Jump to content

Where have you stayed in Vegas?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys,

 

I've got my show tickets and I've got my flights booked, now I'm looking at where to stay. I thought it might be a good idea for people who have stayed in Vegas to give their reviews of the place they stayed. It could be a good way of helping others find a place to collapse after all that shopping and sight-seeing! :)

 

So, when I went to Vegas in April I stayed at the Circus Circus in one of their manor rooms:

Cleanliness 9/10

Comfort 8/10

Service 7/10

Value for money 8/10

 

I have to say, as a place to sleep and recover from sight seeing, it was ideal, but not particularly luxurious. The location was not too bad as we used the deuce buses and could get to all the places we needed to from the stop right outside the hotel.

 

Now guys, feel free to rate your rooms! :D

Posted

When I went to Vegas at the begining of November, I stayed at the Imperial Palace. The rooms weren't much to speak of, but the price was FABULOUS for the location. Only a walk across the street to Caesars. I would probably stay there again, for that reason only. The rooms were average, and the elevators were ALWAYS kinda full, but it was totally worth it.

 

Cleanliness 7/10

Comfort 9/10

Service 6/10

Value for money 9/10

I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!

Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010

 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg

Posted

well i have stayed at the Westin 6 times and 1 time at mandalay bay . I have to say that the Westin is great ,very close to the strip, westin heavenly beds are awesome. Westin is westin and doesnt matter where you go all of them are nice enough for the price, the average price in las vegas is $200.00

 

Cleanliness 10/10

Comfort 10/10

Service 10/10

Value for money 10/10

Posted

I've stayed in Caesars, Stratosphere, Flamingos, Hilton, Howard Johnson Inn, America's Best Value Inn, and even Sin City Youth Hostel!

 

My absolute favourite of them all is Flamingos. The price is usually very reasonable, location is excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

www.celinelasvegas.com

Celine Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas

Posted

Luxor:

Cleanliness 9/10

Comfort 9/10

Service 9/10

Value for money 9/10

 

Flamingo:

Cleanliness 8/10

Comfort 7/10

Service 8/10

Value for money 8/10 (an "8" for its location)

 

Aladdin:

Cleanliness 9/10

Comfort 9/10

Service 8/10

Value for money 8/10

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

I've stayed at the following:-

 

Excalibur

Cleanliness: 7/10

Comfort: 7/10

Service: 8/10

Value for Money: 8/10

 

Also, it's a long way from Caesars, although there's always the Deuce bus

 

Caesars Palace

Cleanliness: 9/10

Comfort: 10/10

Service: 10/10

Value for Money: 8/10

 

The Mirage

Cleanliness: 9/10

Comfort: 10/10

Service: 10/10

Value for Money: 9/10

 

... and it's only next door to the Colosseum!

 

Friends have stayed at Flamingos and they say it's a good hotel. The breakfast buffet there is really good, but nothing can beat Café Lago (in my opinion) :D

Posted
What about Palace Station??? I have already book my room there...

Montreal August, 23, 2008 - Section FLRSUD, Row P, Seat 8

Montreal August, 31, 2008 - Section FLRSUD, Row N, Seat 30

Posted

I stayed at the Imperial, like Sarah said the location is awesome! :clap:

 

Cleanliness 6.5/10

Comfort 9/10

Service 8/10

Value for money 9/10

 

I'd stay there again. :thumbsup2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted

Hi Guys, I've stayed at the mgm grand and the flamingo so far...

 

MGM

Cleanliness 10/10

Comfort 8/10

Service 9/10

Value for money 9/10

 

Worst thing about the mgm, is the poolsides, they have a few pool areas, hot tubs etc, but no matter what time of the day, they are so overcrowded, and its such a long walk from you're room to the pool,lol...

The plus side was how nice the rooms were, the views, room service was amazing and fast, and the hotels and shops in this hotel were incredible. You can also see and have youre picture taken with the lions there!!

But apart from these small things I would def stay there again its an amazing hotel!!!

 

The Flamingo

Cleanliness 8/10

Comfort 8/10

Service 8/10

Value for money 9/10

 

Worst thing about the flamingo is the bathrooms in the rooms, they are so small, basic and not very clean or modern, the rest of the room was perfect, also the pool area andone come walk around the pool area or use the pool area whether they are staying at the hotel or not, which i found wasn't very private or professional, the mgm have security and they only let you to the pool area if you have ur room key...

The plus side was its so close the colosseum (right across the street) and it has penguins and flamingos by the pool area.

 

I'm going back in March, and we are staying at southpoint hotel... :)

Posted
Hi Guys,

 

I've got my show tickets and I've got my flights booked, now I'm looking at where to stay. I thought it might be a good idea for people who have stayed in Vegas to give their reviews of the place they stayed. It could be a good way of helping others find a place to collapse after all that shopping and sight-seeing! :)

 

So, when I went to Vegas in April I stayed at the Circus Circus in one of their manor rooms:

Cleanliness          9/10

Comfort              8/10

Service              7/10

Value for money  8/10

 

I have to say, as a place to sleep and recover from sight seeing, it was ideal, but not particularly luxurious. The location was not too bad as we used the deuce buses and could get to all the places we needed to from the stop right outside the hotel.

 

Now guys, feel free to rate your rooms!  :D

I also stayed at Circus Circus. It was OK, no luxury, but just fine for me. By the way, I don't think I've ever seen so many kids as I've seen at Circus Circus :lmao: Celine would go crazy in there, as much as she loves children :lmao: But if I ever get to go to Vegas again, I will choose Caesar's Palace. The prices were just a little higher than Circus Circus (I'm talking about the cheapest rooms). Overall, I think I'll give Circus Circus an 7.50 - 8 :)).

Posted

Stay off the strip. Everything is much cheaper, food and lodging.

 

Try Terrible's Hotel & Casino Very nice place (not the Ritz Carlton) for the average working person. Rates very of course. When I was there in August with a family of four, one night was about $65. It's about 5 minutes from Caesar's Palace (Flamingo and Paradise) and little traffic cause you are only driving on the strip for about a minute when you turn right off Flamingo onto LVBLVD.

 

http://www.terribleherbst.com/casinos/lasvegas/

 

The restaurant is to die for. Gourmet food like a gigantic prime rib dinner for $6.95. Can't be beat! I am gonna stay there again in January when I return.

 

Try it, you'll like it. :)

Posted
But Circus Circus was like $40 something...and it's on the Strip. I actually think lodging in so cheap in Vegas, except maybe the 5-star hotels. In Romania, even in the smallest towns, I'd pay at least double of what I paid in Vegas...It's crazy!
Posted

I stayed at the Paris Hotel when I went this past May. It was BEAUTIFUL! Inside really looks like France and the restaurants and shops are great too. I will definitely stay there again :) Here are my ratings:

Cleanliness 10/10

Comfort 9/10

Service 9/10

Value for money 10/10

 

I`m going on Friday actually the ONE time Celine isn`t playing :( and I`m staying at the MGM Grand. I`ll let you know how it is!

Music Is Life...Live It

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
i went to vegas in July and i stayed at the Flamingo, it is really nice. and in the middle of everything, and also right across the street from ceasers palace
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/4EverAFanOfPaula/Celine%20Dion/sign41.jpg
Posted
I stayed at the Circus Circus too, it's great value for money, the room was spacious and clean and the shops and restaurants were good. I liked the kiddish feel, I love circus stuff and the acts were pretty good. The only thing is it's quite far up the strip but like you say you can always get the bus and if you walk you see all the other hotels on the way, walking's never boring in Sin City! I loved getting close to Caesar's Palace and seeing Celine's massive sign, and would get really excited if a clip of the show came on :shy:
LIFE BEGINS WITH LOVE
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
This time (Friday, January 26, 2007) we stayed at the Sahara. Very nice older hotel on the strip, made reservations on Vegas.com the night before we left. $49 for Thursday night and $79 Friday night. Not bad. :D :bye1:
Posted

The last time I was in LV I stayed at the Sahara which is at the end of the strip near the Stratosphere and Circus Circus.

 

Ratings:

 

Cleanliness 7/10

Comfort 7/10

Service 8/10

Value for 10/10

Money

 

This hotel is one of the last original hotels on the strip. The rooms are ok but in need of

some renovations and basic updates. I think one of the towers has more expensive renovated rooms but the best part of this hotel is PRICE. You can usually get a great deal on rooms. I've seen them as cheap as $39 a night at certain times of the year. So you can be near the strip for prices of hotels farther away from everything. It's a long walk to Caesar's, but you can use the cheap trolley service to get there or the newer monrail that takes you to the back of the Flamingo hotel which is right across the street from the colosseum. B)

Posted

FLAMINGO

 

Oh further to my earlier post, stay at Flamingo!! They have new rooms now called "Go Deluxe"/"Go Luxury". If you want to spend a little bit extra, but not as much as at Caesars, I STRONGLY recommed staying there. Those rooms are amazing, better than any standard room Caesars have, although not as big... 42" plasma TV screen, DVD/CD player with iPod connection, electric curtains, a TV in the bathroom and chic modern interior design. Ohhh those beds were soooo comfy! Then, the view - I had the most amazing view of the Bellagio fountains. Average price is around $200 if you book early.

 

I give that hotel and those particular rooms 10 out of 10!!!

www.celinelasvegas.com

Celine Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas

Posted

I've been to Vegas many times and have stayed at different hotels and they've all been great. I think my fav is probably the Flamingo because of the location, the rooms are big and clean, it's easy to get around, & they have one of the best pool areas on the strip, plus the rates are usually good. Although the last 2 years or so the hotel rates have skyrocketed, esp Friday & Saturday nights.

 

i've also stayed at the MGM, NYNY, Monte Carlo, Ballys, Paris, but never Caesars. I'm going in March and will be staying at the Aladdin, then in December I'm staying off strip at the Alexis Park Resort which is 2 blocks off the strip near the Hard Rock Hotel. The rates for a suite is only $72 a night!!! I need to save $$s on the hotel cause I'm shooting for the better seats on 12/15. :P

~J O E Y~
Posted
I've been to Vegas many times and have stayed at different hotels and they've all been great.  I think my fav is probably the Flamingo  because of the location, the rooms are big and clean, it's easy to get around, & they have one of the best pool areas on the strip, plus the rates are usually good.  Although the last 2 years or so the hotel rates have skyrocketed, esp Friday & Saturday nights.

 

i've also stayed at the MGM, NYNY, Monte Carlo, Ballys, Paris, but never Caesars.  I'm going in March and will be staying at the Aladdin, then in December I'm staying off strip at the Alexis Park Resort which is 2 blocks off the strip near the Hard Rock Hotel.  The rates for a suite is only $72 a night!!!  I need to save $$s on the hotel cause I'm shooting for the better seats on 12/15.  :P

 

That Alexis Park Resort sounds like a good deal. The Flamingo does seem to be a pretty good deal, especially for the location. I was checking rates for December and they weren't too bad. All of the hotel rates go up on the weekend, which is understandable. I'd love to stay at Caesars, but it's pretty expensive. B)

Posted
FLAMINGO

 

Oh further to my  earlier post, stay at Flamingo!! They have new rooms now called "Go Deluxe"/"Go Luxury". If you want to spend a little bit extra, but not as much as at Caesars, I STRONGLY recommed staying there. Those rooms are amazing, better than any standard room Caesars have, although not as big... 42" plasma TV screen, DVD/CD player with iPod connection, electric curtains, a TV in the bathroom and chic modern interior design. Ohhh those beds were soooo comfy! Then, the view - I had the most amazing view of the Bellagio fountains. Average price is around $200 if you book early.

 

I give that hotel and those particular rooms 10 out of 10!!!

 

Holy crap. I just looked up those newly-designed rooms and they are GORGEOUS! I think I might be staying there now.

Posted

Where are people making their hotel reservations for Dec?

 

I am torn between Caesar's and Flamingo. Of course, Caesar's is my #1 choice, but rather expensive. There is about a $400 difference.

 

Thanks

"That which you manifest is before you"

Posted

Mirage: nice, basic room. nothing too exciting. not particularly impressed for my $$ (but I didn't pay!)

 

Bally's: fabulous room with a view of the bellagio fountains, great location, great prices.

 

Gold Coast: Off strip next to rio. great for budget, there is a shuttle that drops you off right in front of the imperal palace, I think it runs every 15 minutes.

 

Stratosphere: don't stay unless you get an upgraded room. they were nice. it's way far away down the strip though, and not necessarily safe to walk alone at night (although I did once, I wouldn't again)

 

Treasure Island: room was nicer & cheaper than Mirage, good location, great service.

 

Wynn: I only stayed there one night, but the rooms & service were fabulous but I wouldn't pay the $250 a night or something for just that. if you can get a deal, go for it :D

Posted
Where are people making their hotel reservations for Dec?

 

I am torn between Caesar's and Flamingo.  Of course,  Caesar's is my #1 choice, but rather expensive.  There is about a $400 difference.

 

Thanks

 

Those are the two I am deciding between!! I am thinking Flamingo, because I am planning on staying at Caesar's this summer.

Posted
For my first time in Vegas in 2004 I stayed in Caesars (GORGEOUS!! :w00t: ) nd last October I stayed in Montecarlo (very nice!!) and Flamingo (I little bit upset for the old rooms and facilities but very good for the location, just in front of Caesars) :flowers:

"Ce n'est pas un hasard si nos regards se croisent et si ma voix vous touche...vous et moi en s'est choisis!"

Céline Dion

 

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4035/marcolasvegas074ni3.jpg

Posted
I`m going to Flamingo for 8 night and 9 days though I`m staying in the standard room has anyone ever been in the standard room at Flamingo is it good?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/MTS_Fan_23/10092682.jpg

________~xox~A New Day~xox~___________

Posted
I have stayed at Treasure Island many times and it is definitely the best room! It is a nice sized room/bathroom....it's not amazing luxury, but it's clean and it's all you need....how long are you actually in the room anyways? Really quick location....take the tram to the mirage and then your right next door to Caesar's!!! If you book enough in advance you can get 109 a night and it is deffffff worth it! Very nice!
Posted
I`m going to Flamingo for 8 night and 9 days though I`m staying in the standard room has anyone ever been in the standard room at Flamingo is it good?

 

It's nothing special..pretty standard..:)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

Ritz Carlton Lake Las Vegas - Stunning! It feels like you're in Tuscany. But its far from the strip. There are shuttles that take you to and from the Bellagio, but its still a 30 minute trek each way. Still, theres nothing like the service you get there.

 

Paris - Nice, clean, great location, small but good casino.

 

New Frontier - Cow shat bathroom...thats all I gotta say about that.

 

Caesars Palace - At first we were in a standard room which was....standard. Really nothing nice about it and our view was a wall. It was a shitty room. But the room next door had a pipe burst and they had to move us, so we moved to a room in the Palace Tower. Holy crap that room was amazing! Modern, brand new everything, huge bathroom, hot tub, marble everything and the beds were SO comfortable. But that just happened by chance...normally those rooms can be pretty pricey. Otherwise, Caesars is Caesars and the convience factor of not having to trek around that much in high heels on the way to the Colosseum is well worth it. Plus having the Forum Shops right there is pretty nice too!

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...