celinedrop Posted October 29, 2006 at 01:36 AM Posted October 29, 2006 at 01:36 AM I admire Karen Carpenter a lot for her voice, emotion and spirit that she demonstrates through her music. "Close to you", "Sing", "Only Yesterday", "Rainy days and Mondays", "Please Mr. Postman" are some of her songs that mean the most to me.I recommend The Carpenters' version of "Ticket to Ride" to everyone who haven't heard it yet. It's an outstanding track.Regarding to Karen again, her voice, talent and sweetness are everlasting. Despite of the time, her music is still alive. Quote **How did you know that I would play the part?I must have I made it clear right from the start**
smw Posted November 21, 2006 at 01:09 AM Author Posted November 21, 2006 at 01:09 AM (edited) With the holidays right around the corner...I'd be interested in what you all think of the Carpenter's Christmas collection. This is the time of year they can be heard on the radio constantly...it's so nice for us Carpenters fans! They have two versions of the Christmas collection out there. One version is one single disc with the original track list from the record released in 1978, and the other is a double disc collection...with all of the songs that weren't yet completed, but had been recorded for the original record. Karen's voice is so warm and perfect for the holidays. Usually, even if people aren't fans of their recordings...they still love the Christmas songs! Edited November 21, 2006 at 01:09 AM by smw Quote
denise Posted November 22, 2006 at 02:17 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 02:17 PM I love Karen Carpenter. I remember listening to her music growing up. Her voice was so soothing to me. Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/nycbrat/celine/FadeAway_Sig.jpg <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="style_images/donationlavendar.swf"><PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=opaque><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noscale><EMBED src="style_images/donationlavendar.swf" menu=false quality=high wmode=opaque scale=noscale WIDTH=240 HEIGHT=90 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>
kathyc25 Posted November 22, 2006 at 02:35 PM Posted November 22, 2006 at 02:35 PM Karen was wonderful I really like her music a lot...I think my fave is "Rainy Days and Mondays". Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
smw Posted November 30, 2006 at 08:56 AM Author Posted November 30, 2006 at 08:56 AM I remember reading somewhere that Frank Sinatra said that Karen Carpenter was the only person he'd pay to see perform. That's just outstanding. Karen really has the voice of Christmas. That voice just wraps around you during the holidays..... Quote
live to love Posted December 2, 2006 at 09:28 PM Posted December 2, 2006 at 09:28 PM (edited) Don't know much about Karen C. but I heard of her tragic death (in 83...I think) so sad. Edited December 2, 2006 at 09:29 PM by live to love Quote And do I love you, my oh my...
smw Posted December 4, 2006 at 05:00 AM Author Posted December 4, 2006 at 05:00 AM Don't know much about Karen C. but I heard of her tragic death (in 83...I think) so sad. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah, you're like a lot of others. Most people know Karen for her anorexia over everything else. Most people recognize her voice, but just don't know the name behind it. Her voice will always live....whether people know her name or not. Quote
vivezpouraimer Posted December 4, 2006 at 05:11 PM Posted December 4, 2006 at 05:11 PM I like Karen a lot, but the Carpenters music is so depressing in general, that I can't listen to it all the time. She was a great singer... I love the Christmas stuff!! Quote
smw Posted December 4, 2006 at 08:31 PM Author Posted December 4, 2006 at 08:31 PM I like Karen a lot, but the Carpenters music is so depressing in general, that I can't listen to it all the time. She was a great singer... I love the Christmas stuff!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah...while they do have happy, upbeat songs.....their overall feel was a haunting, yearning emotion mostly due to the longing in Karen's voice. They really do have some solid albums....1975's Horizon is a masterpiece. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.