Jump to content

Any Judy Garland fans?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I love her! :wub: :wub: Great actress, amazing singer, great performer, etc. I'm actually listening to The Pirate soundtrack right now, which pairs her up with the amazingly talented and handsome Gene Kelly. :wub:

 

I don't have the biggest collection of her movies, but I'm slowly working my way to having more. So far on DVD I own The Wizard of Oz: 3-Disc Collector's Edition, A Star Is Born, several copies of Till The Clouds Roll By from multiple public domain releases and box sets, The Clock, Summer Stock, The Pirate, Meet Me In St. Louis, and Easter Parade. Naturally, I want more, cause I just lurve her. :wub:

 

I do have a lot of her music downloaded though. Soundtracks, her complete Decca masters box set, all her studio albums at Capitol, and I've bought a few CDs as well.

 

My favorite Judy movie is The Wizard of Oz, but I think my favorite performance of hers is in A Star Is Born. She's absolutely BRILLIANT in that movie, and it doesn't hurt that she sings what is arguably her second best known song, The Man That Got Away, in it, and NAILS it. :in_love: And I think it's also my second favorite Judy song, behind Over The Rainbow and tied with the version of By Myself from her movie I Could Go On Singing.

 

Anyhoo, yes. GAH, I love this woman. I almost love her more than even Celine. :giggle:

http://imageshack.us/m/17/3216/sigqk.jpg

chanteuse : the celine dion fanlisting | bella donna | livejournal | tumblr | twitter

Posted

I'll be honest and admit that I only really know her from Wizard Of Oz, which is obviously an amazing film and therefore makes her an amazing person!

 

I do however love 'The Man That Got Away' from A Star Is Born.

 

:whistling:

Posted
I think 75% of the world loves The Wizard of Oz. :lol: That and the 2001 ABC miniseries Life With Judy Garland: Me And My Shadows are the two films that made me really want to see more of her movies and listen to more of her music. :wub:

http://imageshack.us/m/17/3216/sigqk.jpg

chanteuse : the celine dion fanlisting | bella donna | livejournal | tumblr | twitter

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
I am a HUGE Judy Garland fan. My favorite movie is "The Clock", my favorite album is "Alone", I love her television series, and cannot wait for her forthcoming rarities album that will be release in France!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

  • 3 years later...
Posted
Happy 89th birthday, JUDY!!!!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Aww my mom was really into Judy Garland :yes:

 

But like many of us here, I only know her from the Wizard of Oz :P

 

BTW, I absolutely love, and bust out in laughter every time i see your username, Shady pins ma :sofunny:

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpg

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg

 

Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥

  • 1 month later...
Posted

New Judy Garland collection released from World Records today:

Smilin' Through: The Singles Collection.

 

It includes an almost complete collection of her singles (and alternate recordings) from Decca Records. (It is missing 2 alternates of "Yah ta ta, Yah ta ta" which were JUST discovered this month).

 

Can't wait to get it! It's supposed to be much more superior to the last Decca box set.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
SOMEWHEERRRRRRE over the rainboowww.. :whistling:

post-1184-1314505734_thumb.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Tomorrow I go to OZtoberfest in Wamego, Kansas!

 

Can't wait to hear the lectures on Judy Garland!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...