Jump to content

Benji and Celine!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I found this article about Benji from 'SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE' online this morning.

 

 

Benji only has a week of rest before going on tour with his fellow dancers, but he's ready for it. "The tour's going to be amazing, and I have gotten a lot of crazy offers," he said. "Celine and I are going to talk and see what happens. There's talks of me doing a swing dance with her. I got a couple movie offers, three of four from Broadway ­ RWicked' and RHairspray' are talking to me, which is hardcore - and an offer from RMADtv,' so I'm keeping my lines open right now and we'll see what fish bites the hardest."

 

 

Choreographer and judge Brian Friedman hopes Benji takes the gig in Las Vegas. "He should do Celine Dion's show," he said. "He just grew so much in dancing."

Posted
Wow...thanks for the info...
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4610/willgrace8x2324finale19nu9.jpghttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4788/about01kv9.jpg
Posted
I hope he takes the gig with Céli, too! Can you imagine what kind of clout THAT would add to his resumé?!! I would also LOVE to see him in Wicked and OBVIOUSLY Hairspray after doing that number with Donyelle! Go Benji Go!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg

Posted
meh

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted (edited)
Benji Schwimmer is moving off the dance floor and on to the big screen.

 

The 22-year-old Californian swing dancer says just minutes after he won Fox's So You Think You Can Dance 2, the film and TV offers started rolling in.

 

"I've had two movie offers, I've had three Broadway shows approach me about joining their casts, as well as a sitcom and another comedy program that's on Fox," says Schwimmer.

 

"One thing I just got offered, and it is a for sure thing, is playing Fred Astaire in an upcoming motion picture. I have an acting background -- I did commercials and TV when I was a younger kid, so I'm really excited."

 

The former U.S. Swing Dance Champion says his future looks so bright, he's not sure if he's going to accept the show's main prize -- a one- year contract to dance in Celine Dion's show in Las Vegas.

 

"I come from a swing and ballroom background and it's a contemporary show, so we are trying to see if I can work out," he says. "It would be amazing if I could -- there's a rumour I'm going to be doing a swing routine with Celine. If that's the case, I'd be ecstatic."

 

Regardless of what he decides, Schwimmer says he's having a hard time coming to terms with what's happened to his life.

 

 

Not long ago, he was severely depressed after being dumped by his longtime girlfriend (who recently asked for an autographed picture for her niece) and was obsessed with the dancers from the first season of So You Think You can Dance.

 

"The cool thing about it is, it's kind of like you're a stalker. Let's just say I was stalking Britney Spears and she eventually married me -- that's kind of how I felt about this show.

 

"I had been stalking the show forever and I ended up being on it -- it's a stalkers' fantasy."

 

While all of Schwimmer's dreams are now coming true, he says, he just learned this week, he almost didn't make it on the series.

 

"I wasn't even cast originally in the Top 20, I was an alternate -- Nigel (Lythgoe) just told me that after I won.

 

"I guess there were contractual obligations a couple of the other competitors had, so they couldn't join the Top 20. I must have somebody looking out for me."

 

Indeed he does. Schwimmer shocked many Dance fans, and himself, when he defeated fellow finalist Travis Wall, 18, of Virginia Beach, who was not only a fan favourite, but some of the show's judges pick to win it all.

 

"That day, I just had this horrible feeling that I wasn't going to make it, so it really did shock me when they called my name out to win," he says.

 

On top of the chance to perform in Dion's Vegas show, Schwimmer also walked away with a $100,000 US cheque and a new SUV Wednesday. And the cash, he says, came at the perfect time.

 

Two weeks ago, Schwimmer's family's dance studio in Redlands, burnt down, leaving his parents, Buddy (King of Swing) and Laurie, in financial ruins.

 

"That's their source of income and bread and butter for the family," he says, adding his win means as much to his family as it does to him. "My dad was bawling, my mom was bawling and my sister was crying and she hardly ever cries. It was just an amazing experience because they've suffered a lot."

 

And as for his cousin Heidi Groskreutz, who was also part of this season's Top 4, Schwimmer says she's couldn't be happier for him.

 

"It really didn't matter if she had won or I had won, it's pretty much the same thing. We've been dancing together for 17 years and I wouldn't be anything without her," he says, adding all the rumours he's having an affair with Groskreutz, Wall and finalist Donyelle Jones are ridiculous.

 

"Donyelle has a boyfriend right now -- she's a great person and very faithful -- Travis ... we are just really good friends. And Heidi is my cousin. I'm not from the Bayou so it's fine -- there's no issue there either."

 

The third season of So You Think You Can Dance is expected to air on Fox next summer.

Previous story: Aniston denies engagement to Vaughn

Next story: Alba's good luck

 

Source: The Calgary Sun

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Showbiz/2006/08/18/1763171-sun.html

Edited by maykonprincess
Posted
actually i thought after he win he got the contract to perform in AND show... and need to perform there for 1 year..

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
No, the AND contract is an optional prize.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
The former U.S. Swing Dance Champion says his future looks so bright, he's not sure if he's going to accept the show's main prize -- a one- year contract to dance in Celine Dion's show in Las Vegas.

 

"I come from a swing and ballroom background and it's a contemporary show, so we are trying to see if I can work out," he says. "It would be amazing if I could -- there's a rumour I'm going to be doing a swing routine with Celine. If that's the case, I'd be ecstatic."

 

HA! I knew it!! Versatile my #ss...

 

He shouldn't take it and offer it up to Travis.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted
I don't really care if he accepts the AND contract or not....however I think it would be a great opportunity for him. I know that I do not want AND to become the Celine and Benji show....I want it to only be the Celine Dion show. And I don't think it is fair to the other dancers to give him any kind of special recognition in the show since they are dancing in the show also and have probably been in the show longer than he will if he accepts the contract.
Posted
I don't really care if he accepts the AND contract or not....however I think it would be a great opportunity for him.  I know that I do not want AND to become the Celine and Benji show....I want it to only be the Celine Dion show.    And I don't think it is fair to the other dancers to give him any kind of special recognition in the show since they are dancing in the show also and have probably been in the show longer than he will if he accepts the contract.

I agree, Benji might ruin the "magic" of the show. :whistling: what are his opinions toward Celine? :unsure:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted
  I know that I do not want AND to become the Celine and Benji show....I want it to only be the Celine Dion show.

I think this would never happen. The show would always be the Celine Dion show. he will be one of the dancers only. No one could steal the show from Celine.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Oh wow, He sounds like one COCKY IDIOT!

Is he naive that this is the most successful show in Las Vegas history, and that he will be performing with a legend? Before yesterday, he was just a nobody and I think the spotlights are a little too bright for him...

 

I see that one has to be careful with career moves, because if he takes the offer to dance at AND, he might not be able to star in movies, and such. However, he talks as if he and Celine are "equal." Silly boi... :giggle: :rolleyes:

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted
He just knows he can't handle her show...thats all.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted (edited)
I think that Benji should go on to consider the other offers he got and they should let Travis join Celine's show. I think he would be an awesome addition to the show. He is a great dancer and specializes in contemporary. :thumbsup2: Edited by dpearcern

"...I offer what you cannot buy,

devoted love, until we die"

~Je t'aime, Céline!

 

http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg

Posted
I think that Benji should go on to consider the other offers he got and they should let Travis join Celine's show. I think he would be an awesome addition to the show. He is a great dancer and specializes in contemporary. :thumbsup2:

I so agree! Mia, bring him into the show and watch the attendance go UP :clap:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

 

Someone give me Nigel's number!! :angry:

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted
someone at an idol board said "Benji wanted to give Travis the contract for Celine, but SYTYCD wouldn't let him." :cry:

taken from Entertainment Weekly

 

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1228356...1057|1_,00.html

 

So, what's up with you and Celine Dion? Are you her new backup dancer?

 

That's still in the works. We're not sure if I'm taking that contract or not. Originally I thought, there's no way I'm going to do this. They don't do swing dancing. I wanted to give the contract to Travis, but they're not allowing me to do that. Both Mia Michaels and Brian Friedman [judge-choreographers on the show] came up to me and told me I had to take it. They said, ''You'll be able to pull it off.'' Mia said they wanted to use my styles. So there's a possibility I'll be able to do a swing-routine duet with Celine. I'm going to be driving up to Las Vegas in the next 10 days before the tour starts to see if it's a possibility or not. Mia is the choreographer for the show, and I said to her, ''I know you wanted a contemporary dancer to win.''

 

:pinch:

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted

Why wont they let Travis take it if Benji doesn't want it?? I don't understand!! I think we should write to the show's management in Vegas and ask them if they will hire Travis instead of Benji. I dont see why the producers of SYTYCD would have a problem with that? God this is infuriating.

 

And yeah, it was clear Mia wanted Travis to win. Clearly she has good taste -_-

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted
With his attitude I do not want him in the show! I don't think he should get any more recognition in the show than any of the other dancers.
Posted
someone at an idol board said "Benji wanted to give Travis the contract for Celine, but SYTYCD wouldn't let him." :cry:

 

That is one of the things I loved about the dancers this season. They all really seemed to care about one another. That was thoughtful of Benji to offer the Celine contract to Travis. Maybe Mia can just talk Celine into bringing Travis into the show anyway.

"...I offer what you cannot buy,

devoted love, until we die"

~Je t'aime, Céline!

 

http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg

Posted (edited)
someone at an idol board said "Benji wanted to give Travis the contract for Celine, but SYTYCD wouldn't let him." :cry:

taken from Entertainment Weekly

 

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1228356...1057|1_,00.html

 

So, what's up with you and Celine Dion? Are you her new backup dancer?

 

That's still in the works. We're not sure if I'm taking that contract or not. Originally I thought, there's no way I'm going to do this. They don't do swing dancing. I wanted to give the contract to Travis, but they're not allowing me to do that. Both Mia Michaels and Brian Friedman [judge-choreographers on the show] came up to me and told me I had to take it. They said, ''You'll be able to pull it off.'' Mia said they wanted to use my styles. So there's a possibility I'll be able to do a swing-routine duet with Celine. I'm going to be driving up to Las Vegas in the next 10 days before the tour starts to see if it's a possibility or not. Mia is the choreographer for the show, and I said to her, ''I know you wanted a contemporary dancer to win.''

 

:pinch:

 

OMG he's so direct!!!! :mdr: :rolleyes:

 

I wonder how hard Celine slaps! Because I want to imagine her slapping him! Celine: "Do you know who you're talking to?" :mdr: :lmao:

 

Well... let's hope Celine will invite Travis. At least he performed to a RARE Celine song and doesn't have horse teeth.... :innocent:

Edited by Joy
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Posted

I wonder who's side it was that didn't want Benji to give Travis the contract. Is it the SYTYCD producers or someone on Celine's team?

 

I doubt Benji will take the spot in her show and if thats the case, why not give it to Travis? His popularity will definitely help bring even more attention to the show and he just deserves to be there.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
How are they doing?

 

"Exhausted. I haven't slept in the last four months, but I'm just happy to be here working," said Benji, who dropped a bit of news, too. For those gearing up to buy tickets to see Benji in the new Celine Dion musical, here's a tip: Don't.

 

The West Coast Swing specialist told us he turned down the contract, which was part of the prize package for the second-season winner of "So You Think You Can Dance." "That really wasn't my genre of dance ... It's an honor, [but] that'd be like an environmental lawyer with a contract to represent O.J. Simpson."

 

Performing with Dion would've also tied him to Vegas for a full year, he said. Benji wanted to remain close to his family and the dance studio that he co-owns in Redlands, Calif. — more than 200 miles away.

 

Indeed..don't. :glare:

Edited by CSCfan

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Bluck...the whole situation is just BLUCK.
celine-dion-getty-4.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Posted
I think that Benji should go on to consider the other offers he got and they should let Travis join Celine's show. I think he would be an awesome addition to the show. He is a great dancer and specializes in contemporary. :thumbsup2:

 

 

i agree!

Posted (edited)
What a waste!!! I bet Travis or Heidi would've taken the offer no second thought... either of them would have been a GREAT addition to the show. So stupid that they won't let Travis do the show. :ranting: Edited by CelineSmiles

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted

Told you guys...

 

They should offer it to Travis but since we haven't heard anything, I guess they won't.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...