Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine Surprise Project: edgy photoshoot for CR Fashion Bookannounced on ET August 21, 2019

258 replies to this topic

fred

fred

It's a beautiful day

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 276
  • 4,719 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1925
Haha how odd!! 😂😂😂

If true I truly wonder the format - are they being themselves in some sort of show or are they acting together? (I've never understood the craving from fans to have her acting - just because she said she'd like to try acting doesn't secure an Oscar statue all out of the blue).

View Postnuts2you, on 19 August 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Après le cinéma, les séries télévisées ! Avec Kit Harington alias Jon Snow dans "Game of Thrones" #GoT
-----
After cinema, Celine moving on to television series! With Kit Harington alias Jon Snow in "Game of Thrones" #GoT

Posted Image

Could this be it,its from the RH's

Peace and love to all.

CelineDionForeverNY

CelineDionForeverNY

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,404
  • 2,247 posts
  • Local time: 06:54 PM
Just to clarify, that picture is from the 2016 tour. Kit Harington went to see Celine during one of the Montreal/Quebec shows. He most surely doesn't have anything to do with the announcement.

Edited by CelineDionForeverNY, 19 August 2019 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

Mais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?

ruimarques

ruimarques

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,090
  • 279 posts
  • Born: 1986
guys ... this will bo something related the photoshooting in Parist last June... do you remember, Pepe posted on one of fis stories comment: "stay tuned for a new project"

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,260
  • 2,300 posts
  • Born: 1995

View Postruimarques, on 19 August 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

guys ... this will bo something related the photoshooting in Parist last June... do you remember, Pepe posted on one of fis stories comment: "stay tuned for a new project"

Very true

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,290
  • 1,338 posts
  • Local time: 12:54 AM
Indeed Fred it seems that her useless company wants her to fail when it comes to music matters
but since that Celine "Boss" Dion is fully incharge now I hope she will do some decent things toward the new Album/Tour.
"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Peppercorn1991

Peppercorn1991

Kev

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,305
  • 6,224 posts
  • Born: 1991

View Postsarit_celine, on 19 August 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Indeed Fred it seems that her useless company wants her to fail when it comes to music matters
but since that Celine "Boss" Dion is fully incharge now I hope she will do some decent things toward the new Album/Tour.

I really respect this post!

Kev x

actofcontrition

actofcontrition

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,366
  • 495 posts
  • Born: 1985
Maybe it as something to do with ariana grande? Remember she posted a stories meeting Celine at a recording studio with the mention « stay tune » and that was for a special project..

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,694 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 PM
  • Born: 1989

View Postnuts2you, on 19 August 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Après le cinéma, les séries télévisées ! Avec Kit Harington alias Jon Snow dans "Game of Thrones" #GoT
-----
After cinema, Celine moving on to television series! With Kit Harington alias Jon Snow in "Game of Thrones" #GoT

Posted Image

Could this be it,its from the RH's

This is a joke right? :wtf:
Posted Image

mirage

mirage

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 112
  • 8,072 posts
Ariana Grande met Céline at a recording studio?!

View Postactofcontrition, on 19 August 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Maybe it as something to do with ariana grande? Remember she posted a stories meeting Celine at a recording studio with the mention « stay tune » and that was for a special project..

ryba

ryba

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,889
  • 5,788 posts

View Postactofcontrition, on 19 August 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Maybe it as something to do with ariana grande? Remember she posted a stories meeting Celine at a recording studio with the mention « stay tune » and that was for a special project..
I haven’t seen this post, but if that’s the case, maybe they (or some sony artists) do a song together like „come together now“ or „we are the world“ and that’s the Sony campaign they were writing about. Or it might be a duet and a new single? Anyway, we will know tromorrow :D I hope it’s nothing blah

Edited by ryba, 20 August 2019 - 01:47 AM.

@Sony @TeamCeline  #Release The 2016, 2017 & 2018 Summer Tours On Blu-ray!!!

#The Fans demand more Celine material to be released!!! (more & longer in-studio footage on bonus DVDs)

scielle

scielle

Celine Maniac

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 8,263 posts
  • Born: 1982

View Postruimarques, on 19 August 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Well, that was this: Céline Dion Says She Doesn't Want to Be Called the New Queen of Fashion: 'I'm the Boss'

"The 51-year-old singer stars in an edgy new spread with two special covers for CR Fashion Book‘s coveted September issue in a series of digitally distorted images shot throughout Paris by Valentin Herfray."
[...]
“''The best is yet to come for me, so I wouldn’t say no to anything right now,” she says. “There are so many projects, so many people are coming to me, which is very exciting.''”

Edited by scielle, 20 August 2019 - 07:20 AM.

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,051 posts
  • Born: 1984
Interesting!! This is a whole new way of 'photoshoots' for Céline, it could be really cool!

“I honestly love photo shoots, and I love everything about art and making photo shoots,” Dion tells the magazine about modeling"

REALLY CÉLINE?! REALLY?? Then explain the lack of photo shoots between 2003 - 2015 :whistling: :P

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 16,172 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postscielle, on 20 August 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

Well, that was this: Céline Dion Says She Doesn't Want to Be Called the New Queen of Fashion: 'I'm the Boss'

"The 51-year-old singer stars in an edgy new spread with two special covers for CR Fashion Book‘s coveted September issue in a series of digitally distorted images shot throughout Paris by Valentin Herfray."
[...]
“''The best is yet to come for me, so I wouldn’t say no to anything right now,” she says. “There are so many projects, so many people are coming to me, which is very exciting.''”

Interesting. She contradicts herself by her actions. I mean she says all these things and does differently.  I guess she still feels a little trapped by the image they built.
I liked the interview.

Edited by DionFanAlways, 20 August 2019 - 07:33 AM.

How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,051 posts
  • Born: 1984
This is interesting though:

“A lot of times, I will wear my PJs all day. I’m with my kids, and it will be breakfast all day. I would just rest and be in my pajamas. But sometimes I would wear my nicest gowns, like I would wear on a date. Or put my hair in a chignon, put on my beautiful jewelry, and just take a bath in the bathtub, and feel like I’m Liberace.”

1. I am intrigued she mentions 'dating'. I guess it means that she would be open to actually date again... (which I think she should when she's ready!)
2. It's official! She does not know the word BUN but only chignon :P

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Nando Férri

Nando Férri

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 654
  • 3,518 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 PM
Jesus...

Posted Image

Dealhyeur

Dealhyeur

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 36,552
  • 49 posts
  • Born: 1992
Oh, my God....
In the article, they say that Celine does not exclude "building a fashion empire"... I don't know what to think about her anymore.

I really like that she has so much fun, I love the outfits she wears (by the way, the photo shoot of the article is very beautiful) but it seems she's moving more towards fashion and less towards music.
Looking forward to learning more about his "secret project" and looking forward to September 18th for the tour!

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,555 posts
Whatever this is about, I'm sure it won't be about music :innocent:

Fashion has taken over her career for sure. I want to keep my faith on her and the SINGER she is (once was?) but... :down:

Yes she's touring soon, yes she's supposedly releasing a new album (which never seems to come), but is she really interested in this thing (music) anymore, or is she just doing for the sake of it ($$$)??? :ermm:

Edited by Javito, 20 August 2019 - 08:53 AM.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Chantemoi

Chantemoi

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,842
  • 873 posts
  • Skin: Mobile
https://www.google.c...shion-book/amp/

Edited by Chantemoi, 20 August 2019 - 09:11 AM.

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
I fail to see why everyone cares so much about her being into fashion now.. many, many celebrities have second interests that they have prioritised over what they were famous for from time to time... but for Celine its different, she has to only do exactly what we all want her to (sing) or shes “changed” or isnt “herself”. I guess being a strict singer, who was arguably creatively confined to what others always wanted her to do, for 26/27 years and then finally being able to do other things she wants, shes terrible and needs to get back to singing after only just discovering/being allowed to do what makes her happy and has clearly been a way for her to cope and escape solitude... but sure, screw what she wants, she has to do what we want when we want it, aint that right everyone.. sigh

Edited by AdrienneM, 20 August 2019 - 09:30 AM.

Nmj

Nmj

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 11,244
  • 10,801 posts

View PostJavito, on 20 August 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

Whatever this is about, I'm sure it won't be about music :innocent:

Fashion has taken over her career for sure. I want to keep my faith on her and the SINGER she is (once was?) but... :down:

Yes she's touring soon, yes she's supposedly releasing a new album (which never seems to come), but is she really interested in this thing (music) anymore, or is she just doing for the sake of it ($$$)??? :ermm:

I’m quite honestly tired of the fashion thing. I know it brings her joy but come on... let’s be quite honest we are ALL fans of the  voice and music that’s why this forum exists. Of course some people would buy a sack of crap if her name was attached to it but I refuse to. I’m a fan of the music related stuff. Not saying she can’t do as she pleases, but as “fans” of her music we don’t have to support every other project she does. I have never bought any of her perfumes, watches, sunglasses, versatile water bottles, creepy kid clothing, or bags... however I own EVERY album she put out including the snooze fests of LMBTL and Miracle.

Edited by Nmj, 20 August 2019 - 09:50 AM.

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
And thats fine, but why do we feel that we have power over her or can demand stuff from her. If she wants to never release an album again and focus on fashion, she can and there would be nothing we could do about it.... but we all reserve the right to choose what we support and what we enjoy, thats sacrosanct, but its not (imo) to continually repeat grievances that we can do nothing about, nor should we if im being honest

Edited by AdrienneM, 20 August 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Nmj

Nmj

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 11,244
  • 10,801 posts

View PostAdrienneM, on 20 August 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

And thats fine, but why do we feel that we have power over her or can demand stuff from her. If she wants to never release an album again and focus on fashion, she can and there would be nothing we could do about it.... but we all reserve the right to choose what we support and what we enjoy, thats sacrosanct, but its not (imo) to continually repeat grievances that we can do nothing about, nor should we if im being honest

I’ll always be a fan of her musical career, but if she stops doing music completely and just does other things that don’t “interest” me as a fan than I’ll just move on and remember her for her past endeavors. To each their own, however I won’t support things just because she’s Celine Dion.

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,957 posts

POPULAR

Regardless of whatever this project is going to be, we know she’s about to release a brand new English album & embark on a gigantic tour!

To me, that certainly sounds like she’s not abandoning her music career! 😆

And let’s not forget that Celine Dion has done wayyyyy more concerts than pretty much any other singer these days. She is one of the greatest singers of all time and she was born to be on stage.

So if this announcement isn’t music related, let’s try to not be Debbie Downers — because there’s plenty of MUSIC coming our way!

Edited by smw, 20 August 2019 - 10:34 AM.

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

View Postsmw, on 20 August 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Regardless of whatever this project is going to be, we know she’s about to release a brand new English album & embark on a gigantic tour!

To me, that certainly sounds like she’s not abandoning her music career! 😆

And let’s not forget that Celine Dion has dome wayyyyy more concerts than pretty much any other singer these days. She is one of the greatest singers of all time and she was born to be on stage.

So if this announcement isn’t music related, let’s try to not be Debbie Downers — because there’s plenty of MUSIC coming our way!

Very true

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 8,161 posts
  • Born: 1998
I love these photos!! I love that they’re digitally distorted, it’s almost Avant Garde. It’s quite genius if you ask me. I love it and I can’t wait to see what she has to say for ET!
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

CelineTheBest5

CelineTheBest5

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24
  • 3,340 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 PM
  • Born: 1981
These photos are so cool, so fun and funny. I'm so happy for Celine, shes doing what she wants, she pleased all the fans doing what they want for about 30 years (concerts, and more concerts and more albums and albums) and now she is doing what gives pleased to herself, she´s so right! She is doing something that is challeging her and it gives for power and strength. She owes nothing to anybody! Shes happy and that is what counts! I hope she invests in this business and partner with some maison or launch your own! Some people here seems to be a baby crying, for god sake! She's 51 years old and she is about to release an album and a world tour for one year! What do you want more? Sometimes I cant believe in what I read here lol I dont know if I cry or laugh. Some people seems to be 5 yeards old!
She didnt sign a contract here to anybody that says she needs to release an album every year and do a new concert whenever people want!
Leave Celine live and be happy! Shes free!

manolo19

manolo19

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,213
  • 902 posts
  • Born: 1988
Im sick of this fashion obsession .. happy for her but seriously , music is vibrations feelings emotions, while fashion is superficial character projection .. I just want a tiny  bit of infos regarding MUSIC. There is no balance it's all fashion always  🤢 maybe the timing is wrong since we are all craving and expecting new music and everytime she has the spotlight on she just never say anything about her as a musician

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 13,555 posts

POPULAR

We are not demanding anything. Excuse me??? She is a SINGER and she is and will always be known as a SINGER, and nothing will change that. It's just normal that we as FANS of Celine Dion (the SINGER) are waiting for her to deliver simply music? Yes, that's what she's supposed to do, as that's the job she's known for.

If she wants to become the next fashion icon at 51, good for her, but don't pretend the fans (who have been supporting and taking her to the highest level) now to support overnight and applaud every fashion magazine cover and fashion event she is featured on, as we've been waiting 6 years for a new English album release and she's been teasing us with that new album for 2 years now. Thank you.

When she's been saying like a mantra "the best is yet to come" for 15 years now (and she keeps saying it to this date) maybe she should have put that into context, because the best is certainly NOT coming nor has it come to her music career in all these years, but maybe she meant on a personal level to fulfill abandoned passions like this fashion thing -_-

We have fans here who have been visiting this forum daily for nearly 20+ years and buying every single album and DVD she has put out all her career. Yes these fans have all the right to ask for new music and keep hoping for new music to come for someone who is supposed to be an artist and a singer, but strangely she's focusing too much on an extravagant fashion thing that we are not obliged to support now all of a sudden.

Edit: In addition to this, let me rephrase the "demanding" thing: I for one wouldn't be as "demanding" or naive always waiting for new music releases

1) If she wasn't taking 6 years now between each English albums now, and

2) If she wasn't performing as many crazy number of concerts as she does -_- Please let me put some emphasis on this, because there's a HUGE gap between the number of shows she does as a singer and the scarce music albums she has released since 2003 *especially in English*.

Hadn't she performed over 1,200 shows since 2003, and particularly over 500 of them during the period 2011-2019, in which she has ONLY released ONE English album, I wouldn't be saying what I'm posting now.

There's too much of something, and too little of another. She seems to have lost all interest in putting new music out, but she keeps increasing her performing activity like crazy (and only to offer clone shows one after another, with little artistic evolution may I say).

So that's basically the origin and the root of my "disappointment" here. I just can't understand her incessant activity and obsession with performing shows like a machine, but barely no interest in recording new music. My disappointment has a ground :thumbsup2:

View Postmanolo19, on 20 August 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Im sick of this fashion obsession .. happy for her but seriously , music is vibrations feelings emotions, while fashion is superficial character projection .. I just want a tiny  bit of infos regarding MUSIC. There is no balance it's all fashion always  �� maybe the timing is wrong since we are all craving and expecting new music and everytime she has the spotlight on she just never say anything about her as a musician

This!

Edited by Javito, 20 August 2019 - 11:17 AM.

elle3.jpg

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
Trust me, in 2-3 months time you will be inundated and satiated with music, everyone’s acting as if shes said the albums coming March 2022... for those who dont care about anything other than music, your time is coming, patience is a virtue

The right to complain or want new music is completely fine, but its when it gets to the stage of calling her lazy or saying shes changed negatively or just trash talking what she does in some sort of fit because its not what *you* wanted. I became a fan of all Celine things way back in 2006, i for one am excited and am happy when she does fashion related things, more or less anything excites me when its Celine related. Shes coming with a brand new world tour in a month and an album soon following, you’ll hear nothing but this new music for however long the tour lasts, but please, let people enjoy the fashionista without raining on our parade

Edited by AdrienneM, 20 August 2019 - 11:03 AM.

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 13,555 posts

View PostAdrienneM, on 20 August 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Trust me, in 2-3 months time you will be inundated and satiated with music, everyone's acting as if shes said the albums coming March 2022... for those who dont care about anything other than music, your time is comint, patience is a virtue

I'm not an optimistic with her English career anymore sorry. I would be confident and sure with that statement if we were about to receive a new French album (they're always better than her English releases since 2003), but with an English album? It's all hit and miss with her today :innocent:

Sorry to be a downer here, but I've been following her enough to have learnt not to expect anything with her English career today.

elle3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 211 user(s)

chocolatechip15, rondoc2003, Maxim Kuliev, Equinox116, alextrusca, roro, zeopower6, stéph14, Henri, ivo, Angel2006, nuts2you, jaapjan, Celinex, RosieBarron, québecflower, Thomas, dawn, Your_Su_Phu, cdurand54, Taking Chances, Only one celine, Zofia, kathyc25, CSCfan, Boy, mattia, nowanorris, nahuelsc, CelineTheBest5, Cuchi, jmiracle, Domi, Katie, duri, pepillo90, Neddo, noyau, Jeff Abbott, Javito, giannislyber, Ukrfan, Davey84, Naiomi zhannah, ryba, Jackie, TommKat22, fabricio esteves, jpatdeleon09, twk3395, DionFanAlways, isabel leite, MaiconSC, Loup_garou, scielle, koala44, sarit_celine, Daysleeper, iancobb, frankster, Nmj, bourque222, the power of celine, couldawouldashoulda, jwawesomepanda, maki_Dion-er, pat200, CelineDionForeverNY, A new day..., karalayna, mebe, pame-65, Frozen_Phoenix, Flymetothemoon, garyhollander, celinefanonline, Dane, mirage, Frenchie, laly25, superibi, GameC, selsdion, Sosof12, joaofilho, Critiaslux, Chantemoi, wayne0223, drove all night, Holborn, empress, tiniann88, Moo112, frana, HushNow, karen5, Smart17, BartFCS, Céline RO, Balao, Kian, adi dion, manolo19, sash546, MTJ, donpi86, Jeffieboi, biscuit2, stone, ajguerras, CELINO, Xpresso, Peppercorn1991, comingback, Ejion, Bell, Schwa83, IL_DINO, tessika, béné, jeremyvsl, emmanuel, Joe, celine_rox, ordinary fan, LeChauffeur100, JoshRafa21, MaxRayÎles, lyn, ssummer, Rachel_5, maria_k, sebulba, sacredceline, ewh12, smash, Kong, hugo020, No1IrishFan, sayyed, bilinkew, LVCeline, $P!K&, JulienMcbeal, brendanm999, neil1981, iza, Celine Fan 77, Igor_Moscow, n1ko, Celine-Fan, Quinyt, Lolo88, VikingSwe, soleil, Kerol, Bruno Dion, remykyes, maclen, MalaysiaCeline, jbechs, anewdayhascome, Ajax, celine5-5, takeachance, GIORGOS, jolo87, Remon, rpopowski, fred, Overjoyed, Trombones13, celinesounds, fanatik, Roland61, emi&celine, mdion2006, Alex_Incognito, Marthe23, woodstock, dorfus, mrkase, CDion05, minolli, browseceline, Bartholdemus, mariox, ImAliveUK, manu23, lost84, Thnswlsn25, marc-02, sailornic, max24, viniscand, JesusZuñigaR, ruimarques, Shamrock_1982, Rea, Andy Man, Dancing_Queen, isurrender, Edgar14, DoronTam, cdt2u, joc13, Esty, wjd, Ronny83, gocia, Sebulba1

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy