Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine's stylist: Law Roach

917 replies to this topic

mirage

mirage

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 112
  • 6,826 posts
  • Local time: 04:51 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1985
We can all have a opinion about Law and her fashion.

But we can't deny the fact that she still is subject for many many many blogs and pages about fashion.

They created something that the big company Sony isn't able to do.

scielle, on 14 September 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

https://www.whowhatw...line-dion-style

scielle

scielle

Celine Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 4,835 posts
  • Local time: 10:51 PM
  • Born: 1982
https://www.theguard...cks-angel-wings

drove all night

drove all night

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,175
  • 2,784 posts
  • Local time: 03:51 AM

scielle, on 06 October 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

Thanx for sharing. Very interesting to read. :flowers:

Critiaslux

Critiaslux

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 33,048
  • 555 posts
  • Born: 1978
https://www.graziame...outure-comeback

MEET LAW ROACH: THE MAN BEHIND CELINE DION'S EPIC COUTURE COMEBACK

Haute from his star turn at Simply Dubai, America’s Next Top Model judge, image architect to the famous and fabulous, and the brains behind Céline Dion’s couture comeback, Law Roach meets Grazia to discuss all things fashion, celebrity and beyond

Before she started her fashion thing, we all had this idea of Céline, this legend, the voice, the Vegas shows, the couture gowns. However, no one really knew the cool CélineHe’s styled them all. From songstress Zendaya to the legendary diva that is Céline Dion, Roach has certainly clothed a diverse set of powerful women. With a roster this unique it is important for him to really understand his client. “I always go in very open minded and really try to figure out who they are, and not just who we think they are. I think that’s what made the collaboration with Céline and myself really great – I quickly understood who she was. Before she started her fashion thing, we all had this idea of Céline, this legend, the voice, the Vegas shows, the couture gowns. However, no one really knew the cool Céline” he explains.

The French-Canadian singer discovered Roach after enquiring about who styled Zendaya. “She started looking at my work with Zendaya and she loved it! Céline thought it was also appropriate for her. So I went to Vegas and met with her. We talked for 45 minutes and then two days later I received a call from her team saying that she wanted me to go to Paris with her for a month – and one month has now turned into three years.”

"If you can’t be as big as them, then you’re going to seem small and you won’t be taken seriously.”

The collaboration has been mutually beneficial, Roach explains. “It came at a time when I think she needed something new. I started working with her four months after her husband, René, and her brother passed away, so she was going through a lot. I think that the universe put us together at a perfect time because she needed a change and I needed to be challenged in my career. Céline Dion is a machine, a legend – and I didn’t have that type of experience at the time. I had worked with big stars before, like Ariana Grande, but I learned so much from Céline – about fashion and tailoring. So for me to be pushed into that and test my limits was a challenge.” And push she did. Céline has been making headlines for her sartorial choices ever since the duo joined force
The self-proclaimed image architect is also known for forging his own path. “I’ve always been the same person, even as a teenager. I didn’t know how I would get to where I am now, but I knew I was going to get here. I think that most people get caught up in trying to figure out a role or the next step when they really only have to focus on the end result. And I’ve always been the type of person to focus on the end result,” reveals Roach.
When working with stars such as Ariana Grande, Mary J. Blige and Anne Hathaway it is important to be able to hold your own. “I did not have a lot of opportunity. I’m not from anyone’s legacy. Nepotism didn’t get me where I am. It was me working hard and figuring out the situation – but also believing in what I think is right and having convictions and the confidence to be in a room with someone like Céline Dion and still have an opinion. This takes a lot of confidence because the people I work with are big. If you can’t be as big as them, then you’re going to seem small and you won’t be taken seriously.”

"It started the narrative that black hair is beautiful and should be celebrated."

His career highlight was a political one. “When Zendaya went to the Oscars in 2015 wearing a Vivienne Westwood gown and faux dreadlocks – that caused quite a stir but also started an important conversation about black hair. To be part of that type of social and cultural change was a very proud moment. It changed a lot. After that you saw women in the workplace wearing dreads and braids. Black women started going on the carpet with natural hair. It started the narrative that black hair is beautiful and should be celebrated.”
Roach is also no stranger to our region. He is a fan of designers Elie Saab, Nicolas Jebran and Zuhair Murad and loves Middle Eastern style. “I’m really intrigued by modest fashion because for me that’s styling. The accessories and the layering – that is what I think fashion really is.”

“I’m really intrigued by modest fashion because for me that’s styling. The accessories and the layering – that is what I think fashion really is.”

So who would he like to style next? “No-one. I just don’t think that way. I’m very spiritual when it comes to my work. If I’m supposed to be in your life then the universe will put me in your life. If you need me or I need you then it will happen.”

Edited by Critiaslux, 25 October 2018 - 03:28 PM.

CELINO

CELINO

Let the world see the real you...

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 7,060
  • 6,151 posts
  • Born: 1989
Hi guys :flowers:

Did you see one of the last posts Law made on Instagram? What happened to him? Anyone knows?

Posted Image

Bruno Portugal

Bruno Portugal

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,815
  • 1,440 posts
"Because You Loved Me" is playing on Law Roach Insta Story...

:)

maki_Dion-er

maki_Dion-er

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,012
  • 1,103 posts
  • Born: 1990

Bruno Portugal, on 09 January 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

"Because You Loved Me" is playing on Law Roach Insta Story...

:)

probably picking out what Celine will wear this Sunday for the Aretha tribute.

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 4,420 posts
  • Local time: 11:51 AM
  • Born: 1993
Is he ok now?

stevo

stevo

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,224
  • 4,676 posts
  • Born: 1982

jpatdeleon09, on 10 February 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Is he ok now?

He’s back to work anyway.

I wonder if Céline sent him flowers like everyone else seemed to- I hope she continues to work with him. He’s respected.

Instagram @stephen___________

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,339
  • 6,989 posts
  • Born: 1978

stevo, on 10 February 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

He’s back to work anyway.

I wonder if Céline sent him flowers like everyone else seemed to- I hope she continues to work with him. He’s respected.
He very recently did an interview, I think last week, where he lists Céline has his client. So I guess he's still her main stylist

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 14,192
  • 5,054 posts

Coming soon... Catfight between Law and Pepe for THE job! :D

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 7,312 posts
  • Born: 1998
Technically Sydney was HIS assistant there for a while so it does make sense. Law probably communicates through Sydney if I had to guess.
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • 4,420 posts
Law: Sydney!
Sydney: Yeah?
Law: Watch out for that Pepe guy...
Sydney: Pepe? Why?
Law: HE’S MINE! Tell that to Céline, ok? I’M BACK *CENSORED*

LOL

Can’t wait for Law to style Céline again :)

Danystar

Danystar

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 23,713
  • 311 posts
  • Born: 1986

jpatdeleon09, on 12 February 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Law: Sydney!
Sydney: Yeah?
Law: Watch out for that Pepe guy...
Sydney: Pepe? Why?
Law: HE’S MINE! Tell that to Céline, ok? I’M BACK *CENSORED*

LOL

Can’t wait for Law to style Céline again :)

Can't wait for Annie to style Céline again!!!

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • 4,420 posts

Danystar, on 12 February 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Can't wait for Annie to style Céline again!!!

Yeah! Why not both :)

ruimarques

ruimarques

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,090
  • 166 posts

jpatdeleon09, on 12 February 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yeah! Why not both :)

Oh my God !!! Please not!

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • 4,420 posts

ruimarques, on 13 February 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

Oh my God !!! Please not!

Hahahaha

ruimarques

ruimarques

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,090
  • 166 posts

jpatdeleon09, on 13 February 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

Hahahaha

Just to be clear, NO MORE ANNIE HORTH ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 440 user(s)

Xpresso, Celinex, Ncarbia, empress, Zofia, jaapjan, winforlife, angelil78, iza, Boy, nuts2you, Angel2006, stone, Rea, celfan123, karalayna, delta, ordinary fan, tessika, Katie, pat200, giannislyber, Cuchi, nowanorris, isabel leite, québecflower, Enigma2310, BartFCS, anewdayhascome, Holborn, roro, Nmj, DionFanAlways, Celine Fan 77, Loup_garou, Naiomi zhannah, joaofilho, CSCfan, scielle, ruimarques, jmiracle, maria_k, Ajax, duri, alextrusca, dawn, TommKat22, maki_Dion-er, duchess83, ryba, rpopowski, GameC, Peppercorn1991, stéph14, bronzey, Your_Su_Phu, bakorder, comingback, KCM, manu23, PaulTo, Joe, the power of celine, Critiaslux, pepillo90, jwawesomepanda, bky25, celinefan1991, chawatak, karen5, celinefanonline, somaltseva, jpatdeleon09, minolli, hugo020, Shamrock_1982, mdion2006, Domi, Celine-Express, Remon, Sebulba1, Mark_Rdam, drove all night, cher&celinefan, CelineTheBest5, Roland61, Bell, HushNow, Lexi, Jeff Abbott, ivo, mattia, frana, Modesta, Julianne, your_light, mar19ieke, celine19, CelineDionForeverNY, Ronny83, ajguerras, MistaChanel, Brandon, ssummer, celine28, Bruno Portugal, Davey84, CELINO, Julien Brocquet, bilinkew, stevo, debora, MalaysiaCeline, actofcontrition, RosieBarron, MTJ, liketheair, TakingChancesFAN, Flymetothemoon, CelineGAfan, hollylou, marif, max24, pavel323, tomantha, aileejang05, Niko's, Ororo Munroe, No1IrishFan, sayyed, Schwa83, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, Kyle_Jared, bourque222, Sosof12, wlsntc, Del, reynolds, budtkaboy2000, felicia, Jackie, Wessy1909, tomdalbou, cec, celinesounds, Javito, brandon_vincent, brendanm999, Alex_Incognito, chs, LeChauffeur100, Antonio011, Mozzy88, karebear82, chocolatechip15, jeje03100, mrkase, emmanuel, célinedionfan_16, pame-65, twk3395, emi&celine, phoebekins, Miha, fabricio esteves, Evulik, anna, YoungMrsH, pisces0384, meow, SACE, fab, takeachance, aniaa19, baton1, Samantha-Jayne, mikecdfan, GoldenLeaf, joc13, rachel9767, Digipal, bogris, Audreyhat, Kerol, I Drove All Night!, neil1981, CELINE MARIE, rgomezric, pegasus, 4girlsathome, CelineDionFreak, adi dion, Leone, IamRha, dixieland, PuraVida, chrisel, SlovakClark, Ukrfan, Cafe67, WindyCityCelineFan, smw, LukeD, leus, Taking Chances, maikan, Gulenkov, 7777, noar, danger, superstar85ca, Newbieeee, candicat98, couldawouldashoulda, Agnieszka M, clbmed02, neilg, Noid Enilec, Matias, PriscillaBarragan, Frenchie, mikimouse77, emiliejolie, nadeennoody, shasti, Philippe, incognito, sandro_dunn, Vole, Marthe23, suddenly22, violet, Karlijn, browseceline, MaxRayÎles, *kirstie*, Milena5, lyn, ThisTime, dmeredith, mike_z, Nautanick, milestogo, celine_foreva, Cheska, Kristinaz, Balao, contre5nature, Timster, carthal, Igor_Moscow, Thinktwicefan, Teddik, Viva las Vegas, Roxlly, Lotty, Bruno Dion, celinedion87, marc-02, milotjuh, Bartholdemus, matt987, kidy111, Javier_Natalio, béné, jjlovescéline, Bellamy, nomys, MusicCollection, soleil, VintageCeline, chinit0, laly25, Jessyka, artistman2007, jepoi, MaiconSC, Contre Nature, gian982, katleen86, CDion05, lucassfilho, Hjiddosem, CelineIloilo, ika, bgcalde, calirun1979, Krys, CelinesGem, dodobird, DestinMg5, hala, Alliot, smash, dyusha, Dancing_Queen, kevincheung410, lost84, Edgar14, gafsa, trls, mc1993, davidion, aafass, maddy05, celinish98, CaesarCeline, isurrender, cup99, andrecb, shahil, Dominic, Davar, live to love, Goffy, lino, Caledor, mebe, ceon, jbechs, agentwigs, dolores, AutourDeCélineDion, tristan.josef, remykyes, idroveallnight, Hilda, ewan123, Magda5, Dertz1, MrTim212, Mary17, A new day..., Shaun, Frozen_Phoenix, kashief, EnchantingDion333, Annajensen, kathy4, riobeard11, onlymist, Daora, vr6chickbeenfound, BornToBeLikeCeline, dmh, andreaaas, celinedionfan1, annayang, manolo19, tomier, flutefreak, kathykit, natalie_, vedia19861207, newyorksnl15, wenneke, IlearnedFromTheBest, Brady, daccord_12, Scramasboy, bbn67, NicoNV, mari2711, CelineDionFanatic, Holycrap!05, MonDion, stlcardsfan, Manila, enno2007, Alice, muske95, sunnyday, frankster, Nando Férri, shih-tzu, canardion, rock6kev, Lolo88, vivitle, wjd, krazy_kool_dude, Neddo, Jeffieboi, Maxim Kuliev, Cuquito, orca_ab, mm_nj, CelineVT, garçon, Jamieb12321, Pepperpote, imaswede78, Dylan Callender, ilka, Daysleeper, sash546, wayne0223, rondoc2003, lllBeautifulll, StrangeDays, TiagoFragoso05, paradox, ewh12, quebecker, manilou, iancobb, Tine, Kellybag, koala44, Coronis, mandana, celinelover03, donpi86, becca, Lizzy, LVCeline, homerton, quaizee, Ad3line, Fanxiaoqiang, SvetlanaSav, viki, zuv, PC_59, unclediva, azlan, SuperLove4Celine, Moo112, jorn, motylik6, popstarjim3, yellowrose14, vroni, celine4evauk, Duchess, cdurand54, CyberCat, JLB3663, Oisbird, Simon

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy