Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celeb love for Celine

520 replies to this topic

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,907 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1982
SNL's Aidy Bryant talking about a scene in her Hulu show, "Shrill":

"Q: I don’t want to start with a tough question, but there’s a moment early in the Season 2 premiere where your character is belting out Celine Dion’s “It’s All Coming Back to Me” in a car. It felt like you lifted that straight from my life. Tell me why that song — and is it less nerve-racking to sing in front of people when you’re playing a character? Or just as terrifying?

A: Of course we have to start there, are you kidding? I was at times more nervous for that than like any sex scene I’ve ever done. Because there’s all these hard notes I have to hit. But I love that song. I truly have since the day it came out. I feel like every year I go through a three-week period where I just listen to it on repeat. So I was ready. I’ve been training my whole life for that moment."

https://www.latimes....shrill-hulu-snl

"AVC: I wanted to ask about your Celine Dion singalong, to “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now.”

AB: Oh god, the Celine moment was my baby… I feel like for girls of a certain generation, Celine Dion is the embodiment of raw emotion and power. As a girl I would watch that music video and be like, “yes, the ghost and the motorcycle and the sex and the nighttime, all of it, thunder, lightning, yes!” So to me it was the perfect song. It’s like [Annie’s] going to catapult, almost like she’s been shot out of a cannon into this new life. What better way than to arrive in the darkness with Celine Dion?"

https://tv.avclub.co...-for-1841184410

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,151
  • 885 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM
  • Born: 1985

POPULAR

Margot Robbie really loves her some Céline. Remember she was at BST as well. Makes me like her even more.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 694 posts
  • Local time: 11:27 PM

The best is yet to come...

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,772 posts
  • Born: 1987

View PostCéline RO, on 21 February 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

Always nice to see people on TV talk about & admire Queen Celine.

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 26,029
  • 919 posts
  • Local time: 02:27 PM

View Postivo, on 20 January 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Gloria is amazing, nice to see them together again (after many years I think).

I'm sure they crossed paths while Celine was living in Florida.

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Adele attended a Celine concert in Vegas with British comedian Alan Carr...he's told the story in different formats, but this is a very recent and funny retelling!

Edited by PuraVida, 23 February 2020 - 08:15 PM.

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 6,572 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 AM
  • Born: 1993

marc-02

marc-02

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 725
  • 1,752 posts
  • Local time: 04:27 PM
I swear the tone of this woman who's gone viral is similar to Celine's. We almost have an idea how Shallow would sound like with Celine singing it:

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts
I still can't get over the fact that they had RuPaul host SNL and brought on Justin Bieber as musical guest instead of Celine.

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

View PostCéline RO, on 29 February 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

I just realized now that I meant to post this in the “Céline being cool again” thread. Sorry if this annoys any of you.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts
Sondre Lerche!  :)

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

View Postscielle, on 29 February 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

I still can't get over the fact that they had RuPaul host SNL and brought on Justin Bieber as musical guest instead of Celine.

I agree, he is one of her biggest celebrity fans. Also, that review was such a bore to me. They constantly use the same style writing and same words and tropes to portray Céline...and they try to make it sound elevated, when really they are not looking with fresh eyes.

It’s always something like...”admittedly kitsch” or “her pomp and chest bumping kept our eyes glued, even if they did roll at a couple moments”

Get over yourselves critics. They act like Céline is so schmaltzy, when I don’t believe in her live shows that that is the vibe she gives off.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

View PostPuraVida, on 29 February 2020 - 11:32 PM, said:

Also, that review was such a bore to me. They constantly use the same style writing and same words and tropes to portray Céline...and they try to make it sound elevated, when really they are not looking with fresh eyes.

It's always something like..."admittedly kitsch" or "her pomp and chest bumping kept our eyes glued, even if they did roll at a couple moments"

Get over yourselves critics. They act like Céline is so schmaltzy, when I don't believe in her live shows that that is the vibe she gives off.

On the contrary - I loved that review. And I don't see in it what you seem to see in it.
Big fan of Elisabeth Vincentelli, as well, who wrote it. (Incidentally, she also mentioned on her socials that she also covered Celine's very first NYC show in 1994 - at Town Hall! I can't imagine her playing a venue like that… but those were different days.) She's one of the few substantive US critics who gets "French" Celine (as she's French herself).

And (not that it is at all what this review says, but since you brought it up…), while not all Celine shows are schmaltzy, this one certainly is. Far too many corny songs for my liking, and her scripted bits… well let's just say she can do much better.  Always best when she goes off script.
If I had column space in NYT, my review would probably have been far less kind and far less eloquent than Elisabeth's. :giggle:

Still 3 shows left in the area but I don't think I'll be going to any more unless some extra cheap ticket sell-off comes up, since I really don't need to see this show again. Glad I saw the first Quebec shows before she took an ax to the set list.

I do hope once this tour is over she does one not for the masses, but for the fans. Small venues, no MHWGO et all, just the b-sides that she claims to love but can't seem to do in a major arena show. Now that I'd gladly pay for over and over. But going to this one yet another time… well it would just feel like chore.
But hey, it works for the masses! And the reviews are glowing. So clearly Celine & Co know what they're doing.

Edited by scielle, 01 March 2020 - 09:44 AM.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts
Anyone read Jessica Simpson's book?

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,772 posts
  • Born: 1987

View Postmarc-02, on 26 February 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

I swear the tone of this woman who's gone viral is similar to Celine's. We almost have an idea how Shallow would sound like with Celine singing it:

There used to be to be more videos on YouTube of her covering Celine songs -- but I guess she removed them after she got famous?

I at least found this one:

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

flutefreak

flutefreak

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,245
  • 1,953 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 PM
  • Born: 1979

View Postscielle, on 01 March 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Anyone read Jessica Simpson's book?

I have it but have not read it yet.  Saving it for a plane trip in 2 weeks.  Will be interesting to read this part!

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

maki_Dion-er

maki_Dion-er

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,012
  • 2,008 posts
  • Born: 1990
Broadway went to see Celine. Jeremy Jordan (film,TV, Broadway actor) and Benjamin Rauhala were at her show in NJ.

Jeremy is the one in the baseball cap. He did an awesome cover of IACBTMN a few years ago.

I'm a fan of the CW Supergirl show in which he played Winn Schott so this is fandoms colliding for me (also one of the characters covered I Drove All Night during a karaoke scene)

Edited by maki_Dion-er, 07 March 2020 - 11:20 PM.

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts
On the very first day of my first post-college investment banking job, my boss gave me a DVD of American Psycho and said, with an ominous smirk, "here's your training video" :giggle: ... so this is really weird to see.  Not someone I expected, for sure!

Edit: Oh, LOL, looks like he deleted it. But that was Bret Easton Ellis saying "Rules don't apply to Celine Dion.".

Edited by scielle, 07 March 2020 - 11:19 PM.

Chantemoi

Chantemoi

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,842
  • 604 posts
  • Local time: 03:27 PM
  • Skin: Mobile
  • Born: 1986

View Postscielle, on 07 March 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

On the very first day of my first post-college investment banking job, my boss gave me a DVD of American Psycho and said, with an ominous smirk, "here's your training video" :giggle: ... so this is really weird to see.  Not someone I expected, for sure!

Edit: Oh, LOL, looks like he deleted it. But that was Bret Easton Ellis saying "Rules don't apply to Celine Dion.".

Maybe Mr. Ellis considers Céline the Millennial Huey Lewis :giggle:

Balao

Balao

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,508
  • 199 posts
  • Local time: 10:27 PM

View Postsmw, on 01 March 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

There used to be to be more videos on YouTube of her covering Celine songs -- but I guess she removed them after she got famous?

I at least found this one:

How is it even possible? She's awesome !

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
Kelly Clarkson complimented a contestant on The Voice saying they had “Céline Dion lungs” levels of breath control and support.

Edited by PuraVida, 10 March 2020 - 10:55 AM.

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Patti LaBelle performing “If You Asked Me To” in February 2020. She mentions Céline at the beginning, describing her as “a good friend of mine”!

PuraVida

PuraVida

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

View PostCéline RO, on 12 March 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Patti LaBelle performing “If You Asked Me To” in February 2020. She mentions Céline at the beginning, describing her as “a good friend of mine”!

"Give her a hand because the lady can sing"

I am shocked! And it must be the first time in ages that they are actually performing it at the same time on tour....although of course tours will soon be cancelled. So interesting to compare the big singing divas on the same song, at the same time--even if Patti is older.

Edited by PuraVida, 12 March 2020 - 03:39 PM.

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 6,572 posts
  • Local time: 05:27 AM
  • Born: 1993
Cute!

https://www.instagra...id=29afgqwebm2d

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

View Postscielle, on 14 March 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

I don’t know who this is but that impression was not too bad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 332 user(s)

nuts2you, Nmj, Celinex, smw, maki_Dion-er, Céline RO, nowanorris, Katie, pat200, incognito, nahuelsc, québecflower, DionFanAlways, jpatdeleon09, ssummer, ivo, isabel leite, stone, HushNow, Jeff Abbott, Schwa83, Naiomi zhannah, maria_k, wayne0223, juls75, Smart17, ryba, Ajax, giannislyber, PuraVida, Remon, brendanhirt, scielle, Loup_garou, Cuchi, Alice, Taking Chances, Ororo Munroe, Davey84, manolo19, Only one celine, noyau, Ejion, Dane, beelee, rpopowski, mariox, Domi, MistaChanel, jaapjan, comingback, pepillo90, emmanuel, Ri2n, mebe, wjd, Balao, BartFCS, VikingSwe, mattia, CSCfan, roro, duri, idroveallnight, karalayna, donpi86, Xpresso, CDion05, ajguerras, iza, winforlife, Peppercorn1991, Lestat5485, hugo020, chs, garyhollander, delta, Mark_Rdam, jwawesomepanda, SantiagoColorado, Your_Su_Phu, Zofia, jeremyvsl, hoosierito, maddy05, Andy Man, Shaun, JulienMcbeal, Black Kitten, Philippe, MTJ, lily94, Ginahall218, Dancing_Queen, Critiaslux, justinecoria, maikan, marc-02, hala, manu23, kathyc25, LukeD, ruimarques, yoyoma, Henri, Frankiboy, Jackie, Robrules3, TommKat22, Chantemoi, GIORGOS, rfkavanagh, dionicfan, MaiconSC, GUSAM28, zeopower6, Bruno Portugal, Hjiddosem, sarit_celine, I Drove All Night!, Joe, cdurand54, rodrigo, Neddo, Sosof12, ika, Javito, Tw1989, Celine-Fan, CelineDionForeverNY, PaulTo, celine_rox, Daysleeper, PC_59, CSchmidt, luisnicole, Ukrfan, duchess83, Alex_Incognito, celinecolombian, Julianne, Esty, celfan123, cwnice, aileejang05, selsdion, alexceline, alextrusca, Holborn, meow, joaofilho, Flymetothemoon, ordinary fan, karen5, anewdayhascome, max24, rathnakumar, KCM, minolli, danger, tonybower, aaa.bcd642, cdfan32, MusicCollection, CELINE MARIE, Lolo88, Angel2006, sayyed, IL_DINO, tomier, lyn, ferjaacu, chawatak, chinit0, bilinkew, stevo, Del, bronzey, celinefanonline, Modesta, Lindah1984, angelil78, lost84, ffgravygirl82, vr6chickbeenfound, soleland, DestinMg5, commoncommoncommon, davidion, GameC, bakorder, krazy_kool_dude, Matias, Thinktwicefan, Bartholdemus, couldawouldashoulda, celine28, Rea, mdion2006, tessika, Ncarbia, Kian, soso12, Tom_London_Fan, Dertz1, incognito69, dawn, Banpyun, takeachance, cher&celinefan, Alliot, empress, andrecb, SAV02, Magda5, jacwar58, reynolds, célinedionfan_16, No1IrishFan, celine19, somaltseva, Hilda, unclediva, CelineGAfan, joc13, n1ko, IamRha, Dion my heart Barbra, Sebulba1, Boy, Niko's, Rachel_5, frana, MaxRayÎles, mediterraneo, dj4celine, abadi, celinefan5, drove all night, mahahing, superibi, twk3395, Charles, SlovakClark, celinespanishfan, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, Roland61, Lexi, liketheair, DiheartwillgoOn, queencelinedion, Mynameiswhatever, emi&celine, felinedion, sash546, Caledor, dorfus, aniaa19, loveisontheway, garçon, Pangloss76, brandon_vincent, tomantha, marif, Rossum89, Nautanick, Celine Fan 77, LeChauffeur100, Annajensen, biscuit2, RosieBarron, Mozzy88, budtkaboy2000, anna, yawhi, Miha, joka123, youngstar, Dionism, Shamrock_1982, brendanm999, the power of celine, SACE, 4girlsathome, Brandon, chocolatechip15, celineIMalive, poetic, neil1981, Cafe67, nomys, dixieland, nadeennoody, jbower14, swbeauchaine, felicia, Celine-Express, Gulenkov, Scramasboy, banananas, katleen86, dj_a_rock, smash, laly25, Andlin, celian, chrisel, actofcontrition, jepoi, hollylou, gafsa, Bell, Cheska, Lotty, celine4evauk, YoungMrsH, dodobird, PopMusicBoy, bourque222, soleil, Frozen_Phoenix, Jascka01, christy, mar19ieke, sfbaysinger, celine_foreva, trls, ceon, CelineTheBest5, jbechs, Jessyka, Ronny83

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy