smw Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:17 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:17 PM As I listen to the amazing Christmas CD...I notice that a couple of songs fall flat(compared to the others).....Adeste Fideles is one of those. I just think Celine really could have blown this one away, and she didn't. I usually skip it, because it just isn't up to par. Anyone else think it's not quite as great as the others? Or maybe my expectations are too high. Nah, that isn't it! It's Celine Dion! Quote
OnlyCeline Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:21 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:21 PM Well...2 be honest... I Don't really like the arrangement of the song... I Don't like her vocal there... She sounded so nasal! Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
CSCfan Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:24 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:24 PM It's okay.. there's a part that I like and a part that I don't.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
mattia Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:30 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 09:30 PM well it's definetely not my favourite on the album, i like the way she sang it but it's a bit boring after all.. Quote
smw Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:23 PM Author Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:23 PM It's okay.. there's a part that I like and a part that I don't..<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah, I'm the same way. There are pretty parts, but overall...it just isn't that great. Quote
LVCeline Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:27 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:27 PM This is one of the songs I don't play on the cd. First of all, the arrangement of the song is awful. It sounds just like a church hymn, which I really don't want to hear. Second, the damn instrumental break in the song is too long. I don't like the choir, either. That said, I do like Celine's vocals I just wish the song had better arrangement. Quote
sayyed Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:33 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:33 PM I love the song! It's a very cold-church-feeling in it IMO... that makes me kind of like it! Quote https://soundcloud.com/finnremixes
Céline's Blues Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:34 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 10:34 PM The best song on the album. A weak album but still AMAZING song. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
smw Posted November 22, 2006 at 11:06 PM Author Posted November 22, 2006 at 11:06 PM The best song on the album. A weak album but still AMAZING song. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Well I'm glad it made someone happy. Quote
SlovakClark Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:24 AM Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:24 AM The best song on the album. A weak album but still AMAZING song. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think that this song is one of the best on this album too. i love it Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
newyorksnl15 Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:45 AM Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:45 AM i agree, def. not a favorite song off her Christmas album Quote
Mozinha Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:00 AM Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:00 AM I don't see anything wrong with it. Great song, just as the others. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Celine_2533 Posted November 23, 2006 at 11:01 AM Posted November 23, 2006 at 11:01 AM I love this song.The powerful voice and last long-note.pretty cool! Quote http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/title156/Sig2013.jpg
WendyB Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:45 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 12:45 PM This, and O Holy Night, are my absolute favourites off this CD Quote
Guest Reuben Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:06 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:06 PM isnt the way Celine sings it the traditional/the way everyone else sings this song?I think Celine does a good job on this song acctually Quote
krazy_kool_dude Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:39 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 01:39 PM it's one of my faves on the album actually. Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Michel xx... Posted November 23, 2006 at 03:18 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 03:18 PM I'm sorry to dissapoint you all, but it's one of my favorite albums and I cannot find anything negative to say about the songs on it... I just love it Quote Fly Beyond Imagining...
leenylover Posted November 23, 2006 at 06:34 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 06:34 PM I actually love this song, its probably is one of my favourites off the album. That's strange for me as I'm not religious at all, but there is something quite moving at the end when she sings with all her might "Christ the Lord!" Churches are very atmospheric places especially at this time of year with the Celebrations and the dark nights. I can imagine this song being performed during an night-time ceremony with candle lights, gives me shivers just thinking about it! The arrangement would be perfect in that scenario and that is just what I imagine when I listen to that song. I have similar feelings for Oh Holy Night. Love Lisaxxx Quote My List of Celine Dion stuff, PM me to trade!
smw Posted November 23, 2006 at 07:32 PM Author Posted November 23, 2006 at 07:32 PM O Holy Night is absolutley moving and phenomenal. It's very well crafted and it never fails to touch my soul---"sweet hymns of joy" "noel", just all of it! But this song just wasn't executed as well. It's also placed on the album in a spot where it's not a showcase...just kind of fades away. But I really am happy to see that other people like this song! I was curious. Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted November 23, 2006 at 08:02 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 08:02 PM (edited) I adore the album and I think the song is great. It's Celine with a church's choir... Beautiful Edited November 23, 2006 at 08:03 PM by Bruno Portugal Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
maxceline Posted November 23, 2006 at 08:22 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 08:22 PM i think that she s so into this song... and the choir is fantastic !! great album and great song for Xmas! Quote -11th/12th November 2004 Las Vegas Caesar's Palace!! First ROW!!-6th May 2008 London O2 Arena,-19th & 20th May 2008 Paris Bercy-2nd June 2008 Amsterdam Arena-14th June 2008 Frankfurt Commerzbank-3rd July 2008 Milan Datch Forum-5th July 2008 Nice Stade Nikaia
xo1hrt4celineox Posted November 23, 2006 at 11:37 PM Posted November 23, 2006 at 11:37 PM omygosh! I absolutely LOOOOVE this song!!! I think the choir adds so much to it, the way her voice glides from sipmle to powerful It's wonderful! Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
Celinesongs Posted November 24, 2006 at 09:18 PM Posted November 24, 2006 at 09:18 PM The best song on this albumn by far is Ave Maria!!! I listen to it all year long Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
smw Posted November 24, 2006 at 09:25 PM Author Posted November 24, 2006 at 09:25 PM I agree that Ave Maria is one of the stronger tracks on the album. It starts out beautifully, then has a couple of less impressive moments..but overall, comes across very well. I love it. I love the original songs for this album. I am usually not very accepting of "new" Christmas songs, but these are great. That's what Celine is best at--her own, original recordings. I also love Blue Christmas. Quote
dj_Tom Posted November 25, 2006 at 10:42 AM Posted November 25, 2006 at 10:42 AM The best song on the album. A weak album but still AMAZING song. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Well I'm glad it made someone happy. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> for me too... I love this song and his "long" interlude!!! this song is beautiful and all the cd is equilibrated. Quote 19 et 24 mai à Bercy...Merci pour ces merveilleux moments,je ne les oublierai jamais,je les garderai dans mon coeur...POUR TOUJOURS
ajguerras Posted November 25, 2006 at 03:05 PM Posted November 25, 2006 at 03:05 PM This song is a Curch hymn!!! So I think Celine wanted to respect it´s essence , Wonderfull voice , chorus and arrangement, Very similar to the original but improved!!!! Please understand that it was the original arrangement with a few work added... Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
Macaronie Posted November 25, 2006 at 04:13 PM Posted November 25, 2006 at 04:13 PM (edited) It's okay.. there's a part that I like and a part that I don't..<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah, I'm the same way. There are pretty parts, but overall...it just isn't that great. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So to hear Celine scream like an elephant in every song is what u want? now thát's boring! this song shows she can sing normally (without belts) too. Like Blue Christmas and Another Year Has Gone By too. I like them alot. Edited November 25, 2006 at 04:14 PM by Jeroen Quote
JP Posted November 25, 2006 at 10:39 PM Posted November 25, 2006 at 10:39 PM It's one of my favorite song of the album too.. Definitly in my Top 5 I so much love the debut, acapella.. Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
smw Posted November 26, 2006 at 02:26 AM Author Posted November 26, 2006 at 02:26 AM It's okay.. there's a part that I like and a part that I don't..<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah, I'm the same way. There are pretty parts, but overall...it just isn't that great. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So to hear Celine scream like an elephant in every song is what u want? now thát's boring! this song shows she can sing normally (without belts) too. Like Blue Christmas and Another Year Has Gone By too. I like them alot.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> You think Celine sings like an elephant at points on this album? I like very simple songs such as Blue Christmas and Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewlidered more than any other Celine song. This song just does nothing for me, personally...and I wanted people's honest opinions on this song. It's so nasal and not impressive to me. Quote
Koolan Posted December 9, 2006 at 04:17 AM Posted December 9, 2006 at 04:17 AM I actually really like this song. She doesn't sound that nasal Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.