Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

[Rumour] New Las Vegas Residency show starting in 2021at Resorts World

257 replies to this topic

LukeD

LukeD

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,036
  • 5,262 posts
  • Local time: 02:28 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1989
This is ridiculous. From purely an artistic standpoint, I think it is essential that she takes this decade off Vegas to explore different things. She is relatively young. Then she could focus on retiring there. But in 2021? I do not even see the hype, this is way too soon. And it goes to prove her career lacks direction. Who the f*** says goodbye to Vegas in 2019 only to return in 2021? :wtf: Goes without saying that this is going to be a greatest hits show with a couple of random covers. I do not even feel negative writing these. The situation with her is bad. If these rumors are true, then she clearly lacks artistic ambition and is money-oriented. End of story.

Edited by LukeD, 03 February 2020 - 04:34 PM.

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,260
  • 2,300 posts
  • Born: 1995

View PostLukeD, on 03 February 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

This is ridiculous. From purely an artistic standpoint, I think it is essential that she takes this decade off Vegas to explore different things. She is relatively young. Then she could focus on retiring there. But in 2021? I do not even see the hype, this is way too soon. And it goes to prove her career lacks direction. Who the f*** says goodbye to Vegas in 2019 only to return in 2021? :wtf: Goes without saying that this is going to be a greatest hits show with a couple of random covers. I do not even feel negative writing these. The situation with her is bad. If these rumors are true, then she clearly lacks artistic ambition and is money-oriented. End of story.

Apparently its simply the resort scheduled to open in summer 2021, apparently shes not scheduled to headline until 2022/2023... still... I was hoping it would be at least 2025, wanted her to spend at least 2021-2024 finding herself, experimenting, resting and relaxing, not this

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 6,712 posts
  • Local time: 12:28 PM
  • Born: 1977
You cannot tell me she really wants to sing this same setlist for years to come.. Again!   And this courage tour is in fact the same.  what about taking chances?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pat200

pat200

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,307
  • 3,297 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 AM
  • Born: 1982
IF and only if that is true, she loses all credibility as an artist. She just ends up becoming a money grabbing/making karaoke machine who sings the same greatest hits over and over, many of which are lipped. It would be very disappointing to think that all she cares about is making more money by being stale and not bringing anything new to the table all the while releasing new english albums every 6 years on average and new french albums every 4-5 years on average. Not to mention the added impact Vegas will keep having on her voice...I so hope she isn't going there for auto-pilot concerts again.

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,037
  • 1,553 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM
  • Born: 1988
I've just been waiting for this to happen, unfortunately.

She's gonna be stuck there forever it seems. Goodbye breaks, a rested voice and creative artistry. Hello Vegas retirement.

Edited by Taking Chances, 03 February 2020 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

Balao

Balao

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,508
  • 272 posts
Amazing ! She's a legend. She never stops. She owns Vegas. I wish it could be at Colosseum, her museum venue.

queenofvegas

queenofvegas

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,350
  • 100 posts
Here we go again.... :rofl_2:

Edited by queenofvegas, 03 February 2020 - 06:03 PM.

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 14,192
  • 6,953 posts
Do you guys really think that Celine can stop for 2 to 3 years? No way. Not now. She needs to keep busy, that's the way she is.
And when she keeps going, she keeps training her voice. And she keeps her staff - otherwise they would all go work on some other projects and might not necessarily come back when she is ready.

pat200

pat200

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,307
  • 3,297 posts

View PostXpresso, on 03 February 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

Do you guys really think that Celine can stop for 2 to 3 years? No way. Not now. She needs to keep busy, that's the way she is.
And when she keeps going, she keeps training her voice. And she keeps her staff - otherwise they would all go work on some other projects and might not necessarily come back when she is ready.

her numbers will go down in vegas especially if there are more seats and after a huge tour and no new material generating buzz or interest from the general public.

queenofvegas

queenofvegas

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,350
  • 100 posts
Celine will have our money regardless of what she does.

Edited by queenofvegas, 03 February 2020 - 06:13 PM.

incognito

incognito

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 551
  • 2,205 posts
  • Local time: 07:28 AM
Any residency she does will be a massive success. I’m rolling my eyes at anyone suggesting otherwise. Whether you like it or not, if they build it and she sings in it...the people will come to see her sing. Over and over and over.

Edited by incognito, 03 February 2020 - 06:30 PM.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 16,209 posts
  • Born: 1965
I just don't like where this venue is located.
How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

cdfan32

cdfan32

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,325
  • 292 posts
  • Local time: 08:28 AM

And it goes to prove her career lacks direction. Who the f*** says goodbye to Vegas in 2019 only to return in 2021? :wtf: Goes without saying that this is going to be a greatest hits show with a couple of random covers. I do not even feel negative writing these. The situation with her is bad. If these rumors are true, then she clearly lacks artistic ambition and is money-oriented. End of story.

View Postpat200, on 03 February 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

IF and only if that is true, she loses all credibility as an artist. She just ends up becoming a money grabbing/making karaoke machine who sings the same greatest hits over and over, many of which are lipped. It would be very disappointing to think that all she cares about is making more money by being stale and not bringing anything new to the table all the while releasing new english albums every 6 years on average and new french albums every 4-5 years on average. Not to mention the added impact Vegas will keep having on her voice...I so hope she isn't going there for auto-pilot concerts again.

I mean... this has been the case for over a decade now ever since the first residency got renewed.  It's why I've pretty much given up on Celine as an artist and live touring act.  It was good while it was fresh.  Her career has been artistically dead since her late 30's.  It's what she wants, and I'm happy she's happy.

incognito

incognito

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 551
  • 2,205 posts

View PostDionFanAlways, on 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Same but it’s about to be my new second home.

flutefreak

flutefreak

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,245
  • 1,989 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 AM
  • Born: 1979
Double post

Edited by flutefreak, 03 February 2020 - 07:04 PM.

flutefreak

flutefreak

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

View PostDionFanAlways, on 03 February 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

I for one am thrilled with this rumor, my husband,  on the other hand, no! Lol!
I just hope she takes time off I mean even as little as six months then comes back refreshed and full of ideas. (Oh wait, she was full of ideas for this tour.....  :giggle:  )

Me too because a nonstop flight to Vegas is still closer for me than anywhere when she tours.  Even though it ends up costing me more!  But I love going there even when she's not performing is just the icing on the cake for me.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 16,209 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postincognito, on 03 February 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Same but it's about to be my new second home.
Roomies!
How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

flutefreak

flutefreak

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

View Postnuts2you, on 03 February 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

I wonder if this was part of rene list of things he  wanted her to still do after he is gone,, I know she had said that rene gave her a list of things he wants her do, and this is one of them

I thought of that too.

nowanorris

nowanorris

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,917
  • 795 posts
  • Born: 1980

Who the f*** says goodbye to Vegas in 2019 only to return in 2021? :wtf:

Well, she didn't technically say goodbye...she said "Ciao for now..." which definitely lead me to believe something was in the works for a return.  :giggle:  I'm all for it.  My only hope is that her contract doesn't have her quite as handcuffed to the city so she can venture out however and wherever she so desires.

maki_Dion-er

maki_Dion-er

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,012
  • 2,061 posts
  • Born: 1990

POPULAR

There's this

although, if the deal is still not signed then would they really give it away? while she is still on tour?

I'm on the fence about this rumor.

If it turns out to be true then she won't be back in Vegas until at least 2023. Being that she's so active and has no plans of slowing down she'll likely fit in several things between the end of CWT and whenever she begins her next residency. I was hoping it would be at least a year (or two) before we started getting news/rumors of her return to Vegas so this is a little disappointing but not surprising.

Pros:
-   possibly a second theater built just for her. How many artists can claim not one, but two venues designed for them in mind? None. And for an artist who will by then be in their mid 50's? that's impressive and speaks volumes of the value and relevancy she has as a performer. Also, a third residency would lock her legacy as the best selling headliner ever in Vegas for a long time. She IS Las Vegas.
-   even if she sings the same old hits this will be a new show, at a new venue, therefore she'll likely be trying to create something as different as possible. We've had Celine + Cirque Du Soleil and Celine + old hollywood glam, it'd be interesting to see what she and team come up with for this new place.
-   we'll have the ability to plan ahead and go see her when we can instead of waiting for her to come to our state.
-   Vegas is even more popular now as an artist hot spot so it potentially means less of her being "locked up" in Vegas and losing popularity.

Cons:
-   possibly less chance of her ever doing those "unknown" tours. Especially in the US :(
-   she might be restricted again on doing other things because she'll be busy with Vegas shows.

But maybe this time around she'll agree to a schedule of less shows in order to have more freedom to do other things (summer tours, the supposed acting offers she's gotten and is thinking about, etc.). I don't think Vegas will delay her next English album because I believe she recorded enough songs for 2 albums very much with the idea of release the rest later on as a new album.

Edited by maki_Dion-er, 03 February 2020 - 08:06 PM.

nowanorris

nowanorris

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,917
  • 795 posts
  • Born: 1980

View PostDionFanAlways, on 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Such a boring end of the strip.  Blah! Although that could be an ultimate goal for Vegas...for Celine to make the dead end just as exciting as central strip!  

Not sure it’ll really be as early as 2021, but I most definitely think something is brewing.  My Courage shows haven’t even happened yet and my brain is already stirring with the idea of Vegas.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nando Férri

Nando Férri

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 654
  • 3,519 posts
  • Local time: 09:28 AM
  • Born: 1985

View Postcelinesounds, on 03 February 2020 - 04:24 PM, said:

Celine, I want the divorce :)
Me too.

Posted Image

guigafs15

guigafs15

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 28,868
  • 173 posts
I don't know. A lot of fans dislike her Vegas residency under the assumption that if  wasn't for Vegas she would've been everywhere, recording album, promoting and etc.

I, myself, don't see that happening. What I think that might happen with Celine if she have no residency it's what happen to Barbra and Cher: no one hear about them for 4 or 5 years, until they decide to drop an album, with minimum promotion, a small tour and that's it.

At least with Vegas we the fans have something to follow every other month. And she can be quite successful and get one note or two on the media, now and then.

I said: do it!

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 8,162 posts
  • Born: 1998
Those tweets do make sense. There were already rumors of a new leg coming in Asia, and I really wouldn’t be surprised if she looked back through North America and/or Europe. Clearly the demand is still there and I don’t see her stopping anytime soon. I truly believe it’s her way of moving on, physically and emotionally.

They say “no plans for a residency”, but if they haven’t gotten the go ahead to say anything they can’t say a word about it. For all we know they may still be in the beginning talks. I think it all depends on how the Courage tour goes.

Edited by CelineDionFreak, 03 February 2020 - 10:38 PM.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,063 posts
  • Born: 1984
Let's hope those tweets are right! And let's pray to God she takes at least a year off performing when the Courage tour ends! She needs time to do other stuff too, like releasing a French album and promoting it, finally do a movie, have fun at be on RPDR :P :giggle:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

manu23

manu23

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,389
  • 1,252 posts
Celine will come back to Vegas that's a given, but not in 2021, as she will probably be touring with Courage and maybe a new French album until mid 2021. I don't see this happening until end 2023 or 2024 after at least 1.5 year break. But who knows, she might jump into it right after the tour... They are probably offering her $700K a night, that's hard to say no to...

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,855 posts

View Postmanu23, on 04 February 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

Celine will come back to Vegas that's a given, but not in 2021, as she will probably be touring with Courage and maybe a new French album until mid 2021. I don't see this happening until end 2023 or 2024 after at least 1.5 year break. But who knows, she might jump into it right after the tour... They are probably offering her $700K a night, that's hard to say no to...

Exactly... I'm positive she WILL return someday. But I also doubt it will be within the next 2 years.
Though anything's possible really, but I hope she will do whatever she wants to do and not what she's expected to do (after this tour ends)..

Edited by CSCfan, 04 February 2020 - 04:31 AM.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

jolo87

jolo87

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,210
  • 117 posts
  • Local time: 09:28 PM
  • Born: 1987

View PostAdrienneM, on 03 February 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

In Vegas? At a brand new $4.3 billion dollar resort which needs a headliner to rake in the dough with ease and with little to no effort aka a greatest hits show from a vegas legend? Yeah I cant see that happening at all.

According to the Wikipedia page its a proposed 5,000 seat theatre

She has the leverage to negotiate any kind of deal she wants.

A new day...

A new day...

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,272
  • 717 posts
  • Born: 1988
Does that even surprise me? Absolutely not.

As of 2021??? Please no. NO. Take the time to elaborate a mesmerizing show that will blow everyone's mind.

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 7,960 posts
  • Local time: 08:28 PM
  • Born: 1993
Nah! Courage World Tour will extend up to next year. They are still adding dates. Still waiting for Asia-Pacific dates :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 225 user(s)

celinefanatic2001us, DestinMg5, krazy_kool_dude, jonny823, biscuit2, Celinex, Xpresso, RTafuri, Der_Griffon, celine28, tristan.josef, ssummer, Katie, rfkavanagh, nuts2you, Javito, pat200, isabel leite, CSCfan, Céline RO, remykyes, Loup_garou, couldawouldashoulda, Frenchie, ordinary fan, duri, Davey84, comingback, jpatdeleon09, Lolo88, giannislyber, DionFanAlways, ivo, karen5, emmanuel, Henri, Ukrfan, juls75, nahuelsc, nowanorris, Chantemoi, celinefanonline, Taking Chances, Jeff Abbott, YoungMrsH, LeeSC81, Nautanick, brendanm999, hugo020, dawn, manu23, fikus1, Remon, Shamrock_1982, Angel2006, CelineDionForeverNY, A new day..., idroveallnight, smw, user4468, Cuchi, superibi, Boy, hala, Jackie, Balao, CelineTheBest5, BartFCS, RosieBarron, ryba, pepillo90, delta, Kyle_Jared, joaofilho, jmiracle, weasley123, Leanne, Celine Fan 77, brendanhirt, aaa.bcd642, hoosierito, CelineAndRene, clbmed02, maria_k, Domi, PuraVida, Only one celine, max24, mdion2006, Smart17, Thinktwicefan, jwawesomepanda, Giancarlo_vadala, the power of celine, québecflower, alextrusca, jaapjan, ajguerras, MistaChanel, lime89, actofcontrition, Alex_Incognito, LeChauffeur100, HushNow, takeachance, Luc C, sebulba, Simon, Thomas, Kong, tal-sh2, Shaun, mrkase, Ajax, beelee, Joe, stone, Nmj, kathyc25, Rachel_5, noyau, DionDivas, Charles, MTJ, mike_z, chinit0, anewdayhascome, Jef, célinedionfan_16, Philippe, adi dion, Kristinaz, neil1981, VikingSwe, maki_Dion-er, wayne0223, Schwa83, wjd, woodstock, MaxRayÎles, scielle, MaiconSC, crazy4kirsti, rhonda813, PC_59, Bruno Dion, iza, celinesounds, stlcardsfan, Neddo, chs, rpopowski, bilinkew, garçon, Critiaslux, Peppercorn1991, manolo19, mari2711, dorfus, Dane, sarasweeney10, CDion05, Alice, mattia, Ri2n, Igor_Moscow, rael1983, ChuChu, Thnswlsn25, incognito, Ororo Munroe, Celine-Fan, AdrienneM, Edgar14, chassyeah, twk3395, Celinenvegas, empress, isurrender, crispyscool, kirkindxb, Mark_Rdam, joc13, mariox, Naiomi zhannah, Sebulba1, Equinox116, sayyed, winforlife, eyesofblue227, Matias, Ejion, celinefan1985, donpi86, lily94, Tw1989, LukeD, Lestat5485, pame-65, kathy4, lyn, celinecolombian, Fabrice, vojva, Frozen_Phoenix, Nando Férri, Fanxiaoqiang, meandmrjones, Bartholdemus, Ncarbia, Kian, jeremyvsl, marc-02, GUSAM28, cdfan32, queenofvegas, viniscand, roro, sacredceline, Peter12345, garyhollander, minolli, tomier, I Drove All Night!, n1ko

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy