krazy_kool_dude Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:27 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:27 PM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W_A_RCNGNU I copied the text from Classic Whitney Together for the first time since the star-studded finale, American Idol winner Taylor Hicks and runner-up Katharine McPhee; and judge Randy Jackson sat down for an interview with special guest host Ryan Seacrest on CNN's Larry King Live last night. During the chat, Randy Jackson talked about touring with Mariah Carey this summer. Ryan Seacrest: You've made it clear on the show that you worked with Mariah Carey for a long time now and I read this morning that you're embarking on a tour with her. First tour in the U.S. in three years. What will you be doing with Mariah this time around?Randy Jackson: I'm actually her musical director, have been that for a long time, and we're putting the tour together. RS: What does that mean in terms of the tour?RJ: It means that arranging the songs, putting all the music together, rehearsing the band, putting the band together, the singers, the dancers, the whole kit and caboodle. In fact, I helped greatly with the first two or three Idol tours of the kids that they're going to go on this summer. So, you know, it's kind of what I do. It's like second nature for me because I played with her for so long and produced and wrote songs with her, so we're like, you know, we're like best pals so it's like, you know, she thinks it and I'm going like "OK, I already got you." You know we were on the phone yesterday on a conference call for like four hours talking about the show because I had just seen Madonna's show and I'm just, you know, got things rattling in my brain how we really want to make the show the hottest show on earth, you know. RS: What was the key to her comeback?RJ: I think, you know, she is probably for me in my estimation one of the greatest talents we've ever had because you have Celine, we're going to keep it real right here, I always keep it real. We have Celine, we have Whitney, great singers, sold 100 million albums, 120 million albums each. Mariah has sold 165 million albums but most importantly she co-wrote every one of them, co-wrote 19 number one records, co-wrote, co-produced all of them. That's the difference.When you actually are in control of your own destiny, meaning that you can write and you're just not waiting for songwriters to bring you songs, dude that's bigger than anything because what it's basically saying it's you actually did it. You know you do it the other way too but you're more of an actor when you're singing other people's songs. Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
VanMerlin Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:36 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:36 PM I'd agree with that last paragraph. When you can write and produce for yourself, it puts you into a completely different group of artists. Funny thing is, I think Celine can do it. So why doesn't she? She always says she loves to express herself and sing from her heart, but she never sings her own words. What is she waiting for? Quote
Teodora Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:37 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 07:37 PM Well, he's got at least 2 things wrong: Celine sold 175 million copies, not 120 million and second, had it not been for singers, song writers wouldn't have a job. I mean, all singers can write a song, but most writers can't sing And Celine proved how wonderful she can write on a number of occassions....she was writing at 12! She just doesn't want to. Third - just a comment from me - Celine has something Mariah will never have: stage presence! Mariah is just not good live, sorry. I like her songs (up until 1997) but she's just not cut for stage... Quote
disadiva Posted May 28, 2006 at 08:00 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 08:00 PM I Think that is a wonderful interview were he mentioned Celine as one of the Greatest singers-songwriters in this world with Whitney hasbeen and Mariah Queen of pop last year hehe.Well i know some off you don´t like MC so i´m not going to Talk about her just about my sweet Celine.Celine can write songs but she wants that we the little People send her lyrics about true life and true love so i´m going to send her mine and hope she likes them. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
SarahJB5 Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:27 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:27 PM Well, he's got at least 2 things wrong: Celine sold 175 million copies, not 120 million and second, had it not been for singers, song writers wouldn't have a job. I mean, all singers can write a song, but most writers can't sing And Celine proved how wonderful she can write on a number of occassions....she was writing at 12! She just doesn't want to. Third - just a comment from me - Celine has something Mariah will never have: stage presence! Mariah is just not good live, sorry. I like her songs (up until 1997) but she's just not cut for stage...<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I totally agree with you!!! Besides Mariah not having stage presence, she isn't as humble and down to earth as Celine is. Celine has been soooo kind and generous and will always be. She doesn't have that stuck up rich girl attitude and that is what makes me love Celine so much! Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
VanMerlin Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:53 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:53 PM But he's not talking about the personalities of the women. He's talking about their artistic differences and how Mariah is the only 'Diva' that does her own material, and how that sets her apart...which it does. He's her musical director...he's bound to be proud of her work and the fact that she creates her own musical career by her own merits. I don't think he's putting the others down because they don't write, he's only saying that Mariah does something more. And in Mariah's business, that's actually something special. If she sinks or swims, it's all on her and that's really admirable. Quote
SarahJB5 Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:58 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 09:58 PM I also am upset that he said that she co-wrote EVERY one of them. I know that on the Daydream album she did a cover of Open Arms, so he can't tell me that she co-wrote 100%! I really think he needs to get his facts staight before he goes on national tv with facts that aren't completely true. Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
krazy_kool_dude Posted May 28, 2006 at 10:01 PM Author Posted May 28, 2006 at 10:01 PM (edited) let's not forget: Without YouAgainst All Odds Bringing On The Heartache Edited May 28, 2006 at 10:01 PM by krazy_kool_dude Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
xo1hrt4celineox Posted May 28, 2006 at 10:36 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 10:36 PM Well, he's got at least 2 things wrong: Celine sold 175 million copies, not 120 million <{POST_SNAPBACK}> It makes me so mad when people quote her album sales wrong!!! I mean it was on the freaking World Music Awards people, get it right! On another note...just because Mariah has written a lot of her songs doesn't mean she can sing the words with the same passion, emotion, and feeling Celine does. Celines just magical like that, her voice seems to carry you to a whole other place That's something I've never experienced with another artist. Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
Bellamy Posted May 28, 2006 at 11:52 PM Posted May 28, 2006 at 11:52 PM But he's not talking about the personalities of the women. He's talking about their artistic differences and how Mariah is the only 'Diva' that does her own material, and how that sets her apart...which it does. He's her musical director...he's bound to be proud of her work and the fact that she creates her own musical career by her own merits. I don't think he's putting the others down because they don't write, he's only saying that Mariah does something more. And in Mariah's business, that's actually something special. If she sinks or swims, it's all on her and that's really admirable.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Madonna also co-write, co-produce some of her songs. Why he didn't mention her?And co-write, co-produce thing is not always true, sometimes it's just a trick of the record company. Why Mariah can't write a decent song anymore after Walter Afanasieff left her? And as we all know Randy is just a BIG lamb. That's why he said so, and quote wrong sales number. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
VanMerlin Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:12 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:12 AM Madonna also co-write, co-produce some of her songs. Why he didn't mention her? And as we all know Randy is just a BIG lamb. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Gee, I don't know Bellamy, perhaps because he was naming the big divas and Madonna isn't one of them? Of course he's a 'lamb'. That doesn't make what he says about Mariah any less valid. He would know her musical talents better than most, in that case. Mariah can write and produce. She has additional artistic talent, whether Celine fans think her music is crap or not (and I happen to dislike her music but I understand the work and spirit that is required). Randy was including Celine as being amongst the best voices. That's a compliment. How does that turn into yet another thread where we must put down another artist to make Celine look better? Okay, we get it, you all don't like Mariah. Let's move on...how many threads is this now? Quote
Bellamy Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:36 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:36 AM I'd prefer Randy give the credit to Madonna than to Mariah. Although Randy is a big lamb, but obviously he likes Celine and her voice too. That's why he always has good thing to say about Celine on AI. What I don't like is he uses wrong sales number to make Mariah looks superior than the others. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Ted Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:55 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:55 AM I also am upset that he said that she co-wrote EVERY one of them. I know that on the Daydream album she did a cover of Open Arms, so he can't tell me that she co-wrote 100%! I really think he needs to get his facts staight before he goes on national tv with facts that aren't completely true.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mariah writes 1 or 2 lines of a song and she gets full credit for song writing. Mariah changes a couple of words on a song and she gets full credit for song writing. She does this more then a few times. That is all I to say about the subject.Ted Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Bellamy Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:04 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:04 AM Mariah writes 1 or 2 lines of a song and she gets full credit for song writing. Mariah changes a couple of words on a song and she gets full credit for song writing. She does this more then a few times. That is all I to say about the subject.Ted<{POST_SNAPBACK}>And add some dolphin whistles here and there in a song for co-produce. Exactly why she can't write a decent song anymore after Walter Afanasieff left her. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
VanMerlin Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:04 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:04 AM Mariah writes 1 or 2 lines of a song and she gets full credit for song writing. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Well, it worked for John Lennon... Quote
Krys Posted May 29, 2006 at 05:01 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 05:01 AM Mariah's writing skills are appauling as well. like her song "honey" Quote
ashleylovesceline Posted May 29, 2006 at 09:48 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 09:48 AM I saw that, kind of made me mad. Just because Céline doesn't write her music (although she has the talent for it, as we all know) it doesn't make her any less of an artist. And Randy made it sound like when Céline sings, she's not feeling the true feelings of the song. We all know that when Céline chooses songs, they have to have a special meaning for her. Quote
Ronny83 Posted May 29, 2006 at 09:53 AM Posted May 29, 2006 at 09:53 AM Mariah's writing skills are appauling as well. like her song "honey" <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And what about "I came to have a party, open up the Bacardi [...] It's a special occasion, Mimi's emancipation"? Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
CSCfan Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:13 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 12:13 PM Mariah writes 1 or 2 lines of a song and she gets full credit for song writing. Mariah changes a couple of words on a song and she gets full credit for song writing. She does this more then a few times. That is all I to say about the subject.Ted<{POST_SNAPBACK}> You know what, Céline does that too very often, but she doesn't get (or want) credit at all.... Even if she'd change/wrote one word, she can be called a 'co-writer'.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Bellamy Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:37 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 01:37 PM You know what, Céline does that too very often, but she doesn't get (or want) credit at all.... Even if she'd change/wrote one word, she can be called a 'co-writer'.. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cause Celine doesn't care maybe. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
CSCfan Posted May 29, 2006 at 02:26 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 02:26 PM Exactly. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Clio Posted May 29, 2006 at 03:06 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 03:06 PM To write a song or to produce a song does not ALWAYS mean a successful comeback Quote http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6184/houstannc9.jpg
disadiva Posted May 29, 2006 at 03:56 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 03:56 PM But he's not talking about the personalities of the women. He's talking about their artistic differences and how Mariah is the only 'Diva' that does her own material, and how that sets her apart...which it does. He's her musical director...he's bound to be proud of her work and the fact that she creates her own musical career by her own merits. I don't think he's putting the others down because they don't write, he's only saying that Mariah does something more. And in Mariah's business, that's actually something special. If she sinks or swims, it's all on her and that's really admirable.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Madonna also co-write, co-produce some of her songs. Why he didn't mention her?And co-write, co-produce thing is not always true, sometimes it's just a trick of the record company. Why Mariah can't write a decent song anymore after Walter Afanasieff left her? And as we all know Randy is just a BIG lamb. That's why he said so, and quote wrong sales number.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> That is so true after Walter Afanasieff Mariah hasn´t written any special songs just fillers and in between there is good songs like We Belong Together from her latest album. I wasn´t a fan of Rainbow,Glitter, Charmbracelet cause there is no Walter there. But i´m still a fan of hers. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
catwomanrrr Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:46 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:46 PM Of course Randy will favor Mariah over other divas. He's employed by her for this tour. Quote http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n28/rhymereason/dreambig.jpg
Bellamy Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:54 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:54 PM Of course Randy will favor Mariah over other divas. He's employed by her for this tour. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Didn't know this. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Céline's Blues Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:54 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 06:54 PM Truly an outstanding complement - Randy who? He probably doesn't know what real writing skills are. Nonthelessbutstillofcourse you have to give Mariah credit for trying to implement some personal notes into her music - even when putting one or two lines to a song by herself. But who cares for this silicon bat anyway! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
CSCfan Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:02 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:02 PM Didn't know this. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Uhm, it also says so in the very first post? Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Bellamy Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:09 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:09 PM Uhm, it also says so in the very first post? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I admit I only care to read the part about Celine only. I don't care this Randy Who at all. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Céline's Blues Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:27 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:27 PM BTW, did anyone notice how pathetic some of Whitney's fans on CW are? I mean they are STILL gloating over I don't know what - Whitney being the biggest singer ever, the female who was big like 13 years ago adn from then on it all went downhill big time... I truly feel for them! They are living in their own world of illusions. Just like the lambs that think Mariah can still sing live, the Whitney fans - the woolfies - think their fallen crack diva still has some relevance. Sad, sad, sad! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
CSCfan Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:33 PM Posted May 29, 2006 at 07:33 PM I don't care this Randy Who at all. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Did you know he's also in Céline's A&E biography? Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.