Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

New Exclusive Interview to Laura LandauerOne of Céline's most celebrated impersonators

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,385
  • 7,291 posts
  • Local time: 01:54 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1993

POPULAR

Hey guys, I'm happy to share with you my recent interview with Laura Landauer. It had been a while since the last time I interviewed someone of Céline's universe for my website, so I felt like it was the right time to get back into it.

Here's my exclusive interview with Laura Landauer for Celine Dion Spain. You'll be surprised to see how big of a fan she really is! :flowers: (At the end of the post you'll find links to my interviews with André Coutu, Marc Langis and Dana Parish)

Posted Image

You’ve been doing hilarious Celine Dion impersonations for more than a decade. Could you tell us a bit about the whole process of preparing the character?
In the beginning, I studied Celine endlessly. Watching videos, listening to her sing, reading out her, looking at photos, watching myself in the mirror, …. I lived in a bubble of Celine!
Now…after more than a decade, Celine is “in” me, I can just “feel” her. It’s like a switch I can flip on. I still do my research as I am interested in what she is up to. I still google her and watch videos, but not nearly as much as I used to.
As far as getting ready to perform, I have now perfected my prep routine and can do my makeup in 15 min! Now that I am wearing a wig, it cuts back a lot of the time I used to spend curling and styling my hair.

What do you remember about your first Celine Dion impersonation?
Oh...it was such a fantastic way to debut my Celine impersonation!
One of the streets in my neighbourhood would hold a street party every Halloween.
A friend of mine would set up a stage/sound system in his driveway on Halloween night and the neighbourhood gathered to watch. He was an Elvis Impersonator and performed as well. (He was the one that got me into this business in the first place. He told me I resembled Elvis and that I should try an impersonation… as if Elvis was born a woman and join him at one of the big Elvis Festivals. So, I did! Then I started doing Cher and then Celine… and the rest is history!) I also performed as Cher at the street party. It was an incredible feeling to be surrounded by a ton of supportive people! We did this show for 3 or 4 years. Great memories! One year it even rained, and the crowd didn’t mind at all. They stood out for 2 hours with their umbrellas. We had a make- shift tarp over the stage and it all worked out!

We’re pretty sure that you are a big Celine fan. Have you ever met her personally or gone to one of her concerts?
I am a HUGE fan! I love Celine. Her talents and hard work are immeasurable. I love how down to earth she is. I have never met her, but I have had some conversations with her dancers in the past, so I know she is aware of me. I was even told that Celine said I even eat chips like she does!!! (I was eating chips in one of my videos)
I have only seen her perform live once. In Montreal during the World Tour, 2008. I had great seats… about 4th row floor. Incredible experience!!!

Do you have any favorite song from Celine’s catalogue that you specially enjoy performing or that you’d like to sing one day?
That is a tough question! Very hard to choose just one. Some sit better with my voice than others. Those are the ones I choose to perform. My favorites to perform are: It’s All Coming Back to Me Now, I Drove All Night, I’m Alive, and of course… My Heart Will Go On! (I don’t go anywhere without my wind machine girfren’!)
I like the way Celine’s sound has changed over the years. She’s always giving us something new. I’m loving the new album (Courage) because it shows off the lower register of her voice.
I am a huge fan of her French songs. I find she has a completely different sound when she sings French. It’s wonderful to hear the versatility in her voice.
Some of my French favourites are Destin, Mon Homme, Et Je T’aime Encore & Pour Que Tu M’aimes Encore.

Have you heard about Véronic DiCaire? She’s another famous Celine Dion impersonator and, according to most fans, the only one that comes close to your talents as a Celine imitator. I met her in Belgium back in 2016 and when I told her about you, she said you are amazing!
Yes! I think Veronique’s impressions are tremendous! She is so talented! I think her Piaf impression is perfection! I’m happy to see a female impressionist doing so well. Wow! That is a thrill for me to hear her compliment!!!

Your latest Celine posts on social media are awesome. Fans would love to see some new longer videos, like the treasures that can be found in the ‘GypsyMiller’ YouTube channel.
I have so many ideas. It’s just a matter of finding the time…
I have a video in the works right now. Hoping to post it in the next month or so…
I was planning on doing a new show this fall called “Being Celine” but at this point, that will not happen. The future of theatre is obviously in limbo……. Perhaps I will turn the show into a series on YouTube.
There is even another “Workout” video that has been waiting to be edited for over a decade!!!! I suppose I can call it “The Lost Workout”! Stay Tuned…..

Besides being a wonderful impersonator of many famous singers, you are also a very talented actress, singer and comedian. What does the future have in store for you?
I feel like I have been very lucky. I’ve had the chance to do a variety of things performance wise. Live theatre, TV, comedy shows, radio, singing opera, being Celine …so many memorable opportunities.
I am interested in so many things creatively that sometimes it’s hard for me to focus on just one thing. I have always wanted to make a CD of myself singing. I have been picking away at it for years. Trying to sound like Celine has taught me a lot about my voice as an instrument. I have learned many techniques over the years that have helped me achieve different sounds and I am able to use them with my own voice now as well. I would love for people to hear what “Laura” sounds like. Not only “Laura as Celine”. My voice is very different from hers. I love to sing Jazz standards. I’m a big fan of Ella Fitzgerald.
I enjoy being behind the scenes creating as well… I have run a children’s Summer Theatre/Arts camp for 4 years with friends and it brings me such joy to work with the kids and help them find their voices within the scope of different artistic mediums.
I love making things. I have a giant stash of yarn as I am always knitting and crocheting. I love to sew, and I can never throw out a good piece of cardboard as I never know when it will come in handy to make a craft or paint on!
So…what does the future have in store? ... Well… more Celine of course! And let’s hope that I can get this CD finished soon!!!  

And finally, would you consider the idea of doing a short tour across Europe to delight us with your Celine impersonations? You’d definitely have to come and visit us in Spain!
I would love to do a European Tour someday.  Although … right now...who knows when that will be possible….
I adore Europe! I was there 2 summers ago, and I miss it! The culture, the food, the architecture, the history! My background is Eastern European. My father escaped from Hungary during the 1956 Revolution and came to Canada. My mother’s family was from England and Russia. Her ancestors came to Canada in the early 1900’s.
Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to go to Spain. I hope someday I get the chance!

Click and scroll down a bit to read these interviews in English:
* My interview with André Coutu (2012)
* My interview with Marc Langis (2013)
* My interview with Dana Parish (2014)

Posted Image

'Sans Attendre Tour' Paris [1-12-2013]

'Tournée Été' Antwerp [20-06-2016]

'Celine Live' Birmingham [27-07-2017]

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,990 posts
  • Local time: 01:54 PM
  • Born: 1984
Very fun interview! Interesting read, thank you Carlos! Great to see her talking so fondly about Celine!

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 7,509 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 AM
  • Born: 1982
Thanks for sharing. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 35 user(s)

brendanhirt, Celinex, mrkase, Frenchie, Leanne, celine28, québecflower, pame-65, Xpresso, garyhollander, Angel2006, adi dion, emmanuel, rfkavanagh, superibi, Katie, Joe, Céline RO, LeChauffeur100, célinedionfan_16, nuts2you, celinefanonline, isabel leite, Alex_Incognito, DionFanAlways, pat200, pepillo90, Celine Fan 77, Thomas, CelineDionForeverNY, couldawouldashoulda, Davey84, dawn, Shamrock_1982, smw

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy