Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

[Rumour] New French AlbumA new french album in collaboration with Jean-Jacques Goldman planned

85 replies to this topic

ruisseau

ruisseau

• Members
    • Member ID: 12,323
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
According to the belgian radio "Vivacité" (RTBF), Celine would be collaborating with Jean-Jacques Goldman for a new french album which would follow the "Courage" English album. :wub:  :w00t:  :clap: :wub:  :w00t: :clap:

https://www.rtbf.be/...&programId=4003

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,759 posts
  • Born: 1984
Interesting.... I hope it's true... though Courage needs to come out and be enjoyed first :P ! But I somehow fear that they actually are referring to Encore un Soir! :giggle:

Unless EUS is getting a re-release next year (hopefully finally with the recordings DVD! :doh: ), that kinda would make sense.

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 6,276 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 AM
  • Born: 1993

Voir le messageruisseau, le 24 September 2019 - 02:50 PM, dit :

According to the belgian radio "Vivacité" (RTBF), Celine would be collaborating with Jean-Jacques Goldman for a new french album which would follow the "Courage" English album. :wub:  :w00t:  :clap: :wub:  :w00t: :clap:

https://www.rtbf.be/...&programId=4003

That’s great news! JJG!!! :)

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,730 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 PM
  • Born: 1987
This would be the perfect follow up to the Courage era. :)

todos

todos

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 37,296
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 PM
Then her idea regarding the release of the remaining English songs in form of a follow up album could be considered as dropped unless the French album gets released in 2021.

I wonder when she would have time to record a new album since she is occupied with the tour. Let's say she records the French material next summer when she is in France for example. Then the album could be ready to be released in the fall 2020 or spring 2021.

Exited to hear that a new French album is considered after all and even more that JJG would also be involved!

ruisseau

ruisseau

• Members
    • Member ID: 12,323
  • 5 posts

Voir le messagetodos, le 25 September 2019 - 12:55 AM, dit :

Then her idea regarding the release of the remaining English songs in form of a follow up album could be considered as dropped unless the French album gets released in 2021.

I wonder when she would have time to record a new album since she is occupied with the tour. Let's say she records the French material next summer when she is in France for example. Then the album could be ready to be released in the fall 2020 or spring 2021.

Exited to hear that a new French album is considered after all and even more that JJG would also be involved!

According to last Celine's inteviews, she seemed really confident that a new french album would follow the english one. For my opinion, if she was talking about it, I bet it is already well under way. Perhaps some songs are already recorded... Who knows... But with Celine, we never know. In 2015, we all believed that a new english album was coming... and we all know the story... :-D

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,555 posts
And here we go again...

New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New English album---NewFrench album---new tour...

The cycle of Celine Dion. It's not that I'm not excited about a new French project (let alone with JJG :wub: ), but having reached this point in her career, will she ever break this routine and consider to do actually something different? I mean, before her voice keeps changing and changing and it's too late?

I thought that with this new era we would really have a new Celine doing different projects and thinking out of the box. But so far, not even close: it's the same planned diagram as ever.

I so long for that Jazz album now, dance album, whatever you call it...

New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New JAZZ album :w00t: ---NewFrench album---new tour---New Spanish album :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ---new tour---....

Yeah I know, fans live in a parallel ideal world when it comes to expectations and innovations in Celine's territory... :whistling: :doh:

Edited by Javito, 25 September 2019 - 02:24 AM.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

stevo

stevo

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,224
  • 5,327 posts
  • Born: 1982

POPULAR

Perhaps you live in a parallel world, Javito. Perhaps the rest of us are quite content not having a vomitous jazz album forced upon us. Perhaps her formula has garnered her great acclaim and status over her 35 year career and the need to change the formula is only a dream of the restless and unfulfilled. Perhaps you need to go on the Cher forum and enjoy her innovation/ABBA rebirth.  And if you don’t like Celine’s tried and tested formula, guess what- Celine doesn’t care.
Instagram @stephen___________

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,759 posts
  • Born: 1984

Voir le messageJavito, le 25 September 2019 - 02:19 AM, dit :

The cycle of Celine Dion. It's not that I'm not excited about a new French project (let alone with JJG :wub: ), but having reached this point in her career, will she ever break this routine and consider to do actually something different? I mean, before her voice keeps changing and changing and it's too late?

I thought that with this new era we would really have a new Celine doing different projects and thinking out of the box. But so far, not even close: it's the same planned diagram as ever.

Actually Céline is doing different projects and thinking out of the box, but a lot of fans do not like the Fashion Dion :P

IMO She can do what ever, but I do not like JAZZ and I ain't waiting for a Spanish album! :whistling:
I would love if she recorded a French Christmas album though! Something like album Chansons Pour Les Mois D'Hiver from Isabelle Boulay would be a dream! :wub2:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,555 posts

Voir le messagestevo, le 25 September 2019 - 02:26 AM, dit :

Perhaps you live in a parallel world, Javito. Perhaps the rest of us are quite content not having a vomitous jazz album forced upon us. Perhaps her formula has garnered her great acclaim and status over her 35 year career and the need to change the formula is only a dream of the restless and unfulfilled. Perhaps you need to go on the Cher forum and enjoy her innovation/ABBA rebirth.  And if you don’t like Celine’s tried and tested formula, guess what- Celine doesn’t care.

"Vomitous jazz album" lol. Before she hasn't even tried :innocent:

Lol @Cher comment, when I'm not even a big fan nor I follow her closely. But I do enjoy her double acting/singing career and yes, the ABBA covers album was a nice "out of the box" project breaking from the usual formula :) I wouldn't care at all if Celine threw in all the covers she wants into a one single album; for once we would really have a concept album and something different, instead of forcing her random covers into her studio albums.

You have a point and you're probably right, but no need to be so sensitive :mellow: I won't even enter into the "artistic" thing and the evolution of Celine's career in the last 15 years, as that topic is WAR in this forum. But you all know where she is at in that point :hmm:

It's clear it's impossible to have a peaceful discussion in this forum being critic, without being instantly attacked or mocked? Sad.

Edited by Javito, 25 September 2019 - 02:36 AM.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

stevo

stevo

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 5,327 posts
Give and take, dearest

manu23

manu23

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,389
  • 1,149 posts

POPULAR

If Jean-Jacques Goldman is involved this can only be good news! Encore en soir song is probably the best she has recorded this decade. So if we get a new French album in 2020 it will be the 5th studio album in 8 years!

2012 - Sans attendre
2013 - LMBTL
2016 - Encore en soir
2019 - Courage
2020 - New french album

Just for some perspective, other female artists in the same period:

Madonna
2012 - MDNA
2015 - Rebel Heart
2019 - Madame X

Mariah Carey
2014 - Me. I am Mariah...
2018 - Caution

Pink
2012 - The Truth About Love
2017 - Beautiful Trauma
2019 - Hurst 2B Human

Adele
2011 - 21
2015 - 25
2019 - new album?

Christina Aguilera
2012 - Lotus
2018 - Liberation

Still some have the courage to say Celine doesn't care for her recording career. That's what I call a parallel world..

Edited by manu23, 25 September 2019 - 03:34 AM.

Remon

Remon

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 15,652
  • 279 posts
  • Born: 1981
Although it's great news if true, I don't think I can handle another thread of 300-something pages about an unconfirmed French album :-D

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 15,872 posts
  • Born: 1965

Voir le messageDavey84, le 25 September 2019 - 12:31 AM, dit :

Interesting.... I hope it's true... though Courage needs to come out and be enjoyed first :P ! But I somehow fear that they actually are referring to Encore un Soir! :giggle:

Unless EUS is getting a re-release next year (hopefully finally with the recordings DVD! :doh: ), that kinda would make sense.
YES the world release of the EUS video!!!! :innocent: :-D :P :doh: :whistling:

Voir le messageRemon, le 25 September 2019 - 03:44 AM, dit :

Although it's great news if true, I don't think I can handle another thread of 300-something pages about an unconfirmed French album :-D
Ready, set, GO! :popcorn: :blowup:
How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

Alice

Alice

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 8,808
  • 826 posts
  • Born: 1986
As much as want this to be true, it seems unlikely in the near future, as the WT has only just begun.

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,290
  • 1,222 posts

Voir le messageJavito, le 25 September 2019 - 02:19 AM, dit :

I so long for that Jazz album now, dance album, whatever you call it...

New English album---NewFrench album---new tour---New JAZZ album :w00t: ---NewFrench album---new tour---New Spanish album :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ---new tour---....

Yeah I know, fans live in a parallel ideal world when it comes to expectations and innovations in Celine's territory... :whistling: :doh:

If this French album is in a way follow up to Courage, I really wonder what she will go for.

I'm going off this topic, each of these ideas can be something big for her (and for us :giggle: )

So far, although it's only one song Imperfections- I'm optimistic with what we've got from Celine
now imagine if Imperfections had a short spanish part included? it can be even better.

Jazz album would be a dream, and will let Celine going all the way for new arrangements, unplugged...
many new things to do on this aspect, and it will let her accomodate her voice better, giving
the condition of her actual vocals which I'm worried about.

And Spanish album? someone needs to take a cartel please, reminding her about recording it
:unsure: my dream here will be half album with original songs and the other half duets.
"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Alex_Incognito

Alex_Incognito

Y'a trop de trains qui passent, ce train c'est le mien

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 838
  • 8,147 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM

POPULAR

Oh man, JJG!   Bring it on!  He seems to keep coming out of retirement for Celine.
The best thing he can do is just have Celine sing on the album.  He's a brilliant song writer but his vocals are nothing to write home about.
Whenever his songs come on the radio in the classroom, my students have a strange reaction to his voice.
"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."
- Céline Dion, 1990

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 14,192
  • 6,392 posts
This is just a rumour at this point yet complaints are already coming in! :rolleyes:
If JJG is involved, this would only be good news and a great tested formula!

Edited by Xpresso, 25 September 2019 - 05:29 AM.

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 7,406 posts
  • Local time: 07:19 PM

POPULAR

Can we lock this topic until we get the English album released atleast please

dawn

dawn

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 175
  • 11,408 posts
  • Born: 1977

Voir le messageShamrock_1982, le 25 September 2019 - 06:07 AM, dit :

Yes, please.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,716 posts

Voir le messageDavey84, le 25 September 2019 - 12:31 AM, dit :

I don't think so. This guy seemed pretty certain of what he was saying.
The others even confirmed - "I thought EUS was just a one-off, that JJG said he was done" because they were equally surprised - but he said, no, JJG is back.

If so - fabulous news!

Maybe she'll do some co-writing... I could see that happening, tbh.

Voir le messageShamrock_1982, le 25 September 2019 - 06:07 AM, dit :

What? Why?

Voir le messagedawn, le 25 September 2019 - 06:16 AM, dit :

Yes, please.

No, please.

Edited by scielle, 25 September 2019 - 06:34 AM.

noyau

noyau

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,635
  • 308 posts

Voir le messagescielle, le 25 September 2019 - 06:30 AM, dit :

I don't think so. This guy seemed pretty certain of what he was saying.
The others even confirmed - "I thought EUS was just a one-off, that JJG said he was done" because they were equally surprised - but he said, no, JJG is back.

If so - fabulous news!

Maybe she'll do some co-writing... I could see that happening, tbh.

What? Why?

No, please.

"Why" is a good question. Nobody forces nobody to read a topic.... It's selfish to ask for this topic to be closed. :cry: We can of course create a new topic when we'll have more official information (it was the case for Courage).

***I speak French, sorry for my mistakes in English. I would be very happy if you write me a private message to tell me when I make mistakes, as I want to improve my English***

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 501 posts
This is amazing news. Especially if Jean-Jacques really does work on the album. I would love it if he collaborated with Jacques Veneruso again or even... I know I’m pushing it... Luc Plamondon! Didn’t he write a song for Sans attendre?
The best is yet to come...

Ajax

Ajax

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,006
  • 340 posts
  • Born: 1983
Really surprised about that as I really cannot see this happening...Nothing indicates that JJG would want that. On the contrary.

zuv

zuv

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 25,273
  • 3,651 posts
This thread could be locked for the next 3years, save us 300 pages.... and we wouldn’t even have a release date by then.

:)

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,716 posts

Voir le messageAjax, le 25 September 2019 - 07:50 AM, dit :

Really surprised about that as I really cannot see this happening...Nothing indicates that JJG would want that. On the contrary.

JJG is an artist. 3 years ago he could have felt he'd written everything there is to write for her and creatively, was at a loss. But things have changed, and it's very easy to see how someone like him would be just as inspired by her rebirth as the rest of us are. I could absolutely see him wanting to write for 2019 Celine.

Ajax

Ajax

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,006
  • 340 posts
  • Born: 1983
I wish too. just that from what I feel from JJG, I don’t see him into this Renaissance thing. Not at all. And he is still very retired till now. But let s see.

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,392 posts
Well he is retired and has LOTS of time on his hands to maybe... write.  :giggle:

stevo

stevo

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 5,327 posts
Can he make a popular/relevant/modern album again? I loved EUS very much but could he really create an entire album of amazing hits again like he did with D’Eux and SISDA? Are his talents still up there? I am sure he could muster some artistry but if this is true, it’d be a very different direction than that which she’s taking for Courage- mostly new, very current/commercially successful producers/writers/collaborators.

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,392 posts
Well maybe after Courage she will indeed take the acoustics road as she mentioned she would love to do an unplugged tour. I guess she could start with that French album and JJG would be a good writer for this type of music.

Edited by Xpresso, 25 September 2019 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 147 user(s)

ruisseau, SantiagoColorado, CSchmidt, Trombones13, HushNow, tal-sh2, ssummer, Bruno Dion, biscuit2, soleil, sayyed, MistaChanel, explosives124, dawn, Celinex, Javito, Esty, Celinear05, nuts2you, Zofia, JulienMcbeal, DionFanAlways, Rachel_5, Alex_Incognito, Joe, Xpresso, Remon, LVCeline, couldawouldashoulda, jaapjan, noyau, Loup_garou, celinesounds, Bell, pat200, Alice, Critiaslux, Chantemoi, Ukrfan, Katie, québecflower, jpatdeleon09, TommKat22, comingback, fred, Jeff Abbott, nowanorris, jeremyvsl, isabel leite, ordinary fan, Jackie, Only one celine, BartFCS, maria_k, Angel2006, LukeD, nahuelsc, Nmj, jwawesomepanda, iza, Domi, mattia, pepillo90, Daysleeper, Bartholdemus, maki_Dion-er, emmanuel, Céline RO, GUSAM28, DestinMg5, isurrender, Davey84, Celine-Express, PC_59, alextrusca, CelineIloilo, scielle, dorfus, wjd, Andy Man, Celine Fan 77, Frozen_Phoenix, ivo, xdb183, duri, Jeffieboi, brendanm999, Sebulba1, mcbg1, karen5, Cuchi, PaulTo, adi dion, garyhollander, CelineDionForeverNY, Schwa83, Del, Taking Chances, rpopowski, Sosof12, celinecolombian, Ajax, minolli, Gabriel81, Lolo88, Dancing_Queen, Fanxiaoqiang, sarit_celine, manu23, MTJ, Marchino, giannislyber, hugo020, cdurand54, jolo87, ika, ajguerras, LeChauffeur100, sandro_dunn, &rewluvsCeline, Flymetothemoon, IL_DINO, emi&celine, joc13, Ororo Munroe, wayne0223, Mark_Rdam, Frenchie, Celine-Fan, Boy, Dane, Henri, agentwigs, manolo19, markg, joaofilho, celfan123, emiliejolie, Thnswlsn25, celine5-5, bilinkew, stevo, Leanne, anewdayhascome, Edgar14, CSCfan, celinefanonline

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy