Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine Dion on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - July 21st, 2016As the title says

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

Peppercorn1991

Peppercorn1991

Kev

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,305
  • 6,128 posts
  • Local time: 05:26 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1991
2 million views on the YouTube channel!!!

Kev x

québecflower

québecflower

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 29,419
  • 6,102 posts
  • Local time: 12:26 AM
  • Born: 1967

Peppercorn1991, le 22 July 2016 - 06:57 PM, dit :

2 million views on the YouTube channel!!!

Kev x
and if you checked the comments , the more you go , the better they are. The haters are tired . :giggle:
Plus qu'ailleurs  , but now Si c'était à refaire  , i still love tant de temps....

CelineTheBest5

CelineTheBest5

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24
  • 3,321 posts
  • Local time: 02:26 AM
  • Born: 1981

POPULAR

Complete

https://vimeo.com/175887480

LukeD

LukeD

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,036
  • 5,130 posts
  • Local time: 06:26 AM
  • Born: 1989
Tonight Show > Today Show as far as the outfit is concerned.

Today Show > Tonight Show for the performances.

incognito

incognito

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 551
  • 2,160 posts

Peppercorn1991, le 22 July 2016 - 06:11 PM, dit :

It's just crazy everyone is talking about her..... Never seen so much positivity!!

Kev x

Yah.  My ex even randomly messaged me about her LOL

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 15,749 posts
  • Born: 1965

CelineTheBest5, le 22 July 2016 - 07:23 PM, dit :

Thanks for this :)

One thing again about interviews with her that drives me nutty is they still ask the same things. Celine tell me about how Vegas came about, how long have you been there, tell me about "titanic", wait, what, you didn't want to do it! , yes, I'm glad I didn't listen to them, ect ect ect BLAH!! :wacko: :sick:
At least she didn't talk about being the 14th so maybe they are making progress.... :giggle:  Ok rant over....

At least she mentioned the tour and they mentioned EUS.

Edited by DionFanAlways, 22 July 2016 - 09:00 PM.

How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,178 posts
I wonder if Celine remembers that she did that very same "Jimmy, are you OK" MJ impression back in 2013, the first time she was on with him.

I liked it and didn't like it at the same time. I love Jimmy Fallon and he was clearly totally thrilled to have her there, but she didn't seem that happy to be there. Genuinely seemed to not want to do the musical impressions thing . . did she really not know that was gonna be part of the show?  I've always wondered with that musical impressions game . . it always seems like it MUST have been rehearsed beforehand . .how else does everyone come up with these perfect impressions with no notice? Just doesn't make sense to me.

She looked GORGEOUS. Those legs. . . is she really almost 50? Crazy.

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,700
  • 1,861 posts
I wonder if they're going to release a TSMGO LP single? I know what Jimmy was holding may have just been for promotion, but it would be nice! I'll take all the vinyl they can print!!

Brandon

Brandon

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 35,115
  • 1,567 posts

stevo, le 20 July 2016 - 08:16 AM, dit :

It definitely is a stark gap- between her English and French careers. They have missed out on such an opportunity to share her French world with her American fans for so long. With EUS it's such a powerful message
It's a great move but Americans are cagey when it comes to foreign material. They git all nerviss and stuff... :spaz:

anewdayhascome, le 21 July 2016 - 11:46 AM, dit :

I don't know why anyone doubts that she will sing EUS. The presale starts the same day, they tweet about the programme and the album in the same tweet. It's bound to happen
We doubt because it's an inprecedented move and everyone knows American simply "tune out" and lose interest real quick when anything is not in English. No shade. :bleh:

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,576 posts
  • Local time: 11:26 PM
Finally have some time to comment about Celine's latest appearance in NYC.

I will start off by saying, Wow. Celine looked amazing last night on Jimmy Fallon. That dress blew my mind. Just when I think she can't look better, she always does. :)

Secondly, I can't believe how much exposure this French album is getting. Celine hasn't done this much promotion since A New Day album. It's crazy. I am not use to this. I'm sure Celine isn't use to it either. I saw a video of her trying to walk down the streets of NYC and she couldn't even walk.

There was so much people all around her, filming her and following her. I could see Celine's eyes trying to adjust to the many flashing lights from all the cameras that were taking her picture. She even made a panic face. It was pure craziness and at the same time simply amazing! :-D

I can't believe we still have Montreal to come. Celine is going to be dog tired by the end of all this.
Posted Image

ilka

ilka

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 35,179
  • 65 posts
4 million views on the YT  :clap:

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,489 posts
  • Born: 1982

POPULAR

I wouldn't normally include a full article here, but pasting this one because I think it perfectly encapsulates how a lot of people are feeling right now, and it makes me glad! :wub:

http://montrealgazet...aturday-july-23

God help me, I think I like Céline Dion now

BASEM BOSHRA, MONTREAL GAZETTE
Published on: July 22, 2016

Any lingering pretensions I have to being remotely cool — hey, stop laughing! — will be obliterated by this column.
But I’m OK with that. Because the burden of the secret I’ve been harbouring is growing too heavy for me to bear.
So, here goes: I think I like Céline Dion. Like, for real, not out of any sense of detached hipster irony.

For the sake of full disclosure, I have spent too many years being one of those people who ridiculed Céline for her hyper-emotional, chest-beating demeanour, her yen for saccharine power ballads and her unleavened sentimentality, on stage and off, which, when combined, made her such an easy target.

But I’ve been wrestling with this sea change in my world view for months now, ever since Céline — and I’m breaking with Gazette style here by using her first name on second reference, but if ever any star in this province has earned that kind of familiarity, it is she — appeared at the visitation for her late husband and manager René Angélil at the Notre-Dame Basilica in January.

It was a sight that still gives me chills whenever I think about it, which is surprisingly often. There was Céline, the biggest pop star Quebec has ever produced, standing for hours to personally greet the hundreds of fans who had gathered to pay their respects.

That mutual outpouring of affection was, as I wrote at the time, a visceral reminder of the fact that Céline occupies a special, rarefied place in the hearts of so many Quebecers.

And in the months since Angelil’s passing, the Céline who has re-emerged in the public spotlight over the past few weeks in particular has seemed like a new woman, on multiple levels.

The first signs of change were external, as Céline — long a fan of flamboyant frocks befitting a diva who had a years-long Las Vegas residency — turned heads at Paris Haute Couture Week this month with a chic, new look. The change has been widely credited to her new stylist Law Roach, who Céline herself has said has been instrumental to her fashion transformation since Angelil’s death. “Working with Law Roach is quite an experience to be honest with you,” she recently told Entertainment Tonight. “He brought me out of my closet and now flowers are growing.”

Céline’s new look reached an early apex when she was photographed in Paris wearing a sweatshirt bearing images from the film Titanic. That’s right, the woman who became a global icon with the phenomenal success of My Heart Will Go On, the treacly super-ballad from the soundtrack to that even more treacly box office smash starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, was wearing a Titanic sweatshirt. (This is still Céline, after all, so it wasn’t like the sweatshirt was a last-minute pickup at Winners; it’s from high-end Paris design house Vetements and retails for $885.) It was just refreshing to see that Céline hasn’t got too big to be ironic or too sheltered to not be in on the joke. And it was hard not to smile at the perfection of it all.

That heretofore obscured knowingness and playfulness was on even more evident display when I watched Céline’s genial appearance on Thursday night’s edition of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. In particular, her game turn in the show’s Wheel of Musical Impressions segment, during which Céline sang in the style of fellow pop stars Cher, Rihanna and Sia, revealed a self-deprecating and whimsical side of her that I’m sure her friends and family know well, but which she has rarely unleashed in public.

Céline’s music is always going to be the most challenging part for me to embrace. I checked out her latest single, Encore un soir, with no small amount of trepidation, and was pleasantly surprised: it was, unshockingly, a ballad, but a spare and beautiful one, free from the vocal gymnastics that mar too many of Céline’s English pop songs, and once again highlighted the contrast between those and her more grounded French oeuvre. It augurs well for her forthcoming album, also titled Encore un soir, which is set to drop on Aug. 26.

With this intriguing new music and Céline set to play 17 shows in Montreal, Quebec and Trois-Rivières in late July and August, this is certainly shaping up to be the summer of Céline in Quebec.

And at least now I won’t have to pretend I’m too cool to care.

bboshra@postmedia.com
Twitter.com/basemboshra

Edited by scielle, 23 July 2016 - 04:36 AM.

Jackie

Jackie

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,736
  • 896 posts
  • Local time: 01:26 PM
  • Born: 1985

POPULAR

Attached File  2016-7-22 3.gif   967.7K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 4.gif   926.34K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 5.gif   868.68K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 6.gif   954.31K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 7.gif   777.01K   10 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 8.gif   984.64K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 9.gif   486.53K   14 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 10.gif   972.23K   18 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 11.gif   802.62K   19 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 12.gif   955.63K   16 downloads

Jackie

Jackie

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,736
  • 896 posts
  • Local time: 01:26 PM
  • Born: 1985

POPULAR

Attached File  2016-7-22 13.gif   954.62K   10 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 14.gif   932.9K   8 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 15.gif   696.69K   8 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 16.gif   958.3K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 17.gif   960.12K   11 downloads Attached File  2016-7-22 18.gif   982.82K   11 downloads Attached File  2016-7-23 1.gif   776.21K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-23 2.gif   875.35K   11 downloads Attached File  2016-7-23 3.gif   934.09K   11 downloads Attached File  2016-7-23 4.gif   644.87K   12 downloads Attached File  2016-7-23 5.gif   910.47K   10 downloads

incognito

incognito

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 551
  • 2,160 posts

POPULAR

It feels like being in a parallel universe where suddenly Celine is cool to like and universally loved and cared about.  It's going to take some adjusting to.

Alex_Incognito

Alex_Incognito

Y'a trop de trains qui passent, ce train c'est le mien

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 838
  • 8,109 posts
  • Skin: Overlay Blueberry
  • Born: 1986
Interesting how some fans here are ashamed of her and many of us are so thrilled having her back.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."
- Céline Dion, 1990

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 8,055 posts
  • Born: 1998

Alex_Incognito, le 23 July 2016 - 06:05 AM, dit :

Interesting how some fans here are ashamed of her and many of us are so thrilled having her back.
It IS interesting, isn't it?
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

dodobird

dodobird

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 35,814
  • 282 posts
Ok I have to ask....why are people so mean? If you look at some of the comments to the Montreal Gazette article (on the article's page I mean, not on this forum!)...they are pure venom. Why? If you don't like an artist you certainly don't have to listen to them let alone read articles about them. But why waste words and brain matter on writing hateful things?

Maybe my question is too naive, I don't know...but i'm always taken aback by the capacity of people to be mean. Celine Dion might not be everybody's cup of tea... I get it. But why go out of your way to be so mean?

maria_k

maria_k

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,800
  • 745 posts
http://www.ew.com/ar...ressions-fallon

Jessyka

Jessyka

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 871
  • 2,666 posts
  • Local time: 02:26 AM

POPULAR

Now we can all say we were Celine fans before it was cool. B)

Posted Image

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 15,749 posts

dodobird, le 23 July 2016 - 06:45 AM, dit :

Ok I have to ask....why are people so mean? If you look at some of the comments to the Montreal Gazette article (on the article's page I mean, not on this forum!)...they are pure venom. Why? If you don't like an artist you certainly don't have to listen to them let alone read articles about them. But why waste words and brain matter on writing hateful things?

Maybe my question is too naive, I don't know...but i'm always taken aback by the capacity of people to be mean. Celine Dion might not be everybody's cup of tea... I get it. But why go out of your way to be so mean?
I know I don't get it. I guess they get some sort of satisfaction from it.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 15,749 posts

maria_k, le 23 July 2016 - 07:10 AM, dit :

Ok well there is the truth! At least she admitted it but she said she had fun in the end so that's good. :)  I hope he has her on again.

Edited by DionFanAlways, 23 July 2016 - 07:43 AM.

ehild

ehild

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,683
  • 2,462 posts
  • Born: 1983
They talked about her on a morning radio show here Friday morning. Everyone loves this!!

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 15,749 posts

Getting close to 5 million! Does the amount of views a video has insure that the video will not be taken down?

Edited by DionFanAlways, 23 July 2016 - 08:42 AM.

Peppercorn1991

Peppercorn1991

Kev

• Donators
    • Member ID: 13,305
  • 6,128 posts
  • Local time: 05:26 AM

DionFanAlways, le 23 July 2016 - 08:41 AM, dit :

Getting close to 5 million! Does the amount of views a video has insure that the video will not be taken down?

It's an official videos so I doubt it will be taken down

Kev x

maria_k

maria_k

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,800
  • 745 posts

half are mine! it just gets better and better the more I watch :-D

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 7,841
  • 6,628 posts
  • Born: 1981

it is on Jimmy official Channel :)

Edited by celinesounds, 23 July 2016 - 12:43 PM.

NEW SINGLE - ENG

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,576 posts
I wish Celine could wear that silver dress in her Vegas show. I am so obsessed with it. It would work so perfectly with the River Deep Mountain High section of the show! :wub:

Hopefully Law Roach brings some new looks for Vegas.
Posted Image

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 8,055 posts
  • Born: 1998

Angel2006, le 23 July 2016 - 12:45 PM, dit :

I wish Celine could wear that silver dress in her Vegas show. I am so obsessed with it. It would work so perfectly with the River Deep Mountain High section of the show! :wub:

Hopefully Law Roach brings some new looks for Vegas.
I was thinking it would've been perfect for the tour! Just think of her doing Ce Soir on Danse a Naziland in that dress... It would be perfect!
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

Mozzy88

Mozzy88

Y'a pas de mots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 564
  • 4,563 posts
  • Born: 1988
5.3 millions!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 401 user(s)

Dane, Holborn, celinedionfan0, Sosof12, celinequeen, CelineDionForeverNY, scielle, CelinesGem, iancobb, koala44, SACE, CSCfan, CelineDluvr, Jascka01, dodobird, stéph14, celinecolombian, MaxRayÎles, Roland61, isabel leite, somaltseva, Celinex, twk3395, smw, mebe, couldawouldashoulda, karen5, chocolatechip15, adi dion, Katie, orilevi5, Chad-IV, Holycrap!05, Xpresso, québecflower, nuts2you, HushNow, cher&celinefan, dawn, CelineGAfan, Cafe67, DionFanAlways, BartFCS, Peppercorn1991, gian982, Julianne, giannislyber, Javito, katleen86, celinesounds, forever45, celinish98, azlan, mattia, Emi1, CelineAndRene, brendanm999, jepoi, karalayna, Esty, destin139, MonDion, Lotty, comingback, pat200, celinefan1991, tomier, Loup_garou, dmeredith, artistman2007, GameC, Nmj, Brandon, max24, Kristinaz, Henri, Celine5Diamonds, jbechs, CelineIloilo, ceon, hala, maria_k, MTJ, kashief, DestinMg5, ivo, Rachel_5, Timster, CelinesDIVO5, pepillo90, vlad, joaofilho, minolli, Alex_Incognito, Domi, Remon, JLB3663, Bellamy, drewrussellmusic, chs, rpopowski, lucassfilho, Mozzy88, I Drove All Night!, karebear82, enno2007, Leo, IamRha, fabricio esteves, Jackie, lyn, tomdalbou, WindyCityCelineFan, littlechap, Ukrfan, Daysleeper, Matias, Shamrock_1982, anewdayhascome, abadi, AidenAiena, rondoc2003, Maxim Kuliev, Jessyka, rgomezric, mrkase, chawatak, LukeD, winforlife, justinecoria, jpatdeleon09, Ororo Munroe, CDion05, maikan, takeachance, chrisel, Fuzzy, frana, CelineVT, Jeff Abbott, lllBeautifulll, béné, Lizzy, Edgar14, LeChauffeur100, n1ko, LVCeline, Cuquito, SuperLove4Celine, hollylou, manu23, Tine, Naiomi zhannah, orca_ab, A new day..., Manila, smash, aniaa19, Gulenkov, woodstock, Cheska, spunkransum, jair_25, bruno_oliveira, bgcalde, Kyle_Jared, stone, ilka, roro, Critiaslux, Celine Fan 77, Joe, wayne0223, ryba, Neddo, vr6chickbeenfound, StrangeDays, joc13, Angel2006, Magda5, Schwa83, actofcontrition, contre5nature, sash546, Roxlly, rock6kev, donpi86, natalie_, Boy, tessika, Dylan Callender, bilinkew, manilou, isurrender, muske95, marif, RosieBarron, celine19, krazy_kool_dude, Chrissi, bourque222, tal-sh2, Noid Enilec, J-Man, TiagoFragoso05, Scramasboy, Davar, clbmed02, fred, alextrusca, emmanuel, CelineTheBest5, garçon, danger, Celine-Express, imaswede78, Niko's, jaapjan, Ronny83, klmalling, aileejang05, IL_DINO, Bruno Portugal, the power of celine, Cmarker3875, homerton, Ncarbia, Muppetcanfly1995, celinelover03, vivitle, milestogo, Balao, Pangloss76, quebecker, Simon, duri, medley, hugo020, Brady, Goffy, OnlyCeline, banananas, Duchess, mar19ieke, celinefanonline, felicia, Milena5, mm_nj, cgscgs, mc1993, Koolan, dj_a_rock, Dertz1, superstar85ca, TommKat22, Del, neil1981, Nautanick, ika, alvick53, anna, SlovakClark, Jeffieboi, kidy111, mgreyck, SvetlanaSav, EternalSunshine, Kong, iza, yellowrose14, mike_z, Shaun, teresa3717, maddy05, amelie, Philippe1984, blueangel92, sunnyday, jmiracle, 7777, Jacqui, chrissid79, trls, taz111563, newyorksnl15, dyusha, phoebekins, remykyes, Derek F., tristan.josef, sander21, kakakiro, jjlovescéline, CDFan006, Mary17, rathnakumar, Calilly, celfan123, Frenchie, cup99, andyw024, Slim Shady, Ad3line, CELINE MARIE, Frozen_Phoenix, Davey84, Annajensen, Pepperpote, shaimaa, delta, candicat98, andrecb, $P!K&, meanttofly, cdurand54, Dook, PatrickDion22, jessx, JesusZuñigaR, chinit0, Miha, celine4evauk, soleil, dlh1, shortswamp, ruimarques, sayyed, Vole, Tyler1991, karatedude317, mcbg1, Bruno Dion, celine_foreva, kathy4, mariox, Kian, balazsbalog, live to love, Modesta, Marthe23, Depp27, MalaysiaCeline, Depp27, PriscillaBarragan, debora, NoamC, lost84, mimile, rachel9767, explosives124, PuraVida, dj4celine, celinedionfan1, chadiedls, cutybume, chrischn_celine, ehild, incognito, kevincheung410, MrTim212, VinnyT., ks1981, ssummer, MaiconSC, wjd, daccord_12, davidjag79, mari2711, CelineFan44, drelieaoun, CelineDionFanatic, CaesarCeline, Elena Casas, Viva las Vegas, drove all night, Thinktwicefan, manolo19, Rossum89, marc-02, ImAliveUK, samg3696, Celinenvegas, zanif, annayang, Austinadk, Flaca, tovalito, Lolo88, binsk, fanchette, Mike--Mtl, pame_200315, MistaChanel, Bartholdemus, jameslyden, VCKmusic, zuv, djuba82, ajguerras, Julian, bbn67

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy