Koolan Posted May 20, 2007 at 02:02 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 02:02 AM Some of you already know this from the downtime notice- this morning, we successfully moved all our websites (celinechannel.com celinedionforum.com and celineirc.com) to our new powerful high-end server. It's located in a different datacenter than the previous one, specifically in Fortworth Dallas for those curious minds. We did not receive enough donations but I went ahead and bought the new server anyway in hopes of receiving more money later. Plus, the forum is going to be very busy starting next week, I didn't want the server to fall on its knees again. So, please do consider donating whatever you can. The money is not just spent on the monthly server, there are other costs as well: forum license, domain fees, new skins for forum, and related fees. Anyways, most of you can expect an increased speed in browsing the forum and downloading/uploading. This web hosting company is one of the tops in the industry. Our server can handle much more members online and downloads than before. Let us know if you notice a difference in speeds. All feedback are welcome. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Clari Posted May 20, 2007 at 04:31 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 04:31 AM Wooo, Texas! Congrats on the new server! The server is MUCH faster, especially on dialup!!! Thanks for all your hard work! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx... "Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras
Koolan Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:07 AM Author Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:07 AM I thought about how it may make a difference to you. Fortworth to be exact. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Célinefull Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:09 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:09 AM Oh my goodness! This new server is unbelievably PRO! It looks fantastic. I'm glad that you were able ot upgrade the forum now, as I'm guessing there is going to be be a lot of new members signing up now that she is releasing albums again. Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
Krys Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:23 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:23 AM it does load a faster i havent tried downloading anything yet though Quote
ryandion25 Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:46 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:46 AM I'm from China.and the new version is so beautiful.but the speed is just as same as before - faster than some other foreign websites. Quote http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8600/43566103tz1.jpg
ryandion25 Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:48 AM Posted May 20, 2007 at 05:48 AM I applied a credit card.I'll donate some days later. Quote http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8600/43566103tz1.jpg
nano Posted May 21, 2007 at 06:33 AM Posted May 21, 2007 at 06:33 AM wow..this is faster, even I can see the difference....and that's something. I hope people wake up and start to donate.. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Koolan Posted May 21, 2007 at 06:48 AM Author Posted May 21, 2007 at 06:48 AM tomorrow and the days after will be the real test. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
denise Posted May 21, 2007 at 07:06 PM Posted May 21, 2007 at 07:06 PM Looks great! It loads a lot faster. Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
Krys Posted May 21, 2007 at 10:56 PM Posted May 21, 2007 at 10:56 PM whoaaaaaaaa 200kbps now thats goooooood Quote
Koolan Posted May 22, 2007 at 12:43 AM Author Posted May 22, 2007 at 12:43 AM whoaaaaaaaa 200kbps now thats gooooooodI traced the route from the old server and the new server to your IP, this one has less lag and hops to Malaysia. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Krys Posted May 23, 2007 at 08:41 AM Posted May 23, 2007 at 08:41 AM whoaaaaaaaa 200kbps now thats gooooooodI traced the route from the old server and the new server to your IP, this one has less lag and hops to Malaysia. cool! im lovin the speed Quote
Bellamy Posted June 3, 2007 at 06:53 PM Posted June 3, 2007 at 06:53 PM Server speed improved a lot to China. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted June 3, 2007 at 06:59 PM Author Posted June 3, 2007 at 06:59 PM We're close to 65% towards our goal. The new Server has been up and running for over 2 weeks now. Many of you should notice a significant speed increase and a better overall experience here. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
jules weise Posted June 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM Posted June 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM Hello Forum: I would love to contrubite to the Forum!, but I, like every one else in this world today. Want something in return!!! What you say! I've been trying to get a copy of the Celine & Elvis Duet that will play on my Bose 48 home theater system. I have only been avble to download a VOB file. This will not work on the Bose system. I do not want to tell ya'll, the dollar expendature that I have put out! Please, Please HELP. here's the deal $50.00 for a playable DVD copy of Celine & Elvis Duet to the forum. onNow some trust is required !! If you say you can do this. I will give the Forum the Fifty Dollar on-line!! Deal or No Deal ? Jules Weisejulesweise@comcast.net Quote
Koolan Posted June 11, 2007 at 07:02 AM Author Posted June 11, 2007 at 07:02 AM Enjoy the DVD, Jules! Thanks for your donation. Almost there...we need around $50 to reach our goal. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Pam_1982 Posted June 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM Posted June 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM Wow!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Quote
zwickau Posted June 24, 2007 at 02:14 PM Posted June 24, 2007 at 02:14 PM merci Quote I love you Celine Dionhttp://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/cell_016/sig20oscars7b.jpg
Vivienne Posted June 25, 2007 at 08:21 PM Posted June 25, 2007 at 08:21 PM Some of you already know this from the downtime notice- this morning, we successfully moved all our websites (celinechannel.com celinedionforum.com and celineirc.com) to our new powerful high-end server. It's located in a different datacenter than the previous one, specifically in Fortworth Dallas for those curious minds. We did not receive enough donations but I went ahead and bought the new server anyway in hopes of receiving more money later. Plus, the forum is going to be very busy starting next week, I didn't want the server to fall on its knees again. So, please do consider donating whatever you can. The money is not just spent on the monthly server, there are other costs as well: forum license, domain fees, new skins for forum, and related fees. Anyways, most of you can expect an increased speed in browsing the forum and downloading/uploading. This web hosting company is one of the tops in the industry. Our server can handle much more members online and downloads than before. Let us know if you notice a difference in speeds. All feedback are welcome. Can you let me know how to donate a monthly fee. I'd be happy to as I think this Celine forum is fabulous Quote
Koolan Posted June 25, 2007 at 08:27 PM Author Posted June 25, 2007 at 08:27 PM Sure, click here and then scroll down to the part where it says "Paypal Monthly Subscriptions" and click on the button with the corresponding amount you wish to donate every month. If you need further help, feel free to ask. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Love, Posted June 26, 2007 at 03:22 AM Posted June 26, 2007 at 03:22 AM Vic, how many more donators do you need? Seven? Quote
Koolan Posted June 26, 2007 at 05:37 AM Author Posted June 26, 2007 at 05:37 AM It varies depending on the amount per Donator, we need ~$40 more. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Love, Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:24 AM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:24 AM I have an idea, Maybe you can do something like this: It varies depending on the amount per Donator, we need ~$40 more. Quote
A New Day Has Come Posted July 29, 2007 at 10:44 PM Posted July 29, 2007 at 10:44 PM Congrats on the faster server it's great I love it. Quote
nano Posted July 31, 2007 at 09:15 AM Posted July 31, 2007 at 09:15 AM I have an idea, Maybe you can do something like this: It varies depending on the amount per Donator, we need ~$40 more.High five to that..love your design, Sophoan! Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.