Jump to content

Celine's popularity in Japan


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am curious to know how popular Celine's music with regards to Japanese fans. I am sure that some Celine fans over there have a piece of her in their hearts.

 

P.S.

 

Before I saw her April 30th show, a saw a few Japanese people attend her April 29th show, which was nice to see.

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

There will always be Japanese people attending Celine's show.

ACTUALLY, there WILL ALWAYS BE Japanese people in Vegas, San Francisco, New York, London, Paris, and all the tourist spots in the world!!! :D :lmao:

 

 

Cheers to my Japanese friends! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Love,
Posted

I lived in Japan for 2 years and met lots of people who love here music. There are also a lot of Japanese fan sites dedicated to her. I think she has a huge fan base over there.

 

I`d like to know the statistics. How many albums she has sold in different countries?

Specifically Japan, South Africa and the UK.

Anyone have this info?

Posted
I've been staying here in Japan for more than three years now (I study here.) and most of my Japanese friends know who Celine is. But I have to admit that Celine is no longer as popular as during her FIY and LTAL period a decade ago. "To Love You More" became the biggest hit (foreign language song) ever in Japan after "What A Feeling" during the 80's. "Be The Man" was a success here too but was not as big as TLYM. (Just recall the fact that Celine did sing it in Japanese.) As for the data of her records sales in Japan, I think one of our members did post it some time ago here in this forum. Check it out. :giggle:
Posted
I`d like to know the statistics. How many albums she has sold in different countries?

Specifically Japan, South Africa and the UK.

Anyone have this info?

http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?s...ndpost&p=339671

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
To Love You More,Japanese friends.

 

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8600/43566103tz1.jpg

 

Posted
celine have a lot of fans everywhere :)

 

 

 

You are right!

All over the world!

But did she record other songs in Japanese or only Be the man?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...