Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Singers likely to appeal most to Celine fans?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 36,522
  • 11 posts
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1970
I figured this was the best place to ask this: I was wondering which singers people thought were the most Celine-like in general or are the most likely to appeal to a Celine fan who has everything by her and wants more along similar lines in a sense at least in terms of a female with a powerful voice and good range.

I would guess that most people might agree on Lara Fabian, Linda Eder or Edyta Gorniak and wondered which other singers you might put in this category (without arguing about who is the best please).

Others I often hear mentioned as appealing to fans more broadly in different ways are Regine Velasquez, Pastora Soler, Laura Pausini, Anggun, Ani Lorak, Delta Goodrem and perhaps Tarja Turunen, Anneke Van Giersbergen etc.

Of course there's always Barbra, Mariah, Christina and Whitney but I am more looking for suggestions of people who might not be well as known in the Anglophone world or who possibly are not singing in English as well.

Any others you strongly feel should be considered?

Thanks!

Roland61

Roland61

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,666
  • 77 posts
  • Local time: 04:53 AM
  • Born: 1961
One of interesting singer could be Joana Zimmer from Germany. She has released five albums, her songs are in english language. She has a wonderful voice, you can find some videos from her on Youtube.

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View PostRoland61, on 14 November 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

One of interesting singer could be Joana Zimmer from Germany. She has released five albums, her songs are in english language. She has a wonderful voice, you can find some videos from her on Youtube.

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have any others? Are you familiar with the singers I mentioned in my post as well (besides the obvious ones)?

Roland61

Roland61

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,666
  • 77 posts
  • Born: 1961
Hello,
I know Lara Fabian, Laura pausini and Delta Goodrem, the others not.
One other with an interesting voice is Ella Endlich, but she sings in german language.

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View PostRoland61, on 14 November 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Hello,
I know Lara Fabian, Laura pausini and Delta Goodrem, the others not.
One other with an interesting voice is Ella Endlich, but she sings in german language.

Thanks I am listening to Ella Endlich now and if you have any other suggestions for German language singers, I would appreciate more of those too.

I think you might enjoy Edyta Gorniak and Linda Eder and maybe could try some songs by Regine Velasquez, Pastora Soler, Laura Pausini, Anggun, Ani Lorak, Delta Goodrem and perhaps Tarja Turunen, Anneke Van Giersbergen (these last two do a very wide range of things so it might depend on what you pick).

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,385
  • 6,777 posts
  • Local time: 05:53 AM
  • Born: 1993
I highly recommend Mónica Naranjo. She has one of the five best voices in the world according to New York Times.

Blog.png

'Sans Attendre Tour' Paris [1-12-2013]

'Tournée Été' Antwerp [20-06-2016]

'Celine Live' Birmingham [27-07-2017]

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View PostCeline Fan 77, on 15 November 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I highly recommend Mónica Naranjo. She has one of the five best voices in the world according to New York Times.

Definitely! I forgot to list her but I completely agree. Do many people on here like her?

Lately she has been in Mexico singing with several other singers who might also appeal to Celine fans like Dulce and Rocío Banquells

Any other suggestions?

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,942
  • 505 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 AM
  • Born: 1982
Tina Arena ...her recent albums Reset [2013] and Eleven [2015] were really good.
LeAnn Rimes ...shes country though ...also, havnt heard good music from her for ages
Delta Goodrem

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View Postrakesh, on 15 November 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Tina Arena ...her recent albums Reset [2013] and Eleven [2015] were really good.
LeAnn Rimes ...shes country though ...also, havnt heard good music from her for ages
Delta Goodrem

Thanks for the post. Any more suggestions?

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

View Postmediterraneo, on 16 November 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the post. Any more suggestions?

Adele ...only coz she sings ballads
Kelly Clarkson ... considering she sings pop-rock
Elisa ...shes comtemporary-pop with some classical roots. i like her song "Dancing"

Jennifer Paige ...shes got one hit with "Crush" and shes no big vocalist like Celine Dion. but shes a good singer & i like her voice. she needs better songs; her music is too sugary pop

Joanna Pacitti ...ive got one album of hers. more like teen pop

Paola & Chiara ...not comparable to Celine; but i like this song

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View Postrakesh, on 17 November 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Adele ...only coz she sings ballads
Kelly Clarkson ... considering she sings pop-rock
Elisa ...shes comtemporary-pop with some classical roots. i like her song "Dancing"

Jennifer Paige ...shes got one hit with "Crush" and shes no big vocalist like Celine Dion. but shes a good singer & i like her voice. she needs better songs; her music is too sugary pop

Joanna Pacitti ...ive got one album of hers. more like teen pop

Paola & Chiara ...not comparable to Celine; but i like this song

Thanks for the post. If you like Italian pop you might check out Giorgia and of course the classic Mina.

I think think they are the 2 standout vocalists from that part of the world in popular music.

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,037
  • 1,155 posts
  • Born: 1988
I'd recommend Loreen. The Swedish girl who won Eurovision with Euphoria. Her album Heal is pretty good, it's on Spotify. I used to listen to it a lot. I love the whole sound of the album. The whole vibe is just great, and I love her voice.

I like this song a lot. Everytime.

Sarah Connor also has his song From Sarah With Love that I used to love. She released an album called Green Eyed Soul that I used to listen to a lot in the A New Day Has Come days. Something to check out maybe. ^_^

I have a few more suggestions. I'll post them a little later.

Posted Image

mediterraneo

mediterraneo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

View PostTaking Chances, on 19 November 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'd recommend Loreen. The Swedish girl who won Eurovision with Euphoria. Her album Heal is pretty good, it's on Spotify. I used to listen to it a lot. I love the whole sound of the album. The whole vibe is just great, and I love her voice.

I like this song a lot. Everytime.

Sarah Connor also has his song From Sarah With Love that I used to love. She released an album called Green Eyed Soul that I used to listen to a lot in the A New Day Has Come days. Something to check out maybe. ^_^

I have a few more suggestions. I'll post them a little later.

Thanks for those suggestions. You mentioned you had a few others too; what were those?

Thanks!

tiniann88

tiniann88

Celine Fanatic

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 29,720
  • 345 posts
  • Local time: 11:53 PM

View Postrakesh, on 15 November 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Delta Goodrem

LeAnn Rimes has had some excellent music out over the years. Especially her latest album Remnants.

https://www.youtube...._DJX69TGTHG3Lss

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,160
  • 2,413 posts
  • Born: 1984
oh god i love loreen yeah - not her newest album tho

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

View Posttiniann88, on 29 December 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

LeAnn Rimes has had some excellent music out over the years. Especially her latest album Remnants.

https://www.youtube...._DJX69TGTHG3Lss

Gee!! thanx  :) :)  . i never bothered to listen to "Remnants" coz i didnt really care for the single "Love is Love is Love" that was released ...i didnt really like the "Spitfire" album or "Lady and Gentlemen", so i thought "Remnants" was gonna be blehh as well. but im glad i listened to it; there were some really great songs in it "I Couldn't Do That to Me", "Mother", "Do It Wrong With Me" ...ordered the album online already.

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
these r some of the songs that made me LOVE LeAnn

This Life

I Need You (whatever happened to the good quality video that was on youtube)

How Do I Live

And It Feels Like

Nothing Better To Do

Nothin' Bout Love Makes Sense

...and her VOICE here.. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: she was only 15 or 16 at this time

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

View Postmediterraneo, on 18 November 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the post. If you like Italian pop you might check out Giorgia and of course the classic Mina.

I think think they are the 2 standout vocalists from that part of the world in popular music.

not into Italian pop mate... i happen to see Paole & Chiara's "Viva El Amor" video, thought they were super hot. so i youtubed them and sorta bumbed into "Amoremidai" :wub: :wub: :wub:   broke the replay button coz i couldnt get the melody off of my head... there is an English version too
You Give Me Love

but the lyrics r so badly written it could rival Celine's "Ziggy" (English Version) :-D :-D :-D  ...so i stuck to "Amoremidai". play this while u drive through a motorway/highway :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Unisono

Unisono

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 35,009
  • 323 posts
  • Born: 1984
These are a few amazing italian singers (I'm not going to mention Laura Pausini since she's my Italian Celine Dion).

Anna Oxa: quando nasce un amore... Listen to it till the final climax!!

Lisa: Sempre (later sung by Helene Segara in french) and Oceano (later sung by Josh Groban)

Aisa: she has a velvet voice.

Natalie: in punta di piedi

L'aura: many beautiful songs!

Carmen Consoli: blunotte. This live version goes straight to your heart.

Annalisa Scarrone

Giusy Ferreri and her best song (according to me)

And many more!

tiniann88

tiniann88

Celine Fanatic

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 29,720
  • 345 posts
  • Local time: 11:53 PM

View Postrakesh, on 08 January 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Gee!! thanx  :) :)  . i never bothered to listen to "Remnants" coz i didnt really care for the single "Love is Love is Love" that was released ...i didnt really like the "Spitfire" album or "Lady and Gentlemen", so i thought "Remnants" was gonna be blehh as well. but im glad i listened to it; there were some really great songs in it "I Couldn't Do That to Me", "Mother", "Do It Wrong With Me" ...ordered the album online already.

The remixes for Love Is Love Is Love are so much better than the album version in my opinion.  It took a long time for Spitfire and Lady & Gentlemen to grow on me... and I still don't listen to the whole albums. I feel like these albums suffered so much because of the scandals she was in at the time. But they are still better than Family. Family is my least favorite album of hers.  I guess I need to stop comparing it to This Woman but... yeah Family is bleh for me.

I'm glad you like Remnants.

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

View Postmediterraneo, on 26 November 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Thanks for those suggestions. You mentioned you had a few others too; what were those?

Thanks!

I totally forgot about this thread. Sorry! People might like Trine Rein. She's a Norwegian artist that had a couple of big albums here in the 90's.

Her album Finders Keepers gives me very much The Colour of My love vibes. Obviously it's not that good, but the album came out in 1993, and the music is very similar. I just listened to her again and I forgot how beautiful her actually voice is.

Posted Image

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

View PostTaking Chances, on 11 March 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

I totally forgot about this thread. Sorry! People might like Trine Rein. She's a Norwegian artist that had a couple of big albums here in the 90's.

Her album Finders Keepers gives me very much The Colour of My love vibes. Obviously it's not that good, but the album came out in 1993, and the music is very similar. I just listened to her again and I forgot how beautiful her actually voice is.

[media]https://youtu.be/7-L...nUCxiDbo[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/Tzp...c3tAMng4[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/eZq...kdhjtyD0[/media]

speaking of "Just Missed the Train", Kelly Clarkson did it better (sorry for being annoying; couldnt help it :-D :-D )

of course the original Danielle Brisebois version is great

Carly Smithson was good too:

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

View Postrakesh, on 13 March 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

speaking of "Just Missed the Train", Kelly Clarkson did it better (sorry for being annoying; couldnt help it :-D :-D )

of course the original Danielle Brisebois version is great

Carly Smithson was good too:

Haha, well you like what you like. I think Kelly is great, but I hate that cover. I hadn't heard it in years, and I was reminded of why just now, lol. Trine's version is the original and the one I like best. I was a kid when I first heard it, and it was always one of those songs that I stopped and listened to.

For some reasons I don't like any of the covers of that song. It's just too much, my mind just goes..."You sing it all wrong, and what's with all these instruments?"

Edited by Taking Chances, 14 March 2019 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

rakesh

rakesh

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

View PostTaking Chances, on 14 March 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Haha, well you like what you like. I think Kelly is great, but I hate that cover. I hadn't heard it in years, and I was reminded of why just now, lol. Trine's version is the original and the one I like best. I was a kid when I first heard it, and it was always one of those songs that I stopped and listened to.

For some reasons I don't like any of the covers of that song. It's just too much, my mind just goes..."You sing it all wrong, and what's with all these instruments?"

oh sorry i thought Danielle Brisebois released it first. She was the song writer. i still like Kelly's pop-rock version better :-D :-D :-D

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

View Postrakesh, on 28 March 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

oh sorry i thought Danielle Brisebois released it first. She was the song writer. i still like Kelly's pop-rock version better :-D :-D :-D

I see you're completely right. :blush:  I even Googled it before my last post to check. Obviously I didn't do a good enough job. Sorry, lol.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 43 user(s)

Balao, Esty, rakesh, cdfan32, Bell, Moleque20, Roland61, Taking Chances, BartFCS, québecflower, tiniann88, comingback, giannislyber, maria_k, GameC, Sebulba1, celinesounds, TommKat22, mediterraneo, Alex_Incognito, celinefanonline, Zofia, abadi, ivo, Davey84, Hilda, chassyeah, Dionism, Black Kitten, frana, OzanDgr, aaa.bcd642, Boy, anewdayhascome, CSCfan, nuts2you, kellyfan161, Henri, Flymetothemoon, Celine Fan 77, chs, Jeff Abbott, maclen

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy