This song just may be the most popular, well known song that was (shockingly) never released as an official single, by ANY female artist in music history!
"I Surrender" has been proclaimed as one of Celine's best songs of her career by many, since the release of her timeless album "A New Day Has Come" in 2002. It is also considered one of the greatest ballads ever recorded. It's classic Celine in every way. It's got so many great aspects to the song- Big dramatic music that swells and builds through the song, amazing production, and jaw-dropping vocals from Celine! The song has some of the best versatility, and belted notes that she's ever served! Celine shows off so much of her impressive beautiful and powerful vocal range and abilities in this very loved, appreciated, and respected song!
Many fans over the years have expressed that if "I Surrender" would've been released as an official single, the iconic song would have VERY likely topped the music charts around the world! It had so much incredible potential to achieve mind-boggling success!
Like Celine herself said about "I Surrender"- "It's big, my gosh, I always need one of these."
Here are some of the BIGGEST highlights that "I Surrender" has achieved to date-
- "I Surrender" live performance from "Live in Las Vegas- A New Day..." has achieved more than 50 million views on YouTube!
- "I Surrender" audio + lyrics fan made video has achieved more than 35 million views on YouTube!
- "I Surrender" official audio track has achieved more than 25 million streams on Spotify to date!
- "I Surrender" official audio on YouTube has achieved more than 4.3 million views to date!
- Amazing reception from music critics, with song reviews such as: "Dion does not disappoint with ballads (from A New Day Has Come album) like the rafter shaking 'I Surrender', where she sings of forbidden love amid a firestorm of utterly volcanic instrumentation", and "The album's bombastic, heart-pounding, signature Celine Dion ballad" - from Billboard, and Slant magazine stated- "I Surrender' is a "power ballad only a singer with Dion's voice could pull off"
- "I Surrender" has been performed by a large amount of contestants on singing competition shows around the world, such as American Idol and The Voice, for years, that consider "I Surrender" one of their favorite songs that allow them to showcase their vocal talents, perhaps most famously by Kelly Clarkson on the first season of American Idol.
- "I Surrender" was rated as one of the top 3 songs, by popular music website Spinditty, in the top 10 Greatest Celine Dion Love Songs list they released, where they said: "It's truly a fan favorite. This just proves that she (Celine) is definitely one of the greatest musicians of all time."
- With "I Surrender" being one of the favorites on Celine's "A New Day Has Come", the song definitely helped the album achieve the massive success it has reached, such as selling over 12 million copies worldwide!