Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Céline Dion Collection - Official TopicFall 2017

951 replies to this topic

LukeD

LukeD

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,036
  • 4,890 posts
  • Local time: 07:41 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1989

POPULAR

My first comment when I joined the forum was a complaint regarding the Walmart performance of Celine. It seemed to me she had demeaned herself by being there, lipping a few songs and then getting back home. I have also had my share of criticisms about her reality shows, because I felt she exposed her personal life, giving us info I never cared about (like when she was ready to use a tube to breastfeed her baby). I have also complained about her doing Karaoke covers. I simply disagree with people who think this decision had a negative impact in her career. I don't disagree with them for disliking this kind of covers.

With all these in my mind and after what Celine offered us the past years (SA, LMBTL, USF, concerts in Francophone countries and a revamped show in Vegas) I got the impression of a singer with positive and negative traits. What I never doubted is that she is still passionate about recording songs and singing live. In her current show and latest Francophone tour she gave us more live singing that she had given us since the days of TCOML tour. Of course my opinion is also built on the fact that she had been recording/releasing/promoting music as well as performing in a neck-cracking pace from 1981 to 2009. I try to never - never - forget that.

All this was to explain where I'm coming from and how my opinions are shaped. Pretty much the intro of my last comment.

I will not lie that I am not in shock over the comments I read here. Celine is making a business move, there is no denying that. But I fail to see how this affects her artistry, since she is still doing what she is supposed to do: she is giving concerts, she releasing new French music this year and she is working on a new English album too. Had she abandoned these and focused on releasing clothes, accessories and perfumes, then I would most certainly see her lack of interest. However, I try to keep it real and treat an announcement for what it is: AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

Few days ago, after a draining argument with Javito and after the inexplicable way mods responded to this (locking threads and preventing members from posting goes against the freedom of speech as long as the members' discussion/argument is related to the topic), I decided to take a break, possibly a permanent one. Reading the comments here today is the last proof that this forum is not for me anymore. There is way too much negativity, constant complains coming from people who obviously have many issues to deal with in their own lives. Because I see no other reason why someone would sign in here on a daily basis to complain. It is their right to believe what they believe and express themselves, I'm not arguing that, I'm not trying to change that, all I'm saying is that I've had enough.

Enough with the reductive remarks towards Celine, enough with taking things out of context to validate your personal taste, enough with people who consider complaining is a life standard.

Turns out the LuisMa way is the wise one...

Edited by LukeD, 09 June 2016 - 11:02 PM.

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,215 posts
  • Local time: 01:41 PM
  • Born: 1986

View Postincognito, on 09 June 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yeah.  You're like Olivia Pope.

I wish. That would mean I had an affair with a sexy President and Scott Foley. But alas, I drink alone. :wine:

Edited by CelinesDIVO5, 09 June 2016 - 11:07 PM.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Angel2006

Angel2006

Celine Addict

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,861
  • 3,456 posts
  • Born: 1989
Hmm. The first thing mentioned for release in Celine's lifestyle brand is fitness wear. Maybe this means that Celine is planning on working out and getting into top physical shape. I wonder if, by this time next year she'll be like Carrie Underwood who is on the current cover of Us Magazine, looking fit a sporting her fitness wear?

Or maybe she'll do fitness wear commercials like Kate Hudson. Health issues have been a part of Celine's life and her families life for awhile now, so maybe Celine wants to start living the healthiest lifestyle possible and wants to share health advice and tips she's learned through her journey with her fans.

All I know is that any equipment that she puts out involving leg fitness is going to sell like hot cakes. LOL.
Posted Image

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,148 posts
  • Local time: 02:41 PM
  • Born: 1987
Haven't gone through and read everyone's comments yet -- but, personally, I am just fine with this decision to start a lifestyle product brand.

I think this is a new chapter in Celine's life and career.

She's given us a LOT and, apparently, she will continue to surprise us for years to come. I am thrilled that Celine didn't decide to hang up her microphone when Rene's passed away and I am along for the ride no matter what decisions she and her team makes.

I cannot wait for the new French album and for footage from these upcoming concerts!

Queen Celine Forever! B)

Edited by smw, 10 June 2016 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 12,788 posts
  • Born: 1985

View Postnuts2you, on 09 June 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Now I wonder if she will even go on QVC/ HSN  Like she did with the tour DVD /CD

If she's giving away an exclusive promo CD with the purchase of the goods as she did with the QVC thing, I'm all for it! :-D :P

(just kidding...)

View PostXpresso, on 09 June 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Well it's not like she will start going to retail stores and sell her pillows and shoes herself. :-D
She can do whatever she wants to. Who are we to say she should only do this and that... bla bla...
When you have done the same job for about 35 years, most people would also want to try something different - without necessarily giving up their first love completely...

We're nobody to say that, sure! Problem is that we've seen with each new album release how she's far more concerned about performing always the old songs, hits and classics, instead of promoting the new material she has just released in her concerts, hence diminishing her credibility as a singer. She releases new material as if she did it for commitment with the record label.

When she puts together a new show/concert, in 2008, 2011, 2013, the French tour coming in 2016... and especially when she's having a new CD out, it should be given for granted that the NEW show should be focused on promoting the NEW material, and that it would consist at least of a 60% of new songs, and 40% of old songs. But what happens with Céline is that she just includes 3 to 5 new songs and the rest of the concert is based on the same songs she's been singing for ages, repeatedly on each and every concert/tour, when it should be the opposite. And if she includes more new songs besides of those that have just been recorded, those new songs are covers, random covers that are not the songs for which people and fans feel in love with because they found them in her CDs.

Each time she includes those covers, they eliminate the chance for any of the GREAT songs she has in her albums to ever be performed on stage.

Each time she keeps including the same old hits, either in English or French, she eliminates the chance to ever shine for any of her own new/old songs that she has never performed yet on the stage.

We're talking about promotion, sure. The correct promotion of her new material. But we're also complaining and talking about her credibility as an artist, and with news like this we see it diminishing more and more each day, in favour of other areas she wants to explore. That's fine, if that's what she wants to do. It's fine if she does a new show the next 2 months in Europe and Canada and she wants to keep singing just 4-5 new songs and then include the exact same French and English hits she's been singing in all her previous tours and concerts. But that will help little to help her evolution as an artist, and consequently, give her credibility as a true artist.

We should ask ourselves as fans: what kind of singer is Celine Dion today? What kind of singer we see in her concerts? And what kind of singer does Celine herself want to be in her future? Does she want to stay where she is or still want to go somewhere else? And will she do it for her, or for the public?

Like I said in other post, long gone are the times when she constantly said that she dreamed to record an album in a new language, or do a an album in a specific music style. Those were projects for her music career. But how long it's been since she doesn't express any particular wish for her career as a singer? More specifically, what are her ambitions as a singer today? Does she have any at this point (besides performing live, which she clearly enjoys)? If she doesn't, I'd be worried. Because a singer with no new wishes and ambitions for her career, will get comfortable where she/he is and won't feel the need to progress and offer new things to the public. And in Céline's case, I see that happening already. She's got very comfortable in Vegas, maybe too much, artistically talking.

So that's why I think some fans would see this news as a kind of new "deviation" of her career as a singer, a true singer. She keeps looking rather uninterested in performing her own material as a singer and more enthusiastic about other projects and what other people tells her to do (sing this cover now, perform this old song here, start a business now...). To this I'd say: fine, that's okay. But please don't forget fans expect you to sing the songs you record on your albums, each time you release a new one :)

For the time being, it is just an announcement, and we don't know how much will Céline be involved in this. But let's just *hope* that this won't take an ounce of the energy and passion she still has for music. As long as she keeps recording new albums, and promoting them when she sings, that's fine.

View PostSuperLove4Celine, on 09 June 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

The point I'm trying to make is just because someone does the things you listed, doesn't automaticalky make them an artist.  For the most part, all Celine does is sing the words somebody else wrote and hits the notes someone else tells her to hit.  Until she starts being more involved in the creation process, I will continue to view her as an amazing vocalist/entertainer, but not an artist.

THIS :yes:

Edited by Javito, 10 June 2016 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image

"Et je t'aime encore... comme dans les chansons banales..."

stevo

stevo

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,224
  • 4,689 posts
  • Local time: 06:41 PM
  • Born: 1982
Who is going to buy these things though? It's different when it comes to her music. Is there really a demand for gym pants with her name on them? I'm having trouble getting excited by this. Sorry to sound negative but I just feel it's going to be cheap and cringey.
Instagram @stephen___________

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 6,926 posts
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasnt this idea from Celine and Rene before he died? I remember hearing this somewhere a while back, so I don't think it was Aldo's idea.
For Sale: Please PM me if interested! :)
Posted Image

anewdayhascome

anewdayhascome

A New Day

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,537
  • 9,784 posts

View PostShamrock_1982, on 10 June 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasnt this idea from Celine and Rene before he died? I remember hearing this somewhere a while back, so I don't think it was Aldo's idea.

No, it was Aldo who said in an interview when he took over the management that he has many ideas for Celine she could explore...
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006  Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016  Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,125 posts
  • Born: 1984

View Poststevo, on 10 June 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Who is going to buy these things though? It's different when it comes to her music. Is there really a demand for gym pants with her name on them? I'm having trouble getting excited by this. Sorry to sound negative but I just feel it's going to be cheap and cringey.

I can't image Celine actually being a threat to Beyoncé with her MyPark line...

Seriously I think this is doomed to fail. The perfumes worked great and even was interesting for collectors; bonus cds/dvds. But this... What is their demographic?! Home moms, grannies and everything inbetween age 38 to 112?!

I truly hope these products will be chique and Celine actually is envolved in creating them, and not just approving her name to be on it... but I fear that will be the case.

All this sh!t they offer and yet we can't get her first album on CD, so many tours not on DVD, so many albums not on LP or in a special format, no albums with rare songs... Aldo clearly doesn't care about her music :dots:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Matias

Matias

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,352
  • 2,383 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 PM
Oh well, hereit comes...sheets by Celine Dion, travel neck pillow by Celine Dion...silver wear by Celine....
Hopefully will be classy....

Posted Image

"No no, put it back..."

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 12,788 posts

View PostDavey84, on 10 June 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

All this sh!t they offer and yet we can't get her first album on CD, so many tours not on DVD, so many albums not on LP or in a special format, no albums with rare songs... Aldo clearly doesn't care about her music :dots:

Exactly. 35 years of career, the best-selling singer in the world and yet they are unable to make her first albums available today, so many unreleased material that they have, a "Collector's series" collection that is incomplete because who-knows-what-is-the-silly-reason, and so on.

They don't even care to re-release her best-selling albums, FIY and LTAL in the "Collector's Edition" series they started with her in 2007, not even in THIS year for the 20th anniversary of FIY, for which all they care to do is to post a rehearsed comment on her Facebook.

And yet all they care is to put her name on home goods and pijamas and call it a "natural evolution of her career" :doh:

Blah blah blah blah blah, complaints moaning, complaints moaning :P Yes, I'm so disappointed because this news SUCK. For a singer that could release tons of material each year without moving a finger, and she has a record label that all can do is release a box set this year with the exact same CDs we can buy separately and that everyone has since ages :doh:

Just hope that someone from her team reads this forum. Aldo, dear... You'd better surprise us with the French and English albums -_-

Edited by Javito, 10 June 2016 - 04:23 AM.

Posted Image

manu23

manu23

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,389
  • 937 posts

POPULAR

When I read some comments here about how little Celine cares about her music career, about how she dares to embrace new projects when her music career is almost dead, and all that blah blah blah I just think how can some fans be so selfish and demanding when Celine is probably the hardest worker artist and when she has given us so much already, fans from other artists are probably so jealous of us, but still here we are complaining all the time.

This might take a while but just for a bit of perspective:

Celine Dion   
La voix du bon Dieu (1981)
Céline Dion chante Noël (1981)
Tellement j'ai d'amour... (1982)
Les chemins de ma maison (1983)
Chants et contes de Noël (1983)
Mélanie (1984)
C'est pour toi (1985)
Incognito (1987)
Unison (1990)
Dion chante Plamondon (1991)
Celine Dion (1992)
The Colour of My Love (1993)
D'eux (1995)
Falling into You (1996)
Let's Talk About Love (1997)
S'il suffisait d'aimer (1998)
These Are Special Times (1998)
All the Way... (1999)
A New Day Has Come (2002)
One Heart (2003)
1 fille & 4 types (2003)
Miracle (2004)
D'elles (2007)
Taking Chances (2007)
Sans attendre (2012)
Loved Me Back to Life (2013)

Tours:
1985 Céline Dion en concert
1988 Incognito tournée
1990–1991 Unison Tour
1992–1993 Celine Dion in Concert
1994–1995 The Colour of My Love Tour
1995–1996 D'eux Tour
1996–1997 Falling into You Tour
1998–1999 Let's Talk About Love World Tour
2003–2007 A New Day...
2008–2009 Taking Chances Tour
2011–2019 Celine
2013 Sans attendre Tour

Madonna
Madonna (1983)
Like a Virgin (1984)
True Blue (1986)
Like a Prayer (1989)
Erotica (1992)
Bedtime Stories (1994)
Ray of Light (1998)
Music (2000)
American Life (2003)
Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005)
Hard Candy (2008)
MDNA (2012)
Rebel Heart (2015)

Tours:
The Virgin Tour (1985)
Who's That Girl World Tour (1987)
Blond Ambition World Tour (1990)
The Girlie Show World Tour (1993)
Drowned World Tour (2001)
Re-Invention World Tour (2004)
Confessions Tour (2006)
Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008–09)
The MDNA Tour (2012)
Rebel Heart Tour (2015–16)

Mariah Carey
Mariah Carey (1990)
Emotions (1991)
Music Box (1993)
Merry Christmas (1994)
Daydream (1995)
Butterfly (1997)
Rainbow (1999)
Glitter (2001)
Charmbracelet (2002)
The Emancipation of Mimi (2005)
E=MC² (2008)
Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (2009)
Merry Christmas II You (2010)
Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse (2014)

Tours (not very long ones):
Music Box Tour (1993)
Daydream World Tour (1996)
Butterfly World Tour (1998)
Rainbow World Tour (2000)
Charmbracelet World Tour (2003–04)
The Adventures of Mimi (2006)
Angels Advocate Tour (2009–10)
The Elusive Chanteuse Show (2014)
The Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour (2016)
All I Want For Christmas Is You, A Night of Joy & Festivity (2014–15)
Mariah Carey#1's (2015–16)

Shania Twain
Shania Twain (1993)
The Woman in Me (1995)
Come On Over (1997)
Up! (2002)

Tours:
Triple Play Tour (1993; with John Brannen and Toby Keith)
Come on Over Tour (1998–99)
Up! Tour (2003–04)
Shania: Still the One (2012–14)
Rock This Country Tour (2015)

Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera (1999)
Mi Reflejo (2000)
My Kind of Christmas (2000)
Stripped (2002)
Back to Basics (2006)
Bionic (2010)
Lotus (2012)

Tours:
Christina Aguilera in Concert (2000–01)
The Stripped Tour (2003)
Back to Basics Tour (2006–07)

I could continue, but this gives you an idea of how much Celine focus on her music career, most than any other on the list. One can argue she doesn't write her own songs, but that's irrelevant to me, if the song is good what's the difference? Do you rather listen to a bad song just because is written by the artist? Do you listen to all Mariah Carey songs because she wrote them? Do you prefer Music Box to Falling into You just because Mariah wrote the majority of songs? Then maybe you are a fan of the wrong artist...

Edited by manu23, 10 June 2016 - 04:46 AM.

flutefreak

flutefreak

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,245
  • 1,843 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM
  • Born: 1979
I won't judge until the products are out.  Very curious as to what her role will be creatively with this.  I hope she is involved more than just approving her name to be on it.  I will totally buy any workout gear that makes my legs look like hers :)

spunkransum

spunkransum

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 27,943
  • 286 posts
  • Born: 1994
Think about it though, what do people always say about Celine? Most of the time it's how she seems so relatable to every day life and she's down to earth people feel like they can connect with her. Besides by 2017 I may finally get a ring on my finger and could put the house wares on my registry. :sofunny:

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 12,788 posts

View Postmanu23, on 10 June 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

When I read some comments here about how little Celine cares about her music career, about how she dares to embrace new projects when her music career is almost dead, and all that blah blah blah I just think how can some fans be so selfish and demanding when Celine is probably the hardest worker artist and when she has given us so much already, fans from other artists are probably so jealous of us, but still here we are complaining all the time.

You are so right Manu, Celine has given us SO much already and has an incredibly vast career, but in my case what I say is how much could be done with her catalogue (including the unreleased material) if only her record label had some interest in her, which clearly they don't since more than 10 years ago. Only SMFrance give us some delights from time to time. That's what I've always said, the problem in most of the cases is Sony Music, not Céline herself. I'm not asking Céline to break her *ss and do today the exhausting promotions she did in the 90's, but her record label could support and promote her much much better than what they've done since 2003.

So if Sony Music is not treating her music the way it deserves, and giving ther albums the exposure and promotion they deserve, why stay with them? There's no sense. Unless Céline is so comfortable with the little effort they put with her albums, which would be worrying too. But one thing is clear, and it's that everytime she releases a new album, we have been disappointed in some way or another with the poor choice of singles, the scarce promotion they've had in many cases, and the short number of singles chosen, when each album had a bunch of songs to be promoted and sent to radios.

Not to mention the most recent monumental mistake, that Loved Me Back To Life had no videoclip. Who in his right mind decided that, for the song that was supposed to be her comeback after 6 years without new English material? That was a big faux pas.
And "Sans Attendre", with the success it had, and she never performed the song that gave the album its title, "Attendre" (the best French song she has recorded since 2003, IMO)??? Ridiculous. The album was named "Sans Attendre" and not with any other title for a reason, and yet she never performed the song in the tour, not in any of the TV shows they did. That's silly sorry, and makes no sense.

These are very, very stupid mistakes that other record company with a name like Celine Dion would never allow, not unless Céline herself decides not to do these things. So who guided Céline to make this stupid mistakes?

Maybe it's time to change the record label. My personal opinion is that it's been high time to do that, though I don't see that ever happening.

Wish she signed with Universal Music...

Edited by Javito, 10 June 2016 - 05:17 AM.

Posted Image

anewdayhascome

anewdayhascome

A New Day

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,537
  • 9,784 posts

View Postmanu23, on 10 June 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

This might take a while but just for a bit of perspective:

But you should take into consideration the fact that it's quality that counts, not the quantity...

And (being not fan of any people you enlisted, not even having any album or listening to them) when you look at setlists from these artists, in comparison to Celine, they include either totally different songs or the same ones but in TOTALLY different order/arrangement/version etc.
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006  Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016  Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 14,846 posts
  • Born: 1965

View Postquébecflower, on 09 June 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

. but there is always this tendancy to see Celine for less that she is. Her succes is not hers, it's René, the authors , the producers, etc , and Celine is too humble to bring it back to her a little. She could say she writes her songs like Beyonce even if it ain't true.
Yes! It's like she had nothing to do with where she's at. The better question should be without Celine where would Rene be and all that used her talent to get what they wanted.
How could you not love this woman!

