Jump to content

New Seven World Wonders


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

 

You have the power to choose the next SEVEN WONDERS OF OUR WORLD!

 

VOTE!: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php

 

Here are the 21 Semi-Finalists:

 

post-5220-1157584429_thumb.jpg

 

My choices would among these:

 

Great Wall of China

Angkor Wat

Easter Island

Pyramids of Giza

Colosseum, Rome

Machu Picchu

Taj Mahal

Christ Redeemer

Chichen Itza ....

 

VOTE!: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
Great Wall of China, no doubt about it. :clap: the old 7 wonders are not very interesting, cause most of them don't exist anymore.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

The Grand Canyon needs to be on the list, def. still one of seven world wonders. During sunrise and sunset, the colors are breathtaking-a camera can't do it justice,imo.

 

 

 

Unfortuantely the Twin Towers are gone. I would have added the Word Trade Center if it was still standing :cry:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted (edited)
Great Wall of China, no doubt about it.  :clap:  the old 7 wonders are not very interesting, cause most of them don't exist anymore.

 

Well, then, my Tops are great choices :P

 

The Grand Canyon needs to be on the list, def. still one of seven world wonders. During sunrise and sunset, the colors are breathtaking-a camera can't do it justice,imo.

 

 

 

Unfortuantely the Twin Towers are gone. I would have added the Word Trade Center if  it was still standing  :cry:

 

The Grand Canyon is not man-made.

 

BTW You can't add anything even if you wanted to, this a world voting poll, endorsed by the United Nations.

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
The Accroppolis is my pick...I saw it in person and its just breath taking

Music Is Life...Live It

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

Posted

You don't have to choose a top 1; you can select your top seven :)

 

do they select new wonders every x years or something? when was the last time? Great Wall is my top pick.

 

The amazing thing is the compilation of the list of the Seven Wonders of the World was organized by Philon of Byzantium in 200 B.C., which is what we currently have; known as the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World:

 

Great Pyramid of Giza

Hanging Gardens of Babylon

Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

Statue of Zeus at Olympia

Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassusearthquake

Colossus of Rhodes

Lighthouse of Alexandria

 

 

and through the years, different people and organizations have proposed different wonders of the world, such as natural world, medieval world, etc, but were never officially recognized.

 

BUT NOW... TWO THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED YEARS LATER...

 

The United Nations has endorsed a worldwide effort of selecting the NEW Seven World Wonders!

 

In 2005, people around the world sent in their nominations. At the end of 2005, 77 were rounded up as semi-finalists. Then, 21 finalists were chosen. That's what you see in the blue list in my first post. NOW, we hold the power to choose the New 7 Wonders of Our World. :)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
I know. That's why most of the old 7 wonders don't exist anymore, except Great Pyramid of Giza. And that's why most of them are from Euro and Middle East.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
I know. That's why most of the old 7 wonders don't exist anymore, except Great Pyramid of Giza. And that's why most of them are from Euro and Middle East.

 

What was that term...

 

Eurocentrism????

 

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
Same as China thought we're the center of the world before. And that's still our country name. :P

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

These are the ones I picked:

 

1. Acropolis

2. Colosseum

3. Easter Island Statues

4. Eiffel Tower

5. Great Wall

6. Pyramids of Giza

7. Stonehenge

 

I really wish the Alexandria Lighthouse were still in existance. Well, 100% intact that is.

 

Joe

Posted
Great Wall of China, no doubt about it. :clap: the old 7 wonders are not very interesting, cause most of them don't exist anymore.

 

Well, then, my Tops are great choices :P

 

The Grand Canyon needs to be on the list, def. still one of seven world wonders.

 

 

 

 

The Grand Canyon is not man-made.

 

 

 

 

I know the Grand Canyon isn't man- made. It would have taken quite a few shovels to make this big hole :P

 

It is one of the seven wonders, just named as one of the seven natural wonders. Google it and see for yourself :msn-wink:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted (edited)

That's not what this poll is on. :rolleyes: lol

 

You believe everything you read online? :mdr:

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted

I'd vote for the Easter Island Statues. They have something mysterious :)

Why are pyramids in the list, when they already have the pyramids of Gizeh in the list of the "old" world wonders?

Posted
I'd vote for the Easter Island Statues. They have something mysterious :)

Why are pyramids in the list, when they already have the pyramids of Gizeh in the list of the "old" world wonders?

cause it still exists. and the new 7 wonders would replace the olde ones.

 

There's no doubt the Great Wall would be one of the final 7 wonders.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Following candidates SUCK big time:

 

- the Eiffel Tower

- Statue of Liberty

- Sidney Opera House

- Stonehenge

- that Neuschweinstein castle

 

They are insane to include them. NONE of them are nearly as complex and culturelly driven as The Hanging Gardens or The Great Chinese Wall of Sainkho!

Edited by siur
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
cause it still exists. and the new 7 wonders would replace the olde ones.

That's a bad idea. They should keep the old ones in the old list and make a new list with totally new ones. I would also include more modern buildings like Golden Gate Bridge or the Sanxia dam, because they are very impressive too, and because they reflect the technological development of the world.

Posted
Following candidates SUCK big time:

 

- the Eiffel Tower

- Statue of Liberty

- Sidney Opera House

- Stonehenge

- that Neuschweinstein castle

 

They are insane to include them. NONE of them are nearly as complex and culturelly driven as The Hanging Gardens or The Great Chinese Wall of Sainkho!

Can't agree more.

 

That's a bad idea. They should keep the old ones in the old list and make a new list with totally new ones. I would also include more modern buildings like Golden Gate Bridge or the Sanxia dam, because they are very impressive too, and because they reflect the technological development of the world.

I think the idea is neat. cause I always feel the it's weird that 6 of the 7 wonders don't exist anymore.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
The redlight district in Holland isnt even mentioned!
Posted
That's not what this poll is on.  :rolleyes:  lol

 

You believe everything you read online? :mdr:

 

 

 

 

 

Your poll maybe on man-made wonders,but the Canyon is considered one of the seven wonders whether you believe it or not.

 

I don't want to fight about this issue. I am not naive and no, I don't believe everything I read online :whistling:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted (edited)
That's not what this poll is on.  :rolleyes:  lol

 

You believe everything you read online? :mdr:

 

 

 

 

 

Your poll maybe on man-made wonders,but the Canyon is considered one of the seven wonders whether you believe it or not.

 

I don't want to fight about this issue. I am not naive and no, I don't believe everything I read online :whistling:

 

I didn't deny anything and I'm not fighting with you. I just feel that you need to pay attention to details more. You're giving irrelevant input. You keep insisting about the Grand Canyon, when it was clear that EVERYTHING has already been decided by preliminary voting that was done in December. Yes, the Grand Canyon is a wonderful place, and has been called one of the Seven "Natural Wonders of Our World," but that's not what this topic is about. So, peace? :D LOL :giggle: :)

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
I didn't deny anything and I'm not fighting with you.  I just feel that you need to pay attention to details more. You're giving irrelevant input. You keep insisting about the Grand Canyon, when it was clear that EVERYTHING has already been decided by preliminary voting that was done in December. Yes, the Grand Canyon is a wonderful place, and has been called one of the Seven "Natural Wonders of Our World," but that's not what this topic is about. So, peace? :D LOL  :giggle: :)

 

 

Mea cupla and yes, peace :flowers:

post-789-0-85779200-1435722092_thumb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg

Posted

Do you know, I've been thinking about this the last couple of years, was going to make my own list up and then try to see them all. Its something that would take a great deal of thought, and what about all the places out there off the beaten track? Hmmm.....

 

but hey, thanks for the link! I will enjoy the read. :bye1:

www.celinelasvegas.com

Celine Dion and Las Vegas Travel Guide - follow me on twitter @celinelasvegas

Posted (edited)
Following candidates SUCK big time:

 

- the Eiffel Tower

- Statue of Liberty

- Sidney Opera House

- Stonehenge

- that Neuschweinstein castle

 

They are insane to include them. NONE of them are nearly as complex and culturelly driven as The Hanging Gardens or The Great Chinese Wall of Sainkho!

 

I agree with that list, except for Stonehenge. You're so underestimating the complexity of that site. It's still a mysterious place and definately still a great mystery.

Edited by CSCfan

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

My choices:

  • Acropolis
  • Colosseum
  • Easter Island Statues
  • Great Wall
  • Machu Picchu
  • Pyramids of Giza
  • Stonehenge

I was pretty much in doubt about the last one..in the end it was between the Colosseum & Chichen Itza. I went with the former..

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Following candidates SUCK big time:

 

- the Eiffel Tower

- Statue of Liberty

- Sidney Opera House

- Stonehenge

- that Neuschweinstein castle

 

They are insane to include them. NONE of them are nearly as complex and culturelly driven as The Hanging Gardens or The Great Chinese Wall of Sainkho!

 

I agree with that list, except for Stonehenge. You're so underestimating the complexity of that site. It's still a mysterious place and definately still a great mystery.

 

I agree, how the hell can you say that Stonehenge has nothing to do with culture when it was the centre of a whole system of beliefs!

 

The list isn't called wonders of the world for nothing. It is supposed to be a list of things that are awe inspiring and make people wonder how they where built or why. The Sydney Opera House (spelling please Suir, fgs!) I feel, has always been wildly overrated, and I have a feeling it was thrown in because the UN felt sorry for the worlds biggest island.

 

The Neuschwanstein Castle is amazing, and breathtakingly beautiful, the statue of Liberty defines democracy and is a simple of freedom for the western world, not a wall made to keep mongolians out!! How can anyone say the Eiffel Tower hasn't captured the imagination of millions of people since it was built? It is one of the most recognisable buildings of the modern era.

 

Frankly, I think that their should have been a date that things before which would be excluded....like the Great wall of China, isn't really a modern wonder, and the pyramids should have been excluded too, because they aren't the work of modern man, they are centuries old.

 

So no, I think everything bar the SOH deserves to be on the list. You can't rule things out because they weren't built by some great cutural power, or for a great cultural reason.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...