Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Céline on Forbes' "Most successful self-made women" 2017 list

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,648 posts
  • Local time: 09:05 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1982
Celine's back on the Forbes Wealthiest Female Musicians list -

https://www.forbes.c...7/#2ad1745ed69a

"2. Celine Dion ($400 million)
Last February, Dion resumed a Las Vegas residency that had been on hiatus for a month after her husband’s death. She’s back to playing 70-odd times a year at Caesar’s Palace, where she made $27 million in 2016; a Canada native, she's earned most of her money in Sin City, hence her inclusion here.

Also, #43 on the list of America's richest self-made women -

Edited by scielle, 17 May 2017 - 06:49 AM.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,648 posts
Can no longer edit the above - but here's the full list: https://www.forbes.c.../2/#tab:overall

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,986
  • 1,697 posts
  • Local time: 02:05 PM
  • Born: 1989
It's about half what the French and Canadian press say she's worth.

I think it's clear that Forbes is only monitoring her US assets - the Canadian Business company stated she was the 101st wealthiest Canadian person in 2014 with $721,446,865.

http://www.canadianb...l-2014-ranking/

Journal de Montreal stated that she was worth $718 million in 2014.

http://www.journalde...ions-de-dollars

And the French press quoted a figure of $715 million when Celine returned to France in 2012.

Basically, her fortune these days is probably between $700-$900 million [probably a bit less than it was in 2014 actually as her properties didn't sell for as much as she thought they would].

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,648 posts
RE above - don't forget that Canadian press would report in CAD whereas Forbes clearly in USD.

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
Also, She's grossed $600 million in Vegas since 2003. In addition to that, she made $280 million with the Taking Chances tour and more than $100 million from her mini tours or standalone shows - that's over $1 billion in TICKET SALES ALONE since 2003. You then need to factor in her perfume portfolio, her business interests, her property profits, her album sales and you probably get a figure well in excess of $1.3-$1.4 billion grossed.

This isn't even factoring in her gross from the 90s or before - when she was at her commercial peak. During the 90s, she sold over 130 million albums [with the highest royalty rate in the business for a non-songwriter, estimated at between 20-25%] and more than 40 million physical singles. She also had 2 x $100 million + tours and probably had countless business interests.

Assuming an average sale price in the 90s for an album was $14 [probably on the low side], we can assume a gross from album sales at up to $1.8 billion. Let's then assume she's made $100 million, give or take, from single sales. Let's then attach a figure to her concert tours - $100 million from the Falling Into You tour, $120 million from the Let's Talk About Love tour with a further $75 million from the rest of the decade [totaling $295 million]. This gives a gross figure from music alone of $2.2 billion from the 90s.

My point is that during her career, she has probably grossed AT LEAST $3.5 billion from her music ALONE - without any private business interests or property is even factored in. Assuming that she only personally made like 1/5 of that - that's still $700 million.

My point? Forbes numbers just don't add up. Rant over.

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,648 posts
Gross is very, very different than net.
And revenues very different than net worth.

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

View Postscielle, on 17 May 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

RE above - don't forget that Canadian press would report in CAD whereas Forbes clearly in USD.

Canadian press in the articles I posted are reporting US dollars.

But if they weren't, the Canadian dollar in 2014 was very strong against the US dollar and there really wasn't more than a few million in it.

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

View Postscielle, on 17 May 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Gross is very, very different than net.
And revenues very different than net worth.

I get that - that's why I stated that she only retained 20% [a very low figure - which assumes a label share of EVERYTHING, and tax of probably 50%]. And this is only her music we are speaking of.

Anyway, it's purely conjecture - the Forbes figure is regardless a pile of dog poop.

Edited by wjd, 17 May 2017 - 10:21 AM.

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,339
  • 7,190 posts
  • Born: 1978
Céline is also a BIG spender. She spends a lot of the money on jewelry, clothes, shoes, private plane, staff in Nevada and Florida, Feeling prod. In Montréal, CDA in LV, security...and so on.
Not cheap being Céline.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

POPULAR

View Postangelil78, on 17 May 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Céline is also a BIG spender. She spends a lot of the money on jewelry, clothes, shoes, private plane, staff in Nevada and Florida, Feeling prod. In Montréal, CDA in LV, security...and so on.
Not cheap being Céline.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not cheap being a Celine fan either. :giggle:

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts

View Postwjd, on 17 May 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Not cheap being a Celine fan either. :giggle:

omg nope!! really experiencing that right now! :pinch:

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,578 posts
  • Local time: 08:05 AM
Celine's official website actually listed Celine as being a billionare. At least that's what it said on the celinedion.com info section they had an article years back that her site posted from the Globe And Mail that estimated her wealth. I remember that it said she was either worth 1 billion dollars, or over a billion dollars. I can't quite remeber, but I know it said billion, not million.

400 million dollars sounds pretty low to me.
Posted Image

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,648 posts
Surprised nobody mentioned this yet seeing as there's been lots of press today, but Celine is once again on the Forbes America's Richest Self-Made Women list.
https://www.forbes.c...en#33422c15203f

#46, with an estimated $450m; third among women in music (after Rihanna and Madonna).

Mind you, these Forbes rankings are always to be taken with a grain of salt and I know for a fact they can be wildly off, but still.

Katie

Katie

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,652
  • 729 posts
  • Local time: 03:05 PM

View Postscielle, on 04 June 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet seeing as there's been lots of press today, but Celine is once again on the Forbes America's Richest Self-Made Women list.
https://www.forbes.c...en#33422c15203f

#46, with an estimated $450m; third among women in music (after Rihanna and Madonna).

Mind you, these Forbes rankings are always to be taken with a grain of salt and I know for a fact they can be wildly off, but still.

Forbes has a problem with Céline!!

Since 1996 she makes around 55 Million USD per year on average, even more for so many years (In 2008 she's made up 100)

A canadian very official and and accurate Business, around 10 years ago stated that she's worth around 750 Million CAD

She is now the Boss of The Feeling/CDA production, I guess she got Hundreds of Millions from René's Legacy,

Oh, Biollboard downgrading her Griss revenues, Forbes downgrading her Money Making...

What she she do? Send publicly her Taxes and Bank Account sheets and statements?

Thanks God she does not live with that, and that she is really someone more valuable than a simple figure!!

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts
I think this is only her American income?

It could be that some of her income like the tour is in Canada and she pays the taxes of the tour income there.

I'm just wondering..

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,578 posts
  • Local time: 08:05 AM
My dad asked his phone how much Celine was worth recently and this was before this newest Forbes list came out  and it said $800 million. I don't know why Forbes is only saying $400 million. It doesn't really matter though. I think that all these yearly charts are so pointless and highly inaccurate to begin with. Celine doesn't have a set value in my mind, she's priceless. Like Celine would say, she's an antique. LOL. Some antiques are so valuable that they can't be given an estimate and that's how it should be for Celine and all the other unique,special and legendary antiques out there! :laugh:
Posted Image

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,648 posts
https://www.forbes.c...r/#22f04aef5b23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 108 user(s)

Boy, Taking Chances, Ejion, Remon, CELINO, Ukrfan, emmanuel, Angel2006, Zofia, Nmj, Holborn, Dane, CSCfan, pat200, Katie, nowanorris, Javito, selsdion, québecflower, Xpresso, Celinex, Frenchie, isabel leite, duri, pepillo90, jpatdeleon09, jwawesomepanda, scielle, Philippe, Alex_Incognito, Peppercorn1991, Smart17, Julianne, ssummer, CelineTheBest5, empress, giannislyber, comingback, ivo, angelil78, joaofilho, Shaun, KCM, Cuchi, celinefanonline, maki_Dion-er, marc-02, stone, Loup_garou, Naiomi zhannah, carthal, celinedionfan1, celine_foreva, ThereseDion, chs, chocolatechip15, nuts2you, Jeff Abbott, Roland61, mebe, I Drove All Night!, PatrickDion22, actofcontrition, Miha, Davey84, Ronny83, jepoi, jbechs, wjd, bilinkew, Celine Fan 77, jmiracle, DionFanAlways, chinit0, DestinMg5, LVCeline, winforlife, MaiconSC, LukeD, célinedionfan_16, joc13, Andlin, laly25, 4girlsathome, celian, maria_k, anewdayhascome, iza, bgcalde, pisces0384, chawatak, couldawouldashoulda, manu23, cher&celinefan, aileejang05, celinesounds, Domi, RosieBarron, mikecdfan, GameC, katleen86, Niko's, felicia, Bruno Portugal, Ororo Munroe, karen5, celfan123, dawn

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy