Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Official TopicAn appreciation thread long overdue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Loup_garou

Loup_garou

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,631
  • 1,684 posts
  • Local time: 12:09 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1982
One of Céline's most iconic songs that deserves it's own topic

'cause who can forget that video

those great performances

The Great Remixes

The great story behind it told by Elaine Caswell (Pandora's Box), and Nigel Dick (The music video director)

Celine Dion, Meat Loaf, Jim Steinman and the weird, wonderful and sometimes sad history of 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now"

"Celine is fantastic, so when we had her running across the gravel — I got her to run, like, five times, to get a great shot, as you do, and she's barefoot. The next day when she shows up, her feet are in bandages because she didn't tell me she's cutting her feet up on this bare gravel. She's a real hard worker, I'd work with Celine everyday of my career if I had my druthers, really, she's wonderful to work with."

and the impact to this date on popular culture

"It's All Coming Back to Me Now" is a Very Weird Song

"So often, pop ballads seem to have come off a conveyor belt, designed for maximum appeal by multiple songwriters with minimal risk-taking in the composition. It’s all carefully processed to gently play in the background of your commute. But occasionally, you get truly unique weirdos like Jim Steinman and songs like “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now.” Céline was really going for it in 1996, and she made the decision to have this tune kick off her album. How incredibly bold! She didn’t play it safe, at all, and she was right."

and on 2019

JulienMcbeal

JulienMcbeal

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,181
  • 439 posts
  • Local time: 06:09 AM
:laugh:
Sorry, it just made me laugh that you posted it in the actual context! ;)

But yes, let's celebrate this one, thanks for the videos and articles. I knew the first one (very interesting and a must read for every Celine fan!), I will read the second one later (juggling with several things at the moment lol).

I remember reading something one day, I think it was a Carl Wilson's piece on the song, not sure... Anyway, the author wrote that the song was a complete mess, over the top anthem, over produced, over sung, over kitsch, and was basically crap... but that it worked amazingly because it was sung by Celine Dion, because she is honest in her advocating for love, because it's who she is, what she belts, what she proclaims. And that without Celine, the song wouldn't work. It's a perfect match.

So all hail Celine!
:worthy:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Loup_garou

Loup_garou

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,631
  • 1,684 posts
  • Local time: 12:09 AM

View PostJulienMcbeal, on 05 December 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

:laugh:
Sorry, it just made me laugh that you posted it in the actual context! ;)

But yes, let's celebrate this one, thanks for the videos and articles. I knew the first one (very interesting and a must read for every Celine fan!), I will read the second one later (juggling with several things at the moment lol).

I remember reading something one day, I think it was a Carl Wilson's piece on the song, not sure... Anyway, the author wrote that the song was a complete mess, over the top anthem, over produced, over sung, over kitsch, and was basically crap... but that it worked amazingly because it was sung by Celine Dion, because she is honest in her advocating for love, because it's who she is, what she belts, what she proclaims. And that without Celine, the song wouldn't work. It's a perfect match.

So all hail Celine!
:worthy:

Yes, 'cause there are so many stories, also on the Jim Steinman site it says not only that Andrew Lloyd Webber thought the song was "the greatest love song ever written" (as referenced in the past articles) but that, upon hearing Céline's version, he reportedly said: "This will be the record of the millennium."

And in case anyone wants to make a Céline related trip to Château Ploskovice Here's a little tour of that gorgeous place (also used as location for Amadeus by Miloš Forman)

Edited by Loup_garou, 05 December 2019 - 07:40 AM.

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,841
  • 6,672 posts
  • Local time: 06:09 AM
  • Born: 1981

Edited by celinesounds, 06 December 2019 - 06:44 PM.

NEW SINGLE - ENG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 57 user(s)

celine28, Zofia, soleil, Boy, comingback, noyau, iza, ordinary fan, nuts2you, ryba, Andy Man, nowanorris, bilinkew, Celinex, pat200, Celine-Fan, Taking Chances, Ukrfan, Javito, max24, Angel2006, celinefanonline, Albiecrespo, rfkavanagh, DionFanAlways, CDion05, Ejion, Naiomi zhannah, Loup_garou, Katie, celinesounds, justinecoria, québecflower, hoosierito, celinecolombian, Rodrigo in Brazil, meandmrjones, aliceshields, Thnswlsn25, ewh12, ssummer, joaofilho, ivo, Mark_Rdam, kathyc25, Cuchi, Davey84, nahuelsc, manu23, alextrusca, wayne0223, lyn, duri, Fanxiaoqiang, JulienMcbeal, Neddo, Celine Fan 77

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy