Jump to content

Testing fan reactions to jazzy sounds?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think is completely human that celine doesn't hit the high notes as she used to. However, I think she can hit them higher and clearer then all of her 90's peers. I don't know if you may have wonder this, but maybe when we listen to her singing my heart will go on, love con move muntains, because you loved me....and all of her classics, we may think her voice is not as powerful. I rather believe, she's sick of singing those songs, so obviously she's not so passionate at them anymore. Summertime was a prove that she could still hit the high notes whenever she wants to.

 

As she said, maybe she doesn't hit as high the notes, but she's defitenily singing better. More classy, stylish, and with more "acrobatics" than any other singer.

Posted
it's not a matter of what i want or what u want - most of the fanbase of celine love her the best when she is singing those powerful ballads . celine might experiment with jazz but i can promise u she wont do it for the next 25 years...she will always sing and record ballads because first of all SHE loves it .

Celine had experienced many styles of music in her career, not ballads only.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
it's not a matter of what i want or what u want - most of the fanbase of celine love her the best when she is singing those powerful ballads . celine might experiment with jazz but i can promise u she wont do it for the next 25 years...she will always sing and record ballads because first of all SHE loves it .

Celine had experienced many styles of music in her career, not ballads only.

Yes. And wants more than jazz. Yes, she has been talking about jazz for a long time but we all know and heard her plans and it doesn't stick to jazz only.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted

Well, all that jazz thing is like her 87'-90' period. Until 1987 sha had recored many french album and not an english one. She sang HAH @ Juno's, recorded 3 english duets and then she made a new second begining at her career, releasing a full english album , Unison.

 

Something similar is happening right now. Maybe we will have the 3rd begining of her career, a classy, powerful pop-jazz style. She is making some jazz appearances until we've got a jazz album.

 

But there are is one serious thing about that: almost all her fans, WE, would love to hear Celine in a jazz album, BUT will that happen with the rest of the world, the audience, the critics? Do you believe that Celine will have top10 hits again, or all that jazz stuff will sell less and less copies, till Celine's career will be worthless?

Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted
I was always on the border of a jazz album or not until she sang Summertime. After that I would love a full album of jazz songs. I do not know how the rest of the world would accept this. I think at this point Celine is going to have enough trouble getting the rest of the world to accept a pop album just because of her current image. Of course most of that is to blame on My Heart will Go On and her hiatus at the end of 1999, but other artists have had such or similar images and came back strong. I just don't know if a jazz album is a smart way to come back strong at this point....but maybe it is. I haven't heard Christina A's new album, but isn't it all jazz...and if so it seems to be doing good. So if it is only about sound and the album is promoted, maybe a jazz album would go over better than a pop album would right now. Celine sounds great singing jazz so why not!
Posted
i hate that duet with rene simard, one of the worst downloads ive ver downloaded!

 

u r so right :bye1:

 

 

 

What! Sorry guys but you're all crazy!! That song is the best...i mean just listen to her voice, there's so much emotion and command, like she knows what she's doing with her cords...it should've been on her albumn...

Posted

I agree with you, Anna.

"Quand on s'aime" is a wonderful song!!!!! Celine's voice sounds great and confident there, she's really "in charge" of the situation...I think it's a great work she's done with René Simard.

**How did you know that I would play the part?

I must have I made it clear right from the start**

Posted
If anyone can do it, it's Celine. Hell, if she could pull of "Treat Her Like A Lady", she might as well consider an Indian album.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
You are now contradicting yourself, gogo, by stating now that she still can.  :whistling: Anyhow this is not a thread about her voice. It's about how the recent steps of hers and René have been slowly but steadily shaped something that may just look like what she need long long ago - some artistic credibility and coherence in English.

 

i'm talking about 2001!! i'm NOT contradicting myself cause her voice has changed dramaticly since 2001 . and - i never said that she cant sing , obiviously she is a great singer i only said that her voice is not the same anymore.

Posted
You are now contradicting yourself, gogo, by stating now that she still can.  :whistling: Anyhow this is not a thread about her voice. It's about how the recent steps of hers and René have been slowly but steadily shaped something that may just look like what she need long long ago - some artistic credibility and coherence in English.

 

i'm talking about 2001!! i'm NOT contradicting myself cause her voice has changed dramaticly since 2001 . and - i never said that she cant sing , obiviously she is a great singer i only said that her voice is not the same anymore.

It has changed and thus adapted to a new singing style. OK, where's the problem? To sing jazzy songs you don't need these robotic notes.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
it's not a matter of what i want or what u want - most of the fanbase of celine love her the best when she is singing those powerful ballads . celine might experiment with jazz but i can promise u she wont do it for the next 25 years...she will always sing and record ballads because first of all SHE loves it .

 

Then I wonder why she told Jenna (in For Keeps) that she would love to do something OTHER than ballads, because she would LOVE to do something other than ballads...

Posted
it's not a matter of what i want or what u want - most of the fanbase of celine love her the best when she is singing those powerful ballads . celine might experiment with jazz but i can promise u she wont do it for the next 25 years...she will always sing and record ballads because first of all SHE loves it .

 

Then I wonder why she told Jenna (in For Keeps) that she would love to do something OTHER than ballads, because she would LOVE to do something other than ballads...

 

she never said she wants to stop recording ballads and she never will. she'll do other things - why not? but she LOVES those ballads and that's why she is singing it night after night in vegas eventho even i got tired of some of those songs.

i'm sure it will be refreshing for her to sing live songs like "i love u goodbye" or "ziggy" ...songs that were not big hits but her fans love very much and she loves those songs too .

i'm sure we'll get many more ballads in the future and ofcours other stuff too...just like she tried pop trash when releasing OH but she came back to the ballads with MIRACLE .

Posted

Come on guys!

A jazz album would be fantastic.Celine made pop, rock, operam, blues, folk almoust everything.(minus hiphop, heavy metal and house)

She needs some fresh work, a jazz album would be perfect.

And if that not`ll be no 1 on the charts, remember what Celine said.She is not singing to be no1 on the cahrts, she sings music because she like it.And I think, I know that she likes jazz(remember the french jazz melodies, Declaration of love, etc.)

She need some new style to rebirth not only power ballads, power ballads, blablabla.Ok she`s still needing ballads, but jazz has to slow music(Oops, here is, SUMMERTIME :clap: a wonderfull jazz-BALLAD)

I vote for this musical change.

I`m sure that Celine will do a jazz album:

1.She sang Summertime(jazz music)

2.She made a duet with Tony Bennett (jazz music to)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-...sionDate&n=5174

3.I hope that Celine will be there on the Tobaco jazz festival, which has jazzmusic to!!!!

So, I think that the album will be done, and it`s a good idea.We could see Celine singing something more, not only popmusic to.

Comments? :clap:

Posted

I would like to see if the rumour of a new jazz album for early 2007 would be true. I think we will se if it's true when we'll get to see Céline's Vegas schedule for April.

 

Céline goes to Tobago in April = new jazz album in March

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
I think it would be awsome for her to do a jazz album...her voice is perfect for it

Music Is Life...Live It

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

Posted
I have a feeling she won't be doing a full jazz album but she will do something in between. It would be too much of a radical change.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
Norah Jones put me to sleep everytime. I don't think I ever listened one of her songs until the end. BORING.

Not Céline. I've heard and loved her songs at Simplement Marnay, I loved Quand on s'aime, I absolutely ADORED Summertime. She brings a new life to jazz music. I don't know how to explain. She puts a lot of emotion and her voice is so beautiful, not plain and boring. She breathed life into all the jazzy songs I've heard her sing. I'll be more than thrilled with a jazzy album.

 

I completely agree with this! Its so hypnotic...you can't help but be transfixed by it!

 

If anyone can do it, it's Celine.  Hell, if she could pull of "Treat Her Like A Lady", she might as well consider an Indian album.

 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: "you go girl!" (lol, mention of this song always makes me chuckle cause in my head all i can hear is "goinaroundtalkinabout" :giggle:

 

 

As for the album...Who knows if its going to be ALL jazz, but you can't deny that some of the track almost HAVE to be after the recent jazzy influences we've been seeing.

. . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png

Posted

"Summertime" was just great. :clap:

Her whole performance was great. :thumbsup2:

 

I want to hear more of this, she really can do this great.

Posted
I have a feeling she won't be doing a full jazz album but she will do something in between. It would be too much of a radical change.

I agree.

 

Jazzy Celine is love. :w00t:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted
Yup. For me "Quand on s'aime" isn't 100% jazz but it's not 100% pop either. And it's love :in_love:
Posted

So it's almost confirmed: French pop record around the concept of a female point of view and an English jazzy release afterwards (2008) or even before (March 2007). :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

 

The upcoming two years will be the best ones for her if they will play it right.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

No!! Please dont release the english (jazz?) album before 2008!!

They should promote the French one, and dont care about the english one yet

Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted
No!! Please dont release the english (jazz?) album before 2008!!

They should promote the French one, and dont care about the english one yet

 

 

I think this would be the smarter thing to do, but we'll see...

. . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png

Posted

I really would have wanted the English album to come out first. Seems like it's time for a new one...and people will start to wonder where she is.

 

However, if it's her goal to release the French one first, then I think they should just wait until early 2008 and give it all the promotion it needs to be a huge success like I know it will deserve to be.

 

I also hope that she gets out another English album before 2009. She needs to get back on the radio....back to those nominations...and back on people's minds.

Posted
I also hope that she gets out another English album before 2009. She needs to get back on the radio....back to those nominations...and back on people's minds.

Why is it so important? She wwill never be able to top Titanic. The fame she brought upon herself is not only milk and cookies. It costed her a lot more than that. A lot. She wouldn't dare to think of repeating it. She's enjoying her life now and we should be extremely happy we are getting at least TWO high-quality full vintage Céline albums in the next 2 years with a possible small tour through Europe.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

It's important because she deserves it. I don't want her to have the hectic life she use to lead. However, I do think that if she spends the amount of time on these albums that they seem to be spending, then they DESERVE to be nominated and recognized by the public.

 

I'm not looking for her to top the success of her earlier career. I am, however, looking for the public to notice her superb ability once again. Celine herself wanted "international success", and I still want that to continue.

Posted
What if, just what if... the upcoming JJG & female lyricist album IS the jazz album? What if they got the cream of French poetry to write lyrics for the new 21st century jazz classics? I mean... this could mean a revolution, the grand return of jazz to mainstream media. And there is not voice more suitable for this goal than Celine's.

Celine Challenge :: Over 10.000 beautiful pictures of our diva!

 

http://celinedion.evonet.ro/coppermine/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...