Jump to content

Billboard single review of "Alone"


Recommended Posts

Posted
I agree, there are some singles that can be a huge hit I know. "Fade away" is one of them. Even "This time".
Posted
celine cats: appearing in the issue dated April 26, and online at billboard.com:

cheers-

xoxox

=chuck=

 

AC

CELINE DION

Alone (4:03)

Producer: Ben Moody

Writers: B. Steinberg,

T. Kelly

Publisher: Sony/ATV

Columbia

This is "Taking Chances"? With an adventurous, even daring array of triumphant tracks on Celine Dion's new album, Sony couldn't play it safer than second single choice of a cover of Heart's "Alone." Dion's performance is ever-exceptional—she delivers formidable drama sans bombast—but radio hardly needs a new version of a consummate song that still plays well as catalog (46 AC outlets recently gave it spins). More important, how does this show the singer has spread her wings stylistically—the calling card of the project? Dion's most dedicated followers were polled on celinedionforum.com and 20% agreed that "Fade Away" casts the ideal mix of reinvention and commercial appeal; they're right. "Alone" came in ninth. If those most invested in Dion's success believe the choice off-base, then what's the potential to kindle "Alone" beyond the disappointing No. 6 peak of previous single "Taking Chances"?—Chuck Taylor

 

thanks chuck !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVER

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg

Posted
I couldn't agree more with that -_- . Thank you and go, Chuck, you're now our voice! :)

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Rene & Sony may not read this fourm, but they surely read Billboard!

Well done, Chuck :clap:

giphy.gif
Posted
Chuck, you took the words right out of my mouth except replace 'Fade Away' with 'Shadow Of Love'. I base that on the fact that my mother has that song on repeat... still. :D

Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badge
http://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.png

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg

Posted

Again Chuck, wonderful review. I hope it wakes somebody up! There are only 5 radio stations playing this track in the US. I'll be surprised if it hits TOP 20 AC.....

 

Sony: WAKE UP......It didnt catch on in Europe, it's tanking here too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...