AllCeline Posted August 31, 2006 at 10:46 PM Posted August 31, 2006 at 10:46 PM (edited) Well, last month (July) I partitioned my hard drive and installed Windows Vista Beta 2 (Build 5384), and it was pretty good for a Beta release; still found a few bugs however. Two days ago (Tuesday), I formatted my Vista partition and installed the Pre-RC1 (Pre-Release Canidate 1, Build 5536). There're a few changes when it comes to display but I noticed a big performance of the PC's performance. Also, Build 5536 takes up a lot less space that Build 5384. The ISO file for this build was only 2.5GB's while Build 5384 was a little over 3GB. All in all, Microsoft is working hard to bring us a quality product. There's been word that Vista would flop and Microsoft prosponed the release twice already, afraid and not wanting a second flop like Windows ME. But, it seems they're hard work is paying off. I'll hopefully be formatting my Vista partition again to install the RC1 release but of course, I can't wait till the final release is out next year! Anyway, I promised pepillo90 that I'd post screen caps for you all! Check 'em out! And feel free to leave your comments!! http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2959/sc01jt1.th.jpg http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7371/sc02ul4.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1717/sc03fj1.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5563/sc03bdm9.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/180/sc04ay4.th.jpg http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5069/sc05lp1.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3061/sc06fn3.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9198/sc07db9.th.jpg http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9014/sc08im1.th.jpg http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5017/sc09bdn8.th.jpg http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4283/sc09dk3.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4826/sc10zw6.th.jpg *Note: Please do not post these caps anywhere; they're exclusive to Celine Channel Forum. Edit: Added a screen cap. Edited August 31, 2006 at 11:01 PM by AllCeline Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Céline's Blues Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:09 AM Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:09 AM Vista looks indeed very good and it promises to be the most secure Windows ever made - BUT it's a BIG disappointment when you think they needed 5 years to deliver this. It's better than nothing yet Longhorn was much better with its features. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Bellamy Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:19 AM It's just a better looking Windows+ DX 10 + IE 7 + WMP 11. I still won't use beta version anyway. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Céline's Blues Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM Posted September 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM It's just a better looking Windows+ DX 10 + IE 7 + WMP 11. I still won't use beta version anyway.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or just wait for Leopard. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Bellamy Posted September 1, 2006 at 03:26 AM Posted September 1, 2006 at 03:26 AM Or just wait for Leopard. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't afford Mac. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
pepillo90 Posted September 1, 2006 at 02:28 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 02:28 PM OH my gooosh! it looks very very well!!! Can you post here the link? thanks joel! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Macaronie Posted September 1, 2006 at 02:31 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 02:31 PM A pre-renecharles.. so cool Quote
AllCeline Posted September 1, 2006 at 07:31 PM Author Posted September 1, 2006 at 07:31 PM Or just wait for Leopard. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't afford Mac. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't stand Macs... OH my gooosh! it looks very very well!!! Can you post here the link? thanks joel! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This build's offline for now. But I'll post the link to the RC1 build once it's released. Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Alice Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:21 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:21 PM I still use Windows 98 Quote
Céline's Blues Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:21 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:21 PM Or just wait for Leopard. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't afford Mac. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, bellamy try doing it like me: Buy a used one which is still fast! Like G4 867 MHz dual. They're really fast and can handle things nicely and they cos around $400. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Bellamy Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:38 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:38 PM This build's offline for now. But I'll post the link to the RC1 build once it's released. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will you format again for RC1? Well, bellamy try doing it like me: Buy a used one which is still fast! Like G4 867 MHz dual. They're really fast and can handle things nicely and they cos around $400. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No way. I hate second hand computer. Also I don't like G4 or even G5. I only want Intel based Mac notebook. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
AllCeline Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:52 PM Author Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:52 PM This build's offline for now. But I'll post the link to the RC1 build once it's released. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will you format again for RC1?Yes, but not the entire hard drive; only the Vista partition. Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Celine-Express Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:55 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 08:55 PM LOL i installed XP in July 2006!! Vista Wait 5 years and after windows relese a new version! lol Quote Encore un soir..Encore une heure..Encore une larme de bonheur..Un soir..
celinefanonline Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:01 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:01 PM it's cool Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Teodora Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:07 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:07 PM (edited) I had downloaded it too and was thinking of installing it, but I changed my mind. I'll just let others try it on and find/fix the bugs before i trust my precious data to it It looks good though! I will install it once the final, commercial version is released. I'm kindda bored of XP... Edited September 1, 2006 at 09:08 PM by Teodora Quote
Céline's Blues Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:15 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:15 PM No way. I hate second hand computer. Also I don't like G4 or even G5. I only want Intel based Mac notebook.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK, but it's definitely worth to save-up since Leopard is already being advertised as "Vista 2.0". I mean it won't need a 3 GHz processor to run unlike Vista. I think Vista is an amazing system but comes WAY too late - remember Windows 98 which could be run on a Pentium II 233 without a single glitch? Vista offers like a few security uogrades and a Disney-like theme and wants you to have a machine like AllCeline's! That's absurd and there's no economical thinking to it. NONE at all - they want just to milk money from customers. I do applaud MS that it slowly begins to think about the users and their security but it's too late, too late. I'm planning on purchasing a mac in November/December and scrap my loud ugly PC for ever! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
AllCeline Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:19 PM Author Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:19 PM (edited) and wants you to have a machine like AllCeline's! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that a good thing (at least on my behalf)? I must assure you, I'm very proud of my system... I'm quite the computer geek. This one still isn't good enough (for me) though... I think I'll purchase a better one this Jan. Edited September 1, 2006 at 09:19 PM by AllCeline Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
Céline's Blues Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:22 PM Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:22 PM and wants you to have a machine like AllCeline's! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that a good thing (at least on my behalf)? I must assure you, I'm very proud of my system... I'm quite the computer geek. This one still isn't good enough though... I think I'll purchase a better one this Jan. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's definitely a compliment, AllCeline. I find your hardware really great and I'm sure Vista will run smoothly on it but it's unfair of Microsoft to deliver a system which had its origins in the 90's... You want a better one? You probably have too much money! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
AllCeline Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:28 PM Author Posted September 1, 2006 at 09:28 PM You want a better one? You probably have too much money! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Too much?? Nah... just parents that care a lot about my passion for computers and supports my progression with technology. I can't complain, but I'm extreeeemely thankful. And belive me, it took a LOT of begging to convince them... but then again, how can they turn their little boy down?? But honostly, I've been soo blessed to have parents that care and support me that much. *Yay Mom & Dad* Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
machan Posted September 4, 2006 at 06:17 AM Posted September 4, 2006 at 06:17 AM (edited) Vista is really cool. I installed it a couple of days on my PC and I love it. As I am a Die-Hard Mac addict - Office Mac Environment (btw a Mac is the most user-friendly pc's around ) It was such a relief to have Vista on my PC at home. Fonts/Icons/windows are more smoother. Vista is actually copying Mac display - Mac Rulz. (FYI - windows 95 was built on Mac OS7 Platform - the reason it rearly crashed) Edited September 4, 2006 at 06:19 AM by machan Quote "...and while you sleep. I will miss you" http://warrensweb.bravehost.com/
AllCeline Posted September 5, 2006 at 10:25 PM Author Posted September 5, 2006 at 10:25 PM Mac Rulz<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I'm the exact opposite. Windows rules! Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
celine_026 Posted September 6, 2006 at 04:58 PM Posted September 6, 2006 at 04:58 PM (edited) You want a better one? You probably have too much money! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Too much?? Nah... just parents that care a lot about my passion for computers and supports my progression with technology. I can't complain, but I'm extreeeemely thankful. And belive me, it took a LOT of begging to convince them... but then again, how can they turn their little boy down?? But honostly, I've been soo blessed to have parents that care and support me that much. *Yay Mom & Dad* <{POST_SNAPBACK}> "Your daddy is rich... (...) He's rich!And your mamma is good loookinnnnn" lololololo appart from celine's song, I think I love computers and,no I can't afford a MAC or a soberb PC like system, andI still think windows XP is safer, up to date and a secureoperational system (I bet I would lost everythin trying toinstall Vista!) lololo. And who loves MAC, or the mac-ish style, it is possibleto resemble it in windows! My XP is like a TIGER,or dressed up, if I may say Edited September 6, 2006 at 04:59 PM by marcoscélino Quote http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1098/power01eq1.jpg
Koolan Posted September 7, 2006 at 04:03 AM Posted September 7, 2006 at 04:03 AM I still use Windows 98 <{POST_SNAPBACK}> any particular reason? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Bellamy Posted September 7, 2006 at 11:36 AM Posted September 7, 2006 at 11:36 AM Windows Vista RC1 Download Link: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Céline's Blues Posted September 7, 2006 at 11:56 AM Posted September 7, 2006 at 11:56 AM Dunno but I have the feeling that Vista will be a huge disappointment commercially. :/ Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
tativale Posted September 7, 2006 at 09:20 PM Posted September 7, 2006 at 09:20 PM It totally looks like MAC. I LOVE mac!!!! heheheh Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
AllCeline Posted September 7, 2006 at 09:40 PM Author Posted September 7, 2006 at 09:40 PM Windows Vista RC1 Download Link: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Whooops... look like ya got to it before me. Just got home from school, so I didn't install RC1 yet. I'll try and get some caps up as soon as I install!! Quote http://i34.tinypic.com/9ybm.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/o56kr5.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/vhqqu9.jpg>> flickr | WordPress <<Celine Dion needs another ANDHC/OH album!No more Taking Chances--just do what works!
pepillo90 Posted September 8, 2006 at 10:44 AM Posted September 8, 2006 at 10:44 AM Windows Vista RC1 Download Link: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Whooops... look like ya got to it before me. Just got home from school, so I didn't install RC1 yet. I'll try and get some caps up as soon as I install!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I hope them! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Céline's Blues Posted September 10, 2006 at 08:52 AM Posted September 10, 2006 at 08:52 AM I just learned that Vista needs 15 GB space for installation. I mean WTF!? It's not even half as fats as Windows XP, needs a Pentium IV processor to work passably and 1 GB RAM... Good God! I'm looking forward to my Mac already. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Clari Posted September 12, 2006 at 12:17 AM Posted September 12, 2006 at 12:17 AM (edited) Very nice, but I think I'll stay with my WinXP until I can afford a pretty Mac. Edited September 12, 2006 at 12:18 AM by CelineSmiles Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx... "Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.