Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Photoshop CS6 Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mattie

Mattie

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,867
  • 454 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1999
So, I have CS6.  I used to have CS5.  Usually when I select an area of a picture there's square boxes on the corners of the selection so I can expand the image.  They seem to have disappeared, or maybe they just aren't on CS6 altogether.

If someone could help me get these ''corners'' back, please let me know.  I included a picture to show where they're missing..

Posted Image

These are what the ''corners'' should look like.. Posted Image

Edited by Mattie, 04 July 2014 - 09:09 AM.

♦︎ july 7, 2012 - las vegas, nevada

Posted Image

EDWIGE

EDWIGE

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,923
  • 720 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 AM
  • Born: 1980
Sorry i doesn't use Photoshop.

Blog 100 % Céline Dion

http://equipeceline.skyrock.com

Venez nombreux et laissez vos commentaires.

Yentl Anchel

Yentl Anchel

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 53
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 AM
  • Born: 1980
I think it is not there anymore.

Elle est mon idéal, La plus grande étoile

Will be going to Celine march 2 and 5 2016 and June 20 and 21 2016

Mattie

Mattie

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Thanks! :)

Posted Image

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 7,044 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 AM
  • Born: 1977

View PostMattie, on 04 July 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

So, I have CS6.  I used to have CS5.  Usually when I select an area of a picture there's square boxes on the corners of the selection so I can expand the image.  They seem to have disappeared, or maybe they just aren't on CS6 altogether.

If someone could help me get these ''corners'' back, please let me know.  I included a picture to show where they're missing..

Posted Image

These are what the ''corners'' should look like.. Posted Image

You know what the case is? It is not a matter of Cs6 or Cs5, it simpy has to do with modifying a selection.
When you select something the marching ants appear, like here, but what you would like to see, with those corners, is simply modifying the selection.
For instance make the selection wider or smaller. When you choose selection - modify in the topmenu of Photoshop, you will see those corners again.
When you press enter to confirm your modified selection ( or you press the v-mark on top) the selection appears again without corners.
When in modify mode you cannot do something with the area within the selection, therefor you have to confirm the new modified selection.

Another mode though is, press show selection handles in the menu. Be careful when you modify now. Like in this picture with Celine in it, moving those handles will cut the area that was selected out of the rest of the image. When you , for instance make the part bigger you blow up only the selected part.

hope this made some things clear!

Edited by browseceline, 04 July 2014 - 05:00 PM.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mattie

Mattie

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

View Postbrowseceline, on 04 July 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

You know what the case is? It is not a matter of Cs6 or Cs5, it simpy has to do with modifying a selection.
When you select something the marching ants appear, like here, but what you would like to see, with those corners, is simply modifying the selection.
For instance make the selection wider or smaller. When you choose selection - modify in the topmenu of Photoshop, you will see those corners again.
When you press enter to confirm your modified selection ( or you press the v-mark on top) the selection appears again without corners.
When in modify mode you cannot do something with the area within the selection, therefor you have to confirm the new modified selection.

Another mode though is, press show selection handles in the menu. Be careful when you modify now. Like in this picture with Celine in it, moving those handles will cut the area that was selected out of the rest of the image. When you , for instance make the part bigger you blow up only the selected part.

hope this made some things clear!

Thank you!  I'm not sure what to press now, though.  I've tried expanding, contracting, etc., but the corners never show up?
Posted Image

Posted Image

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 7,044 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 AM
  • Born: 1977
ah my fault - modifying is TRANSFORM SELECTION - then the handles will appear!  good luck!
i should have taken a look at my photoshop before answering. It's transforming, ( which is a way of modifying too) - sorry.

Edited by browseceline, 05 July 2014 - 03:04 AM.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mattie

Mattie

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Thank you so so much!! Much appreciated xx

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 28 user(s)

miss-de-carca, arnoglow, Antonio011, alltheway0384, canardion, contre5nature, Ncarbia, SantiagoColorado, bsj1701, Leonardo L, RenÚ 2, ekaitz, celinefan2011, koala44, maria belen, Jackie, Yentl Anchel, Jessyka, kmonline, mibocish, dawn, Mattie, browseceline, TiagoFragoso05, MustangSven, CELINE MARIE, EDWIGE, DionFanAlways

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy