Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Céline Dion's albums on vinyl

564 replies to this topic

sebulba

sebulba

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 84
  • 879 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1983
Anyone hearing any sound difference between vinyl vs cd?
< :afro: :alucard: :afro: >

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,700
  • 2,031 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 PM
  • Born: 1989

View Postsebulba, on 09 July 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Between mp3 and vinyl, yes. Between CD and vinyl... not so much difference for me.

rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,347
  • 169 posts
  • Local time: 04:20 PM

View Postsebulba, on 09 July 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Unfortunately it's never that easy.  Vinyl and CD should each have their own unique mastering to play to their respective strengths and bring out the amazing sound quality each is capable of in different ways.  Sadly, these days the labels are more likely to just take the same dynamically squashed digital files, bung them on each format and throw them out to the market knowing people (a) have become accustomed to brickwalled masters, and (b ) are listening on their phones/bluetooth speakers and playing vinyl on their Crosleys anyway.

Edited by rfkavanagh, 11 July 2020 - 12:33 AM.

sebulba

sebulba

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

View Postrfkavanagh, on 11 July 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

Unfortunately it's never that easy.  Vinyl and CD should each have their own unique mastering to play to their respective strengths and bring out the amazing sound quality each is capable of in different ways.  Sadly, these days the labels are more likely to just take the same dynamically squashed digital files, bung them on each format and throw them out to the market knowing people (a) have become accustomed to brickwalled masters, and (b ) are listening on their phones/bluetooth speakers and playing vinyl on their Crosleys anyway.
Yeah that is the reality of music these days. That is why I was curious to know if they copied and pasted the same file to different formats.
The sad thing is most music with good quality is older music cause back then they really cared for the product. Most new music I have listened to have sounded flat and boring. And it sucks especially for people who have invested in great stereo equipment. But as with everything money talks...

actofcontrition

actofcontrition

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,366
  • 555 posts
  • Born: 1985
I can’t believe A new day has come is still not on vinyl 😭

LcMason

LcMason

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 23,912
  • 287 posts
  • Born: 1988
I was SO pumped when they started issuing vinyls of all the albums but then stopped 😩 DAMMIT SONY.

Simon

Simon

A New Day Has Come

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,316
  • 2,769 posts
  • Local time: 12:20 AM
  • Born: 1990

View Postactofcontrition, on 23 July 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

I can't believe A new day has come is still not on vinyl ��

Such a shame. I'm sure it will come one day.

View PostLcMason, on 23 July 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

I was SO pumped when they started issuing vinyls of all the albums but then stopped �� DAMMIT SONY.

I'm glad. Because I need all the money for the Courage tour. :giggle:

You could see? I could break! Did you notice all my mistakes? | *taking a kayak* | thanks @TakingChances for the signatur
Posted Image
♥ Vienna ♥ Las Vegas ♥ Paris ♥ Lille ♥ Berlin ♥ London ♥ Québec City ♥ Prague ♥ Nicosia ♥ Amsterdam ♥ Zagreb ♥ Antwerpen ♥

Taking Chances

Taking Chances

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,037
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local time: 01:20 AM
Why was All The Way never released on vinyl?

Posted Image

actofcontrition

actofcontrition

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,366
  • 555 posts
  • Born: 1985
Well in 2022 they HAVE to release a 20th anniversary of A new day has come with a box including 2 vinyls, remastered cds with bonus remix, unreleased songs, a bluray with all the clips, complete cbs special and backstage, complete (and real) recording sessions and interview with celine and a book with the incredible colorful photoshoots!

and i want a box too for the millenium concert before christmas this year :w00t:

so Sony you have work to do so stop posting random lyrics on facebook. Time to work for the hardcore fans for once :clap:

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,070 posts
  • Born: 1984

View PostTaking Chances, on 26 July 2020 - 03:55 AM, said:

Why was All The Way never released on vinyl?
or ONCP or or or... too many or's nowadays :(

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

sebulba

sebulba

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

View PostDavey84, on 26 July 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

or ONCP or or or... too many or's nowadays :(
Isn't ONCP on vinyl? I remember I've seen it somewhere or maybe it was a bootleg or fake. I don't know...

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,070 posts
  • Born: 1984

View Postsebulba, on 27 July 2020 - 03:42 AM, said:

Isn't ONCP on vinyl? I remember I've seen it somewhere or maybe it was a bootleg or fake. I don't know...

No the only recently released French albums are:
D'Eux (black and white vinyl)
SISDA (black and white vinyl)
1F4T
Sans Attendre
EUS

ONCP was released with a cd disc that resembles a vinyl. Maybe you got confused with that ;)

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

sebulba

sebulba

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

View PostDavey84, on 27 July 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

No the only recently released French albums are:
D'Eux (black and white vinyl)
SISDA (black and white vinyl)
1F4T
Sans Attendre
EUS

ONCP was released with a cd disc that resembles a vinyl. Maybe you got confused with that ;)
Yeah that is surely a possibility. Or I confused 1F4T with ONCP for some reason. But thanks for the clarification! :)

nuts2you

nuts2you

Celine Maniac

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,329
  • 9,363 posts
  • Born: 1968
https://produto.merc...W76Qb9UuzEj0auk

Not sure where to put this , but look what Ive found

c80per

c80per

• Members
    • Member ID: 36,723
  • 6 posts
  • Born: 1980
Being my most played and favourite Céline album, I’d love ‘Taking Chances’ to be released on vinyl. Dark green vinyl, like the mock up below.

I hope in the future all her albums will be pressed in a coloured vinyl box set similar to ABBA’s recent release. I liked the red edition of ‘Courage’ very much.

Attached Files

alextrusca

alextrusca

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,065
  • 2,709 posts

View Postc80per, on 08 August 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

Being my most played and favourite Céline album, I'd love 'Taking Chances' to be released on vinyl. Dark green vinyl, like the mock up below.

I hope in the future all her albums will be pressed in a coloured vinyl box set similar to ABBA's recent release. I liked the red edition of 'Courage' very much.

that would be really amazing, I hope they do release it as a vinyl. where does that mock up come from? I hope they also include the 2 bonus tracks on the vinyl if they ever do decide to do it, Map To My Heart and The Reason I Go On. And also hoping for a ANDHC vinyl release on blue marble vinyl or something similar, that would be really nice to have. the only release I wouldn't see on vinyl is Miracle - in my eyes the book/CD/DVD combo was the perfect match.

The vinyl release of Courage is pretty, but why oh why didn't it contain the bonus tracks and why are some of the photos different from the CD editions? :sofunny: :sofunny:

c80per

c80per

• Members
    • Member ID: 36,723
  • 6 posts
  • Born: 1980

View Postalextrusca, on 08 August 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

I hope they do release it as a vinyl. where does that mock up come from? I hope they also include the 2 bonus tracks on the vinyl if they ever do decide to do it, Map To My Heart and The Reason I Go On.

I made the mock up for a visual - geeky like that. I think from what I’ve read ‘ANDHC’ is the album most wanted on vinyl, and I’m not surprised. It is an amazing album.

alextrusca

alextrusca

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,065
  • 2,709 posts

View Postc80per, on 09 August 2020 - 01:13 AM, said:

I made the mock up for a visual - geeky like that. I think from what I’ve read ‘ANDHC’ is the album most wanted on vinyl, and I’m not surprised. It is an amazing album.

yes it is hopefully they do release all of her albums on vinyl very soon. if they do Taking Chances and ANDHC, I will buy them in a heartbeat.

LcMason

LcMason

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Sorry to bring up an old topic-

But has there been any word on any other reissues? I was hoping maybe we’d get something this holiday season. I really want Unison and Céline Dion. Ugh. And Taking Chances.

george_matei

george_matei

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,346
  • 105 posts

View PostLcMason, on 04 December 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Sorry to bring up an old topic-

But has there been any word on any other reissues? I was hoping maybe we’d get something this holiday season. I really want Unison and Céline Dion. Ugh. And Taking Chances.

Yes, I want:
-Unison
-Celine Dion (Yellow vinyl)
-A New Day Has Come (Blue vinyl)
-Taking Chances (White vinyl)

-D'Elles
-On Ne Change Pas

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

View Postgeorge_matei, on 04 December 2020 - 07:16 AM, said:

Yes, I want:
-Unison
-Celine Dion (Yellow vinyl)
-A New Day Has Come (Blue vinyl)
-Taking Chances (White vinyl)

-D'Elles
-On Ne Change Pas

Well Unison and Celine Dion you can find on eBay, of course. I'm waiting for my Celine Dion to arrive (from Korea), and I just won and auction for Chantes and Contes de Noel this morning.

Edited by MTJ, 04 December 2020 - 06:20 PM.

LcMason

LcMason

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

View PostMTJ, on 04 December 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well Unison and Celine Dion you can find on eBay, of course. I'm waiting for my Celine Dion to arrive (from Korea), and I just won and auction for Chantes and Contes de Noel this morning.

Finding Unison in a decent condition for reasonable price is hard. Celine Dion is at a ridiculous price from what I’ve see . I’d kill to have an original pressing, but it’s steep.

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

View PostLcMason, on 04 December 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Finding Unison in a decent condition for reasonable price is hard. Celine Dion is at a ridiculous price from what I've see . I'd kill to have an original pressing, but it's steep.

It takes some time and work, but if you keep at it, you can find a deal once and a while. I got Celine Dion for $80 after shipping, and Unison for $40. Keep in mind I have the search saved, and I check a few times a day.

The Power of the Music website's rarity rating system has been very helpful to keep me from feeling like I'm over-paying. The problem is that the Celine Dion album vinyl isn't rare at all in Asia from what I read, its just that few sellers will ship globally. Of course some versions of the each release are rarer than others. I collect to use, so I don't worry so much about only finding the rarest unopened gems - as long as it plays well I'm happy.

For example:

https://www.ebay.com...QYAAOSwne1fyX0B

Edited by MTJ, 04 December 2020 - 10:49 PM.

LcMason

LcMason

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

View PostMTJ, on 04 December 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

It takes some time and work, but if you keep at it, you can find a deal once and a while. I got Celine Dion for $80 after shipping, and Unison for $40. Keep in mind I have the search saved, and I check a few times a day.

The Power of the Music website's rarity rating system has been very helpful to keep me from feeling like I'm over-paying. The problem is that the Celine Dion album vinyl isn't rare at all in Asia from what I read, its just that few sellers will ship globally. Of course some versions of the each release are rarer than others. I collect to use, so I don't worry so much about only finding the rarest unopened gems - as long as it plays well I'm happy.

For example:

https://www.ebay.com...QYAAOSwne1fyX0B

Exactly the same! I want to actually enjoy the album. I search about once a week, so I should probably just step my game up.

And I totally just bid on that 😂

MTJ

MTJ

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
https://www.ebay.com...YL/373507688050

So I missed out on this buy this morning, unfortunately. I know DJs can press their own mixes on vinyl, and I would have LOVED to hear a dance mix of FIY. I had questioned the buyer, who insisted they couldn't find anything further about it. I wasn't, either. Does anyone have any ideas? I guess this could be a one-off. So mad at myself for not setting an early alarm to make sure I won!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 340 user(s)

Bruno Dion, MTJ, smw, marthadion, Céline RO, Henri, Taking Chances, Black Kitten, meandmrjones, nuts2you, dawn, CSCfan, Javito, CelineDionForeverNY, pat200, Katie, Frenchie, anewdayhascome, isabel leite, chinit0, woodstock, Celine Fan 77, jpatdeleon09, Nmj, Bandika, Crazy for Celine, pame-65, miss-de-carca, Celinex, jmiracle, alextrusca, Alex_Incognito, Jackie, rfkavanagh, emmanuel, Lolo88, PuraVida, Remon, couldawouldashoulda, MaiconSC, Joe, Daysleeper, duri, Ukrfan, manu23, the power of celine, moonshinenight, Falling Into You..., celinelover50, hoosierito, mari2711, n1ko, Simon, WCD199317, québecflower, jeremyvsl, c80per, actofcontrition, sebulba, HushNow, bakorder, Davey84, stone, lime89, cdt2u, celinefanonline, A new day..., ajguerras, noyau, Loup_garou, tal-sh2, Kian, mdion2006, Jeff Abbott, max24, hala, jeje03100, juls75, MrTim212, dion1992, formule, chassyeah, gentilfluffy, chs, GIORGOS, scielle, DionFanAlways, Shaun, giannislyber, CELINO, mattia, nowanorris, Peppercorn1991, Critiaslux, alltheway0384, DionDivas, Igor_Moscow, wayne0223, choupi87, minolli, federico, Roland61, Vale@, Jour053103, azlan, duchess83, Zofia, neil1981, Ri2n, felicia, lily94, SantiagoColorado, Maxim Kuliev, azteca_1990, Mac, Neddo, Céline21985, TommKat22, nahuelsc, emiliejolie, Ejion, Chantemoi, Kyle_Jared, sarit_celine, zeopower6, MaxRayÎles, jwawesomepanda, bronzey, Del, Ben, cdfan32, Rob.mella83, Andy Man, ashtonelijah, tomier, Ronny83, celinefan2011, tdolson88, celinesounds, Naiomi zhannah, ObsessiveCelineDisorder, pepillo90, CSchmidt, Flymetothemoon, changepas39, CelineTheBest5, Equinox116, Gabriel81, Robrules3, &rewluvsCeline, Edgar14, Peter12345, live to love, Ororo Munroe, comingback, Sebulba1, Trombones13, Celine-Fan, lg121104, Holborn, hugo020, celine5-5, maki_Dion-er, selsdion, emi&celine, Celine-Express, joaofilho, Mark_Rdam, ordinary fan, Lestat5485, djdanii, tomantha, BartFCS, célinedionfan_16, LcMason, Caledor, celine19, Dion2000, No1IrishFan, Niko's, Amethystj, jonny823, KCM, Lexi, mbox1974, ryba, rachel9767, frana, debora, Celine_2533, Overjoyed, marc-02, Schwa83, tomdalbou, Brandon, Marcc, dj_Tom, HannesMUC, sky-fits-heaven, winforlife, Tyler1991, alvick53, Carlo, Modesta, agentwigs, fabricio esteves, Domi, canardion, Chula, xTheGoodBoyx, hanky, Timster, krazy_kool_dude, celine_1983, somaltseva, sandro_dunn, Mynameiswhatever, PaulTo, Jascka01, MistaChanel, kevincheung410, maclen, LUGAY33, DestinMg5, joc13, unclediva, matt987, ivo, ThereseDion, twk3395, liketheair, angelil78, Miha, Julianne, teetee186, Rammstein, Karlijn, josedion1999, Sosof12, contre5nature, mirage, Der_Griffon, Bruno Portugal, IamRha, DiheartwillgoOn, Dionism, Hilda, cdurand54, CelineGAfan, andyw024, firstofone, your_light, drove all night, Ziggy68, secretdennis, MusicCollection, GUSAM28, LeChauffeur100, Fanxiaoqiang, Titanicfox, biscuit2, logeneb, celinedion87, chocolatechip15, chawatak, atreyou, nattongtep, Rodrigo in Brazil, karen5, Leanne, littlechap, Chrissi, maria_k, 4girlsathome, brendanm999, wjd, garint7, jbechs, Andlin, Mozzy88, animal_fragil, dedeu3, CELINE MARIE, sayyed, milestogo, rgomezric, ewan123, rodrigo_alka, enno2007, lowell22, Bellamy, Gab's alive, garçon, roro, Frozen_Phoenix, seanibreeze, Evulik, Cuchi, soleil, GoldenLeaf, Audreyhat, dorfus, suddenly22, suddenly22, DoronTam, dixieland, Donald45610703, ElodieJ, I Drove All Night!, Rambaldi, r23, Gulenkov, Pepperpote, Angel2006, GameC, mar19ieke, sailornic, candicat98, tiniann88, Thinktwicefan, celinecolombian, Mchef1090, exfactor003, carthal, Viva las Vegas, tessika, Your_Su_Phu, Shamrock_1982, yawhi, Stevie-v, celine28, cher&celinefan, maikan, kidy111, rpopowski, davidion, powerofceline, meow, ImAliveUK, natalie_

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy