Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

No more Meet and Greet in Europe

144 replies to this topic

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,339
  • 6,908 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1978
So I saw a message that Céline will not be able to fulfill the meet and greet requests for Célines Europea Tour.
There are too many backstage activities impacting Célines daily schedule, particularly her pre-show preparation.

And it's signed by Team Céline.

If this is true, well I'm very sad about this :( VERY sad :(

edit: Just saw that The Red Heads were just posting this as well :cry:

edit again: fans are now receiving emails from Team Céline, so this is confirmed

Edited by angelil78, 30 June 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Alison_Loves_Celine

Alison_Loves_Celine

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,423
  • 775 posts
  • Local time: 04:41 AM
  • Born: 1975
:(

Edited by Alison_Loves_Celine, 30 June 2017 - 02:37 PM.

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts
There have been rumors about Céline being nasty toward fans this year and not giving them much attention unless there are cameras rolling.

I DON'T believe that rumor. I always find Céline incredible nice, even spending time with fans in the middle of the night.

But this is going to fuel the rumor mill sadly.

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 12,300 posts
  • Local time: 05:41 AM
  • Born: 1985
Disappointed. So disappointed. It's not like she's going to be forever in Europe touring right? It's only a six weeks stay :down:

And of course, Vegas will still have those M&G after this, for loads of people who most of them don't even care... :down:

Posted Image

"Et je t'aime encore... comme dans les chansons banales..."

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

Javito, on 30 June 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Disappointed. So disappointed. It's not like she's going to be forever in Europe touring right? It's only a six weeks stay :down:

And of course, Vegas will still have those M&G after this, for loads of people who most of them don't even care... :down:

EXACTLY!!! I'm incredible disappointed.  I would lie if I hadn't had a lot of "dust" in my eyes.

I think this it a terrible decision from the Team!

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,151
  • 519 posts

angelil78, on 30 June 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

There have been rumors about Céline being nasty toward fans this year and not giving them much attention unless there are cameras rolling.

I DON'T believe that rumor. I always find Céline incredible nice, even spending time with fans in the middle of the night.

But this is going to fuel the rumor mill sadly.

Where did you read that?
That's the first time I've ever heard something like that about Céline, so I wouldn't be inclined to believe it either.
Besides, aren't there always cameras rolling nowadays? :P

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts
Exactly!!!

Someone told me who was in Paris. Didn't read it anywhere. BUT that same person said that Céline was being condescending to that Thai guy that got the LP autograph at the concert.
I did not agree with that, didn't think she was was condescending or rude at all. So I guess we all have different view on how we see people.

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Ok, then I'm pretty sure this person just can't 'read' Céline very well, because I happen to think she handled that situation brilliantly.

Honestly, what do people expect of her? Like the woman that was pretty much demanding an autograph the other day... sometimes I'm afraid Céline will get tired of so-called 'fans' abusing her kindness... 😢

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

Dancing_Queen, on 30 June 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Ok, then I'm pretty sure this person just can't 'read' Céline very well, because I happen to think she handled that situation brilliantly.

Honestly, what do people expect of her? Like the woman that was pretty much demanding an autograph the other day... sometimes I'm afraid Céline will get tired of so-called 'fans' abusing her kindness... ��

Oh yeah she handled that very well. I mean she was giving HIM an autograph with thousands of people in the arena waiting for her to entertain THEM.  She could so easily just have ignored him. But instead she granted his wish.

And yeah, I'm afraid she will or is tired of all the demanding fans. Some are very rude actually. It's sad :(

I'm going to be standing outside her hotel, at least for July 4th. Not sure I can do it the other days (bad back!) and I won't get any attention from her because I'm not one of those fans that screams or try to grab her. .. maybe that's why she's not even getting very close to them on her way to the shows. She just walks by and lets everyone take a photo. sigh.. oh and few autographs.. I'm going to have to bring something for her to sign then lol

But I'm trying to see this with positive mind. At least I won't be anxious on the day of the concerts if I'll get a meet and greet and I won't be sad to see meet and greet pics from an event I was denied ;)  right?

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 6,710 posts
  • Born: 1982
I literally just sold a rare piece of my Celine memorabilia yesterday to be able to afford another ticket ( which I got last night ) to hopefully give me another chance to finally, possibly, get an opportunity to have a m&g with her.

I hope they change this as the tour comes to an end as I'm attending again 1 month today or I will be totally devastated! :(
My 30th Birthday video from forum members, friends and contacts :)

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

View PostShamrock_1982, on 30 June 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

I literally just sold a rare piece of my Celine memorabilia yesterday to be able to afford another ticket ( which I got last night ) to hopefully give me another chance to finally, possibly, get an opportunity to have a m&g with her.

I hope they change this as the tour comes to an end as I'm attending again 1 month today or I will be totally devastated! :(

Oh that's so sad :(  omg.  :(  

But yeah I feel your pain. I actually did buy tickets for all 4 shows, maxing everything I had, to have more chance to meet Céline actually.  Not that I'll regret attending the shows. But at least we had SOME chance.. but no more :(

I have a feeling that if she grants a m&g in Germany and UK later in the tour, it's going to upset a LOT of people that saw her in France.

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 24,864 posts
  • Born: 1984
I'm sorry but Celine is in no way obligated to give a M&G to anyone who bought a ticket.

If the sole reason of going to  more shows is to have more chance of having a M&G, I think you're going for the wrong reason...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 18,981
  • 6,440 posts

View PostShamrock_1982, on 30 June 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Surely you're going for the concert, and the m&g would have been a bonus? And there's no guarantee you'd have got one, as they said it was a lottery system. Unless that's still a load of rubbish (for the most part) and it's still more who you know. Which would upset a few people on here I think. No not me - didn't try for a m&g.
Thinking about it though, didn't TC say before the tour she wasn't doing any? Did I remember that correctly?
I say to those of you interested, still try. It's only 1 email. See what happens.

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 6,710 posts
  • Born: 1982
I didn't say that... as I will enjoy the show regardless but, at the same time you can only put a request in for a m&g if you have a ticket and let's face it she's not often in the UK so why not.

In Vegas she does loads of M&G's and quite a few of those chosen seem to get lucky quite a few times in this "lottery" so by stopping this for fans in Europe now all together in the middle of this tour after already giving others a m&g, would be a slap in the face to those who also applied for the priviledge/opportunity for the show/city that they are attending.

And if it is true, the same should then apply to Vegas when she returns.
My 30th Birthday video from forum members, friends and contacts :)

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

View PostDavey84, on 30 June 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'm sorry but Celine is in no way obligated to give a M&G to anyone who bought a ticket.

If the sole reason of going to  more shows is to have more chance of having a M&G, I think you're going for the wrong reason...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

True she's in no way obligated. Still disappointed because like Darren says, she does a lot of them in Vegas. And some people are getting more than one m&g. Of course we hope for our chance when she finally comes to Europe.

And no way that I ONLY bought the tickets to have more chance for a m&g. It just gave me hope that I would have more luck at it.  I'm totally going to enjoy every second of the concert and even though she's not having more m&g in Europe, I'm still seeing if I can see an English show in UK. Doubt it will happen though.

I literally can't wait for Tuesday to come no matter what. This wont take away any of the joy being at a Céline show, never! :)

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts
And one more thing :)

I applaud Team Céline for sending the email. They were not obligated to do it at all but decided to tell the fans.

I still haven't received my email though but I guess it will arrive tomorrow

Celinefan1993

Celinefan1993

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,431
  • 264 posts
  • Born: 1993
Okay, I must tell that I do have replied on their email with a clear, though correct way of writing that I feel there's something wrong. And those who say that Céline is not obliged to give M&G's when they already met her, that's easy and no, that's not how it works. Of course, she doesn't need to give them but, after almost 35 years of doing shows and tours, and doing M&G's, there's definitely something not right. As an artist, it is a part of your job to meet fans. Which, I repeat, I am not stating that she has to meet for hours. I'm a performer myself and when somebody comes up to me to buy a cd, I'm more then happy to share a few words with them. It is the appreciation for your fans. I do not say that she has to do multiple M&G's before a concert. But if there are 8 people who get 2 minutes a person, it would take less then 20 minutes and I literally don't believe any word of it that it disturbs her preparation of the show because we do all know that she will take 10 minutes before stage to check her voice, technique and so on. I do believe that someone screwed it up last night.

And if it is for her show preparation, then why meet Adele 15 minutes before showtime? Total nonsense.

Then again, I'm sure that I will get negative comments but, this is how I feel and I'm very disappointed. I spent +$2000 dollars only for her concerts (travel+hotels not included) this year and it seems not to be honest. I literally worked my butt off for two whole months to attend her concerts and my biggest wish has been yet thrown away.  Also that 'lottery' which is mentioned, I don't guess that's the way how it works. It's not luck, you just need to have your connections and those who get the meet and greet, I hope they do realize that they were very, very lucky.

Although this happened, I'll try my best to enjoy her concerts and I certainly hope they will reconsider their thoughts. Goodnight everybody.

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Uhm...Name one other artist who does free M&G's? Especially so many?
Isn't it amazing that she does this out of the kindness of her heart (she REALLY doesn't have to), even if we don't get to go?
Isn't it her prerogative to choose when to do them? For whatever reason?

I have never had a M&G, and of course I was a bit disappointed when I received the mail, but I really don't think Céline owes me anything except a good show (which I paid for and which I'm sure she'll deliver).

And who cares that some people have had several M&G's? Maybe Cêline LIKES those people and allows them back? Again: Her prerogative.

Celinefan1993

Celinefan1993

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,431
  • 264 posts
  • Born: 1993
And what about the girl who won the auction?

takeachance

takeachance

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,521
  • 3,784 posts
  • Born: 1984
Celine nasty to fans ? Oh my god I wouldn't think so !! I thought she was very nice and friendly for my meet and greet and there were no cameras rolling , god that's weird ....... 😳😳😳

What autograph situation was this ? Is there a video ?

Edited by takeachance, 01 July 2017 - 03:18 AM.

Posted Image
RIP Rene Angelil xx

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

noyau

noyau

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 10,635
  • 69 posts
  • Born: 1986
I haven't received the e-mail yet so I still believe...

But I totally agree with this :

View Postangelil78, on 30 June 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

But I'm trying to see this with positive mind. At least I won't be anxious on the day of the concerts if I'll get a meet and greet and I won't be sad to see meet and greet pics from an event I was denied ;)  right?

The second part is a little bit selfish but I feel the same ^^ Last year my M&G was refused and my heart was broken, and then I saw the picture of a guy who met her the same day I was at the show... It broke my heart a second time ! ^^

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

View Posttakeachance, on 01 July 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Celine nasty to fans ? Oh my god I wouldn't think so !! I thought she was very nice and friendly for my meet and greet and there were no cameras rolling , god that's weird ....... ������

What autograph situation was this ? Is there a video ?

Here is the link to the autograph I was talking about. https://www.facebook...56297312252519/

View Postnoyau, on 01 July 2017 - 03:34 AM, said:

I haven't received the e-mail yet so I still believe...

But I totally agree with this :

The second part is a little bit selfish but I feel the same ^^ Last year my M&G was refused and my heart was broken, and then I saw the picture of a guy who met her the same day I was at the show... It broke my heart a second time ! ^^

YES! I'd be totally heart broken as well!! I can just imagine how it felt! :(

I still have not received an email from Team Céline. I guess they have too many to be sent out and it's not my turn yet..

Still sad about this but I'm preparing for my Paris trip right now with lots of excitement! 3 days until I see her on stage.

Sebulba1

Sebulba1

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 32,795
  • 95 posts
  • Born: 1988
Did she still do meet and greets in Leeds and Bordeaux?

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

View PostSebulba1, on 01 July 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

Did she still do meet and greets in Leeds and Bordeaux?

I think she did in Leeds but we don't know yet about Bordeaux since there are no pics released yet.

Sebulba1

Sebulba1

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 32,795
  • 95 posts
  • Born: 1988

View Postangelil78, on 01 July 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

I think she did in Leeds but we don't know yet about Bordeaux since there are no pics released yet.

Where did you see the pictures from Leeds?

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts

View PostSebulba1, on 01 July 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Where did you see the pictures from Leeds?

I'm actually not sure where the pics are from. Just random pictures on Instagram. I always assume that if I see new pics 2 days after an event that they are from that event.

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,908 posts
Saw a message on Facebook https://www.facebook...Italia/?fref=ts

This guy met Céline and she had the meet and greet 5 minute before the show was supposed to start!  After the m&g she then has to rush and change clothes and to the stage.

So they were cutting it close.  Making no time for a meet and greet really

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,440 posts

View Postangelil78, on 01 July 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Saw a message on Facebook https://www.facebook...Italia/?fref=ts

This guy met Céline and she had the meet and greet 5 minute before the show was supposed to start!  After the m&g she then has to rush and change clothes and to the stage.

So they were cutting it close.  Making no time for a meet and greet really

Still don't understand why she can't do the m&g's in her stage outfit!

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 7,129 posts
  • Local time: 11:41 PM
  • Born: 1998

View Postceline4evauk, on 01 July 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Still don't understand why she can't do the m&g's in her stage outfit!
She did the past few days didn't she? It looked like she wore the black top she wears under the blazer!
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,440 posts

View PostCelineDionFreak, on 01 July 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

She did the past few days didn't she? It looked like she wore the black top she wears under the blazer!

I don't know, I haven't seen any very recent m&g pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 147 user(s)

maclen, A new day..., Sebulba1, JP, Owen16, noellemarie, Roland61, angelil78, Celinex, brujocrow, Matias, lil angel, ARTBOP, firstofone, Bouse, nuts2you, trangceline_89, timmyta, daccord_12, celinefanonline, utterly, brendanm999, hugo020, lyn, MistaChanel, wayne0223, CelineDionForeverNY, Julien Brocquet, Celinefan1993, Gwynne, Iwona, Smart17, Concrete Angel, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, ElodieJ, Donald45610703, walpat, Rambaldi, Guillaume2908, Roxlly, Digipal, aniaa19, Javito, pepillo90, Shamrock_1982, Shaun, beautiful.disaster, baton1, celine28, Simon, mikimouse77, crislyne, Brandon, béné, maria_k, loveCelineVegas, mar19ieke, dawn, Flymetothemoon, Celine Fan 77, jdlyden1, 4girlsathome, celinefan1991, nowanorris, Michel xx..., debora, CSCfan, superstarleash, tomantha, rotem, anewdayhascome, Ronny83, Edwin, incognito, robert sadler, duri, sebulba, CELINE MARIE, celine19, Karlijn, Leone, djdanii, tal-sh2, biscuit2, chrisel, emiliejolie, GameC, Brody-Celine, Rachel_5, my0473, Aragorn, Graceland, Bellamy, summersun, stefaniechi, milotjuh, Kerol, Joe, Janika, Remon, noyau, barbaramuranyi, arnoglow, milestogo, totor59, yawhi, Balao, Jdfj, Celineiac2003, alicelee24, Brad2_2, pegasus, takeachance, Sarah993, selsdion, A.CelineGalaxy, celine_1983, Justmeyaya, laly25, neilg, mimile, Ballack333, adi dion, Nanda, r23, rgomezric, Aniaa_1989, leus, kidy111, Peppercorn1991, bart_PL, mebe, n1ko, max24, Frenchie, imaswede78, CelineDionFreak, dj4celine, Daniel Hamilton, bourque222, Mark_Rdam, Jeff Abbott, neil1981, WendyB, Henri, LeChauffeur100, giannislyber

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy