Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine Surprise Project: edgy photoshoot for CR Fashion Bookannounced on ET August 21, 2019

258 replies to this topic

Chantemoi

Chantemoi

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,842
  • 869 posts
  • Local time: 02:59 PM
  • Skin: Mobile
  • Born: 1986

POPULAR

I’m 100% in the “Let Céline be Céline” camp on this issue of Music vs. Fashion. So let me break this down for people that are having a hard time understanding...

It’s perfectly normal for her as a human (not to mention, a celebrity) to want to break free from the conventional idea people had of her for so long. Yes, this image was painstakingly designed by René, Sony, and Céline - but ship has sailed. Céline gets it, why don’t her fans?!

Her simplicity was what endeared her to the fans fall, yet made her critics laugh at her. Nobody likes to be put in a box. Clinging to “the way things used to be” is unhealthy and unrealistic. So what if she’s saying “no” to an exhausting press junket, and “yes” to silly Instagram photos shoots? That’s what works for her lifestyle now as a mother. Artists can’t follow a formula for inspiration. They have to live on the edge, surround themselves with new stimuli, and let their creativity grow organically - not by dusting off the old playbook and locking herself in a studio to record a new album like clockwork every few years. She’s been saying this for YEARS.

Ultimately she is on her own damn journey and every second of it that she shares with us (even if it’s trying to sell us handbags, baby clothes, sunscreen, chapstick) is a f***ing blessing to be cherished. One day she WILL stop singing for us, and then where will we be? Still whining?

Edited by Chantemoi, 20 August 2019 - 07:42 PM.

ryba

ryba

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,889
  • 5,756 posts
  • Local time: 09:59 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016

View PostNmj, on 20 August 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

I’m quite honestly tired of the fashion thing. I know it brings her joy but come on... let’s be quite honest we are ALL fans of the  voice and music that’s why this forum exists. Of course some people would buy a sack of crap if her name was attached to it but I refuse to. I’m a fan of the music related stuff. Not saying she can’t do as she pleases, but as “fans” of her music we don’t have to support every other project she does. I have never bought any of her perfumes, watches, sunglasses, versatile water bottles, creepy kid clothing, or bags... however I own EVERY album she put out including the snooze fests of LMBTL and Miracle.
I agree 100%
@Sony @TeamCeline  #Release The 2016, 2017 & 2018 Summer Tours On Blu-ray!!!

#The Fans demand more Celine material to be released!!! (more & longer in-studio footage on bonus DVDs)

dyusha

dyusha

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 237
  • 679 posts
  • Born: 1984
So I remember her briefly dropping this hint during the London show: “I’m not an actress. Not yet. Stay tuned”
I think it may be a movie!
I'll always be with you

ryba

ryba

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 5,756 posts

View PostJavito, on 20 August 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

We are not demanding anything. Excuse me??? She is a SINGER and she is and will always be known as a SINGER, and nothing will change that. It's just normal that we as FANS of Celine Dion (the SINGER) are waiting for her to deliver simply music? Yes, that's what she's supposed to do, as that's the job she's known for.

If she wants to become the next fashion icon at 51, good for her, but don't pretend the fans (who have been supporting and taking her to the highest level) now to support overnight and applaud every fashion magazine cover and fashion event she is featured on, as we've been waiting 6 years for a new English album release and she's been teasing us with that new album for 2 years now. Thank you.

When she's been saying like a mantra "the best is yet to come" for 15 years now (and she keeps saying it to this date) maybe she should have put that into context, because the best is certainly NOT coming nor has it come to her music career in all these years, but maybe she meant on a personal level to fulfill abandoned passions like this fashion thing -_-

We have fans here who have been visiting this forum daily for nearly 20+ years and buying every single album and DVD she has put out all her career. Yes these fans have all the right to ask for new music and keep hoping for new music to come for someone who is supposed to be an artist and a singer, but strangely she's focusing too much on an extravagant fashion thing that we are not obliged to support now all of a sudden.

Edit: In addition to this, let me rephrase the "demanding" thing: I for one wouldn't be as "demanding" or naive always waiting for new music releases

1) If she wasn't taking 6 years now between each English albums now, and

2) If she wasn't performing as many crazy number of concerts as she does -_- Please let me put some emphasis on this, because there's a HUGE gap between the number of shows she does as a singer and the scarce music albums she has released since 2003 *especially in English*.

Hadn't she performed over 1,200 shows since 2003, and particularly over 500 of them during the period 2011-2019, in which she has ONLY released ONE English album, I wouldn't be saying what I'm posting now.

There's too much of something, and too little of another. She seems to have lost all interest in putting new music out, but she keeps increasing her performing activity like crazy (and only to offer clone shows one after another, with little artistic evolution may I say).

So that's basically the origin and the root of my "disappointment" here. I just can't understand her incessant activity and obsession with performing shows like a machine, but barely no interest in recording new music. My disappointment has a ground :thumbsup2:

This!
I absolutely agree!

#The Fans demand more Celine material to be released!!! (more & longer in-studio footage on bonus DVDs)

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,913 posts
  • Local time: 03:59 PM

POPULAR

She is saying she is not the queen of fashion, but she is the boss in her life and career. She makes her own decisions and takes on the tasks that she wants to conquer. Why is everyone reading so much into this; when her words are very clear?

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,922 posts
  • Local time: 06:59 AM
"but barely no interest in recording new music"
for this i do not agree, hello she recorded more than 35 songs for the past few years..... so she's been recording .......
and for release the song it must have to do with Sony more than Celine or her team ..... so why complaining about this ..... should complain to sony music........ tell them to save some budget to shoot music videos for Celine's music and not just lyric videos.......

and yes i do want new and more music stuff....... but Celine is not just a singer lol
Courage don't you dare fail me now!
newal.jpgctswallwl.jpg

sailornic

sailornic

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 334
  • 508 posts
  • Born: 1982
this new project is not the album I would say.

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,693 posts
  • Born: 1989
I would say the new project announcement tomorrow on ET Entertainment Tonight is going to be about this photoshoot for the CR book. Now that this photoshoot is out in the open just 1 day before the new project announcement on ET, I highly doubt it will be anything further, but fingers crossed! :-D

Now that I'm thinking about it, I bet the announcement will be about the tiny comment she made in the CR interview about not ruling out a fashion empire in her future. Entertainment shows like to use clever wording and titles to hook people into watching, so we'll see I guess. I am still excited none the less!

Edited by Angel2006, 20 August 2019 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 7,802 posts
  • Local time: 03:59 AM
  • Born: 1993
So, the new “special” project will be related to fashion...

maki_Dion-er

maki_Dion-er

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,012
  • 2,040 posts
  • Born: 1990
So, a new photoshoot is out and a "surprise project" being announced/talked about tomorrow but team Celine are extremely quiet on social media. Not even a rt of the photo shoot.

Odd, to say the least. If it were something big they'd be teasing it like they did with Celinununu.

I feel like this is something quite insignificant and ET just made it seem like a big deal in their episode description to attract viewers.

Edited by maki_Dion-er, 21 August 2019 - 12:28 AM.

Ronny83

Ronny83

Va bene così, Milano?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14
  • 17,304 posts
  • Born: 1983
https://www.etonline...shion-exclusive

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,050 posts

View PostRonny83, on 21 August 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Thanks!! It's cool they showed the FOMO footage and mentioned the Courage world tour! :clap: Does anyone know where you can order this magazine?

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,050 posts

POPULAR

View Postmaki_Dion-er, on 21 August 2019 - 12:26 AM, said:

So, a new photoshoot is out and a "surprise project" being announced/talked about tomorrow but team Celine are extremely quiet on social media. Not even a rt of the photo shoot.

Odd, to say the least. If it were something big they'd be teasing it like they did with Celinununu.

I feel like this is something quite insignificant and ET just made it seem like a big deal in their episode description to attract viewers.

1. TC is never on time, they are either always too early, or too late :P
2. That is what gossip programs do... :rolleyes:

And BTW I don't get why people are complaining about this. With this project Céline is (again) talked about in the media! PUBLICITY! IMO this is much better than with TC or LMBTL when she was only in the media at the time the album came out! And soon gone, cos there were hardly any follow up interviews. Now months in advance she is talked about in the media, which puts people's attention on her. And hopefully those people will also be curious about the new music she puts out in November and buy, stream, download it then!

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 1,471 posts
  • Local time: 10:59 PM
Overall a bit disappointing but at least it gives her more exposure and makes her more popular in a good way (not because of a fail or scandal). Furthermore, I think it is a great photo shoot. She looks amazing and the fact that she is distorted hides how skinny she is so the haters can't say anything bad.

Edited by Céline RO, 21 August 2019 - 05:09 AM.

The best is yet to come...

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 16,161 posts
  • Born: 1965

View PostRonny83, on 21 August 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Um, was that the "special project" announcement from her? :unsure:

Well, I guess you're Queen, no, BOSS! when they run an "announcement" piece on a photo shoot from months earlier this year. :worthy:
How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

celinefan1985

celinefan1985

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,576
  • 488 posts

POPULAR

Omg people, get over yourselves. For too many years she was “stuck in Vegas” and your barely heard from her unless she was going on tour. And you all complained then.

Now, she’s in the limelight for her psssion for fashion. Who cares? Let the woman LIVE. People are not one-dimensional especially as we get older. I’m now in my 40’s and have been a die-hard fan since the age of 16.  I’m not the same person today as I was then. Neither is she.

Celine will ALWAYS sing.  That’s who she is at the core. But appreciate the person for what she is. Wishing that she were more into her music ain’t gonna make it so. She has songs written for her. She choses the ones she likes and she moves on between French and English albums.

That’s it. No more, no less.

scielle

scielle

Celine Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 8,242 posts
  • Born: 1982

View PostDionFanAlways, on 21 August 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

Um, was that the "special project" announcement from her? :unsure:

Well, I guess you're Queen, no, BOSS! when they run an "announcement" piece on a photo shoot from months earlier this year. :worthy:

She, or her team, never called it that.
Some ET TV guide description did, and people ran away with it. Nobody said anything about an "announcement" - that was entirely a fan invention.

joaofilho

joaofilho

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 25,368
  • 1,110 posts
I'm enjoying this new phase of Celine, she's showing up more, the media and people are enjoying it, she's being bold. I like that.

ryba

ryba

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 5,756 posts
Ok thank you, next! Lol

homerton

homerton

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,481
  • 350 posts
Can’t wait for the tour xxx

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,290
  • 1,335 posts

View Postryba, on 21 August 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Ok thank you, next! Lol

LOL:)
Well I'm just wondering about the no-smiling photos of her
might be all the models she met infected her
with this stupid thing of not smiling in the photos.
"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 6,681 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
  • Born: 1977
hahah again about fashion. Yes I think it is nice she is having fun but it is like her music comes second place lately. There is a new tour coming and no new music yet for people to hear. Everytime a artist goes on tour with a certain album people have had the time to listen to the tracks or buy the album , so when the tour comes you can enjoy the new tracks live. But with no promo at all - except flying on my own - singing complete new songs, you cannot expect the audience immediately liking the songs or enjoying them,. dancing along with them. It usually takes a listen or two or more to enjoy a song. So .. with so less time before the tour starts you would expect they show us some more. The fashion side of her, it is great she likes it so much but i wish she evolved in her music as well. That she gave more priority to her music career except being stuck in the 90s songs that her people like to hear in each and every concert. Where is the passion she used to have for making music?  It is more of passion for fashion.
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperLove4Celine

SuperLove4Celine

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,561
  • 6,316 posts
  • Local time: 12:59 PM
All I can do is roll my eyes. My interest as a Celine Dion fan is fading hardcore. The upcoming tour and album better be epic beyond words. Otherwise, some of you on here may be getting some of my collection.

Ajax

Ajax

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,006
  • 437 posts
And some others as me are re discovering her and their interest in her is increasing again. Cannot wait for the music chapter and as a whole, to continue witnessing how she is becoming a true artist with a voice that finally counts. Cannot wait also that the interest of some of those fans totally vanish so that we won't have to read the same bullshit.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 16,161 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postbrowseceline, on 21 August 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

hahah again about fashion. Yes I think it is nice she is having fun but it is like her music comes second place lately. There is a new tour coming and no new music yet for people to hear. Everytime a artist goes on tour with a certain album people have had the time to listen to the tracks or buy the album , so when the tour comes you can enjoy the new tracks live. But with no promo at all - except flying on my own - singing complete new songs, you cannot expect the audience immediately liking the songs or enjoying them,. dancing along with them. It usually takes a listen or two or more to enjoy a song. So .. with so less time before the tour starts you would expect they show us some more. The fashion side of her, it is great she likes it so much but i wish she evolved in her music as well. That she gave more priority to her music career except being stuck in the 90s songs that her people like to hear in each and every concert. Where is the passion she used to have for making music?  It is more of passion for fashion.
That’s what I’ve been saying in the Courage thread. You’re starting the “Courage” tour two months before the album is even out!! How do you expect crowd participation when it’s not even out? Do people seeing the show in Sept and Oct just get Vegas on wheels? Oh well, glad my date is in Feb 2020.

And yes people I love her as a whole person not just music however I wish she would talk about it a bit more. :heart:

Edited by DionFanAlways, 21 August 2019 - 08:05 AM.

How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

View Postbrowseceline, on 21 August 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

I think they again lost their way with the direction of the Album, delayed to Nov
and just like a bad joke, the concerts will start before people will know to sing the new songs.
All seems to be messed up, but no wonder with her useless company.

Honestly it's not time for her to go on Tour, she seems so unhealthy and lost.
All of a sudden Michael Jackson came to my mind.

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

View PostDionFanAlways, on 21 August 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

That's what I've been saying in the Courage thread. You're starting the "Courage" tour two months before the album is even out!! How do you expect crowd participation when it's not even out? Do people seeing the show in Sept and Oct just get Vegas on wheels? Oh well, glad my date is in Feb 2020.

And yes people I love her as a whole person not just music however I wish she would talk about it a bit more. :heart:

The tickets are titled "Courage" I think some new songs must be included there:)

joaofilho

joaofilho

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 25,368
  • 1,110 posts

View Postsarit_celine, on 21 August 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

I think they again lost their way with the direction of the Album, delayed to Nov
and just like a bad joke, the concerts will start before people will know to sing the new songs.
All seems to be messed up, but no wonder with her useless company.

Honestly it's not time for her to go on Tour, she seems so unhealthy and lost.
All of a sudden Michael Jackson came to my mind.
:unsure: :unsure:

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,555 posts

View Postfred, on 20 August 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Haha! Wow well observed!

I still don't get why she's against Queen, and prefers to be called Boss instead... oh well.

That was another influence from Pepe, who is constantly posting "BOSS" under every picture he posts of Celine in his instagram :innocent:

Edited by Javito, 21 August 2019 - 08:49 AM.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 6,681 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
  • Born: 1977
I have a better name for this tour - Celine Dion - After Vegas Fashionista Tour
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 211 user(s)

chocolatechip15, rondoc2003, Maxim Kuliev, Equinox116, alextrusca, roro, zeopower6, stéph14, Henri, ivo, Angel2006, nuts2you, jaapjan, Celinex, RosieBarron, québecflower, Thomas, dawn, Your_Su_Phu, cdurand54, Taking Chances, Only one celine, Zofia, kathyc25, CSCfan, Boy, mattia, nowanorris, nahuelsc, CelineTheBest5, Cuchi, jmiracle, Domi, Katie, duri, pepillo90, Neddo, noyau, Jeff Abbott, Javito, giannislyber, Ukrfan, Davey84, Naiomi zhannah, ryba, Jackie, TommKat22, fabricio esteves, jpatdeleon09, twk3395, DionFanAlways, isabel leite, MaiconSC, Loup_garou, scielle, koala44, sarit_celine, Daysleeper, iancobb, frankster, Nmj, bourque222, the power of celine, couldawouldashoulda, jwawesomepanda, maki_Dion-er, pat200, CelineDionForeverNY, A new day..., karalayna, mebe, pame-65, Frozen_Phoenix, Flymetothemoon, garyhollander, celinefanonline, Dane, mirage, Frenchie, laly25, superibi, GameC, selsdion, Sosof12, joaofilho, Critiaslux, Chantemoi, wayne0223, drove all night, Holborn, empress, tiniann88, Moo112, frana, HushNow, karen5, Smart17, BartFCS, Céline RO, Balao, Kian, adi dion, manolo19, sash546, MTJ, donpi86, Jeffieboi, biscuit2, stone, ajguerras, CELINO, Xpresso, Peppercorn1991, comingback, Ejion, Bell, Schwa83, IL_DINO, tessika, béné, jeremyvsl, emmanuel, Joe, celine_rox, ordinary fan, LeChauffeur100, JoshRafa21, MaxRayÎles, lyn, ssummer, Rachel_5, maria_k, sebulba, sacredceline, ewh12, smash, Kong, hugo020, No1IrishFan, sayyed, bilinkew, LVCeline, $P!K&, JulienMcbeal, brendanm999, neil1981, iza, Celine Fan 77, Igor_Moscow, n1ko, Celine-Fan, Quinyt, Lolo88, VikingSwe, soleil, Kerol, Bruno Dion, remykyes, maclen, MalaysiaCeline, jbechs, anewdayhascome, Ajax, celine5-5, takeachance, GIORGOS, jolo87, Remon, rpopowski, fred, Overjoyed, Trombones13, celinesounds, fanatik, Roland61, emi&celine, mdion2006, Alex_Incognito, Marthe23, woodstock, dorfus, mrkase, CDion05, minolli, browseceline, Bartholdemus, mariox, ImAliveUK, manu23, lost84, Thnswlsn25, marc-02, sailornic, max24, viniscand, JesusZuñigaR, ruimarques, Shamrock_1982, Rea, Andy Man, Dancing_Queen, isurrender, Edgar14, DoronTam, cdt2u, joc13, Esty, wjd, Ronny83, gocia, Sebulba1

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy