Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Should Céline pull another WDMHBN?when a song fades...

108 replies to this topic

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,774 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1984
When a song fades...

June 23, 1996

"WDMHBN has been part of her shows for seven years now. 'It's a magnificent song. But some nights the same words is hard work.... Some nights I feel distraught, my heart feels cold... I can change my shows regulary. But, at the same time , I have to give people what they want.' 'Then one day I realise the magic is gone. It's like I've gotten everything out of the song, all it's flavour, all it's colours. It starts to be dull and insipid, like a piece of gum you've been chewing on too long... In Toronto I felt I was completly outside the song. No matter how much I told myself I liked it... I couldn't get into it.'"

Then she talks about 'how she fell in love with the song again', but did she? She never ever sung WDHMBN after the FIY tour. It's not even featured on ATW, while it was her first big hit!

Céline's next big world tour is coming up. And as we all experienced she is s performing the same 10 year old songs on the promotion wagon... the only relief is that she didn't sing TPOL on Oprah too! Sure you must be true to your past, and not forget your old songs (while actually she did with almost 99% of them!) but don't you think it's time for Céline to pull another 'Where does my heart beat now". Be brave and say... 'NO I am not singing that song again; it is totally drained, I cannot give it anything anymore!!!'?

I fear that the songlist for the TC tour will be just like the AND one, without the old covers like IGTWOAS and I wish, but an endless run of BYLM, TLYM, TPOL, IACBTMN, LCMM and of course MHWGO. But is 'Céline still believing that her heart will go on? If it is true (and don't start that here all over again!! :nono: ) Then she has been lipping the song for 4,5 years now! That says it all doesn't it? IF these old songs has to be part of her songlist, then PLEASE make it into a medley, 2 minutes top! that's enough! I hate to leave the concert with MHWGO as the last song sung! :confused: Céline has recorded over 350 songs! Why stay with this old lot for the rest of your life? I hope Céline will be brave enough and say 'I AM WOOOOOOOMAN!!!' and tell René and the rest that she is not going to make a LTAL tour part deux! It's the Taking Chances tour... and I really hope that at least 10 songs of this magnificent album will be sung by Céline in this tour!!

What are your thoughts? Should Céline continue to sing all her old songs, or should she pull another WDMHBN?

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Elaine

Elaine

The hills are alive with the sound of music!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,730
  • 2,845 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 AM
  • Born: 1986
I agree with you on the fact that she has new songs so she could sing them, and also on that a medley would be ok for them. But thinking about the fans who have never seen her live and love one of her old songs, they would be extremely disappointed if their favorite wasn't there...  :confused: I'd feel very frustrated for example if I went to Vegas and she didn't sing Pour que tu m'aimes encore... My heart will go on I'd pass though.

But i don't think this will be the case! Taking chances and D'Elles have such wonderful songs that she'll have no space to include many old ones in the list...

Posted Image

leenylover

leenylover

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 157
  • 432 posts
  • Born: 1975
That's a good question. I think it has more to do with non die-hard fans than anything else. People who have bought the singles and the occassional album will be going to the concerts because those are the songs they love, they would be disappointed to not hear them.

I recently went to see a Prince concert. It was my first time seeing Prince live and hoped and prayed he would perform my favourite song raspberry beret. Prince first released this song in 1985, it has been a world-wide favourite for thousands of fans since then. Could you have imagined my excitement to see Prince in concert for the first time ever and hear him perform this live??? Well, he didn't.  He had, only the night before, but to keep the set interesting for him and his band, he changed the set list every night and dropped the song on the night I saw him. I wasn't devastated, it was still a great show, but I was a little disappointed. Now do you see the predicament that artists, like Prince and Celine, have? (Prince received alot of critisism in the UK at the start of his run of concerts for not performing some of his greatest hits!)

It would be hard to deny those who have paid to see their favourite artist the chance to hear their favourite songs, up close and personal, as they are probably dreaming of doing! But at the same time it has to be a stimulating show for the artist, or it looses it's spark and magic. Personally, I know it may sound selfish, but I would rather hear a not-so-heartfelt performance of my favourite song, than not hear it at all.

A very good question indeed! I'm sure many artists ask themselves this question many many times!

Love Lisa
xxx

CelineRox

CelineRox

Oh My Dion

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,201
  • 14,398 posts
  • Born: 1982
I personaly be really pissed off if she didn't sing the classics that you listed! I am dying to hear IACBTMN, TPOL, TLYM etc live. Don't get me wrong of course I want to hear some new stuff live, I'm just more excited about hearing my fav classics!  :wub:
The only classic I'm not really hoping for is MHWGO! But I think it's safe to say she will definatley sing it in the UK if not everywhere!!
Posted Image

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,774 posts
yeah I see your point of the non-die hard fans... someone when to Madonna's last tour and she didn't really like it, cos there were no old songs...

I just wish that she would alter them... not perform them like she always has... look at Lara Fabian, she often changes the musical arregements, which makes a song fresh and new again... Could you imagine IACBTMN like the Classic Paradise Mix?? :wub: but I don't think Céline will be taking chances on this tour :(

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

CelineRox

CelineRox

Oh My Dion

• Channel Addicts
  • 14,398 posts

View PostDavey84, on Nov 16 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

yeah I see your point of the non-die hard fans... someone when to Madonna's last tour and she didn't really like it, cos there were no old songs...

I just wish that she would alter them... not perform them like she always has... look at Lara Fabian, she often changes the musical arregements, which makes a song fresh and new again... Could you imagine IACBTMN like the Classic Paradise Mix?? :wub: but I don't think Céline will be taking chances on this tour :(

Well I'm a die hard fan, but I would still rather hear old classics!  
Please don't say that about IACBTMN!!!  :nono: That would kill me!!  :laugh:  :P

Edited by CelineRox, 16 November 2007 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

marckvls

marckvls

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,667
  • 548 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 PM
  • Born: 1990
She just can't take these songs off.. Well, I'm not completely sure if that's because I adore TLYM and TPOL :P
But the medley idea is great. She should do two medleys: A french one, and an english one [Including MHWGO]

By the way, there's space enough to insert the medleys!

Love comes to those who believe it...

Dionesque

Dionesque

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,681
  • 3,785 posts
  • Born: 1979
Actually it woukln't be bad if Céline would do the same as Prince and change her set list from show to show! :D

But in the other hand I don't think she will. I guess she will sing one song here and an another there - for example I'm almost sure she'll sing "Think Twice" in the UK and (to my HUGE regret) I'm almost she won't sing this song elsewhere... :(

As for "MHWGO", well, I know there will surely be maaaany people coming to the show esp. because this particular show but as for me this one would be perfect one to be pulled! I can imagine she is being fed up after singing it during her LATL tour and than every single evening in Vegas!

I haven't heard this one live but ok, I haven't heard any of her song live as I have never seen Céline live on stage... so just let her TAKE CHANCES and pull MHWGO!!

Image IPB

Visit me on Facebook Image IPB

• 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum
J'étais là pour toi, Céline! Image IPB
Why has Javito been silenced ???

CelineRox

CelineRox

Oh My Dion

• Channel Addicts
  • 14,398 posts
OMG I am praying she will sing Think Twice!  :wub:
Posted Image

KimboCosmo

KimboCosmo

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 10,685
  • 15,948 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 AM
I love hearing her classics, but perhaps in a medley and not the entire song.  Maybe 5 mins of medley going through all the top hits throughout the years and then on to the new stuff!   :flowers:

Posted Image

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams."

Visit Celinerific.com today!

Kian

Kian

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,363
  • 787 posts
  • Born: 1980
Paris next year will be my first Celine concert and even though I haven't heard any of the old songs live before (and I do love them) I would rather hear new songs. I don't mind if she sings couple of old ones (like I said, I will hear them for the first time so I'll enjoy them) but I hope that she won't sing mostly her old hits and only a song or two from the new albums. There are so many great songs on Taking Chances and D'elles and I will be very disappointed if she choose to ignore them in favor of the old songs she sang million times before. I agree, medley would be a great thing plus 4 or 5 old songs, but not more than that. Of course I'm pretty sure that won't happen.  I wonder if she has the strength NOT to sing Love can move mountains on this tour  :hmm:  :giggle: . Of course, you cannot expect her not to sing MHWGO. It's her trademark song and it will be part of every tour she makes just like Pour que tu m'aimes encore will be for the French speaking countries.

Dionesque

Dionesque

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts
I don't really like medleys...

I prefer her to sing 3-4 classics in full lenght and pride and then the rest new stuff from "TCH" and "D'elles".

And I'm PRAYING to hear "Think Twice" on at least ONE show I'm going to see!!!!! And than I'll die......

Image IPB

lyn

lyn

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,816
  • 922 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • Born: 1987
i feel like though WDMHBN may have lost all its meaning for her, though MHWGO is boring, it's still contextually relevant, I guess, in her life. I suppose aside from having sung WDMHBD to death, i don't feel the words meant anything more to her after Rene etc. i have no idea.
Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.
New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

CDI

CDI

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,747
  • 721 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM
I think she should dropa few hits and do a few album tracks like US or THEN YOU LOOK AT ME, maybe even something uptempo like RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU...  would make a change!
<iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indaba...1d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>

WaterFromTheMoon

WaterFromTheMoon

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,110
  • 1,075 posts
  • Born: 1985
for my part, I'd looooove to hear Think Twice...it's been a very long time she performed that song...I keep on praying :-)

ByuSmurf

ByuSmurf

MAMA B

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 235
  • 3,475 posts
  • Born: 1962
You know she won't pull MHWGO - unfortunately it has become her signature song!

I can't believe there isn't a soul on Earth that is not SICK of this song!!

But, I digress!  

I just hope she sings MORE FRENCH SONGS!!!  

A Combo D'elles/TC Tour!!!

Posted Image

Célinefull

Célinefull

they call her minnie from Trinidad.

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,168
  • 6,761 posts
  • Local time: 11:03 PM
  • Born: 1989
I'd still love to see her perform something random like c'est pour toi or un amour pour moi...like the article says, she has recorded sooo many songs but she performs so very little of them, ever!

I personally would be dissapointed if she sang stuff like MHWGO or BYLM in full through the concert...because she's performed those songs so many times before.

Posted Image

salsacolin

salsacolin

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,161
  • 621 posts

View PostCelineRox, on Nov 16 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

I personaly be really pissed off if she didn't sing the classics that you listed! I am dying to hear IACBTMN, TPOL, TLYM etc live. Don't get me wrong of course I want to hear some new stuff live, I'm just more excited about hearing my fav classics!  :wub:
The only classic I'm not really hoping for is MHWGO! But I think it's safe to say she will definatley sing it in the UK if not everywhere!!

She wont sing TLYM live - she never has on tour. It was lipped on the FIY and LTAL tours. I would LOOOOOOVE her to sing it live.

I agree in that people will expect the classics but I think she will sing a fair amount off the new album

I hope she only sings The Power Of Love, It's All Coming Back To Me Now, Beauty and The Beast, Because You Loved me and My Heart Will Go On out of the classics (PLEASE no more Love Can Move Mountains and To Love You More lipped version)

In the UK she will do Think Twice

I hope she also sings some oldies like WDMHBN
I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........

Glasgow SECC, November 1996
Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999
Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005
An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007
Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008
London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008
Birmingham NIA  - 10 May 2008
Nice, France - 5 July 2008

celinerific

celinerific

The Celine Machine!

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,184
  • 10,648 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 AM
  • Born: 1992
Oh yes. She must throw in classics. :yes:

Posted Image

@ErikaTran |  Insta: aireexwp |  erikatran.com

GoldenLeaf

GoldenLeaf

☼ ☆ Celinator 4ever ☆ ☼

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 290
  • 5,680 posts
I hope she'll sing songs like WDMHBN, Unison, Beauty and The Beast, All By Myself and full version of TPOL :wub: :D

Posted Image

Esty

Esty

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,329
  • 1,562 posts
If Celine by all means wanted to perform her old hits on the tour, she should change the arrangement, make those songs rock songs, add more guitars and drums...or something to make those songs edgier. Or a 4-5 minute medley of old songs would also be a good solution. An acoustic medley like on the ACDS concert!

Dionesque

Dionesque

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts
The acoustic medley during LATL tour was ok but I didn't liked the background vocal arrangements... If she has to do a medley, let her sing is alone, without any background - just a guitar and/or piano and her. ;)

And I'm still praying for "Think Twice" at the shows outside the UK too!!! As for me, she doesn't need to sing any other classics but this one!!!... I know, sounds pretty selfish... ;)

Image IPB

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,759 posts
  • Born: 1986
Everyone knocks MY HEART WILL GO ON, when in reality, without that song, Celine would not be as big as she is today based on her songs prior to MHWGO. That song made people go see TITANIC People don't associate the song with the movie, they associate the movie with THE SONG. The song trumps the movie. It's her signature song, it's not unfortunate as it is a beautifully written song. I would like her to perform it acoustic like she did on the CBS special for the "A NEW DAY HAS COME" album. It was phenomenal. Yes, songs like THE POWER OF LOVE and BECAUSE YOU LOVED me were huge for Celine, but not nearly as big as MY HEART WILL GO ON. As she has stated, I don't remember if it was a print interview, or a television interview that she is a little tired of it, I don't think she would EVER pull it from her repetoir as it is her signature song, which pulled in a HUGE piece of her fanbase. And I guarantee, like a lot of you always do, would complain either way. Whether she sang the song or not. Either you'd be pissed because she sang it, or you'd criticize her for not doing it. Celine can't win with some of you here, and honestly that's not fair. I understand that you're just voicing your opinion, that's what this forum is here for. But you end up making it a double standard at the end of the day.

Edited by CelinesDIVO5, 17 November 2007 - 02:53 AM.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Celinemaniac

Celinemaniac

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,988
  • 593 posts
  • Local time: 03:03 PM
I hope Celine has a concept in this show! I can't be one song after the other one more time! There will probably be some dancers on the stage too. I'd like her old classic hits to be rearranged in a really modern way (electronic music, acoustic versions etc). I don't really like Madonna, but her tours are pretty much "coherent".

- I wish Celine could do a dance remix medley of her early French songs (D'Amour Ou D'Amitié, C N'Etait Qu'Un Rêve, La Religieuse, Je Ne Veux Pas, Incognito, etc) and have it also resealed as a B-Side in an upcoming French single.

- Imagine also a dance part with songs like: Did You Give Enough Love, Sorry For Love, Real Emotion, Just A Little Bit Of Love etc (A sound like Kylie Minogue)

- I think she needs some rest of the classics she sung night after night in A New Day. She has so many other classics almost never sung live: Just Walk Away, Je Danse Dans Ma Tête, I Love You Goodbye...

I don't think we have to wait for something more, because everything is being prepared very quickly and I don't see Celine very involved in all of this. That's the main problem I can see, and it makes me really sad!!! :confused: She trusts other people who know to do properly their work, but where is Celine in all of this??? :ermm:
Posted Image
   Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook

rathnakumar

rathnakumar

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,020
  • 1,102 posts
  • Local time: 05:33 PM
  • Born: 1988
What sing is this WDMHBN! I can't get the name how much ever I try!  :shrug:
1378779_10153372147700118_641117383_n.jpg

LVCeline

LVCeline

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 295
  • 1,272 posts
  • Local time: 05:03 AM
Of all her fantastic songs, I'm so sad that she's played out WDMHBN because it's my favorite song of hers!  I so wish she'd sing it again in concert.  I think TPOL should be scrapped, I'm disgusted by the lipped version, I can't even listen to it.  TPOL and LCMM need to be retired if you ask me, but her other ones are fair game still.  MHWGO needs to continue because it's her most well known song, and quite frankly a really pretty song as long as it's not the track in Vegas.  I can't even express how excited I am about next year getting to hear all new songs in concert from her and not the Vegas tracklist!

rathnakumar

rathnakumar

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,020
  • 1,102 posts
  • Local time: 05:33 PM
  • Born: 1988
I meant SONG!
1378779_10153372147700118_641117383_n.jpg

Prince Whiskers

Prince Whiskers

Emancipation of Lady CelDi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,846
  • 3,508 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 PM
Does anyone really think the USUAL Celine fan will be paying top dollars NOT to hear her staple songs but PRIMARILY to experience the songs from her flop album D'elles and TCH which is reportedly not doing that well. There are more people buying the concert tickets than those purchasing TCH. Go figure.
Posted Image

tal-sh2

tal-sh2

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,328
  • 2,530 posts
  • Born: 1993
I accept with you. Celine need to have some changes. Like more French songs in the French countrys.
And I didn't knew about that article. Thank you. :flowers:
"These walls keep a secret, That only we know..."
Posted Image
Sorry for my English.

Celinemaniac

Celinemaniac

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,988
  • 593 posts
  • Local time: 03:03 PM

View Postrathnakumar, on Nov 17 2007, 04:07 PM, said:

What sing is this WDMHBN! I can't get the name how much ever I try!  :shrug:

It's Where Does My Heart Beat Now ("Unison" album, 1990)
Posted Image
   Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 106 user(s)

comingback, nuts2you, aaa.bcd642, Katie, Celinex, ordinary fan, twk3395, jpatdeleon09, noyau, jeremyvsl, Zofia, queenofvegas, pat200, neil1981, rfkavanagh, nowanorris, ewh12, Javito, hoosierito, CelineDionForeverNY, ivo, Loup_garou, chs, SantiagoColorado, couldawouldashoulda, québecflower, mattia, pepillo90, Céline RO, duri, Davey84, hugo020, Neddo, Cuchi, DionFanAlways, felicia, Celine Fan 77, wayne0223, juls75, Céline21985, marc-02, MTJ, ajguerras, MaxRayÎles, Sosof12, celine5-5, chassyeah, Taking Chances, sarit_celine, Smart17, Mark_Rdam, Del, Esty, Holborn, meow, Ejion, Remon, Ukrfan, Angel2006, Frenchie, Nmj, isabel leite, Peppercorn1991, Annajensen, Chantemoi, AdrienneM, Rachel_5, Henri, scielle, Daysleeper, blueangel92, Joe, Critiaslux, maki_Dion-er, ssummer, justinecoria, idroveallnight, Alex_Incognito, mdion2006, sayyed, minolli, mebe, joaofilho, empress, brendanm999, HushNow, Celine-Fan, emmanuel, GIORGOS, alextrusca, Overjoyed, Schwa83, CSCfan, viniscand, Bell, CelineFan1996, BartFCS, maria_k, dorfus, manolo19, Jackie, Bartholdemus, celinefanonline, bilinkew, celinesounds, Lolo88

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy