Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Mega rare Celine's LP Les Oiseaux Du Bonheur Test Pressing MINTCollector LP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

proy14000

proy14000

• Members
    • Member ID: 37,265
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 03:02 PM
  • Born: 1969
Hello everyone,
Let me introduce myself : my name is Pascal, i live in Normandy France, near the cities of Caen and Bayeux. I am a jazz amateur, i collect lps from the period of 1955 to 1965 (Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Lee Morgan, Clifford Brown, ..).
I recently had the opportunity to buy a lot of lp in wich some were jazz and some where other artists.
The LPs were sold by relatives of a former employee of PATHE MARCONI-EMI (music house), wich worked in the Studios of Boulogne Billancourt, rue de Sèvres, near Paris, during the years 1970 to 1990. The Beatles and The Rolling Stones did record in this studio. PATHE MARCONI-EMI was the owner of the music labels : Columbia, Capitol Records, Blue Note Records (most famous label for Jazz amateurs ...). It was bought by Universal Music in 2011.
These lps are from the personnal collection of this employee. He used to keep one copy of many disks that have been produced during this period.
It appears that PATHE MARCONI-EMI is the production house of Celine's music, at least during the years around 1984, 1985.
So i have many Celine's lp in my lot. All are in MINT condition, absolutely perfect for the cover and the record, as they were never put in the circuit of distribution, they were given to this studio employee by the record pressing house directly, and then stored in what appears to be perfect condictions during all these years.
Among them, there is this one, wich is very rare : it is the Test Pressing (TP) of Celine's Album : "Les Oiseaux Du Bonheur", 1984.
A test pressing is a very short serie of lp, beetween 5 and 10 records, wich are pressed from the Matrix, once it is ready, to validate this Matrix and then begin the production of thousands of records. Those records are distributed to the Artist, the Producer and the Studio Employee in charge of this production.
35 years later, it is possible that it is the only copy that may have survived. And moreover, in an exceptionnal condition. It is with the cover here, sometimes there are no cover.
I have over records from Celine from this period in Mint conditions, but only one Test Pressing, this one.
I have other Test Pressing from other artists : Paul Mc Cartney, Julien Clerc, Michel Berger, Suite for Solo Cello by Paul Tortelier, ... all from EMI music, Capitol Records.
Thanks for reading.
Pascal

Attached Files

Edited by proy14000, 06 May 2019 - 10:49 PM.

pame-65

pame-65

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,174
  • 561 posts
  • Local time: 01:02 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1989
WOUAHHH Magnifique pièce de collection.

Vendez vous certaines pièces ?

proy14000

proy14000

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hello,
Thanks for your interest.
I wanted to show this record because you don't see this kind of thing everyday
Selling here is contrary to the forum rules, that i respect.
Pascal

proy14000

proy14000

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi,
I did a video that allows you to see that record
Fell free to watch

Cheers,
Pascal

proy14000

proy14000

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hello everyone,

I am selling this record, the lot of several dozens of records i bought was quite expensive, i have to recover some money.

It is now on ebay, ending monday 27 may at around noon (french time).

One bid, it will be sold.

No other ones.

Thanks for reading.

Pascal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)

CSchmidt, lily94, arnoglow, Del, wayne0223, maclen, Taking Chances, Shaun, Bruno Dion, Alex_Incognito, tomantha, tiniann88, lovecel97, alvick53, Joe, pame-65, Davey84, alextrusca, Flymetothemoon, Roland61, CelineDionForeverNY, Hilda, Javito, proy14000, Overjoyed, Celine-Express, Boy, Igor_Moscow, oiseaudubonheur, celinefanonline, MusicCollection, CELINE MARIE, Henri, tal-sh2, dawn, OzanDgr, Frenchie, Celine Fan 77, Daysleeper, Der_Griffon

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy