VinnyT. Posted January 12, 2007 at 05:26 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 05:26 PM I knew it was too good to be true. Screw Céline I ain't buiyng the dam album! Seriously, how does isurrender know about this supposedly FAKE letter? It has been written and it's ALL OVE RTHE WEB for it shows off the famous play with French words! Show me another letter that would be canned as "famous" in the article! And where did you get the info about the farewell letter? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree with siur. The only letter "spread" on the web that can be called "famous" is this very one. It's not fake, just search on the web! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
isurrender Posted January 12, 2007 at 05:58 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 05:58 PM I knew it was too good to be true. Screw Céline I ain't buiyng the dam album! Seriously, how does isurrender know about this supposedly FAKE letter? It has been written and it's ALL OVE RTHE WEB for it shows off the famous play with French words! Show me another letter that would be canned as "famous" in the article! And where did you get the info about the farewell letter? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree with siur. The only letter "spread" on the web that can be called "famous" is this very one. It's not fake, just search on the web!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> So everything that's on the web is true? It is mentioned on several websites that this letter is fake (check on wikipedia... ). I can only agree with you about the fact that this letter is "famous" but there's another word that you tend to skip " goodbye letter"... this one is all but a goodbye letter. Well, we'll see. Quote
René 2 Posted January 12, 2007 at 07:26 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 07:26 PM << Actually, I don't think this letter is Fake. BUT : I'm sure it will not be the one on the album. Sand wrote thousands of letters to Sand. I believe the letter which willb be sing (or have already been sang) is a "goodbye" letter, she sent to Musset in 1834. Quote
Teodora Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:39 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:39 PM I've reading a lot on the internet about it. The thing is nobody seems to know exactly if this is a fake letter atributed to Sand or a real Sand letter. But it's true, they did say Celine sings the goodbye letter. This one doesn't look like a goodbye letter Quote
VinnyT. Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:45 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:45 PM This is the goodbye letter: Pourquoi m'avez-vous réveillée, ô mon Dieu, quand je m'étendais avec résignation sur cette couche glacée? Pourquoi avez-vous fait repasser devant moi ce fantôme de mes nuits brûlantes? Ange de mort, amour funeste, ô mon destin, sous la figure d'un enfant blond et délicat! Oh! que je t'aime encore, assassin! Que tes baisers me brûlent donc vite et que je meure consumée! Tu jetteras mes cendres au vent, elles feront pousser des fleurs qui te réjouiront. Quel est ce feu qui dévore mes entrailles? Il semble qu'un volcan gronde au dedans de moi et que je vais éclater comme un cratère. O Dieu, prends donc pitié de cet être qui souffre tant! ... O mes yeux bleus, vous ne me regardez plus! Belle tête, je ne te verrai plus t'incliner sur moi et te voiler d'une douce langueur! Mon petit corps souple et chaud, vous ne vous étendrez plus sur moi, comme Élisée sur l'enfant mort, pour me ranimer. Vous ne me toucherez plus la main, comme Jésus à la fille de Jaïre, en disant: «Petite fille, lève-toi.» Adieu mes cheveux blonds! Adieu mes blanches épaules! Adieu tout ce que j'aimais, tout ce qui était à moi! J'embrasserai maintenant dans mes nuits ardentes le tronc des sapins et des rochers, dans les forêts, en criant votre nom; et quand j'aurai rêvé le plaisir, je tomberai évanouie sur la terre humide!http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13622/13622-h/13622-h.htm Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Céline's Blues Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:52 PM Author Posted January 12, 2007 at 08:52 PM No baiser? No mettre, Vinny? Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
AllCeline Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:02 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:02 PM After reading through the entire thread, I still don't think I understand what's going on. Is this a new song that's going to be on the album? With all the curses and everything? I don't understand... And what's all this about porn? I'm so confused! Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Mozinha Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:03 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:03 PM I'm still laughing like mad at the first lyric found. Really, I was laughing out loud imagining Céline saying those things and the look on René's face. It would be fun. This goodbye letter is so sad. Incredibly sad. I'm biased here lol because I hate goodbye songs (except for Immortality). It took me months to learn to enjoy "Ma Nouvelle France" but now I love it. I hope this one will eventually grow on me too. I'm so excited about this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
VinnyT. Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:37 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 09:37 PM No baiser? No mettre, Vinny? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, siur, Valentina is going to record it instead. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Céline's Blues Posted January 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM Author Posted January 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM No baiser? No mettre, Vinny? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, siur, Valentina is going to record it instead. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey, ragazzo gay Io lo so lotterai perche il cuore ce l’hai dentro di te c’è l’amooooooore!!!!!!!!! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Tal Posted January 12, 2007 at 10:17 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 10:17 PM translation s'il vous plait!! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Teodora Posted January 12, 2007 at 11:05 PM Posted January 12, 2007 at 11:05 PM I'm still laughing like mad at the first lyric found. Really, I was laughing out loud imagining Céline saying those things and the look on René's face. It would be fun. This goodbye letter is so sad. Incredibly sad. I'm biased here lol because I hate goodbye songs (except for Immortality). It took me months to learn to enjoy "Ma Nouvelle France" but now I love it. I hope this one will eventually grow on me too. I'm so excited about this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think Rene's reaction would be: Ok, baby, let's go! Quote
Céline's Blues Posted January 12, 2007 at 11:25 PM Author Posted January 12, 2007 at 11:25 PM Here the translation of the second letter, it's beautiful! Why did you wake me up, sir, oh my dear God, when I stretched out with acquiescence on this icy chill? Why did you let this phantom of my burning nights press infront of me? Angel of death, love of doom, oh my fate, upon the character of a blond fragile child! Oh! How much I love you, assassinator! May your kisses burn me quickly, may I quickly perish! You will then scatter my ashes against the wind, they will let flowers bloom to your pleasure. What is this fire that eats all my entrails up? It seems like a great Vulcan within me and I feel bulged like a crater. Oh God, take pity on this suffering existence! Oh my blue eyes, you shall not look at me again! Beautiful head, I shall not see you anymore pressed against me and mystified delicately, with listlessness! My mere warm body, you shall not distend upon me like Elisée upon a dead child, for reanimating me. You shall not touch the hand anymore like Jesus touched the girl from Jairesaying: “Stand up, little girl.” Adieu my blond hair! Adieu my pale shoulders! Adieu everything that I loved, that was mine! I shall kiss now in my smouldering nights trunks of fir and rock, in the woods crying out your name and when I would dream of pleasure I shall fall down aswoon onto the damp earth! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
xo1hrt4celineox Posted January 13, 2007 at 12:12 AM Posted January 13, 2007 at 12:12 AM HAHAA! Oh Siur, thanks for keeping this board interesting I love the people that actually take you serious on this, gives me a good laugh! ...Oh and this would be a hit for suuuuure Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
lauracd Posted January 13, 2007 at 05:11 PM Posted January 13, 2007 at 05:11 PM Yes, great lyrics indeed!And maybe it would be controversial enough to gain attention.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> If she really sings this letter it's sure that it will gain plenty of attention..... Quote
Elaine Posted February 19, 2007 at 02:38 PM Posted February 19, 2007 at 02:38 PM Here the translation of the second letter, it's beautiful! Why did you wake me up, sir, oh my dear God, when I stretched out with acquiescence on this icy chill? Why did you let this phantom of my burning nights press infront of me? Angel of death, love of doom, oh my fate, upon the character of a blond fragile child! Oh! How much I love you, assassinator! May your kisses burn me quickly, may I quickly perish! You will then scatter my ashes against the wind, they will let flowers bloom to your pleasure. What is this fire that eats all my entrails up? It seems like a great Vulcan within me and I feel bulged like a crater. Oh God, take pity on this suffering existence! Oh my blue eyes, you shall not look at me again! Beautiful head, I shall not see you anymore pressed against me and mystified delicately, with listlessness! My mere warm body, you shall not distend upon me like Elisée upon a dead child, for reanimating me. You shall not touch the hand anymore like Jesus touched the girl from Jairesaying: “Stand up, little girl.” Adieu my blond hair! Adieu my pale shoulders! Adieu everything that I loved, that was mine! I shall kiss now in my smouldering nights trunks of fir and rock, in the woods crying out your name and when I would dream of pleasure I shall fall down aswoon onto the damp earth!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I love this one!! so sad and so beautiful!!! Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Leda Posted February 19, 2007 at 07:03 PM Posted February 19, 2007 at 07:03 PM Guys, could you, please, explain me who is Georges Sand & Musset? Can you tell me the story in brief? Why do some people still think some erotic phrases or smth like that would be inappropriate for Celine? She's NOT that innocent at all! And that's good! Beautiful lyrics, IMAO! Quote http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4188/89491390on9.jpgIt isn't possible to express my attitude to you, CELINE... There's no suitable words in any language to describe what I feel for you...
nico robin Posted February 19, 2007 at 07:43 PM Posted February 19, 2007 at 07:43 PM I'm still laughing like mad at the first lyric found. Really, I was laughing out loud imagining Céline saying those things and the look on René's face. It would be fun. This goodbye letter is so sad. Incredibly sad. I'm biased here lol because I hate goodbye songs (except for Immortality). It took me months to learn to enjoy "Ma Nouvelle France" but now I love it. I hope this one will eventually grow on me too. I'm so excited about this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think Rene's reaction would be: Ok, baby, let's go! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> this is funny and i read the first lyrics it sounds interesting, and i'll love to hear Celine singing this but i still don't understand what's going on Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.