celinesounds Posted May 2, 2007 at 10:37 AM Posted May 2, 2007 at 10:37 AM (edited) Amazon.comIn an era of digital downloads and singles, Tori Amos embraces the concept album in a sprawling 23-song oratorio. Firing across the American psychological, social, and political landscape, she takes on the state of the world, war, and feminism. To help her, she adopts five personas--her American Doll Posse--who take their characteristics from Greek gods, but not their names: Clyde, Pip, Isabel, Santa, and Tori. You need a scorecard to keep track, but don't worry. It's still Tori Amos, bending syllables in improbable pretzels with rippling piano themes and choruses that threaten to go Broadway at any moment. Amos vents her political spleen through "Isabel," leaving no doubt as to her targets on tracks like "Yo George," and comments on our impersonal age and computer addiction with "Digital Ghost." That's sung by the character "Tori," who is reputedly based on Demeter and Dionysus, representing the split between Amos's earth-mother side and her wilder, more libertine tendencies. Anti-war and pro-feminist themes are plastered across American Doll Posse like sloganeering posters. "Dark Side of the Sun" laments both sides of the war, including the Islamists who lay down their lives "for some sick promise of heaven." Amos adopts a big '80s rock sound on many tracks, with guitarist Mac Aladdin pealing off Brian May-style guitar licks over an arena-rock beat. It's where Amos details a more personal sound that American Doll Posse leaves a lasting impression. "Girl Disappearing," sung by "Clyde," holds echoes of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby," not only because of the string quartet and nostalgic tone, but the updated tale of a woman losing herself. "Smokey Joe" brims with dark atmospheres, Robert Fripp-like guitar sustains, and Amos's most elaborate vocal arrangements, interweaving two sets of lyrics for "Pip." More than a concept album, American Doll Posse is a convergence experience, mixing online blogs from each character, videos, MySpace sites, and more. --John Diliberto Track List1. Yo George 2. Big Wheel 3. Bouncing off Clouds 4. Teenage Hustling 5. Digital Ghost 6. You Can Bring Your Dog 7. Mr. Bad Man 8. Fat Slut 9. Girl Disappearing 10. Secret Spell 11. Devils and Gods 12. Body and Soul 13. Father's Son 14. Programmable Soda 15. Code Red 16. Roosterspur Bridge 17. Beauty of Speed 18. Almost Rosey 19. Velvet Revolution 20. Dark Side of the Sun 21. Posse Bonus 22. Smokey Joe 23. Dragon OUT NOW tori amos official sites:http://www.toriamos.com/http://everythingtori.com/go/home Edited May 2, 2007 at 10:40 AM by celinemariedion Quote #FREEJAVITO
Céline's Blues Posted May 2, 2007 at 11:01 AM Posted May 2, 2007 at 11:01 AM It's a fabulous album but I had to delete some songs to make it coherent and just straight-up amazing! Here's my playlist of ADP: 1. Mr. Bad-Man2. Teenage Hustling3. Big Wheel4. Bouncing Off The Clouds5. Rostespour Bridge6. Beauty Of Speed7. You Can Bring Your Dog8. Almost Rosey9. Girl Dissappearing10. Father'S Son11. Dark Side Of The Sun12. Code Red13. Body And Soul14. Velvet Revolution And I DONT want to hear about 4343 songs albums. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
celinesounds Posted May 2, 2007 at 12:07 PM Author Posted May 2, 2007 at 12:07 PM It's a fabulous album but I had to delete some songs to make it coherent and just straight-up amazing! Here's my playlist of ADP: 1. Mr. Bad-Man2. Teenage Hustling3. Big Wheel4. Bouncing Off The Clouds5. Rostespour Bridge6. Beauty Of Speed7. You Can Bring Your Dog8. Almost Rosey9. Girl Dissappearing10. Father'S Son11. Dark Side Of The Sun12. Code Red13. Body And Soul14. Velvet Revolution And I DONT want to hear about 4343 songs albums. Tori Amos has one problem…. too many songs in her albums...this has been happen since scarlet's walk Quote #FREEJAVITO
Mrs.Goldman Posted May 2, 2007 at 04:23 PM Posted May 2, 2007 at 04:23 PM If only Celine had that "problem"... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/CallingYou/shadowoflovesig-1.jpg
Lawna Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:01 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:01 AM If only Celine had that "problem"... I would be the happiest fan ever! I love anything Celine sings! I've tried to listen to Tori Amos, but I can't really get into it although I would say I do enjoy the song "Crucify" "Why do we, crucify ourselves?" Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
celinesounds Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:38 PM Author Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:38 PM I've got my album today i love how sounds Velvet Revolution Quote #FREEJAVITO
celinesounds Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:43 PM Author Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:43 PM (edited) If only Celine had that "problem"... I would be the happiest fan ever! I love anything Celine sings! I've tried to listen to Tori Amos, but I can't really get into it although I would say I do enjoy the song "Crucify" "Why do we, crucify ourselves?" Try her soft songs like Jackie's strength - I Feel in love for Tori with this song - 1998 1000 oceans - 1999 hey jupiter - 1996 - My fav Tori song - 2002 Edited May 7, 2007 at 08:45 PM by celinemariedion Quote #FREEJAVITO
celinefanonline Posted May 7, 2007 at 09:46 PM Posted May 7, 2007 at 09:46 PM there's limited edition with dvd right Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
celinesounds Posted May 8, 2007 at 12:33 AM Author Posted May 8, 2007 at 12:33 AM there's limited edition with dvd right yes, i think is a digipack version with extra stuff like her scarlet's walk Quote #FREEJAVITO
celinesounds Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:28 AM Author Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:28 AM http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1938/doll2mh7.jpg http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3152/dollsbisdssit9.jpgMiracle - BonusBouncing off Clouds Devils and Gods Big Wheel Teenage Hustling Almost RoseyVelvet RevolutionDigital GhostDrive All Night- BonusYou Can Bring Your DogMr. Bad ManSecret SpellBody and SoulFather's SonRoosterspur BridgeBeauty of SpeedGirl DisappearingDark Side of the Sun Bonus tracks can be download @ http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/index.html Quote #FREEJAVITO
Davey84 Posted May 10, 2007 at 12:48 PM Posted May 10, 2007 at 12:48 PM Miracle - Bonus Drive All Night- Bonus I think somebody DID buy Céline's last two english albums!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
firebird Posted May 10, 2007 at 01:07 PM Posted May 10, 2007 at 01:07 PM http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1938/doll2mh7.jpghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3152/dollsbisdssit9.jpg You don't like Dragon? It's the best song on the album (one of the few really good ones) Quote
celinesounds Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:53 PM Author Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:53 PM http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1938/doll2mh7.jpghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3152/dollsbisdssit9.jpg You don't like Dragon? It's the best song on the album (one of the few really good ones) is a kind of boring, sorry...nothing new on the song...same old Tori’s sound Quote #FREEJAVITO
celinesounds Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:55 PM Author Posted May 10, 2007 at 09:55 PM Miracle - Bonus Drive All Night- Bonus I think somebody DID buy Céline's last two english albums!! maybe...but celine's song is I DROVE not Drive Quote #FREEJAVITO
celinesounds Posted May 11, 2007 at 12:51 AM Author Posted May 11, 2007 at 12:51 AM Miracle avaible @ Quote #FREEJAVITO
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.