Jump to content

Working with Bryan Michael Cox


Recommended Posts

Posted
BLEH! No R&B! -_-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted
She's going to get laughed at. You thought she was ridiculed when she went all Britney but now she's going Mimi she'll be the laughing stock of the music world. It's not her thing. Celine is not cool. Why does she try so hard? She's unique enough on her own, why oh why can she not be herself?
Posted

i love that celine try rnb or something like that

i thing it gonna be nice to hear

Posted
As bad as everything sounds we should all try to be more positive. I mean even thought they come up with these people the songs might be really good. They are trying to get a change in her music which I agree they have to do. However I hope they don't do something too drastic. I still think that a rock edge would have been better. Oh well.
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
I think this is a good move. You know for months I have been coming to this forum everyday readying posts about how people want Celine to work with new people, to have another hit album and singles, and to make another Falling Into You. Wake up people....that is exactly what they are doing. They are working with people that Celine has never worked with before. If they don't make a change and try something new, yes she might have some great songs but they won't be a hit and radio stations will not play them because her current sound is not what radio stations are playing these days. And what did they do with Falling Into You, she sang songs like It's All Coming Back To Me Now that had that edge that radio stations wanted to play. So in my opinion they are going to give fans exactly what we have been asking for. I think this will be another Falling Into You, but a 2007 version with the edge that has songs that radio stations will play. If they don't try something new, the album will come out and sell about 3-5 million copies, AC stations will play some of the singles and that's it. No hits! Celine can do this and it will not make her a laughing stock of the music industry as someone wrote earlier today - if you think that then you must not be a Celine fan because as we all know Celine can do pretty much anything that she sets her mind to. I think this will probably be one of her best English CDs yet. We have to give the album some time. All we know is rumors that Celine will be working with certain people and then people in the forum are jumping to conclusions. We haven't even heard one song yet (probably not even one song has been recorded yet) and people are already being negative. Give it time and be a little more positive!
Posted
I think this is a good move.  You know for months I have been coming to this forum everyday readying posts about how people want Celine to work with new people, to have another hit album and singles, and to make another Falling Into You.    Wake up people....that is exactly what they are doing.    They are working with people that Celine has never worked with before.  If they don't make a change and try something new, yes she might have some great songs but they won't be a hit and radio stations will not play them because her current sound is not what radio stations are playing these days.  And what did they do with Falling Into You, she sang songs like It's All Coming Back To Me Now that had that edge that radio stations wanted to play.    So in my opinion they are going to give fans exactly what we have been asking for.  I think this will be another Falling Into You, but a 2007 version with the edge that has songs that radio stations will play.  If they don't try something new, the album will come out and sell about 3-5 million copies, AC stations will play some of the singles and that's it.  No hits!  Celine can do this and it will not make her a laughing stock of the music industry as someone wrote earlier today - if you think that then you must not be a Celine fan because as we all know Celine can do pretty much anything that she sets her mind to.  I think this will probably be one of her best English CDs yet.  We have to give the album some time.  All we know is rumors that Celine will be working with certain people and then people in the forum are jumping to conclusions.  We haven't even heard one song yet (probably not even one song has been recorded yet) and people are already being negative.    Give it time and be a little more positive!

Yuhuuuu! Agree 100%! Go Celine! :clap:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted

I seriously doubt that Celine will do anything extreme...

 

Here are some examples:

 

- She had old-school rap in "Unison" (wasn't "old school" then :giggle: )

- I mean, she has recorded "YOUR LIGHT" back in the mid-nineties for FIY album.

- Then, she went on to record "Treat Her Like a Lady" for LTAL...and sang it ALL OVER THE WORLD for LTAL Tour

- Then, she recorded "Rain, Tax" and "Superlove" for ANDHC

- She sang "Shook Me All Night" at Divas Las Vegas

- Then, she recorded "Naked" for One Heart

 

The funny thing is... even though these were different from her normal repertoire, you could still hear the "Celine" in these songs. She did not lose herself. You could tell she added her own unique voice and style to each song that she recorded and performed.

 

I'm excited for Celine's next album. It's BEEN TOO LONG! As of this April, it will be 4 years since she's last released a mainstream album (One Heart).

Posted

yeahh but this time we r talking about what seems to be a concept album and the concept is , like it or not , RNB all the wayyyyyy .

she is working with some heavy RNB/RAP producers so the outcome wont be as light as before :msn-wink:

Posted
yeahh but this time we r talking about what seems to be a concept album and the concept is , like it or not , RNB all the wayyyyyy .

she is working with some heavy RNB/RAP producers so the outcome wont be as light as before :msn-wink:

At the moment:

We're counting chickens before the eggs are hatching...

But I guess it's because WE ARE ALL SOOOO EXCITED! :D :D :D

 

I don't know what's going on, but as we can see in the past several albums, Celine has been very eclectic in her song collections. I hope that is a pattern that will continue. And what I am hoping for in this next album are some new duets :D ... BUT I AM SURE she will NOT be like this:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_8KjgQRXwc :wacko: :no: :no: :mdr: :mdr:

Posted
so celine's going R&B? or??

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted

Great if Celine wants to do it who are we?

 

And do we really want to bring an album out that we like but the rest of the world not????

 

If she brings out a falling into you 2 what will the press say?

 

And some new things LET IT COME CELINE!!!!

I'm open to it...

TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR

8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras

Posted

kdw123 has a valid point. Ppl here tend to whine all the time that she isn't singing these boring sappy ballads from the 90's 24/7 but then they say they want her to be popular and stuff which ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I've been saying for a year now that IF Céline wants a hit she as to do RNB. And she seems to be heading more than clearly into this direction.

 

And is RNB wrong? NOT AT ALL. If properly served, of course. Take Robin Thicke for example - the best example how exquisite RNB can sound these days without going over the top. I would die if Céline did something as exquisite and stylish but she won't...knowing my luck she won't. haha

 

The danger here is that the new RNB producers will write some really trashy songs that would earn the infamous title of "Max Martin Award 2007". Do we have grounds to fear that? YES we DO! That's the problem with Céline, especially in English - if you give her too much credit she will pop up with the Swedes from around the corner and sing absolutely DISASTROUSLY ridiculous and shallow songs and - that's the worst thing of all - being happy big time about it.

 

This new English project can be saved ONLY by Céline's involvement - IF she will sing from the bottom of her heart and will even dare to write some music or at least choose the music like she did for the French CD, this can be interesting. Especially considering we're bound to hear the songs on her upcoming tour.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Great if Celine wants to do it who are we?

 

And do we really want to bring an album out that we like but the rest of the world not????

 

If she brings out a falling into you 2 what will the press say?

 

And some new things LET IT COME CELINE!!!!

I'm open to it...

Agree 100% with you too :giggle:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted
I don't want celine R&B :confused: I want celine more pop, classical where is David Foster?? :D :whistling:

19-24 May 2008 Paris France

22 June 2008 Munchen Germany

1 July 2008 Wien Austrie

3 July 2008 Milan Italy

5 July 2008 Nice France

12-14-15 February 2009 Montreal Canada

15-16-19 March 2011 Las Vegas Usa

 

 

What's next !!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

facebook

Francesco Scaraggi

Posted

If Céline remains with pop/classical style, there won't be hits... But if she does something new, to surprise everyone, then there's a chance!

:blow: :blow:

 

And some R&B songs don't mean she will be rapping! Come on! She needs an edge to her sound and that's what they are trying to achieve by working with these two producers. She has to take the risk. And they could be ballads with a R&B touch, nothing wrong with that! If we fans start trashing her next album before it's even recorded, what kind of message are we sending out there...? Be optimistic. We might all be pleasantly surprised!! :eek_yello: Have a little faith - as Celine might say herself... :innocent:

Posted
so celine's going R&B? or??

If Celine really want to ,be sure to ask R.kelly,Babyface,Stevie Wonder,Prince and Brian McKnight,Ne-Yo,Bryan Michael Cox and Diane Warren.it'll be a big,big hit for sure! :giggle:

Posted
I'm glad to hear she is maybe going to try something new...let's hope they don't go as trashy as OH- they have to notice it's poor reviews- but I'm all up for her saying hello to the 21st Century- I can't wait! GO CELINE!

I believe I believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(even if all the rest of your fans don't  :angel_not: )

 

One Heart was pure cheesy pop and clearly rushed together after the unexpected Chrysler deal. It had it's moments but yeah you're right it generally received poor reviews. Celine needs to come back with something different this time, and yes gogo it's clear she does still care about commercial success as she's clearly seeking out producers and writes with a recent level of success. The results will be interesting.

I actually remember One Heart getting better reviews from critics than ANDHC. I remember Billboard saying this was the album she should have come back with.... Doesn't matter what critics say anyway, I love them both!

Posted

PLEASE people. BE PATIENT.

Some of you, well most of you, are so pessismistic. I dout that Celine will come out with an R&B album.

Instaed WAIT for the album...only in 10 months

Posted (edited)

Only?Only? :P

Well its probably gonna be RnB those names weren't heard by chance but it may not as bad as you (we) imagine, it may not BE as we imagine either.its true making an rnb album could mean a lot of things...

Edited by amelie
Posted
I still think that if she uses them as songwriters/producers, that it doesn't have to mean she will make a R'n'B album.
Posted
I still think that if she uses them as songwriters/producers, that it doesn't have to mean she will make a R'n'B album.

It smels like a pig, moves like a pig and looks like a pig. Do your seriously believe that she's working with the hottest RNB stars out there at the moment and they will write her songs like "It's All Coming Back To Me" or " Drove All Night"!? :lmao:

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
No, but Jessica's song doesn't sound RNB-ish either, so no one knows.
Posted
No, but Jessica's song doesn't sound RNB-ish either, so no one knows.

Which Jessica song?

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

WyldCard, one of Bryan-Michael Cox co-workers, wrote on his MySpace:

 

His career is only beginning and he is already on pace to eclipse his achievements in half the time. With this expansion and with future projects like Celine Dion, and Britney Spears around the corner, Kendrick “WyldCard” Dean is on a fast road to legendary greatness.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
:clap: I think it´s nice too see that Celine does something diffirent for once and R&B is it she can sing anything she wants and bryan is really great musician/Songwriter he co-wrote Mariah´s The Emancipation Of Mimi. :kicking:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
Posted
:clap: I think it´s nice too see that Celine does something diffirent for once and R&B is it she can sing anything she wants and bryan is really great musician/Songwriter he co-wrote Mariah´s The Emancipation Of Mimi. :kicking:

 

That is worrying I dont hate that album but Celine shouldnt be following in others footsteps she should be setting trends

I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........

 

Glasgow SECC, November 1996

Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999

Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005

An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007

Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008

London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008

Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008

Nice, France - 5 July 2008

Posted
:clap: I think it´s nice too see that Celine does something diffirent for once and R&B is it she can sing anything she wants and bryan is really great musician/Songwriter he co-wrote Mariah´s The Emancipation Of Mimi. :kicking:

Yep! I like "Don't forget about us", "Get your number" and "Shake it off". I just CAN'T see the day that we'll listen to Celine's first new english single... :in_love:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted

:D

hey guys i think Celine knowes what she is doing and she wants to work with the hot moguls in music today and one of them is definely Bryan Michael cox and Rock Guitarist Ben Moody if she wants rock she has Ben Moody to fluorish some greatness for her if she wants R&B ballad in the ave of Mary J Blige-Whitney Houston it´s Bryan. And the big ballads will be the one and only DAVID FOSTER. :giggle: :innocent:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
Posted
:clap: I think it´s nice too see that Celine does something diffirent for once and R&B is it she can sing anything she wants and bryan is really great musician/Songwriter he co-wrote Mariah´s The Emancipation Of Mimi. :kicking:

Yep! I like "Don't forget about us", "Get your number" and "Shake it off".

:sick:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...