"You know, the mind is such a wonderful thing...especially mine. It's crazy." Celine, Tour 2018

scielle

scielle

Celine Wannabe

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 4,974 posts
A "natural extension" of Celine's career would be releasing her French music in the US. Or any of the number of things people already mentioned in this thread. NOT this. This, is as unnatural as it gets.  A pure cash grab.

And as already mentioned - "Epic’s singular focus is to maximize earnings for its artists, celebrities..." 'nuff said. Let's not delude ourselves by believing Celine will have any creative involvement here... they'll show her samples, and she'll say 'yay' or 'nay'.  That's it folks.  And frankly, seeing stuff like this, I have less and less faith that she has any remaining ability to be creative... There's barely any hint of an artist left in there.

Aldo's a marketer.  He sees Celine as a brand first and foremost, not an artist.  And that breaks my heart.  The fact that he would say things like "you can't reinvent an artist" [for fear of alienating the existing fan base], and yet he goes and does THIS?  But he won't guide her in exploring new creative avenues IN MUSIC?  You know, the thing that made her great?!  His focus is so far off the mark here.  So sad.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 14,846 posts
I don't see harm in this but to be honest I don't buy things just because it has a celebrities name on it, in fact I generally stay away from the product.  I see the pricing on her product starting high just because of her name. I'm a realist, I can't spend 75 on a pillow case, no matter who's name is on it, when I can get it for 15 somewhere else. (and I don't have to pay shipping )
My curiosity regarding this endeavor is the market they are going for (high end I'm just guessing) and the price points.

Edited by DionFanAlways, 10 June 2016 - 06:49 AM.

"You know, the mind is such a wonderful thing...especially mine. It's crazy." Celine, Tour 2018

scielle

scielle

Celine Wannabe

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 4,974 posts

View PostDionFanAlways, on 10 June 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

I don't see harm in this

I see NOTHING but harm in this.
Except to her (& Aldo's) bank accounts.

NicoNV

NicoNV

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,668
  • 931 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM

View PostMatias, on 10 June 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Oh well, hereit comes...sheets by Celine Dion, travel neck pillow by Celine Dion...silver wear by Celine....
Hopefully will be classy....

I was skeptical until I read travel neck pillow. A good one is hard to find so now I am  totally on board.

Joking aside. I am not skeptical because I don't know anything about any of the products. No one does as they just announced this partnership.

The hard reality is this: Celine's career was intertwined with her marriage. Does anyone want to watch heartbreaking interviews that are emotionally difficult for her and have that shape her entire career and life? No.  I don't. That isn't fair to her at all.

They seem to be rebranding her.
Or maybe they just want to try a new business idea.  Or maybe this is about long term planning and stability. Or maybe she just likes the idea.
In the end, who cares? I do not think it's bad for a person to make money.  It has nothing to do with musical skill or artistic talent. It isn't like she loses an octave with each 10 million she earns.  It isn't like she is incapable of focusing on more than one thing at a time (not to mention, who knows how involved she will even be in this).

Let's just see what this is. If it turns out to be products you don't like, don't buy them.  Regardless, I am buying her music. And there is no sign this new deal means she is not going to record anymore.

(Of course this is just my opinion, and since this is the internet that probably means it's time to cue the lions).

Edited by NicoNV, 10 June 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 12,788 posts

View PostNicoNV, on 10 June 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Let's just see what this is. If it turns out to be products you don't like, don't buy them.  Regardless, I am buying her music. And there is no sign this new deal means she is not going to record anymore.

Not that she's not recording anymore, nor anytime soon. But we can see that each time she takes longuer breaks between one album and the next one, since many years ago. The gaps are now for 4, 5 even 6 years, when she used to record 1 new album every two years or so. Not that she has to keep that pace, but she never spent 6 years without releasing new material before Loved Me Back To Life (at least in English).

What I'm trying to say is that at the end of the day, what she will leave us is the recordings and all the great albums she has released. She won't be remembered for having perfomed a thousand times in LV always singing the same setlists (at least I hope not), but for the quality of the songs she has recorded in her career, and the artist she is in the end. And if the quality of the future recordings and albums she releases is not guaranteed on a regular basis, I think we can say bye bye to the artist she once was. We may have the Celine performer for many years to come still, but I highly doubt that leads anywhere far if she keeps singing the same setlists all the time without taking care of the albums she records and keeping her legacy relevant and fresh in the public's eyes at the same time.

An artist/singer can't live indefinitely in her career always doing the same thing for decades and decades. Public will get tired at some point, sooner or later. So there has to be an evolution and a breath of fresh air to what she does from time to time, and I don't see that happening in Céline's case since 2008.

