"My Heart Will Go On"… One of the most popular, successful, notable, and enduring songs of all time, by any music artist in history, which has been called “the billion-dollar song” for generating album and single sales totaling over a billion dollars in revenue!
Celine’s “signature song” has experienced a tremendous amount of success since it’s release in 1997!
It’s one of the best selling songs of all time, and the legacy of the timeless and iconic song will continue to go on and on.
IMG_2780.PNG 565.18K 10 downloads IMG_2780.PNG 565.18K 10 downloads
Let’s celebrate this awesome song, with a list of the greatest achievements of My Heart Will Go On, which can be an ongoing list 😊
Also, let’s PLEASE keep this post positive, celebrating the achievements and success of My Heart Will Go On. Please no negative posts/comments, and/or arguments.
Greatest Chart Success:
- Debuted at #1 on Billboard Hot 100, one of the first eight songs to ever do that in history, and stayed at #1 for 2 consecutive weeks
- Broke the record at the time, for the most played song in American radio history in regard to audience and radio spins, three different weeks in Feb. and March of 1998!
- Achieved 10 weeks at #1 on Billboard Hot 100 Airplay and Billboard’s Top Adult Contemporary Songs chart
- The official music video hit #1 on both the MTV top 20 countdown and VH1’s top 20 countdown charts, for several weeks in a row!
- Hit #1 in more than 30 countries around the world!
- The song helped Celine’s album, “Let’s Talk About Love” and the Titanic soundtrack to hit #1 on the Billboard 200 Album chart, with the soundtrack breaking a record for any soundtrack in history, to spend 16 consecutive weeks at the top of that chart!
- Spent 17 weeks at #1 on the Eurochart Hot 100 Singles chart!
- Hit #1 on Billboard’s Hot Latin Tracks chart, the very first time a English-language song topped that chart
- Was #1 on the 1998 year-end charts for the most successful song of the year, on the European Hot 100 singles chart, and in Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and was the top song of the year on Canada’s Adult Contemporary chart, and Billboard’s Hot Soundtrack Singles chart!
- Was a top 5 song, at #5, on the Rick Dees Top 40 songs of the 1990’s chart/countdown
- Was a top 10 song, at #10, on the Casey Kasem American Top 40, top 40 of the 1990’s chart/countdown
- Was a top 10 song of the 1990’s on the France singles chart
- VH1 named the song, the #1 movie song of all time in Aug. of 1998 on countdown of best movie songs
- Is a top 40 song of all time on the UK Singles chart
Greatest Sales success:
- Has sales of more than 18 million worldwide and is the second best-selling song ever by a female artist! It’s also one of the top 10 best selling songs in history!!
- The song helped the Titanic soundtrack become the best selling orchestral soundtrack of all time, and helped the soundtrack sell more than 32 million copies worldwide!
- Has physical single sales of more than 650,000 copies sold (was given a limited release by Sony) in the U.S. and digital download sales in the U.S. of more than 1.7 million (as of 2017) and official U.S. streams of more than 588 million as of 2019! Now ELIGIABLE for RIAA digital single certification of at least 5X Platinum, as of Dec. 2020.
- Has been certified Diamond in France, and 7X Platinum in China, 4X Platinum in Germany, 3X Platinum in the UK and Belgium, and multi-platinum in Australia, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, and in Sweden.
Greatest Awards success:
- Swept/Dominated the 1999 Grammy Awards, winning Song of the year, Record of the year, Best Female Pop vocal performance, and Best Song Written for a Motion Picture!
- Won the Academy Award in 1998 for Best Original Song
- Won the Golden Globe Award in 1998 for Best Original Song
- Won The Billboard Music Award in 1998 for Soundtrack single of the year
- Won The Japan Gold Disc Award for song of the year
- Won a Blockbuster Entertainment Award, for favorite song from a movie
- Won a Billboard Latin Music Award for being the very first English-language song to ever hit #1 on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart
IMG_2787.PNG 1.13MB 2 downloads
- Voted a Song of the Century from the RIAA and National Endowment for the Arts
- Voted by the American Film Institute or AFI and a top 15 song, at #14, in AFI’s 100 years… 100 songs, top movie songs of all time or American Film history (was the highest-ranking song of the past 25 years!)
- The music video set a Guinness World Record, in the Guinness World Records 2000 Millennium Edition as “the most played music video” of all time on The Box Music Video Channel, a very popular music video channel where viewers could call in and pay a fee to see their favorite music videos before Youtube was created. The music video had more than 60,000 requests!
- Was named one of the 1,000 most unforgettable moments in American Pop Culture by People Magazine in 2011
- In April 2010, the UK radio station Magic 105.4 voted the single the "top movie song of all time" after listeners's votes
- TrackRecord called it "The Greatest Movie Ballad Of All Time"
- Celine’s performance of the song at the 1998 Grammy Awards, was voted the # 2 greatest Grammy moments/performances of all time for a official TV special aired in 2007 by the public, and was the #1 solo artist Grammy performance of all time!
Did you see any achievements or success you were unaware of? Did I miss anything?
I hope you all enjoy this list 😊 please add to the list any additional chart, sales, or award achievements I may have missed, and any future achievements as well!
IMG_2779.PNG 811.98K 2 downloads
IMG_2805.PNG 365.74K 2 downloads