Jump to content

Do you think she cares?


Recommended Posts

Posted

if you think about it, on average a person has a "working life" of about 30 years and then retires, probably at the age of about 55/60.

celine has been "working" since the age of 13, for over 25 years now. she's only 40. by the time she's 60 that would mean she would have been "working" for 45 years?????

an average working person would probably be seeing retirement when they reach 25 years of working and would probably be tired as well. so celine is probably feeling quite tired now and doesn't see retirement soon.

i also think that sometimes there seems to be some problems in the marriage. just from the photos that are shown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Duchess_Nicol/flower20cropped.jpg
Posted
I don't understand why re-bumping an old topic like this now. Yes, it's from a 2007 interview, when "Taking Chances" was released. And I'm sure we already discussed about it on the forum. I don't care at all about Céline's private life. I mean, I respect her as a person. And I know she's a human being with human feeling, and human contradictions. (Note: I don't mean to be cruel or disrespectful towards Céline, at all) But I love her music, her way of singing, her way of performing. Her private life belongs to her private area, and I'm not part of that, I don't want to. I will enjoy the concerts I attend anyway, even if you're trying to convince us she wouldn't want to be there and sing. :thumbsup2:
Posted

Tony, Tracy - your words are just my thoughts! And some other people said more or less my thoughts too.

So what more can I add to this?...

I just believe Céline will go the best way for her and I loved her, am loving her and will love her the way she is, no matter if she will sing 'til the end of her days or will vanish from the spotlight in the near future...

 

I think she may not care that much about singing professionally. I mean, she may not miss training her voice so hard as she used to in the past, she may not care much about chart and sales. But what's for sure, like Tracy said, she deffinitely cares for her fans, for her admirers and that's what mostly makes her still being there on stage, I think.

She always kept talking she feels the best on stage - that's when she feels herself and where she can interact the best way with her fans, with the audience.

 

Yes, Ronny, this topic has been already discussed here a few times, esp. in last autumn when that interview/review from Linda Perry has been released but that means this moves many fans and made them think of it.

 

Of course I don't need to be a part of Céline's private life but that doesn't mean we can't make thoughts and concerns about it. The quotes Seba mentioned haven't been "lurked" by someone at her home, she said them in public so we are also fully allowed to discuss them, right? ;)

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted
Yes, Ronny, this topic has been already discussed here a few times, esp. in last autumn when that interview/review from Linda Perry has been released but that means this moves many fans and made them think of it.

 

Of course I don't need to be a part of Céline's private life but that doesn't mean we can't make thoughts and concerns about it. The quotes Seba mentioned haven't been "lurked" by someone at her home, she said them in public so we are also fully allowed to discuss them, right? ;)

Did I say we are not allow to discuss them? :huh: I just expressed my point of view. That's all. ^_^

Posted
I think that she does care because she wants to please her fans and she also wants to be happy at the same time. I don't think that people can really speak for her these things are for her to say but i do know that she cares and she does this for her, her son, her husband and her fans. I think that she knew the sacrifice that she was going to have to make and she made it. That's what makes everyone love her and stick with her. She's touched so many people's lives through her music and many other things and she sacrifices a lot for her fans. This is something that she wants to do and she enjoys doing it. :yes:
Posted
I'm sure she still cares, and I'm sure she still loves to do what she does, and I'm sure she still wants to do it. But now, her career isn't her top priority, and she knows that. We all know that. She knows what's more important, and we have to give her kudos for that. :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted

Exactly Right, I'm a fan of her voice...but you what drawed me to her was her qualities as women, mommy wife and entrtainer she is TRUE and you can see that when she sings...

 

Having said that I can see Celine Retiring in the NEAR FUTURE....but she will always come back That's for sure.

-Nmj

Posted

I guess she may need a longer break, kinda like Barbra had from 2000 'til 2006. She (Barbra) said she's retiring in 2000 but than she missed singing (and let's be honest: the money, hehe) and decided to come back and even to throw a tour.

 

I think Céline needs such a break too but I'm sure she knows herself the best what she wants and needs and we'll just see her taking a right decision soon.

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted

yeh she deeeeffinately needs a 'proper' break not just a ....oh lets go have a baby (coz thats relaxing) and then we'll take a break in vegas for 5 years doing 5 shows a week haha. I personally think she shouldnt have done vegas for so long (if at all?) she didnt even wanna do it when it came to it. Altho its litterally made her come back as some kind of ledgend. But we have a weaker Celine who really needs a break.

 

I think she really does care, she loves if she REALLY wanted to shed stop. and i reckon even when she does 'stop' she'll deffo do a few chers. haha they cant keep away! and thats how it should be. Pop up Celine thats what it'll be when shes 60. haha Get yr wigs and zimmers out!

Posted

wish her the best, but the only thing that i find really confusing is, she is only 40 years old to retire. look at madonna who is almost 10 years her senior but she still can keep her family and carreer at the same time. i wish she can do what shania twain is doing now. she didn't announced a complete retirement after her Greatest Hits in 2004, but she is focusing on her family now and still planning to release an album this year.

 

don't announce a retirement celine, cause we know u will come back...

Posted

I wasn't thinking about a definitive retirement - I just meant a longer break, like 5-6 years.

And I mean break - without any appearances in the spotlight in any kind (movies, concerts, new albums, new songs etc.).

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted
I think it's incredibly obvious and completely understandable that Céline is tired and no longer places such importance on her career.

Ever since Vegas ended it is increasingly clear that singing and recording is no longer what Céline wants. If you watch her interviews, listen to her words and watch her on stage during the current tour, her energy has gone, her enthusiasm has gone.

That is not to say she doesn't care. I think she will always be a singer and she will always appreciate her fans.

 

But she has been doing this for 25 years. She had people pushing her from the age of 12. How many 12 year olds want to be a famous singer or actor? Céline's talent meant she was able to realise that dream. But dreams change. Values change. She has seen the world. She has more riches than any of us could dream of. She has an incredible talent. But that does not mean she is happy. Her voice, her songs, her name: they do not belong to her. People define her by what she wears, how she sings, whether or not she shaves her legs, whether or not she has a top-selling single, whether or not she can pull off r'n'b music.

 

And it doesn't mean anything. It's superficial. It's an illusion. Céline knows this because she has seen the other side of it. We only see the bright lights and the incredible stage presence. We want what she has because we do not have it. And those that don't want it are still unable to understand why Celine might be unhappy. Fame and fortune cannot buy happiness. Just look at all the other huge stars whose lives ended in tragedy or who seemed to have it all but finished with nothing. Celine is lucky because she seems to be remarkably stable. But her life is not real. It does not belong to her. Giving birth and watching her son grow, seeing how her fame can intrude on the lives of others has undoubtedly brought her own fears forward.

 

Of course she wanted to sing and be famous and reach the top. But now what?

Celine's insistance that she is doing this more than ever cause she wants to seems to have lost some of its sincerity. I think she still wants to sing but the whole promoting and doing photoshoots etc just to remain visible... I think she could live without it. Who knows, maybe a long break would make he realise how much she still wants and needs to sing. But right now, she has other worries.

 

She is a forty year old woman who has spent her entire life in the public eye. She made choices at an age when she was easily influenced. She questions how valid those choices were and whether or not they were really her own. That's perfectly normal. She is human and she is entitled to her doubts. We all have them. It's called an existential crisis. Right now, Celine might feel like she doesn't want to sing. Tomorrow she might change her mind.

 

This is just the impression I get from seeing her perform, from watching recent interviews. You might not agree. But like every other human being, she is questioning her life and her choices. And she might be in a better position than us to do that. It's her life after all. But I think she cares... She cares a lot... And that is why she is still on stage... that is why she continues to put pressure on herself to satisfy the often high expectations of others...

 

I hope one day she does what is best for her and not for everybody else.

 

i couldnt have put it better :)

i hope she's ok tho and that after this world tour she takes a break - she totally and completely deserves to spend a lot of quality time with her family, away from the pressures of her work and the public eye.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Posted
This still bugs me, because I just hate the thought of her being unhappy. I don't think she's depressed or anything, though, just questioning stuff, I guess that's normal? When you've come so far in your life, you're tired, and the road ahead looks kind of hectic, I guess that'd be overwhelming. She usually seems to be enjoying life, rather than analysing it the way we do, though. She's getting on with her life, working, and having her moments with her son and husband along the way, plus her dreams for another baby etc. But yeah, she probably does need a break.
Posted
when i think about it sometimes it worries me that she didnt have a break after vegas, and now she is doing this world tour it seems likes alot for her to do, but im sure she didnt HAVE to do the world tour, im quite sure she gets a say if what she chooses to say..she is 40 after all. I think though that doing this world tour and not taking a break means that she is going to take at least 2-3 years out of the spotlight completely, to have another baby and to rest. i think she totally deserves it ...i dont think she will announce total retirement though, i think its a case she would miss it all too much, not that she cant.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/goldengryffindor/Celinedionsig-1.jpg
Posted

:bye1:

I think it's from 2007, I believe, I don't remember, Mathias BUT I do want you all to put these quotes into the current context of charts, singles, albums. It's not all Sony's fault.

 

Also she must not mean it really but - it's reason enough she spoke it out once for us to wonder why she did this. She wouldn't have any reason whatsoever to tell the interviewer all these things if not for the recording of "My Love". It was around that time when Linda Perry told her what she thinks of Céline as a person.

 

Maybe something rang a bell in Céine's head? And maybe now she's confused in a real sense of this word. She has to go on, has to, has a contract but... the ringing of the bell is definitely oud and cllear so it seems.

 

The bell should be clear for the fans, too. Even though we truly enjoy the fabulous new tour, there's a new context to consider.

 

Absolutely agree! :bye1:

Posted

Of course she cares. The poor woman is just really tired and stressed out. She seems to be lost and doesn't know how to get out of it. She really loves singing but doing it everyday for years is too much even for her. She has family now and want to spend as much time with them as possible but she also doesn't want to dissapoint her fans. She wants to have another child and she knows she has no time to lose because she is 40 years old. I think she just needs a couple of years off with no stress and she will come back on stage with pleasure like she did after her last break and we all should be with her now, let her know that we won't be dissapointed with her if she takes a break and we will always be her fans .no matter what she decides to do.

 

Lots of love to Celine and to the ones that agree with me. :wub:

Celine I am with you xXx

Posted
Do you guys really think she's miserable all the time and hating every minute of this tour or something? I really thought all this was just the result of tiredness, a bad moment, and the conversation with Linda and the song. How is she lost? She made the commitment to do this tour. She could cancel it, but I can't imagine she'd even be considering that. She knows who she is and what she's doing, and she's already planning to take a break after it's over. Should we be worried? I don't know.
Posted (edited)

I think she really wanted to go on tour because she saw it as an opportunity to travel the world with her family, promote a new album of new music, and let the rest of the world see her in concert. I really think she could have taken time off if she wanted to, but being the workaholic she is I really think she wanted to go on tour now rather than waiting a few years and while she is used to the routine she has had in LV of performing many times.

 

Personally I kind of wish she had taken a break, maybe a year or two, although she hasn't been on a world tour in so long that it probably is good that she is doing this now. I really would like it if she took a break when she's done next year. She certainly didn't have to make a new album a tour for any kind of monetary reasons. ^_^

Edited by stevethefan
Posted

yes i really get the feeling that this tour is killing her and she hates every minute of it. don't hate me (just a personal observation) because it's pretty obvious that her stage presence had diminished and she performs a little weaker than she did during her last tour for LTAL. Vegas really took a toll on her as a whole. while she's the only one who has changed the face of Vegas, it really ruined her. 5 nights a week show is almost a nightmare for every performer, especially for a female artist. she's the most tired artist alive and she deserves a long break. the fast maturity of her face is just a little reflection of her tiredness. she dress hotter now, granted. but look at her face. she looks so unrested and stressed.

 

she should take a long break and enjoy life's simple pleasure that her fame can't satisfy her. let her live as a mother, prepare food for her son, drive him to school, teach RC after school, give her husband a massage, give their dog a bone, clean the house, water the plants and all the things she can't afford of doing because of her carreer. that's the life this poor woman needs.

Posted

What will be very interesting is to see what changes in her life once the tour is over. She will be off to live in Florida, off to have another child and.........what else?

 

She has had a busy last 10 years, that is for sure.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
Posted
All these (no hit singles, no motivation, no huge sales..) is all because of A New Day, Vegas gave her a lot of money but this show made her less "cool" and un"pop"ular than ever..She needs a break after the tour and a new and huge marketing strategy if she wants to be again what she once was, and she can do it, she is only 40 -_-
Posted
yes i really get the feeling that this tour is killing her and she hates every minute of it. don't hate me (just a personal observation) because it's pretty obvious that her stage presence had diminished and she performs a little weaker than she did during her last tour for LTAL. Vegas really took a toll on her as a whole. while she's the only one who has changed the face of Vegas, it really ruined her. 5 nights a week show is almost a nightmare for every performer, especially for a female artist. she's the most tired artist alive and she deserves a long break. the fast maturity of her face is just a little reflection of her tiredness. she dress hotter now, granted. but look at her face. she looks so unrested and stressed.

 

she should take a long break and enjoy life's simple pleasure that her fame can't satisfy her. let her live as a mother, prepare food for her son, drive him to school, teach RC after school, give her husband a massage, give their dog a bone, clean the house, water the plants and all the things she can't afford of doing because of her carreer. that's the life this poor woman needs.

 

I won't hate you. We all love Celine, and we should be able to have mature discussions about this.

That's your opinion. But when you say you think it's "killing her" I hope you don't mean that literally??

I dont think anyone is disputing that Celine is tired! Or that she's less enthusiastic than she was during the LTAL tour- back then her career was her priority, it's clearly not anymore. Plus, she has a 7 year old, that'd make anyone more tired!!!. The question is, why did she agree to do this tour, if she's hating it THAT much? And do you really think she's faking every smile on stage, and lying when she talks about how much she enjoys the moments with her son and her mother, showing them the world??

I think she should take a break too. I just hope and pray that's she's alright, that she can get through this and she isn't always feeling as bad as she did when she did that interview.

Posted (edited)

I am agree with tonybower and I think some people are not agree she is tired cos she is strength for them,whe someone is your idol you can't believe she might get tired,she could break or maybe get confused.

i am sure she loves singing and she loves her fans but look in these two years she worked with a crazy speed ,vegas showes two albumes with promoting them,it is crazy when linda sais she can't sat no maybe it is cos.rene say to celine if she wants to come back and she wants people remember her she should do the tour and those albumes. I think she is doubtful now but she wants to sing too,she do these things for having a break with being sure she can come back.

but she need a long break,or maybe not a break singing with less speed and just be happy about it.

I think vegas was awful for her too.5 showes a weak in desert in that hard stage.with all these albumes and videos and getting sick too much.

even oprah said to her she need to let go

If you have read "My story my dream" there were other times she was tired like the one she had nightmares about falling a building,or the time she wanted to be with rene but because of her work she had to be silent and keep their relation secret.

I think she need a break to think about what she wants make sure about it and then go for it.

Edited by beautyroses
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpg

Angel of My World

[/i]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...