keny Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:48 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:48 PM Well folks.Don't hold your breath for the DVD anytime soon! I inquired to some people connected with AND and here is the scoop. First things first. Friday nights show (jan 26) they were still filming the DVD. They filmed River Deep Mountain High,(and may I say Celine looked hot in that mini skirt a la Tina Turner) ANDHC, the giving of the rose and Celine off stage cheering on the dance group at the end of the show. Then they filmed a minute spot with Celine in the wings ending with someone giving Celine her white robe and walking off with her. Exciting! Now about the DVD. Not until sometime after the show has ended is the plan. Why I asked? Because they are going to film the last show and some special things they have planned. This is good news and bad news depending on how you look at it. But, those are the hard, cold, facts. Not too hard to live with. It will make the DVD even more memorable. I will be writing a review shortly and posting it in the show section. So look for it soon. Quote
Scully Dion Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM (edited) Good work finding this out! They were STILL filming?? Hmmm... Interesting.... I had a feeling the DVD wouldn't be made until after the show... no surprises there, eh? Edited January 28, 2007 at 07:52 PM by Scully Dion Quote www.celinelasvegas.comCeline Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas
Tal Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM I knew it. I knew they wouldn't release the DVD without including the final show in it. Thanks for posting the update. Honestly, I'm fine with it because I'd much rather have a really full and complete DVD. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Céline's Blues Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 07:51 PM Well, thanks for the news, keny! I still hope for a truely regular show - the final show would be cool as the addition for the BD release. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Tal Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:03 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:03 PM i think the final would fit in nicely in the 'special events' section of the dvd that we specified in the wishlist...along with opening night, tsunami benefit, 500th show, etc. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Céline's Blues Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM i think the final would fit in nicely in the 'special events' section of the dvd that we specified in the wishlist...along with opening night, tsunami benefit, 500th show, etc.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>But Tal, to accomodate all our wishes they would have to release at LEAST s 5 DVD edition of the concert. I wouldn't mind that but the price would be huge - yet with a BD they would nicely put them all on two discs. Without much hassle you could switch from the regular show to the final one. I truly do hope they make the release SPECIAL, very special. And it deserves the BD treatment. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Koolan Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM filming without the real fans there confused as to why they did this. Did they film this entire week or just Friday? Thanks for the great find, keny! BD 1080p24 Shall I merge this thread with the existing one? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
pepillo90 Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:07 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:07 PM well... if they will inclued something about the last show, it's normal Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Céline's Blues Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:11 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:11 PM Shall I merge this thread with the existing one? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the other one is getting a bit long and ppl still think the DVD will be out in the fall. It's better to keep this one open with the first post informing about the postponed release. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Ted Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:12 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:12 PM I would welcome the last show being included. Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Shaun Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:13 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:13 PM It makes sense for the DVD to be released upon completion of the show. Not overly fussed about this. We know it's coming. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
René 2 Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:14 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:14 PM very bad news for me. I'd love the DVD to be released in Fall... Quote
Koolan Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:18 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:18 PM I wonder if they decided to postpone the release before or after the tapings.. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Mozinha Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM I trust them. I rather have the DVD coming next year and very complete than a DVD rushed to be released soon. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Shaun Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM We never had any concrete information regarding a release date in the first place did we? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Céline's Blues Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:20 PM I wonder if they decided to postpone the release before or after the tapings.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps they listened to some feedback of ours? I mean some ppl suggested to indeed include the FINAL sow into the full set. In my opinion it would be a mistake to postpone the release only for one or two songs. They now HAVE to include on one BD: - the bland DVD- the regular January show- the final show Or else there can't be any excuse for the delay. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Elaine Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:24 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:24 PM Good news for me... At least they'll put something about the last show as well.. And if I'm there I'm gonna be part of it too, even if I'm seeing from a great distance... Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Shaun Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:26 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:26 PM I wonder if they decided to postpone the release before or after the tapings.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps they listened to some feedback of ours? I mean some ppl suggested to indeed include the FINAL sow into the full set. In my opinion it would be a mistake to postpone the release only for one or two songs. They now HAVE to include on one BD: - the bland DVD- the regular January show- the final show Or else there can't be any excuse for the delay.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Unless it's another part of the huge "rip off the fans" conspiracy along with the "let's raise ticket prices for the final shows" plan Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
amelie Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:26 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:26 PM i don't care much if the last show is included tbh...but i certainly want it to be a complete project.i wanna be able to see all the songs performed in the show with angles to choose, supreme audio and video quality and maybe their own mix of angles and stuff to present the show the way THEY think best in one playback..anything from there is welcome.1 more year of waiting, gosh Quote
Koolan Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:27 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:27 PM I wonder if they decided to postpone the release before or after the tapings.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps they listened to some feedback of ours? I mean some ppl suggested to indeed include the FINAL sow into the full set. In my opinion it would be a mistake to postpone the release only for one or two songs. They now HAVE to include on one BD: - the bland DVD- the regular January show- the final show Or else there can't be any excuse for the delay.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> ...which reminded me, after one of the shows, I over heard an usher saying there may be an additional song to be included in the show later this year. I think perhaps there may even be new costumes in addition to new song(s) (many articles mentioned changes in 2007). So, if they were to film the last show, they could have both new costumes/songs plus the finale thus killing 2 birds witih one stone That's the way I see it. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Tal Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:50 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:50 PM I wonder if they decided to postpone the release before or after the tapings.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Its the wishlist!! At least thats what I'm going to think it is, lol. They're just all dying to fulfill all of our wishes and that will take some time. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
binsk Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:55 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 08:55 PM that's exciting that they're filming the last show...if this is the case, i'm ok with that but how do u know this info?...whats ur source? Quote -RK
keny Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:15 PM Author Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:15 PM I only went to Friday nights show. I don't know about last night (Saturday) or tonight (Sunday), or even last Thursday. My guess is they were pickup shots, maybe they went over the daily's and somethings were not the best so they did a reshoot? filming without the real fans there confused as to why they did this. Did they film this entire week or just Friday? Thanks for the great find, keny! BD 1080p24 Shall I merge this thread with the existing one? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Quote
smw Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:17 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:17 PM I was expecting it to come out in late summer. I figured they would want to give people a chance to see it on DVD and be like "well, hell. Maybe I should go to this thing." But I guess it really doesn't matter too much. I want it to be the best DVD they can put out...and if it will include footage from that last show, then I'm all for it! ...But it will be a LONG wait. But at least we'll have a couple of CDs to hold us over! Quote
anna Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:23 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:23 PM It's not a rather 'sad A New Day' for me...I think its wonderful for the postponement...I say the more the wait the better the DVD...its going to be huge and should be total media saturation... Quote
stevethefan Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:25 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:25 PM Thanks for the news. I knew that they would probably record the last show, so I'm not that surprised about that. Personally I don't think they will include the entire last show in on the DVD although that would be great. My guess is that they will just show highlights from the final show, especially speeches and stuff like that. I really want them to include the last show in the DVD even though this will delay it even longer. I'm also not too surprised that they were filming this weekend. After filming last weekend they probably looked at the footage and decided they needed a few extra things filmed or certain songs redone. In some of the reviews for last weekend's taping people mentioned that on one of the last tapings Rene came out and mentioned that they had to refilm the audience because the lighting had not been correct (although you think they would have figured out before taping that week). I guess we all have to be patient but it sounds like 2008. Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:31 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:31 PM Hey guys...well this kinda sucks. I mean the official press release a few weeks ago..to the media as well said that the show was being filmed..and i quote...SOON TO BE RELEASED DVD and TV SPECIAL. I really understand them wanting to film the last show, but they could easily stick to their plans ateast ONCE. First they release the cd and there is an announcement that the DVD will follow shortly after in the fall. Then they postpone..and postpone. Finally they announce a new week of refilming for the new DVD. They say there are plans to release the old DVD along with the new one being filmed Jan17-21. Then they release the above press release saying soon to be released tv special and dvd. NOW they have postponed the "soon to be released" DVD until AFTER the final show almost a YEAR away. Awesome that we may get the final show on DVD too..but please stick to what you say. Maybe I am more annoyed than others about the postponing and change of decisions all the time. Again dont get me wrong..great news they want to film another show..and I guess that means we will get all three filmings(we better! lol) Lets hope they actually follow through with what they say. Quote
CSCfan Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:33 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:33 PM Yes, they already planned to also shoot stuff this week.. They indeed did some pick-up shots, but they mainly shot backstage things this week (including at Celine's home). Though....I still think the DVD will be out at the end of the year (they've also said that last week). They may indeed be shooting the last show, or stuff from it.. but that could be released on perhaps a special edition of the DVD/Blu-Ray next year (we know Sony likes milking) OR it could be just for TV (a special). Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Tal Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:35 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:35 PM I guess they had to reshoot RDMH because of the techinical glitch. But I would LOVE if they had that mistake as an easter egg on the dvd so we can see the Dutchies and Co singing along. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Salla Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:40 PM Posted January 28, 2007 at 09:40 PM I guess they had to reshoot RDMH because of the techinical glitch. But I would LOVE if they had that mistake as an easter egg on the dvd so we can see the Dutchies and Co singing along.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> LOL it would be fun to see all of our faces when the sound went off. I know I was like "WTF!?" for like a second and then just started singing with everyone. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.