Kyle_Jared Posted November 3, 2006 at 09:31 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 09:31 PM Remember when Mariah's label did the whole "Return of the Voice"...et all that bull s***.. What should Celines promotional team hail her as her English Album surfaces? I'm still kinda rackin' my brains as to where to begin...give me time, LOL Quote
Céline's Blues Posted November 3, 2006 at 09:55 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 09:55 PM (edited) It's easier than you think: - Late January2008 single release to radios- Early Februarydigital release to make to chart on Billboard Hot 100- In the course of February: Promotional interviews on Extra and All Access- February : music video recording with Greg Masuak and its premiere later the month- Feb: Interviews and photo sessions in magazines, Billboard, Vogue, In Touch etc- March: CBS special from Theatre de Montreal introducing her news songs- March 25th: Oprah + worldwide premiere- March 26th: Release party in Berlin, 2-week promo tour in Europe (Italy, France, Spain etc.)- April: VH1 Save The Music concert But she will need a killer 1st single. Really a killer single. I have doubts whether she will... Edited November 3, 2006 at 09:56 PM by siur Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
pepillo90 Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:18 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:18 PM It's easier than you think: - Late January2008 single release to radios- Early Februarydigital release to make to chart on Billboard Hot 100- In the course of February: Promotional interviews on Extra and All Access- February : music video recording with Greg Masuak and its premiere later the month- Feb: Interviews and photo sessions in magazines, Billboard, Vogue, In Touch etc- March: CBS special from Theatre de Montreal introducing her news songs- March 25th: Oprah + worldwide premiere- March 26th: Release party in Berlin, 2-week promo tour in Europe (Italy, France, Spain etc.)- April: VH1 Save The Music concert But she will need a killer 1st single. Really a killer single. I have doubts whether she will... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> you're so right, and Jay Leno performance Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
CSCfan Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:28 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:28 PM NO more 1st quarter releases. Céline is MUCH better than that. All the big artist release albums either in Spring or Fall. Jan/Feb(/March) is just a BIG nono. Celine can do so much better.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
VinnyT. Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:45 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:45 PM August 2007 = Céline in French promoting the French album, recording some stuff for her first English single(TOTP;CD UK....) ;September 2007 = Céline shooting the MV for her first English single;October 2007 = new English album release; appearances on Oprah, The View, Jay Leno, Ellen, Larry King, Regis & Kelly;November 2007 = American Music Awards, World Music Awards;December 2007 = some Christmas shows, like ABC's Christmas Parade, buzz for A New Day... ending;January 2008 = second English single, tour announcement;February 2008 = shooting the second single MV;March 2008 - August 2008 = tour + European promotional tour;September 2008 = third and final single + MV shooting. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
smw Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:47 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 10:47 PM I'm just wondering how Celine will feel. I hope she is energized and feels as though a whole new chapter of life begins for her after Vegas....but she very well may feel drained. I 100 percent agree that the single MUST have mass appeal, not just adult contemporary. If Madonna's still doing it, Celine can too! She needs an amazing video...just something that captures her beauty in a way never before seen, at least in a music video. The Oprah interview is ESSENTIAL. I have no doubt that the Oprah appearance alone will sell millions of records...and Oprah praises her so much and always dedicates a full hour. Other impt. shows are Jay Leno, Conan(for younger audiences), and Ellen. She should get on all the classy magazines and do beautiful photo spreads. And I hope she's just more herself in the promotion of this album.....more relaxed and not so "weird" as all of my friends call her. I can't wait for all of this!!!!! It really will be A New Day! Quote
CSCfan Posted November 3, 2006 at 11:09 PM Posted November 3, 2006 at 11:09 PM August 2007 = Céline in French promoting the French album, recording some stuff for her first English single(TOTP;CD UK....) ;September 2007 = Céline shooting the MV for her first English single;October 2007 = new English album release; appearances on Oprah, The View, Jay Leno, Ellen, Larry King, Regis & Kelly;November 2007 = American Music Awards, World Music Awards;December 2007 = some Christmas shows, like ABC's Christmas Parade, buzz for A New Day... ending;January 2008 = second English single, tour announcement;February 2008 = shooting the second single MV;March 2008 - August 2008 = tour + European promotional tour;September 2008 = third and final single + MV shooting.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> ITA! Except for one thing..the tour announcement. I have a pretty good feeling there will be a big press conference in December. About the end of A New Day, it will also include mentions of the English album, but even better: a tour announcement. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
celinefanonline Posted November 4, 2006 at 03:29 AM Posted November 4, 2006 at 03:29 AM but i think this time Celine will take the tour easy not as intense as last 2 world tour (FIY and LTAL) so i think she will do a few concerts in a place and then rest, visit the cities and things and then do another few and rest... so i believe this tour will take a long time!! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
CSCfan Posted November 4, 2006 at 08:17 AM Posted November 4, 2006 at 08:17 AM I don't think it will be a big tour. Just some (big stadiums in) big cities around North America & especially Europe. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Elaine Posted November 4, 2006 at 06:01 PM Posted November 4, 2006 at 06:01 PM but i think this time Celine will take the tour easy not as intense as last 2 world tour (FIY and LTAL) so i think she will do a few concerts in a place and then rest, visit the cities and things and then do another few and rest... so i believe this tour will take a long time!! I hope so!! About the promotion, I agree completely on the media programs and all!Of course she must have a killer 1st single, and FOR SURE she'll have it! After all she's the best in the world!!!And I don't think that having a clip where they show their beauty is something that's gonna help. By doing that she'd be compared to many other singers, and that's not what she needs! She needs people to appreciate her songs and her voice, as it always has been... Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
rodney2004 Posted November 5, 2006 at 07:12 AM Posted November 5, 2006 at 07:12 AM Intensive promotion: TV advertisements, big posters and billboards, Top of the Pops performance, CD UK, Oprah, Ellen, Jay Leno, David Lettermen, Radio and TV Interviews, and of course she needs to tour. Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
René 2 Posted November 5, 2006 at 09:03 AM Posted November 5, 2006 at 09:03 AM August 2007 = Céline in French promoting the French album, recording some stuff for her first English single(TOTP;CD UK....) ;September 2007 = Céline shooting the MV for her first English single;October 2007 = new English album release; appearances on Oprah, The View, Jay Leno, Ellen, Larry King, Regis & Kelly;November 2007 = American Music Awards, World Music Awards;December 2007 = some Christmas shows, like ABC's Christmas Parade, buzz for A New Day... ending;January 2008 = second English single, tour announcement;February 2008 = shooting the second single MV;March 2008 - August 2008 = tour + European promotional tour;September 2008 = third and final single + MV shooting.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> But Sept 08 it's a little too late. I think she'll come "on hollidays" before... Quote
CSCfan Posted November 5, 2006 at 09:27 AM Posted November 5, 2006 at 09:27 AM August 2007 = Céline in French promoting the French album, recording some stuff for her first English single(TOTP;CD UK....) ;September 2007 = Céline shooting the MV for her first English single;October 2007 = new English album release; appearances on Oprah, The View, Jay Leno, Ellen, Larry King, Regis & Kelly;November 2007 = American Music Awards, World Music Awards;December 2007 = some Christmas shows, like ABC's Christmas Parade, buzz for A New Day... ending;January 2008 = second English single, tour announcement;February 2008 = shooting the second single MV;March 2008 - August 2008 = tour + European promotional tour;September 2008 = third and final single + MV shooting.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> But Sept 08 it's a little too late. I think she'll come "on hollidays" before... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Too late for what? Sept '08 = final/third single.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
René 2 Posted November 5, 2006 at 10:59 AM Posted November 5, 2006 at 10:59 AM August 2007 = Céline in French promoting the French album, recording some stuff for her first English single(TOTP;CD UK....) ;September 2007 = Céline shooting the MV for her first English single;October 2007 = new English album release; appearances on Oprah, The View, Jay Leno, Ellen, Larry King, Regis & Kelly;November 2007 = American Music Awards, World Music Awards;December 2007 = some Christmas shows, like ABC's Christmas Parade, buzz for A New Day... ending;January 2008 = second English single, tour announcement;February 2008 = shooting the second single MV;March 2008 - August 2008 = tour + European promotional tour;September 2008 = third and final single + MV shooting.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> But Sept 08 it's a little too late. I think she'll come "on hollidays" before... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Too late for what? Sept '08 = final/third single.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Oh did you understand what I was saying? maybe I did not express myself well. I think that she will retire (.. well take a break) before Sept 08. I believe she'll take her break in Summer 08 and will come to her home in Florida for 2 years. Is it clear? Quote
ahmed Posted November 5, 2006 at 11:35 AM Posted November 5, 2006 at 11:35 AM i hope she will do at least 1 interview with arabic channel and braodcast it everywhere Quote
Ronny83 Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:24 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:24 PM But Sept 08 it's a little too late. I think she'll come "on hollidays" before... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Too late for what? Sept '08 = final/third single.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Oh did you understand what I was saying? maybe I did not express myself well. I think that she will retire (.. well take a break) before Sept 08. I believe she'll take her break in Summer 08 and will come to her home in Florida for 2 years. Is it clear? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She doesn't need to do anything on September 2008. SonyBMG will send the third and final single to the radio. She will just need to shoot MV, like she did when she retired in 1999 for Live, IWCT, TYLAM. I can't see your point, René2. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
René 2 Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:33 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:33 PM But Sept 08 it's a little too late. I think she'll come "on hollidays" before... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Too late for what? Sept '08 = final/third single.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Oh did you understand what I was saying? maybe I did not express myself well. I think that she will retire (.. well take a break) before Sept 08. I believe she'll take her break in Summer 08 and will come to her home in Florida for 2 years. Is it clear? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She doesn't need to do anything on September 2008. SonyBMG will send the third and final single to the radio. She will just need to shoot MV, like she did when she retired in 1999 for Live, IWCT, TYLAM. I can't see your point, René2. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I see, Renato. But can she announce she retires and release her MV at the same time? Well, maybe after all... Quote
Ronny83 Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:39 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 02:39 PM I see, Renato. But can she announce she retires and release her MV at the same time? Well, maybe after all... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She did it in 2000. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
firebird Posted November 5, 2006 at 03:14 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 03:14 PM just some ideas winter 2007 + spring 2008 :- album promotion on radio, tv- live presentation at San Remo festivalsummer 2008 :- live presentation at 400th anniversary of Quebec- live presentation at olympic games in Beijing- live presentation at Montreux jazz festivalfall 2008 : tour part I : Europe + Asiaspring 2009 : tour part II : North + South America Quote
René 2 Posted November 5, 2006 at 03:28 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 03:28 PM (edited) This is my suggestion : Fall 07 : End of A New Day. Celine flies to France to release and promote her new french album ( 1 month )Spring 07 : hollidays in Europe and return in US for new english album ( NY concert...) Summer 07 : come back to Paris and beginning of the european tour (Paris, London, Milano, Berlin, Madrid...) Automn 07 : Celine comes to Japan and Asia to make her sales explose. Winter 07 : Celine begins her 2 years break. Spring 09 : Celine opens the Festival de Cannes with her new movie and recieves an Oscar at LA. Edited November 5, 2006 at 03:31 PM by René 2 Quote
CSCfan Posted November 5, 2006 at 11:08 PM Posted November 5, 2006 at 11:08 PM This is my suggestion : Fall 07Spring 07Summer 07Automn 07 Winter 07<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
rodney2004 Posted November 6, 2006 at 11:31 AM Posted November 6, 2006 at 11:31 AM If only she will have a tour here in Asia I believe she will sell more than Madonna and Whoriah Scarey. Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
smw Posted November 6, 2006 at 05:47 PM Posted November 6, 2006 at 05:47 PM If only she will have a tour here in Asia I believe she will sell more than Madonna and Whoriah Scarey.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I didn't think that Mariah was selling that great...Madonna, on the other hand, is selling TONS. So I hope people embrace Celine again once she tours. Quote
rodney2004 Posted November 7, 2006 at 01:07 PM Posted November 7, 2006 at 01:07 PM If only she will have a tour here in Asia I believe she will sell more than Madonna and Whoriah Scarey.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I didn't think that Mariah was selling that great...Madonna, on the other hand, is selling TONS. So I hope people embrace Celine again once she tours. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I thought Madonna's latest album "Confessions on the Dancefloor" was a flop? Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
CSCfan Posted November 7, 2006 at 01:08 PM Posted November 7, 2006 at 01:08 PM Not at all.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
IL_DINO Posted November 7, 2006 at 08:34 PM Posted November 7, 2006 at 08:34 PM For me Sony and Celine are needing a big comeback on the international market after the L.V.-Isolation: big Promotion for the French and for the English Album (expensive but necessarily) The English Album for the Christmas-Market (Oct/Nov etc. 2007) - not early in 2008 Calling it "comeback after some years with one of the most succesfull shows ever....". Sonds good, or not? The English Album needs a filmsoundtrack (boring way to promote an album, but succesfull!) Some Power ballads for her 'old' fans like me - thats her originality and the kind of songs she is better than all other female singers (stop the trash pop, not because I hate these songs, but on this way she miss it to make the difference between her and all others...). Celine, please you have to screaming again in some songs!!! 1-2 innovative Duets with Partners representing new music-styles for Celine (Rock, Sacral Music, Blues etc.). Of cource singing in the biggest shows around the world: USA, Kanada, Europe, Asia (China!!!) etc. Showing some adaptions of her Las-Vegas-Show (Dancers, Show effects) Really good and innovative Music-Videos - like her french ones (Pour que tu m'aimes...) Singing the official European - Footballchampionchips-Song 2008 (singing on the opening ceremony in Switzerland; it would not be the first time, singing in/for Switzerland... Singing and talking about politics (she is so intelligent and may reach the hearts of a lot of very normal people like me...). And maybe not talking tooooo much about children... Sorry all children of this world, but for music business thats not the best....). And Celine don't say any word about dolls!!!!! And some surprises. Quote
rodney2004 Posted November 11, 2006 at 09:35 AM Posted November 11, 2006 at 09:35 AM ^ I like your idea but she cant release an album while she is still in Vegas. I would rather wait a long time to hav her new album so it will be promoted properly. Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
Céline's Blues Posted November 11, 2006 at 11:32 AM Posted November 11, 2006 at 11:32 AM Oh, and what she SHOULD do is to dress like hottness during all the promotion of her French and English albums! Nothing like she has done in the ANDHC era or the spare OH era. Something really classy but hot. <3 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
smw Posted November 11, 2006 at 05:51 PM Posted November 11, 2006 at 05:51 PM Yeah, I think she should wear something that grabs everyone's attention. Not because it's provocative, but because she just looks so STUNNING. That would get some people just to look at the back of the CD(where there should be another picture) and the track list. Then, more than likely, they'll buy the CD! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.