Jump to content

Celine for Luther Vandross tribute album


Recommended Posts

Posted

i was watching Dance With My Father music video (Luther's) it's so touching....... and i got tears in my eyes and when Celine's father appear in the video i almost cried..........

 

i strongly sugguest Celine shoot the video for this song...... it would be so touching... and the video should include some footage of Celine's father...

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
I can't wait for the studio version. I so adore Celine's version on Grammy. one of my favorite video.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

Official press release:

 

J Records to Release So Amazing: An All-Star Tribute to Luther Vandross

           

Alicia Keys, Usher, Aretha Franklin, Celine Dion, Jamie Foxx, Mary J. Blige,

              Elton John and Others Join Star-Studded Tribute

                    to a Quintessential Singer of Our Time

 

    NEW YORK, Aug. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Many of today's most talented and

world-renown music superstars, from Alicia Keys and Celine Dion, to Usher and

Elton John, have gathered to pay musical homage to one of the greatest singers

of our time on So Amazing: An All-Star Tribute To Luther Vandross, set for a

September 20 release on J Records.

    So Amazing is a collection of the most memorable hits from Vandross'

musical legacy.  Artists and songs featured on the album thus far include Mary

J. Blige ("Never Too Much"), Aretha Franklin ("A House Is Not A Home"), Usher

("Superstar"), Beyonce ("So Amazing"), Alicia Keys ("If This World Was Mine" -

duet with Jermaine Paul), Donna Summer ("Power of Love"), Celine Dion ("Dance

With My Father"), Patti LaBelle ("Here and Now"), Jamie Foxx ("Creepin"),

Elton John ("Anyone Who Had A Heart" - duet with Luther's original vocals),

Fantasia ("Till My Baby Comes Home"), John Legend ("Love Won't Let Me Wait"),

Babyface ("If Only For One Night") and Wyclef Jean ("Always and Forever").

    So Amazing has been a work in progress for some time with an overwhelming

response from Luther's friends, colleagues and admirers, all eager to

contribute to the project.  Clive Davis says, "It seemed like an impossible

task to do full justice to all Luther classics. And yet these landmark artists

have done just that. Memorable performances of wonderful songs that ensure

Luther's legacy will live on forever."

    Celine Dion comments that singing "Dance With My Father," one of Luther's

last studio recordings from his J Records 2003 release of the same name, was

difficult to do at first since the passing of her father a few years ago. "But

I feel much stronger now to sing it.  I'm very thankful I'm getting the chance

to do it. It's a very pretty song and I loved Luther very much," she adds.

Mary J. Blige, who performs "Never Too Much," the hit song from Luther's debut

album, Never Too Much, recalls the first time she heard the song as being a

"breath of fresh air ... No one had ever heard of anyone that sounded like

Luther. No one heard anyone that brought that much soul."  Usher adds, "Luther

Vandross' music influences generations of past, present and future by helping

us understand the language of love.  His legacy will live on forever and I'm

happy that I could contribute to his legacy."

    Luther Vandross was undeniably one of the most significant balladeers of

our time. Since the 1981 platinum-selling release of Never Too Much, Luther's

recording career spanned over two decades and resulted in a lifetime of chart

topping hits.  Through the 1980's, he recorded a string of platinum albums,

including Forever, For Always, For Love, Busy Body and The Night I Fell In

Love. He scored his first Grammy Award in 1989 with "Here And Now." His last

studio album, 2003's Dance With My Father, received 4 Grammy Awards (including

Song of the Year for the title song "Dance With My Father") and has generated

worldwide sales exceeding 3 million copies.  Collectively, Luther's body of

work has sold in excess of 30 million records worldwide, winning eight Grammy

Awards, numerous Soul Train, BET, NAACP Image Awards and American Music

Awards.  Vandross died on July 1, 2005 from complications from the stroke he

suffered in 2003.  He was 54.

 

SOURCE J Records

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
:wub: :wub:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted

just did a little search of the tribute album to luther on amazon and i found this

 

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AOENL8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

 

1. Mary J Blige “Never Too Much”

2. Usher “Superstar”

3. Fantasia "Til My Baby Comes Home"

4. Beyonce & Stevie Wonder “So Amazing”

5. Aretha Franklin “A House Is Not A Home”

6. Donna Summer "Power of Love"

7. Alicia Keys (feat Jermaine Paul) “If This World Were Mine”

8. Elton John & Luther Vandross “Anyone Who Had A Heart”

9. Celine Dion “Dance With My Father”

10. Wyclef "Always & Forever"

11. Babyface "If Only For One Night"

12. Patti Labelle "Here & Now"

13. John Legend "Love Won't Let Me Wait"

14. Angie Stone "Since I Lost My Baby"

15. Jamie Foxx "Creepin"

 

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted

Great news! Thanks :)

 

By the way it was good surprise how often the "Miracle" CD was mentioned on close amazon pages. It's on list of "The Most Distinctive CD's Released in '04" and in "Here are Some of the BEST Female Vocals of 2005"

Who knows where the road will lead us, only a fool would say...

 

Russian Celine Dion Forum - Place for those who can talk

Posted
I can't wait! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted

Well even if we belive that they will release it as a single... i don't think i'd happen... its too recent and ppl hae heard quite a bit of it in recent times...

 

shasti

Posted
we will get to listen to this by next month..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/felixwhoals/CelineMe.jpg

 

So suddenly, it's clear to me

Things change

Our future lies in here and now

We live it through somehow

 

Now the greatest reward

Is the love that I can give

I'm here for you now

For as long as I live

You made me who I am

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I can't wait to hear Celine version singing " Dance With My Father".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...