View Postscielle, on 10 June 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Aldo's a marketer.  He sees Celine as a brand first and foremost, not an artist.  And that breaks my heart.  The fact that he would say things like "you can't reinvent an artist" [for fear of alienating the existing fan base], and yet he goes and does THIS?  But he won't guide her in exploring new creative avenues IN MUSIC?  You know, the thing that made her great?!  His focus is so far off the mark here.  So sad.

Wow, that's harsh. I hope it's not true. I don't want to believe René left Céline's career on the hands of someone who doesn't want to keep the success of Céline as a singer first and foremost :down:

Edited by Javito, 10 June 2016 - 07:56 AM.

Posted Image

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 14,846 posts

View Postscielle, on 10 June 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

I see NOTHING but harm in this.
Except to her (& Aldo's) bank accounts.
Will this ruin her career? No I don't think so. Just another business venture. I think she has been more business savvy then most give her credit for. Yes, she says that she doesn't, or didn't, pay attention to business but I think she belittles her involvement.
What makes me think this way is what she said about buying property. Paraphrasing here but she said it's like monopoly. I believe, she takes business risks.

As for your statement about bank accounts well, yes, they will gain from it. I would do the same if there was an opportunity to make money, you wouldn't? It could be a complete failure also.

Edited by DionFanAlways, 10 June 2016 - 07:59 AM.

manu23

manu23

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,389
  • 937 posts

POPULAR

@Javito: I'm sorry to disagree :)  I think Sony treats Celine's career pretty well. We need to understand once and for all that radios won't play Celine songs, that's not Sony's fault. Celine is 48 years old and radios won't play her (specially in USA). LMBTL was pretty well promoted, Celine was on major tv shows in USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, ... she had the promotion that Sony knows will work for her and that's tv, still LMBTL didn't work well in US but that's not because of the promotion, simply american audience didn't like the new sound, whereas UK audience loved it and she had the highest peak for one of her singles in what? A decade? Celine, as any other product, has a limited budget for marketing and promotion and Sony's marketing team allocate that budget according to the strategy they think will work better. Would you pay millions to radios to play her single when you know the exact moment you stop paying they will stop playing her or would you make sure she is on the final of The Voice? Would you invest on a videoclip that maybe is not targeted to the right audience and will get 10M views (when Rihanna or Adele get billions) or would you have her on the X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing? I'm not saying I don't want a videclip, I'm just saying the budget is always limited. Britney fans will actually complaint about the opposite, all they got as promo last time was a videoclip, she didn't promote at all, she didn't gave a single interview, she didn't perform on tv, is that what works for Britney? Probably and that's why her team does it, they know she is not comfortable performing on TV so they need to find other ways of promotion. Celine presented LMBTL single on Ellen, that alone would have made a song from other younger artist to jump directly to #1 on itunes. I can give more examples but it won't change your opinion, still I must say when it comes to promotion you are wrong, Celine promotes, actually a lot.

@anewdayhascome: SA alone has more quality than any of the latest albums of those artist I listed above. And about setlists I agree as a fan, but as general public, when you go to a concert of a artist that maybe you like, but you don't follow as fan, you want to listen to the songs you know, I recently saw Mariah Carey and she performed her #1 singles with the same arrangements and I was happy with that because it was my first time in her concert and probably the last, on the other hand last year I saw Katy Perry and I was disappointed, the old hits I knew she changed them so much that I din't even like them. I'm not saying that Celine's way is the one to go, I'm just saying that as a casual person attending one of her concerts you expect her hits to be performed. I have read many comments from Madonna fans complaining about the setlist from her last tour because of that reason, too many new songs that weren't so great and some old hits missing. Is hard to please everyone :)

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • 14,846 posts
Just a question are the people against this move worried about her reputation?

Peppercorn1991

Peppercorn1991

Kev

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 13,305
  • 5,632 posts
  • Born: 1991
I'm not worried one bit.... Fans saying celine will is not creative.... Have you seen her houses? She took an active role in the designing of those houses.... If you read her biographys you will know this...

Nobody will persuade me she has no creative skills....

You guys talk about promotion.... What bigger promotion can you get to get her name out there....

And to say she doesn't focus on her music is totally beyond me.... Hello her husband just died... She returns to Vegas.... She is going on tour... New French album..... New English album on the way with possible touring...

Celine's English album is due for fall of 2017, This project is due for fall of 2017... !!!!HELLO!!!! What bigger promotion can you get?!? It's going to get her everywhere....

Kev x

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 12,788 posts

View Postmanu23, on 10 June 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

@Javito: I'm sorry to disagree :)  I think Sony treats Celine's career pretty well. We need to understand once and for all that radios won't play Celine songs, that's not Sony's fault. Celine is 48 years old and radios won't play her (specially in USA). LMBTL was pretty well promoted, Celine was on major tv shows in USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, ... she had the promotion that Sony knows will work for her and that's tv, still LMBTL didn't work well in US but that's not because of the promotion, simply american audience didn't like the new sound, whereas UK audience loved it and she had the highest peak for one of her singles in what? A decade? Celine, as any other product, has a limited budget for marketing and promotion and Sony's marketing team allocate that budget according to the strategy they think will work better. Would you pay millions to radios to play her single when you know the exact moment you stop paying they will stop playing her or would you make sure she is on the final of The Voice? Would you invest on a videoclip that maybe is not targeted to the right audience and will get 10M views (when Rihanna or Adele get billions) or would you have her on the X-Factor and Strictly Come Dancing? I'm not saying I don't want a videclip, I'm just saying the budget is always limited. Britney fans will actually complaint about the opposite, all they got as promo last time was a videoclip, she didn't promote at all, she didn't gave a single interview, she didn't perform on tv, is that what works for Britney? Probably and that's why her team does it, they know she is not comfortable performing on TV so they need to find other ways of promotion. Celine presented LMBTL single on Ellen, that alone would have made a song from other younger artist to jump directly to #1 on itunes. I can give more examples but it won't change your opinion, still I must say when it comes to promotion you are wrong, Celine promotes, actually a lot.

I guess you're right about radios, it looks as if they've permanently banned Céline, but I don't agree with record labels paying radios in order for their artists to be played. That doesn't happen anymore, since singers found new ways of being promoted among fans like the Internet, YouTube and social networks, and it's the public who says who they want to hear and they request it to radios. Public chooses today what they want to listen to with the online music streaming and the music they want to hear. Radios know that, so it's no use that record labels are paying them to play their songs, when a song will be popular for its own means if it has to be.

And yes, Celine promotes much, but sometimes she promotes the wrong songs, we can't deny that. And let's not forget that LMBTL lost all its precious momentum since the day it was premiered in Quebec in July 2013 until 1) the audio single was released and was available (more than 1 month later since its live premiere) and 2) a video was released, which unfortunately was never a proper videoclip. They screwed things up a lot with this single.

Edited by Javito, 10 June 2016 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

somaltseva

somaltseva

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,557
  • 64 posts
  • Born: 1986
Please LET HER TRY, why not!!! We might be surprise, who knows :innocent:

comingback

comingback

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,619
  • 2,068 posts
  • Born: 1979
http://www.elle.com/...-clothing-line/

Stop Everything: Céline Dion Is Launching a Clothing Line

There will also be home furnishings, beauty, and accessories.

Céline Dion is releasing a wide-ranging lifestyle line, including clothing, accessories, beauty, and home furnishings. This means when you belt out Céline ballads alone at home, you can soon live out the full "All By Myself" experience.
The line is unnamed for now—they're calling it "Céline Dion" as a placeholder, according to Billboard.
"In today's world, you need a coordinating and consistent branded approach to everything," Dell Furano, CEO of Epic Rights, the company Dion is partnering with, told Billboard. "On a global level, [artists] need to combine all areas—their music, performances, touring, website, social media—and launching a lifestyle brand was just a natural extension for Celine at this point in her career, particularly because it's all from her point of view."
The products will start rolling out next fall starting with active wear, accessories, eyewear, beauty, and travel products. Then they'll introduce new products over the next three years.

Edited by comingback, 10 June 2016 - 10:21 AM.

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 14,192
  • 5,090 posts
  • Local time: 08:41 PM
If Madonna can open gyms why can't Céline sell anything she wants!?
You know, people who have tons of money always look for new investment opportunities. Céline is switching her real estate portfolio into a business! Hopefully soon she will open her own radio stations and play her own music!! :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 431 user(s)

Lestat5485, nuts2you, joaofilho, Zofia, the power of celine, Javito, Cuchi, ryba, Angel2006, nowanorris, duchess83, dawn, ruimarques, Katie, Holborn, CelineDionForeverNY, alextrusca, scielle, isabel leite, Flymetothemoon, delta, minolli, Celinex, Peppercorn1991, dorfus, giannislyber, québecflower, Sosof12, Modesta, Jackie, hala, DionFanAlways, emmanuel, celinefanonline, maki_Dion-er, Remon, celine19, duri, CSCfan, suchafan66, Celinefan2019, ajguerras, Nmj, ivo, ChuChu, anewdayhascome, Loup_garou, Naiomi zhannah, Rachel_5, HushNow, Critiaslux, béné, Alex_Incognito, Davey84, Black Kitten, bakorder, jwawesomepanda, KCM, max24, frana, mdion2006, ordinary fan, MrTim212, pame-65, lime89, Alliot, commoncommoncommon, angelil78, mattia, jmiracle, jpatdeleon09, Ajax, Fanxiaoqiang, smw, Xpresso, célinedionfan_16, empress, celfan123, unclediva, azteca_1990, JulienMcbeal, Domi, karen5, pepillo90, drove all night, Henri, No1IrishFan, LcMason, Celine Fan 77, rachel9767, meekalo, BartFCS, Kyle_Jared, Simon, Danbaa4, blue_rush14, agentwigs, Ronny83, Kristinaz, kferraz7, Roland61, yellowford, Sebulba1, CelineTheBest5, debora, MTJ, Ziggy68, Bruno Portugal, Kian, Julianne, celinesounds, celine28, Lexi, MaiconSC, Jeff Abbott, Shaun, dittefnielsen, rpopowski, manu23, hugo020, takeachance, Ejion, Mac, smash, thetraveller, stone, crazy4music, secretdennis, Ororo Munroe, incognito, celine_1983, Daysleeper, 4girlsathome, noellemarie, Igor_Moscow, aileejang05, wenneke, Taking Chances, browseceline, gafsa, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, tomantha, cec, WCD199317, chawatak, comingback, Bruno Dion, wlsntc, Regalpeaches, marc-02, puttybuddy, celinedion87, loveisontheway, marif, somaltseva, celine angelil, chinit0, aniaa19, mrkase, maria_k, mar19ieke, Graceland, AuVieuxBaril, sayyed, actofcontrition, MaxRayÎles, brendanm999, emiliejolie, lily94, cher&celinefan, dyusha, fabricio esteves, brandon_vincent, Caledor, jeje03100, CELINE MARIE, Sarah993, Antonio011, chocolatechip15, Timster, ehild, lowell22, Del, Javier_Natalio, celinefanatic2001us, Mozzy88, Viva las Vegas, tal-sh2, biscuit2, MistaChanel, violet, donpi86, Kerol, imaswede78, woodstock, tomdalbou, garint7, Modesty Blaze, Mark_Rdam, Nautanick, SACE, djdanii, yellowrose14, YoungMrsH, leus, candicat98, guigafs15, soleil, onlymist, blueblazers90, GameC, LeChauffeur100, Hilda, SAV02, ewan123, CDion05, firstofone, maikan, Boy, Architsriv0700, RosieBarron, joc13, frankster, andyw024, kevincheung410, jbechs, krazy_kool_dude, roro, Brandon, pat200, Marthe23, danger, Frenchie, chs, Philippe, stéph14, Thinktwicefan, bilinkew, dixieland, Cafe67, Ukrfan, n1ko, wjd, tessika, GoldenLeaf, live to love, celian, couldawouldashoulda, klmalling, chrisel, wayne0223, joka123, Dancing_Queen, Schwa83, earl36, pisces0384, ika, CelineGAfan, Celine-Express, maddy05, felicia, dodobird, celinefan1991, Ginahall218, bgcalde, Audreyhat, rock6kev, contre5nature, mebe, Prima_Donna1, WendyG64, Kong, PC_59, Joe, Scramasboy, WindyCityCelineFan, gian982, iza, pegasus, katleen86, winforlife, clbmed02, Your_Su_Phu, tristan.josef, I Drove All Night!, Samantha-Jayne, WendyB, animal_fragil, koala44, karebear82, Lotty, LukeD, dmeredith, Frozen_Phoenix, psrus, nadeennoody, IamRha, Shamrock_1982, shasti, Mchef1090, ceon, Cheska, Gulenkov, Cuquito, VintageCeline, PriscillaBarragan, artistman2007, twk3395, PatrickDion22, Evulik, lucassfilho, stevo, jjlovescéline, Newbieeee, jepoi, A new day..., phoebekins, hollylou, DestinMg5, AutourDeCélineDion, mike_z, celine4evauk, Hjiddosem, Niko's, Noid Enilec, Jessyka, christy, Leanne, kashief, mikecdfan, CaesarCeline, ThisTime, bourque222, celinish98, daccord_12, ssummer, superstar85ca, Dertz1, mc1993, Esty, Andy1979, Rossum89, superibi, isurrender, kathy4, davidion, SuperLove4Celine, explosives124, Edgar14, A cause, A cause, CelineDionFreak, Lolo88, neocshs, Clari, Milena5, Oisbird, annayang, charo, cdurand54, orca_ab, CelinesDIVO5, coeywong88, celine4eva, Dustin, lyn, enno2007, ilka, Alice, Manila, CyberCat, homerton, CelineAndRene, Neddo, westpalm542, Jacqui, CelineIloilo, banananas, CelineDionFanatic, SlovakClark, alvick53, dj_a_rock, VCKmusic, muske95, Chula, lllBeautifulll, andrecb, ewh12, Matias, felinedion, natalie_, zanif, fbnc, shortswamp, Dylan Callender, chy2j, Dook, SvetlanaSav, Coronis, susieQ, taz111563, reynolds, Muppetcanfly1995, Celcool, jeff74, jaapjan, spunkransum, LVCeline, dlh1, Miha, teresa3717, mirage, tiniann88, Ad3line, destin139, sash546, manilou, Ncarbia, XxLoveIsUnconditionalxX, DoronTam, idroveallnight, tomier, mgreyck, meanttofly, neil1981, CDFan006, melanie_cd, Balao, Marina13, Daora, AidenAiena, Koolan

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy