Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Céline being cool againA new wave of good press and appreciation

559 replies to this topic

Ronny83

Ronny83

Va bene così, Milano?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14
  • 17,301 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1983

Ronny83

Ronny83

Va bene così, Milano?

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 14
  • 17,301 posts
  • Born: 1983
https://noisey.vice....was-always-cool

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,799 posts
  • Local time: 11:29 PM
  • Born: 1982

View PostRonny83, on 14 September 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Who would have thought the cool kids at Vice would be writing about her....
But for someone who's clearly a fan, there are a lot of factual inaccuracies in that piece!

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,181 posts

View Postscielle, on 20 August 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Another solid article to add to the collection - http://www.independe...e-36046781.html

It's a long one, but here are some excerpts.

"The [Vogue] footage of Celine Dion set the internet on fire, with the hashtag #CelineTakesCouture. Draped in the most elaborate, expensive clothes in the world, Dion peacocks in what can only be described as a meta take on po-faced high-fashion - striking poses and throwing dances moves, all with the utmost seriousness.
In someone remotely self-conscious, it would have been utterly ridiculous. From Dion, a woman who has so thoroughly earned her professional stripes, and who, in the act of rebuilding herself after the loss of her husband, Rene Angelil, so clearly couldn't give a toss about anyone else's opinion; it was a one-woman tour de force. [...]

Dion was attending Paris Couture Week, when she was spotted in the front row beside Anna Wintour, giving double thumbs up, lone standing ovations, and shouting bravo, an unabashed show of enthusiasm that was no doubt deemed 'so not fashion, darling', but does Dion care? [...]

These [Vogue] videos capture the essence of Celine Dion's rebirth. This is not a cynical marketing attempt to rebrand as cool in order to breathe some life into a flagging career. Dion's career is nowhere near flagging; her latest album, Encore un soir, was only outsold by Drake, Beyonce and Frank Ocean in its opening week. And constant rebranding has never been her thing. [...] This isn't a woman desperately seeking anyone's attention. It is a woman slowly coming to life after one of the worst losses anyone can suffer, that of a beloved spouse whom, in this case, Dion, now 49, had known since the age of 12. This is a woman trying to breathe joy into her life again.[...]

This attitude allowed her to forgo the red carpet walk when she decided it was distracting her prior to big performances. It's an attitude of independence than one can only admire. She may be considered the queen of bland in musical terms, but her huge success (250m-plus album sales to date) has allowed her to do her own thing. [...]

She clearly couldn't care less about the mockers. Such confidence can only be attractive.

Maybe also in some small way, her new fashion dalliance is a sort of armour, a way of allowing her to go out into the world again and say "yes, yes, I'm fine, let's get on with it" and politely brush aside all the grief ghouls.  She has said she will mourn her husband for the rest of her life. But Dion is clearly no victim, and this is a mission statement from a woman who wants to get on with living."

Interesting article.  But I don't really see it as Celine crafting a new image -- she's always loved fashion, and always experimented with all sorts of looks (though not daily the way she did this summer) -- it's just that the fashion world either ignored her or mocked her before the last couple of years.  It seems to be less Celine creating a new image than the media portraying Celine differently than they ever did before.  I do also think that the fact that Rene was totally uninvolved in fashion helps it be an escapist, fun thing for Celine now.

This is my favorite line in the article, about the Titanic sweatshirt: "Her mother told her later the hoodie was far too big for her - "she did not understand it was cool," Dion, who wore it with skinny jeans and gold Gucci sandals, said with a smile."  :laugh:  I love Maman Dion!

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 15,946 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postchocolatechip15, on 14 September 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

Interesting article.  But I don't really see it as Celine crafting a new image -- she's always loved fashion, and always experimented with all sorts of looks (though not daily the way she did this summer) -- it's just that the fashion world either ignored her or mocked her before the last couple of years. It seems to be less Celine creating a new image than the media portraying Celine differently than they ever did before.  I do also think that the fact that Rene was totally uninvolved in fashion helps it be an escapist, fun thing for Celine now.

This is my favorite line in the article, about the Titanic sweatshirt: "Her mother told her later the hoodie was far too big for her - "she did not understand it was cool," Dion, who wore it with skinny jeans and gold Gucci sandals, said with a smile."  :laugh:  I love Maman Dion!
Exactly!
How could you not love this woman!

"All it takes is one bold move to change everything."  

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,339
  • 7,190 posts
  • Local time: 04:29 AM
  • Born: 1978

View Postscielle, on 14 September 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Who would have thought the cool kids at Vice would be writing about her....
But for someone who's clearly a fan, there are a lot of factual inaccuracies in that piece!

True and why do people get the age wrong on when Céline and René became romantically involved? They say 17 years old.. wtf!
It's not difficult to find out the exactly day and that she was 20 years old and NOT 17 ugh. They just love making René look bad.

And this:
Last year, the internet discovered Celine Dion. It discovered her style, her charming but wonky use of language, her flailing limbs and her disinterest in knowing the words to her own songs

What did I miss?

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts
Right?!
Might be worth pinging the author...where does she get this stuff??

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts
Yeah, I wish it was like easy to correct them, ugh.

québecflower

québecflower

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 29,419
  • 6,121 posts
  • Born: 1967
Trump is right , media is full of fake news... :thumbsup2:
Plus qu'ailleurs  , but now Si c'était à refaire  , i still love tant de temps....

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts

View Postquébecflower, on 15 September 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Trump is right , media is full of fake news... :thumbsup2:

Yes! And we have him to thank for that (Sadly) but he brought attention to Fake news. That's probably going to be the best thing he will be remembered for

québecflower

québecflower

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 29,419
  • 6,121 posts
  • Born: 1967

View Postangelil78, on 15 September 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Yes! And we have him to thank for that (Sadly) but he brought attention to Fake news. That's probably going to be the best thing he will be remembered for
i guess everyone has a good side... :giggle:
Plus qu'ailleurs  , but now Si c'était à refaire  , i still love tant de temps....

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts

View Postquébecflower, on 15 September 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

i guess everyone has a good side... :giggle:

Shoot! we are gonna have to be thankful for that as well :hmm: :giggle:

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts
More to add to the collection, this time from Liz Plank - https://theoutline.c...tremely-my-shit

Loup_garou

Loup_garou

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,631
  • 1,685 posts

View Postscielle, on 03 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

More to add to the collection, this time from Liz Plank - https://theoutline.c...tremely-my-shit

:blush:  just posted it in another thread, love it

célinedionfan_16

célinedionfan_16

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 33,895
  • 122 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 PM

View Postscielle, on 03 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Her vidéo is fine, but this one is so much better :wub:

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

View Postcélinedionfan_16, on 05 November 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Her vidéo is fine, but this one is so much better :wub:

The point, though, is that it's Liz Plank.
She's exactly the kind of millennial mover & shaker you'd want to see in Celine's camp.
It's not for nothing that she's on Forbes 30 Under 30!

Edited by scielle, 05 November 2017 - 09:46 AM.

célinedionfan_16

célinedionfan_16

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

View Postscielle, on 05 November 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

The point, though, is that it's Liz Plank.
She's exactly the kind of millennial mover & shaker you'd want to see in Celine's camp.
It's not for nothing that she's on Forbes 30 Under 30!

Scielle, I'm afraid you have it all wrong. Raymond Arseneau is exactly the kind of person you should want to see in Céline's camp. He is a fabulous Youtuber/singer/lover of minounes/madelinot with amazing talent. Some of his most notable accomplishments include being part of Céline's "I Drove All Night" video montage for her show in Vegas and mastering the lip-synching of each song in her repertoire. He is also able to recite each of Céline's siblings names in order. Therefore, this Liz Planck lady you're talking about is really irrelevant. Raymond is a much better addition to Céline's "camp."

MaxRayÎles

MaxRayÎles

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,446
  • 468 posts
  • Local time: 12:29 AM
  • Born: 1998

View Postcélinedionfan_16, on 05 November 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Scielle, I'm afraid you have it all wrong. Raymond Arseneau is exactly the kind of person you should want to see in Céline's camp. He is a fabulous Youtuber/singer/lover of minounes/madelinot with amazing talent. Some of his most notable accomplishments include being part of Céline's "I Drove All Night" video montage for her show in Vegas and mastering the lip-synching of each song in her repertoire. He is also able to recite each of Céline's siblings names in order. Therefore, this Liz Planck lady you're talking about is really irrelevant. Raymond is a much better addition to Céline's "camp."

AHAHAHAHAHA omg. Thank you for that! You take your boyfriend role very seriously. Ps: I think Liz Planck  is great.

Edited by MaxRayÎles, 05 November 2017 - 12:49 PM.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 15,946 posts

Is there room for only one in her "camp"? :wacko: :)

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Well, good for him, and may he long continue to preach to the choir. However, that is entirely not the point here.

(And frankly, while also beside the point, I find your dismissal of Liz as "irrelevant" deeply offensive. Because to some of us, the things she stands for matter a great deal. Pity you can't appreciate that.)

Edited by scielle, 05 November 2017 - 06:52 PM.

célinedionfan_16

célinedionfan_16

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

View Postscielle, on 05 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Well, good for him, and may he long continue to preach to the choir. However, that is entirely not the point here.

(And frankly, while also beside the point, I find your dismissal of Liz as "irrelevant" deeply offensive. Because to some of us, the things she stands for matter a great deal. Pity you can't appreciate that.)

Please don't take what I said seriously. I had no intention to offend you or your friend Liz; I am sure she is a lovely person. When I suggested that he would be a better addition to Céline's camp, I was only kidding. When I listed his "accomplishments" I was being purely sarcastic. My comment was not meant to be discordant; it was simply meant to satirically poke fun at the seriousness on the forum. I think it is entertaining that people here believe their comments can impact Céline's career, and they defend them as they would defend their children. We fans can be terribly passionate. I hope that you can forgive me for my overt indiscretion :flowers:

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,780 posts
  • Born: 1986

Sorry, I have to disagree. Liz Planck is a far more superior person to get the word out to the millennial crowd that Celine is cool. Reason being, yes she's a fan...but she doesn't devote herself to every nuance that is Celine Dion. The amount of younger people who follow her, merely for her incite on life in general, allows for a much broader audience. This other guy, while he may be talented...I don't think that reciting Celine's siblings names in birth order is anything to brag about. In fact, I think it screams that he has too much time on his hands and should use it more constructively.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

"Let’s make it clear right off the bat: 2017 was the Year of Céline Dion. My own Québécois pride aside, Céline objectively killed it this year. She served us some serious looks, celebrated 20 years of “My Heart Will Go On” with an astounding performance at the Billboard Music Awards, made it to Drake’s Instagram and launched her own line of handbags."

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts
Celine named in Vanity Fair's list of 2017's best celebrity Instagrammers - https://www.vanityfa...y-instagrammers

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 15,946 posts

View Postscielle, on 27 December 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Celine named in Vanity Fair's list of 2017's best celebrity Instagrammers - https://www.vanityfa...y-instagrammers
Lol how ironic! That's just funny considering her reluctance to publicly embrace social media. I say publicly because I believe she is plugged in. The award I guess should go to her team. Yay team Celine!

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,151
  • 880 posts
  • Born: 1985
New 'retrospective' of Céline's style:

First the 'Lawless years:
https://www.gofugyou...s-years-12-2017

Then the 'Law abiding' years:
https://www.gofugyou...g-years-12-2017

Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,151
  • 880 posts
  • Born: 1985
For some reason this Tweet is going viral now, but I love it!

https://twitter.com/...594715453022208

Viral clip reminds the world once again that Céline Dion is amazing:
http://www.towleroad.../celine-dion-3/

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

View PostDancing_Queen, on 30 December 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yeah, this one's been hard to miss lately!

Bruno Portugal

Bruno Portugal

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,815
  • 1,842 posts
It's time to announce the release date of Celine's new English album...

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

View PostDancing_Queen, on 30 December 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Another one that's been making the rounds in the last day or so -

Now, why can't she look like that when she's on national TV?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 430 user(s)

nuts2you, Ejion, pat200, Dane, Cuchi, noyau, PuraVida, nahuelsc, Ororo Munroe, Katie, ivo, scielle, Smart17, DionFanAlways, Céline RO, québecflower, joaofilho, Naiomi zhannah, Celinex, wjd, Taking Chances, celinefanonline, Only one celine, isabel leite, Jeff Abbott, Remon, chs, maki_Dion-er, Chantemoi, HushNow, duri, donpi86, jpatdeleon09, Sosof12, smw, juls75, Alliot, nowanorris, Your_Su_Phu, Davey84, jaapjan, Zofia, karalayna, Balao, Domi, hoosierito, Joe, manolo19, rhonda813, ryba, hugo020, manu23, ssummer, queenofvegas, stone, Neddo, BartFCS, Jackie, Ajax, roro, rpopowski, iza, kathyc25, Alex_Incognito, Loup_garou, minolli, felicia, Critiaslux, Mac, Xpresso, JulienMcbeal, jwawesomepanda, Ukrfan, mebe, Peter12345, maikan, Robrules3, incognito, Philippe, celinedionfan1, Nmj, mattia, rfkavanagh, CDion05, TommKat22, twk3395, GameC, Henri, Dancing_Queen, maria_k, giannislyber, dionicfan, tdolson88, sarit_celine, zeopower6, PC_59, Frankiboy, anewdayhascome, Alice, PaulTo, MusicCollection, IL_DINO, pepillo90, GUSAM28, CSchmidt, ruimarques, Daysleeper, celine_rox, Peppercorn1991, alextrusca, dawn, marc-02, celinesounds, ajguerras, chinit0, CelineIloilo, Flymetothemoon, celfan123, isurrender, cdurand54, aileejang05, selsdion, CelineDionForeverNY, Schwa83, Holborn, jmiracle, Andy Man, Esty, ordinary fan, comingback, lyn, danger, Contre Nature, Kian, superibi, couldawouldashoulda, meow, superuomovate, karen5, takeachance, mdion2006, adi dion, Trombones13, Frozen_Phoenix, delta, CSCfan, krazy_kool_dude, KCM, char_celine, sebulba, Celinefan2019, ramonik, Shaun, Cuquito, tonybower, MTJ, ewh12, empress, ChuChu, sayyed, DestinMg5, ika, No1IrishFan, GoldenLeaf, mari2711, Mary17, Modesta, winforlife, Robbie, chawatak, rathnakumar, stevo, Ben, Angel2006, emmanuel, ffgravygirl82, fred, dorfus, LeChauffeur100, duchess83, angelil78, cher&celinefan, weasley321, bilinkew, trangceline_89, Celine-Fan, Celine Fan 77, brendanm999, Bell, commoncommoncommon, Sonia Descheneaux, Lestat5485, Rea, newday, frankster, tomier, Edgar14, emi&celine, Bartholdemus, Mike--Mtl, contre5nature, Del, Enigma2310, mariox, celine19, joc13, Julianne, stéph14, Sebulba1, rachel9767, MaxRayÎles, Charles, fabricio esteves, praetka, Black Kitten, Lexi, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, Derek F., Roland61, gabidion!, liketheair, CelineGAfan, celinespanishfan, Ronny83, brujocrow, Bruno Portugal, IamRha, celine28, Ziggy68, suddenly22, cec, Hilda, ARTBOP, Javito, reynolds, Mynameiswhatever, drove all night, SantiagoColorado, Mark_Rdam, Jascka01, mike_z, hollylou, Boy, Kyle_Jared, MistaChanel, mar19ieke, andreaaas, smash, WCD199317, totallydi, chrisannabanana, max24, loveisontheway, dixieland, Nautanick, chocolatechip15, Antonio011, Mozzy88, karebear82, Noid Enilec, célinedionfan_16, katleen86, aniaa19, littlechap, brandon_vincent, SACE, Roxlly, WendyG64, somaltseva, YoungMrsH, tomdalbou, CelineTheBest5, Frenchie, RosieBarron, Audreyhat, rock6kev, Shamrock_1982, SlovakClark, Pepperpote, anna, nadeennoody, Kerol, 7777, Brandon, noar, Karlijn, Matias, Celine_2533, Cheska, Cafe67, Newbieeee, Marthe23, garçon, Gulenkov, 4girlsathome, Celine-Express, LcMason, *kirstie*, tessika, CelineDionFreak, clarinetgirl91, bourque222, milotjuh, kidy111, dolores, koala44, Duchess, bsj1701, ceon, LukeD, Coronis, dyusha, PatrickDion22, nomys, davidion, FlOR, jbechs, Goffy, earl36, Dionism, bakorder, dj_a_rock, barbaramuranyi, shasti, jepoi, bgcalde, cup99, PriscillaBarragan, MrTim212, browseceline, chrisel, ThisTime, Hjiddosem, Miha, celian, Andlin, debora, RTafuri, idroveallnight, Davenoosa, Ginahall218, superstar85ca, Dominic, medley, celine4evauk, Caledor, Krys, Niko's, annayang, artistman2007, I Drove All Night!, celinish98, crazy4music, celine4eva, westpalm542, kashief, markg, vzon, lucassfilho, tristan.josef, MonDion, seanibreeze, dodobird, Jeffieboi, celinefan2011, Vole, Moo112, enno2007, sander21, Brady, djdanii, Manila, banananas, ilka, justinecoria, yellowrose14, CelineVT, sash546, sunnyday, newyorksnl15, Davar, andrecb, StrangeDays, Jessyka, AidenAiena, meanttofly, quebecker, abadi, CelineAndRene, NoamC, phoebekins, changepas39, Scramasboy, clbmed02, klmalling, swimmer, Lotty, sweetlovers1224, homerton, Ncarbia, neil1981, Pangloss76, neilg, natalie_, hala, imaswede78, WindyCityCelineFan, MalaysiaCeline, celine_foreva, Overjoyed, live to love, manilou, teresa3717, Rossum89, $P!K&, the power of celine, Chad-IV, tiniann88, marif, andyw024, actofcontrition, viniscand, lllBeautifulll, amerikevin, Timster, Rachel_5, Magda5, Simon, Milena5, Muppetcanfly1995

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy