Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

La Voix Du Bon Dieu: 40th Anniversary in 2021How should they celebrate 40 years of a successful career?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 37,347
  • 98 posts
  • Local time: 04:13 PM
What are the odds they might actually do something interesting to commemorate Céline's 40 years of career success?  I know they haven't exactly done a great job of celebrating other milestones, at least not with deluxe releases, etc., but 40 years is a major achievement and to this day her first album has still never been released on CD.

They've got a year to get ready so I'm putting it out into the universe that I want a box set of the original French albums from LVDBD through En Concert, with the various alt versions from singles/compilations included.  :)  I always found it odd that after all Céline's success - particularly in the late-'90s when she was at her peak success and CDs still sold millions - they never even bothered with a limited box set release or something like that.  It's not like she's ever disavowed the albums or tried to pretend they never existed.

Does anyone know if there are particular reasons why the early albums have never been wide-released?  (I tried searching the forum since I'm sure this must have been discussed to death in the past, but it's tough to find results with a fairly generic topic.)  Maybe there are too many rights issues or there's some other reason for it not happening? Or maybe they've just been waiting to celebrate 40 years and they'll surprise us all next year?  (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,063 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1984
I really hope that they will do something for her 40th anniversary. But somehow I don't think they will… :(

I think the reason the first albums are not re-released in full is copyright issues. I don't think Feelings owns the full rights to all the early songs, or they have never given the full rights to Sony to re-release them all.

But I would love a boxset of all the early albums! :wub2: It could be like La Collection (https://www.discogs....elease/14218365)
Where each album is released as a card sleeve. It could include an extensive booklet with the lyrics, loads of early pictures and a mini biography/retrospective.
It would also be great if they included stuff like her first TV performance on TV and the Les Chemins De Ma Maison, C'Est Pour Toi TV specials and En Concert on a DVD :wub2:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 1,627 posts
  • Local time: 02:13 AM
Here’s the craziest idea of all:

Céline performing a special mega concert (like the Millennium Concert) at the Bell Centre or elsewhere with very special guests (Barbra Streisand, Andrea Bocelli, JJG) and songs from all throughout her career.

Probability of this happening: about as likely as her giving me a private concert in my house tomorrow.
The best is yet to come...

pat200

pat200

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,307
  • 3,297 posts
  • Born: 1982
if and only if they remember, they might release a twitter/fb/insta post saying that it has been an amazing 40 years...

rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

View Postpat200, on 07 April 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

if and only if they remember, they might release a twitter/fb/insta post saying that it has been an amazing 40 years...

Sadly, this is probably the correct answer.

Alex_Incognito

Alex_Incognito

Y'a trop de trains qui passent, ce train c'est le mien

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 838
  • 8,256 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 PM
  • Born: 1986
I thought that part of the reasons ON NE CHANGE PAS was released was because they had acquired the rights to her old work.  Surely her and Rene would have purchased them.  What a shame that nothing will come of it.
"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."
- Céline Dion, 1990

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,841
  • 6,735 posts
  • Born: 1981

View PostCéline RO, on 07 April 2020 - 02:04 AM, said:

Here’s the craziest idea of all:

Céline performing a special mega concert (like the Millennium Concert) at the Bell Centre or elsewhere with very special guests (Barbra Streisand, Andrea Bocelli, JJG) and songs from all throughout her career.

Probability of this happening: about as likely as her giving me a private concert in my house tomorrow.

and Whitney and Aretha :giggle:

MY NEW SINGLE - FROM LOVE TO ZEE

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,735 posts
I Will be ok with a digital release

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,735 posts
Only 2 songs on spotify

Posted Image YOUTUBE: FAN MADE

https://www.youtube....2zd3oc0pxPVZ74R

Edited by celinesounds, 07 April 2020 - 03:33 PM.

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 26,029
  • 2,542 posts
There will be some corny graphic posted on her Twitter and Instagram signed by the ever-so-clever

- Team Céline

It's not De-end, it's Dion!

scielle

scielle

Celine Maniac

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 8,307 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 PM
Do we know who holds the masters to those first recordings? Technically, it was a Rene-founded label since nobody else would give her an advance at the time - do we know whether he (they) retained those rights, or were they sold at some point to one of her subsequent labels?
If the former, and if Celine (Feeling, CDA, or some subsidiary) actually holds those masters, than she would be the only one who could do something about it, not Sony.

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,700
  • 1,998 posts
  • Born: 1989

View Postscielle, on 07 April 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Do we know who holds the masters to those first recordings? Technically, it was a Rene-founded label since nobody else would give her an advance at the time - do we know whether he (they) retained those rights, or were they sold at some point to one of her subsequent labels?
If the former, and if Celine (Feeling, CDA, or some subsidiary) actually holds those masters, than she would be the only one who could do something about it, not Sony.

No way would I ever believe Rene would give up those rights. He risked everything in the beginning to have those made - it was a huge bet. I would bet big that Celine still holds all the rights.

However, I believe Celine feels some guilt about the way Rene and she abandoned Eddy Marney for Luc Plamondon. Between that and the negative memories about bullying over her teeth and looks, she may not want to revisit it. The best is yet to come! Why look back?

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 24,385
  • 7,433 posts
  • Born: 1993

View Postscielle, on 07 April 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

All we know is that those first records were released by Super Étoiles (La Voix Du Bon Dieu, Céline Dion Chante Noël), Saisons (Tellement J'ai D'amour, Les Chemins De Ma Maison, Chants et Contes de Noël) and TBS (Mélanie, C'est Pour Toi, Céline Dion en Concert, Les Chansons En Or).

I would give anything to have a remastered version of the C'est Pour Toi album, her masterpiece from the early years :wub:

Posted Image

scielle

scielle

Celine Maniac

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 8,307 posts

View PostCeline Fan 77, on 08 April 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

All we know is that those first records were released by Super Étoiles.

Yes, hence my question. Unless they sold the label or the masters at some point, she would still have full control of that catalog, since she never signed away the rights at the time of recording, as is the case with standard label deals. (Well, she would have signed them away... to Rene.)

Edited by scielle, 08 April 2020 - 06:49 AM.

rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

View PostMTJ, on 07 April 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

However, I believe Celine feels some guilt about the way Rene and she abandoned Eddy Marney for Luc Plamondon. Between that and the negative memories about bullying over her teeth and looks, she may not want to revisit it. The best is yet to come! Why look back?

Certainly quite possible.  Don't know if Marnay had much family or who benefits from his work now, but one way to make up for his less-than-stellar treatment is to allow his beneficiaries to earn money off a re-release of the albums.  :)  

Céline has performed a few of his songs since the split and named one of the twins after him, so she's not completely denying his role in her early career.  She's never had too much problem looking back (ONCP in particular), and 40 years is a major milestone.  But it's unfortunately quite likely that she wouldn't care enough to make it happen (or have her people make it happen), and that no one else on her team either thinks this way at all, or has enough influence to push it through.

beelee

beelee

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,095
  • 311 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 PM
I really hope Celine’s team does something to celebrate!

I try to avoid comparisons with other artists ( :giggle:) but Mariah is celebrating 30 years of her debut album by releasing something new every Friday starting today. I don’t know when it ends. I think that is so cool!

Even though Celine debuted with a French album on another label, I still think Sony could make it work and celebrate 40 years. It’s a huge milestone!

Simon

Simon

A New Day Has Come

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,316
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • Born: 1990
40 years LVDBD and european premiere in Paris :hmm: Could be interesting.

You could see? I could break! Did you notice all my mistakes? | *taking a kayak* | thanks @TakingChances for the signatur
Posted Image
♥ Vienna ♥ Las Vegas ♥ Paris ♥ Lille ♥ Berlin ♥ London ♥ Québec City ♥ Prague ♥ Nicosia ♥ Amsterdam ♥ Zagreb ♥ Antwerpen ♥

Alex_Incognito

Alex_Incognito

Y'a trop de trains qui passent, ce train c'est le mien

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 838
  • 8,256 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 PM
  • Born: 1986
La voix du Bon Dieu wasn’t even released in France.  This is a year she should do the FÉQ in Québec and do a retrospective show.
"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."
- Céline Dion, 1990

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 48 user(s)

Falling Into You..., WCD199317, jeremyvsl, Angel2006, Bruno Dion, Katie, pat200, Celinex, Simon, isabel leite, rfkavanagh, Céline RO, québecflower, CelineDionForeverNY, nuts2you, Celine Fan 77, Ukrfan, Alex_Incognito, pame-65, Remon, dawn, jpatdeleon09, Daysleeper, Javito, Taking Chances, Kong, Jeff Abbott, Frenchie, duri, beelee, mrkase, gentilfluffy, manolo19, mattia, mdion2006, MTJ, Davey84, comingback, PuraVida, MaiconSC, celinesounds, scielle, chs, Loup_garou, pepillo90, giannislyber, azteca_1990, ordinary fan

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy