Jump to content

Linda Thompson's comment on Celine


Recommended Posts

Posted
On Céline Dion: "I actually made a pilgrimage from London to Vegas at the beginning of her stint, because that's a fascinating voice. It's rubbish, the stuff she sings, but it's a fascinating voice. And if you're a singer, you've got to hear if she sounds like that live. And she does."

Hello Linda, she sings some stuff YOU wrote. :D

Thanks for the news, Ronny!

 

 

I do not think it is ill-intentioned at all. Linda and Celine have been friends for over a decade. They have worked together on several records and several projects.

 

The "stuff" does not mean "all," but some of the things that Celine sings.

 

I'm so glad Celine got rid of the biggest rubbish - the cringeworthy, over-the-top-sappy, "mama-will-take-care-of-you" voiced What a Wonderful World. I terribly despised that performance and that song... whenever Celine sang it! :P

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks a LOT of Céline's English music is commercial/pop rubbish!

Her interpretation of French lyrics and music is the schiznit... gritty & fun!

And Soph... I HIGHLY agree with you about What A Wonderful World @ ANDLV... :sick: !!!

 

BTW - Glad everyone figured out that this topic WASN'T about Linda Thompson (Jenner - Foster) former runner-up of the Miss USA Pageant and ex-girlfriend of Elvis Presley.

*Just had to expel some of that useless trivia that is floating around in my cranium. :mdr: :mdr:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg

Posted
Hmmmm....I don't know Linda Thompson at all but it's nice to hear someone who really knows how beautiful Celine's voice is.
Posted
as long as she complimented how beautiful celine's voice is
Posted

Who the HELL is this lady calling some of the stuff Celine sings "rubbish?" Celine is an incredible singer and all her songs sound damn good to me. Her songs are written by some of the most brilliant musicians. Back off Linda and stay in Britain or wherever the hell you come from.

 

Linda Thompson, an old British singer, who fell out of grace many years ago when she lost her voice in the 80's.

 

On Céline Dion: "I actually made a pilgrimage from London to Vegas at the beginning of her stint, because that's a fascinating voice. It's rubbish, the stuff she sings, but it's a fascinating voice. And if you're a singer, you've got to hear if she sounds like that live. And she does."

Posted
I now how dare she called Celine's old stuff rubbish. her old is very good and the nerve of her to say that if any one has rubbish music it's her. Personally I think she can go find a better job or pick on someone her own size. :angry2: :angry2: :evil: :nono:
Posted
"I genuinely love Celine Dion," Ms. Thompson, who was proud to confess that she used professional connections to get prime seats for the Quebecois diva's spectacle at Caesar's Palace, said. "I'm not crazy about the material, but she's the whole picture. I went to Vegas when she first opened. I packed my bags and people are asking me where I'm going. Â'To Vegas of course! To see Celine!' This is a woman who has been on the road since she was seven years old, She's just as strange as Michael Jackson, but luckily she hasn't gone the chimpanzee and the boys-in-the-bed route. The Elephant Man and the hyperbaric chamber. She had no private life at all, and marries the first guy she ever went out with who's 7,000 years older than her. Weird. But she has that transcendent instrument."

 

Ms. Thompson did not betray envy. Well, okay, a trace,

 

"I wouldn't mind the money," she said, as she prepared to chase out the door to gather up her 12-year-old grandson, a budding guitarist. "But I couldn't work that hard. Even if I was her age, I couldn't work that hard."

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
stupid:P

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted
Is this woman bitter or something? Celine is weird? She is one of the very few celebrities who look and act normal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted (edited)

Give Linda a break.

 

She says "I geniunely love Celine Dion."

 

 

Yes, Celine can be weird many times. I can testify to that.

And many of her fans are weird as well. I can testify to that! :laugh:

C'est la vie! :stud:

Edited by Love,
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
despite of that "rubbish" description of Linda, Celine is still the best of the best!
Posted
this Linda woman sounds funny! Still from all the strange things she said, it's still a big compliment!
"But she has that transcendent instrument." But I couldn't work that hard. Even if I was her age, I couldn't work that hard."


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Oh yes, this woman Linda. How dare she speak of Celine in such a way. Thank god she's not married to David Foster anymore. David loves Celine and even said on her A&E Biography that Celine "is without question the greatest singer in the world."

 

For those who have never heard of the British Linda Thompson here is some info on her.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Thompson_(singer)

 

I could never imagine, David Foster's ex wife Linda Thompson saying Celine's music was rubbish. I respect David and Linda's opinions and think they both know what they are talking about when it comes to songs. This British one sounds a little bitter, but she's right about Celine's voice. :)

Posted

Rubbish???!!!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/angry.gif I think Linda needs a good kick in the bum!!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/dry.gif

 

 

obviously she was not a fan of celine like the other Linda until and i quote : "you've got to hear if she sounds like that live. And she does" :giggle: :giggle:

i can really relate to her point about celine singing trashy songs in english...she probably heard OH alot :flowers:

 

Trashy english songs?!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/huh.gif What songs would those be?http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/huh.gif

 

"Slave 4 U"..... "Big Butts".....now those are trashy english songs!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/rolleyes.gif

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg

Posted
Oh yes, this woman Linda. How dare she speak of Celine in such a way. Thank god she's not married to David Foster anymore. David loves Celine and even said on her A&E Biography that Celine "is without question the greatest singer in the world."

Read the first post carefully. This is not the same Linda Thompson who was David Foster's wife.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
Give Linda a break.

 

She says "I geniunely love Celine Dion."

 

 

Yes, Celine can be weird many times. I can testify to that.

And many of her fans are weird as well. I can testify to that! :laugh:

C'est la vie! :stud:

 

lol...Celine is very weird! But that's why I love her! :giggle: Anyway, to all those who are lashing out against Linda...in my opinion I think she is saying it all in jest. From how I read it, it sounds pretty sarcastic and like she said...she genuinely loves Celine Dion. So there ya have it!

Edited by Lawna
Posted
I don't understand why some of you are getting so bent out of shape about these comments. She bluntly says how much talent she thinks Celine has, that she's the real deal, how much she loves her, and her tremendous work ethic. Just because she tells the truth that some of the songs are less than wonderful material, not to mention doesn't do it in a cruel way, isn't a bad thing. She's not attacking Celine herself, she's praising her, even if it is a bit of a backhanded compliment. Plus, we all know how popular Celine is in the UK anyway, I think this is good press to have-- where was it, the gazette?-- proclaiming her immense talent.

. . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png

Posted
I don't understand why some of you are getting so bent out of shape about these comments. She bluntly says how much talent she thinks Celine has, that she's the real deal, how much she loves her, and her tremendous work ethic. Just because she tells the truth that some of the songs are less than wonderful material, not to mention doesn't do it in a cruel way, isn't a bad thing. She's not attacking Celine herself, she's praising her, even if it is a bit of a backhanded compliment. Plus, we all know how popular Celine is in the UK anyway, I think this is good press to have-- where was it, the gazette?-- proclaiming her immense talent.

 

Just because she stated she liked Celine's voice doesn't make up for the fact she called the songs that made Celine famous rubbish!http://smileyset.com/temp/PRINCESS/dry.gifCeline has a hand in picking the songs she sings so is Linda saying Celine has bad taste? http://smileyset.com/temp/PRINCESS/dry.gif

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg

Posted
Give Linda a break.

 

She says "I geniunely love Celine Dion."

 

 

Yes, Celine can be weird many times. I can testify to that.

And many of her fans are weird as well. I can testify to that! :laugh:

C'est la vie! :stud:

 

lol...Celine is very weird! But that's why I love her! :giggle: Anyway, to all those who are lashing out against Linda...in my opinion I think she is saying it all in jest. From how I read it, it sounds pretty sarcastic and like she said...she genuinely loves Celine Dion. So there ya have it!

 

Exactly. -_-

Posted
Guys, I just realized some of you are mistaking her for Linda, David Foster's Ex, it's NOT her! LOL!

 

Linda Thompson who commented about it is an old British HAG who fell out of grace many years ago when she lost her voice in the 80's.

 

http://www.dirtylinen.com/104/thompson.jpg

 

 

That was very funny :w00t: :D :D :D

Never heard about her anyway

Posted

Celine is passionate when she sings and when she's the one singing, every song she sings becomes meaningful more understandable despite of poor message and poor melody. It' sbecause her heart and voice make songs beautiful.

 

 

But there are some songs that I really can't appreciate even if it's Celine who is singing. I do appreciate the voice but the song? But just some though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...