Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

(Short) Review of concert in Antwerp, 22/11

8 replies to this topic

simenverberckmoes

simenverberckmoes

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,710
  • 137 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
Hi everyone,

yesterday (22/11) I went to Céline for her second and last (sold-out) show in Antwerp.

It was the best concert I've ever been to. (and I have been to many concerts, believe me. ^_^)

BUT,
I'm gonna be honest;
the show had to much elements of the Une Seul Fois show.
I thought she was gonna make a whole new show for Antwerp and Paris. Otherwise; why do you call it 'Une SEUL fois' ? :wacko:
Also, the stage was surprisingly small and simple. It was the same shape as the stage of Une Seul Fois, but smaller.

The setlist was good. But because I already watched the Une Seul Fois concert on youtube, I could almost always guess the next song :ermm:.
Once again, she did Tout l'or des hommes specially for Antwerp, just like in 2008 :clap: (the end-note of the song was btw amazing.)

But what I found the best thing of the show(s): she didn't perform as a diva, like she did in 2008. She performed as Céline. No rehearsed boring speeches, no dancers, no elevators and all that stuff; just Céline and the band. I had in 2008 the feeling that she wasn't really herself during the show, she was acting like a diva, and made only a couple jokes. ^_^ . Now she was more soft, the real Céline. During her speech, she talked about Eddy, Nelson and RC, she made jokes, ... . Just Céline. :)
(PS: of course, she IS a diva, but you know what I mean. :thumbsup2: )

oh, and the band, WOW, I REALLY need to say something about them; they were amazing. The solo's were amazing (during Je crois toi + Je sais pas). and like always, they were smiling and having fun the whole night. :thumbsup2:
(the new boys with the trompets, saxophones, ... from the Vegas show are so talented. It's cool that they are also a part of the band.)

Maybe it's just me, but the show felt a bit short. I heard she performed less songs then 21/11...

I also think the name of the tour is a bit wrong... It's not really a 'Sans Attendre' tour, because she didn't perform so much songs from that album and she performed also songs from loved me back to life and her older albums. You can call it the 'Sans attendre with elements of LMBTL and classic songs tour' :laugh:

And then the last thing: playback...
I had the feeling she did almost everything live, like 80 %. (Of course) they used again the pre-recorded track from the vegas show for IACBTMN and TPOL.. I didn't expect she was gonna sing ABM live, but she did (I think).

And now really the last thing :innocent: : Why she was having a mic with a wire?! :wtf:, better sound? I don't think so, because she had several times problems with the mic (and her in-ears). and also the videoscreens didn't work for a moment.

Alright, this was my (first) review. I made it really fast, so don't look at misspellings or other 'fails' please ^_^.
please comment!

Bye,
Sam

PS: i will also post some pics of the show for y'all.

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,186 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 AM
Thanks for the review, Sam! I think you're the first one!

Celinefan1993

Celinefan1993

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,431
  • 264 posts
  • Born: 1993
I think you're right on several points. Maybe she has a new techinician. Both of the concerts she had problems with her in-ears and looked maybe 15 times to her left side to arrange her mic. Thursday she was using her Sennheiser wireless mic like she did also use in her several tours and Vegas concerts.. I have to say, by both mics, the technique wasn't good. There were a lot of monitors in her vicinity. In both bootlegs I made, I can hear the mic howling. As a semiprofessional singer myself, I noticed that her technique when she stood still wasn't good. Shel held the mic to the monitors/ Yesterday I noticed that, Thursday I haven't heard the mic howling.  All above I have to say: The show was better yesterday than Thursday. Thursday was really a mess... She was too late at the beginning by "Dans un autre monde" and "My Heart Will Go On". She sang two times fault by "All By Myself" and "River Deep, Mountain High". She didn't search any attention by the audience like she did yesterday. The lights on the stairs weren't working. She didn't sang "Le Miracle" and "At seventeen" yesterday.  Honestly, I fekt that the shows in Antwerp are more "rehearsalshows" for Paris... All the attention goes to Paris. And that's a pity... We've also paid almost 200 euros for a ticket. But, she's made a good 2-3 million dollars in Antwerp so, I think she's not going to complain. But not everything was good... At leas I gotta say that I, inspite of the errors, really enjoyed the show, especially on Thursday because I was in the row with the Dutch Céline Dion fans and it was awesome... I hope she'll do an Anglophone tour soon and come in Amsterdam and London!

artist

artist

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,536
  • 680 posts
  • Local time: 09:10 PM
  • Born: 1986
I've seen some videos from the show on youtube, and she was really having some issues with the ear monitors.

Edited by artist, 23 November 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

leus

leus

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 41
  • 988 posts
  • Born: 1974
Yes, Friday she sang All by Myself LIVE!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
And eventhough I earlier said she could skip that song (and some other old songs...), I was really glad she sang it!!!!

Ray

Ray

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,721
  • 1,143 posts
  • Born: 1971
@simen, I like your review. But no one is gonna tour with just songs from one album. Most of her tours are named after an album, but she always also sang songs from other albums.
Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika

EA26

EA26

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 27,832
  • 154 posts
  • Local time: 06:10 AM
  • Born: 1990
I was there as well!!!! The concert was amazing! Celine is stunning! Her voice....OMG!  :wub:
Posted Image

J081113

J081113

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32,778
  • 310 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 AM
  • Born: 1988
I saw some photos OL looks like she was repeating some costumes...that dress she preformed for the whitney tribute OMG!!! Beautiful!!

nuts2you

nuts2you

Celine Maniac

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,329
  • 9,074 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 AM
  • Born: 1968
don't forget she buys her clothes , she might be waiting until she get to paris to go shopping with Annie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 120 user(s)

Sarah993, dawn, aileejang05, Domi, kevincheung410, Yentl Anchel, CelineDionFreak, Bruno Dion, Michel xx..., iancobb, EA26, sfbaysinger, Hollisteranfluvr, simenverberckmoes, LuisMa, greg27, WendyB, Amethystj, Celinefan1993, Celinex, Lindah1984, Ashane, violet, salsacolin, zuv, jorjor, bilinkew, Neddo, CelineDionFanatic, JohnFan97, pisces0384, clbmed02, nuts2you, manu23, J081113, celinefan1991, Dionism, cec, MaxRayÎles, ImAliveUK, CELINE MARIE, sayyed, québecflower, Saartjuhh, Taking Chances, leus, maikan, Ncarbia, khader, melanie_cd, Mark_Rdam, P@uline, browseceline, vlad, Lu CelineFan, chocolatechip15, onlymist, MistaChanel, LcMason, JO_Qc, Tine, Niko's, Henri, didiana, Shaun, Lian, ivo, Olaf-Germany, Ray, chrissid79, ssummer, baldanito, deccan, ShellyDuguay, CelineDionForeverNY, artist, karen5, ErwinG, remykyes, phoebekins, calmar, maria_k, ewan123, omega_alpha, Katie, pierk61, Kian, Roland61, celinefanonline, taz111563, pegasus, alltheway0384, mar19ieke, hala, debora, amerikevin, Davey84, neilg, kappe, mike_z, Kristinaz, Joe, Jessyka, superibi, Timster, azlan, aniaa19, binsk, Magda5, DionFanAlways, bgcalde, LeChauffeur100, giannislyber, celine4evauk, kmonline, bbn67, Coolcat, Nautanick, zenmeban, Leanne

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy