alextrusca Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:20 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:20 PM FIY was a lullaby album, didn't you get it?Especially All By Myself, it was so soft and so tender, you could fall to sleep on it.Such a good lullaby album. Oh...just crossed my mind.Why on Earth didn't they include All By Myself on Miracle??? Guess it's just Sony again...they didn't know how to promote it right.
Davey84 Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:21 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:21 PM Bellamy, I hate to disagree with you all the time , but you see that's the problem. It's that generalisation of things: MHWGO is a sappy ballad, forbid anyone thinks its one of her best songs, her AND performances are all bad. That's not how things work. Sure, if you think like that you shouldn't judge her AND performances, because you're obviously biased. Have you even seen AND live??? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
firebird Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:23 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:23 PM Have you even seen AND live???No, why?
Davey84 Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:42 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:42 PM Nothin' sorry... I think Céline isn't 'lazy' with singing @ AND...just like all the tours before Céline has 'off' nights.... she can have a slight cold, PMS, or just slept bad... I saw 4 shows in a row and Céline was amazing, sounded great and was full of passion... I still haven't seen all the D'elles perforances, but from the big 'divas of the 90ies' Céline still has the best pinch of them all! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Koolan Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:46 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:46 PM On the other hand, I just think one thing: she screams too much in the songs, and its not necessary That can be boring for people and I love her songs when she sings soft and doesn't force her voice too much, like FIY.You must be joking? Her voice was soft in FIY? She didn't scream at all. You misunderstood. Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Dechen Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:51 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:51 PM Yea, the Can't Help Falling In Love" LIVE on Elvis: Viva Las Vegas, i couldn't even finish watching it. I just didn't like it. BUT her voice doesn't sound bad at all in her new album. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/dechen15/k-siggy2B.jpg
Bellamy Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:53 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 05:53 PM On the other hand, I just think one thing: she screams too much in the songs, and its not necessary That can be boring for people and I love her songs when she sings soft and doesn't force her voice too much, like FIY.You must be joking? Her voice was soft in FIY? She didn't scream at all. You misunderstood. Oops. Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Javito Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:01 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:01 PM On the other hand, I just think one thing: she screams too much in the songs, and its not necessary That can be boring for people and I love her songs when she sings soft and doesn't force her voice too much, like FIY.You must be joking? Her voice was soft in FIY? She didn't scream at all. You didn't understand me! I mean the FIY SONG! Of course she screams in the FIY album! But I ssaid songs FIY was a lullaby album, didn't you get it?Especially All By Myself, it was so soft and so tender, you could fall to sleep on it.Such a good lullaby album. Oh...just crossed my mind.Why on Earth didn't they include All By Myself on Miracle??? Guess it's just Sony again...they didn't know how to promote it right. FIY is a lullaby album? are you joking? "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
songbird Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:14 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:14 PM Of course her voice is not what it used to be! Time changes everything... and she's not a singing machine. I used to have my doubts, I always thought of her as vocal perfection, but I am a singer as well and I can imagine how hard it can get to get the best out of yourself each and every night, year after year. Some of her earlier performances were so damn perfect, that I could'nt even tell if it she was singing "for real". She set up the highest standards in music, but now she's... coming down to Earth. She'll never hit the high notes in "All by myself again", but she could have never touched the raw emotion in "Alone", the smooth crescendo in "In some small way", the struggle and release, the tension and the spark in "Taking chances", the ethereal fragility throughout all the songs on "D'Elles". It's not a whole new Celine, it's the same daring voice we used to know, in a different manner. Celine Challenge :: Over 10.000 beautiful pictures of our diva! http://celinedion.evonet.ro/coppermine/
LVCeline Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:15 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:15 PM Nothin' sorry... I think Céline isn't 'lazy' with singing @ AND...just like all the tours before Céline has 'off' nights.... she can have a slight cold, PMS, or just slept bad... I saw 4 shows in a row and Céline was amazing, sounded great and was full of passion... I still haven't seen all the D'elles perforances, but from the big 'divas of the 90ies' Céline still has the best pinch of them all! Haha and how do you know how well she pinches? Has she pinched your tush before! :mdr:
Alex_Incognito Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:22 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:22 PM Celine's 10 years older, this does not mean that she's 'lost it' folks. I'm sure she could still reach the ABM notes, she just hasn't sang it in ages. The kind of training and warm-ups that she does makes it so that she can reach these notes. She is human, and she does have bad days. But folks, she's almost 40...she's not even close to old. "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
speedy Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:25 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:25 PM Well....I think her voice is getting better.She's not 25-30 years old, come on!!!She's got still the best voice in the world and even after 5 years at the colisseum!!!She has a truely gift!!!She can do better graves than before, and do still high notes.She's doing for propose that voice on That's just the woman in me!!! is 100% rokish, we have to be proud of hearing that effect, is no that easy!!! What means better for you??? The way she was sounding 10 years ago??? it's true that she was on topnocht that time, but are we living in the past or in the present???I love her voice now, has more textures, emotions and graves.
Davey84 Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:29 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:29 PM Nothin' sorry... I think Céline isn't 'lazy' with singing @ AND...just like all the tours before Céline has 'off' nights.... she can have a slight cold, PMS, or just slept bad... I saw 4 shows in a row and Céline was amazing, sounded great and was full of passion... I still haven't seen all the D'elles perforances, but from the big 'divas of the 90ies' Céline still has the best pinch of them all! Haha and how do you know how well she pinches? Has she pinched your tush before! :mdr: don't you wanna know! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Moleque20 Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:45 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 06:45 PM I agree that Celine has lost that crystal-clear voice and that her 'new' voice is also great and interesting. But i believe that the problem is not her age, but the hot and dry climate of Las Vegas that ruins her voice. Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Nmj Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:30 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:30 PM Judging her AND performances isn't a good idea.Also I think judge her voice from daily A New Day... performance is unfair.Why?! I don't think it's unfair. You can hear her voice live outside of a studio and its pitch correction possibilities. If you want to know how good she is listen to what she does live and not what they make of her voice on an album, especially since the vocal performance on an album isn't half as important as the rest: lyrics, music, instrumentation, arrangements etc. Live you get a much better feeling for the singing, because it is real. I Take you guys have NOT SEEN Celine Live in Las Vegas... I Have and she can still sing the same way she has always sang Her voice is not bad at all but she is human she might squeek in a performance or forget a lyric or too BUt her voice is amazing You know what before her family life and happiness she was like a Machine and it was great at the time...But Now..after seeing her finally enjoying life she sings her songs with more Passion than EVER It's TRUE that Music is mental to ...Before she had Rene Charles....If she sang " If I Could" it would lack passion and be not as good Let's Face Celine's has gone no where She is still the same Celine now more than ever BUT she is not a machine she's HUMAN
songbird Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:45 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:45 PM Well, actually we're not talking about ten years ago... Celine's voice started deteriorating due to the lenghty, exhausting LTAL tour; it was tops in 1990-1996 ... but that's the past. So, we've gotta move on and let the woman-singer-mother-genius evolve anyway she wants to. Celine Challenge :: Over 10.000 beautiful pictures of our diva! http://celinedion.evonet.ro/coppermine/
Andrei Dion Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:50 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:50 PM To me, that's wonderful. She definately can sing and I admire her as a person and as a singer more than ever. Go Céline! AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
alextrusca Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:54 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 07:54 PM and again another endless topic about Celine's voice.like come on...and about her voice on the album, you haven't even heard her "entire voice" on the album, cause guess what, it hasn't been released yet.so why doesn't Bellamy close this topic?
shortswamp Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:41 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:41 PM and again another endless topic about Celine's voice.like come on...and about her voice on the album, you haven't even heard her "entire voice" on the album, cause guess what, it hasn't been released yet.so why doesn't Bellamy close this topic? I'm agree with you... We haven't heard her new album, so we can't judge her voice at all. I have nothing to say about her voice, 'cause everything has been said. She's envolving, let's enjoy it!!! Things change, why vocal cords don't?
cannonball Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:48 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:48 PM You want to hear a voice changing over time? Listen to clips of Joni Mitchell's first few albums, and listen to her latest album. There's a huge difference. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/venusunfolding/100_3663.jpg3/14/07 - The Celine concert that almost was
Koolan Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:51 PM Posted September 29, 2007 at 08:51 PM I don't think this topic needs to be open, none of you have even heard all the songs from the album. Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Recommended Posts