Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

"Loved Me Back To Life" (album) - Official TopicDiscuss the latest album

2662 replies to this topic

ordinary fan

ordinary fan

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,922
  • 513 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 PM
  • Born: 1999
Hello everyone, I have a question in general. If one buys the vinyl version of the LMBTL album, it includes the save your soul rap part right? But do one gets only the vinyl or is there a cd included (as a bonus)? Because I would like to have the save your soul rap version, but if I can´t download it on my PC or have it on a cd, it´s not possible. Can someone help me out?

Edited by ordinary fan, 03 February 2019 - 08:29 AM.

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 5,551 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1993
I just saw this one while searching for LMBTL rehearsals for the Une Seule Fois Concert

Do you agree with this guy about this album? I agree in some like the production..

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,108 posts
  • Born: 1985
Just listened to this album in its full edition (the Japanese 16-track version including Open Arms) to give it another go after more than a year without listening to it, and nope, nope, nope. It doesn’t work. As much as ai try hard to understand this album and give it a chance, it’s useless.

Sometimes you pick an album after some time after its release date and you hear it with a different attitude or a different “ear”, but this album... it just doesn’t grow (on me at least).

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky."

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,260
  • 847 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 AM
  • Born: 1995
If they had stuck in the sane vein of tracks as Somebody Loves Somebody, Save Your Soul and Breakaway, the album as a whole would’ve been (in my mind) a stellar album

SuperLove4Celine

SuperLove4Celine

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,561
  • 5,917 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 AM
  • Born: 1983
As a whole, I find “Loved Me Back To Life” to be the worst in her entire discography. I still have yet to understand how she and her team can be proud of it. (Unless all they cared about at the time were dollar signs.)

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,108 posts
  • Born: 1985

AdrienneM, on 17 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

If they had stuck in the sane vein of tracks as Somebody Loves Somebody, Save Your Soul and Breakaway, the album as a whole would've been (in my mind) a stellar album

Yes. The first half of the album is "acceptable", and I admit the song I have enjoyed most in my recent listening is Somebody Loves Somebody. Breakaway is a nice ballad too. But I find Incredible cheesy at its most and I can't stand WAAF to be here in this album after the insulting controversy that Celine had to face with the stupid author of the song :innocent:

SuperLove4Celine, on 17 August 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

As a whole, I find "Loved Me Back To Life" to be the worst in her entire discography. I still have yet to understand how she and her team can be proud of it. (Unless all they cared about at the time were dollar signs.)

I think they were conscious of the many years that had passed since the last album (Taking Chances) and they had already delayed the album in November 2012 for another whole year (when the change of concept from mostly Vegas songs to more original songs came), and they felt the pressure to release the album.

Add to this the embarrassing controversy with Daniel Merryweather and the change of title of the album and you have all the party started :pinch: :giggle:

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky."

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

SuperLove4Celine, on 17 August 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

As a whole, I find “Loved Me Back To Life” to be the worst in her entire discography. I still have yet to understand how she and her team can be proud of it. (Unless all they cared about at the time were dollar signs.)

In my mind they simply felt pressure to release and so pulled as much stuff together as quickly as possible to “quench the thirst” so to speak

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Javito, on 17 August 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Yes. The first half of the album is "acceptable", and I admit the song I have enjoyed most in my recent listening is Somebody Loves Somebody. Breakaway is a nice ballad too. But I find Incredible cheesy at its most and I can't stand WAAF to be here in this album after the insulting controversy that Celine had to face with the stupid author of the song :innocent:

Had the tracklist been as follows:

1) Loved Me Back To Life
2) Somebody Loves Somebody
3) Didnt Know Love
4) Breakaway
5) Save Your Soul
6) Thankful
7) Thank You

With maybe 5-6 more songs in that same vein, it wouldve been a solid album which i wouldve definitely had in heavy rotation on my playlists and on my phone. For that album, i was expecting alot more songs in the vein of an english version of stuff like Si Je N‘ai Rien De Toi and Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour, which btw, along with the rest of the SA album i LOVE.

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,290
  • 275 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM
  • Born: 1986
When Celine tries to be something else that its against her nature, those things happen... ^_^

Lack of authenticity, gurgling noises and trying to sound like Sia, not to mentcion horrific duet with Neyo,
never could hear that one fully and had to take it off forever from my Celine songs setlist.

I think she does get better or trying to get better, for me the "recovery" of her career
started with Recovery, that it's one of a great song, and although it doesn't have bombastic sound
the feelings she put there! makes me love this song so much.

I have no doubt the queen of feelings will be back in the upcoming Album,
I just hope it will be for more than two new songs :-D
"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 61 posts

Javito, on 17 August 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think they were conscious of the many years that had passed since the last album (Taking Chances) and they had already delayed the album in November 2012 for another whole year (when the change of concept from mostly Vegas songs to more original songs came), and they felt the pressure to release the album.

Add to this the embarrassing controversy with Daniel Merryweather and the change of title of the album and you have all the party started :pinch: :giggle:

What was the album originally called?

Céline RO

Céline RO

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 37,279
  • 61 posts

Céline RO, on 17 August 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

What was the album originally called?

Never mind, I found the answer.

ordinary fan

ordinary fan

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,922
  • 513 posts
  • Born: 1999
Am I the only one who love this album and every song on it? :giggle: The only song I don't listen to that much is Overjoyed...

sarit_celine

sarit_celine

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,290
  • 275 posts
  • Born: 1986

ordinary fan, on 18 August 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Am I the only one who love this album and every song on it? :giggle: The only song I don't listen to that much is Overjoyed...

I still have no emotional connection with most of the songs, she changed her voice there and it's a problem for me.
The album hasn't yet grown on me, Celine must be herself :(
Nice thing, today my friend (who hates Celine) called me
and said she went and heard LMBTL, this is the only song she knows from Celine since... IDAN. And this is indeed
the only song that stands out.
She doesn't know Celine had an English album back then.
"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall
Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

couldawouldashoulda

couldawouldashoulda

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,352
  • 965 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 AM
I’ve been making playlists for Celine’s albums filled with 20 songs each. LMBTL is an album I don’t go back and revisit very often - I guess it’s just not one of my favorites. However, I was bored with the playlists I had so I listened to the one I’d made for LMBTL and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Hearing it mixed with songs from other albums helped me appreciate it. I know some people hate seeing “set lists” but am going to post the playlist anyway. I think it would’ve made a good LMBTL tour.

1 - Thank You
2 - Love Can Move Mountains
3 - My Heart Will Go On
4 - Somebody Loves Somebody
5 - Can’t Fight The Feeling
6 - One Heart
7 - Didn’t Know Love
8 - Incredible
9 - I’m Alive
10 - That’s The Way It Is
11 - How Do You Keep The Music Playing
12 - Overjoyed
13 - If I Ruled The World
14 - The Prayer
15 - Shadow of Love
16 - Water and a Flame
17 - Thankful
18 - Unfinished Songs
19 - Loved Me Back To Life
20 - Flying On My Own (yes, she technically couldn’t have done it on a LMBTL tour but I put it on every playlist I made cuz it’s the new song!)

ryba

ryba

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,889
  • 4,657 posts
I would love the new tour to be focused on the ANDHC and OH albums
@Sony @TeamCeline  #Release The 2016, 2017 & 2018 Summer Tours On Blu-ray!!!

#The Fans demand more Celine material to be released!!! (more & longer in-studio footage on bonus DVDs)

AdrienneM

AdrienneM

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

ryba, on 18 August 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

I would love the new tour to be focused on the ANDHC and OH albums

Its the Courage world tour though... its time for new music not old music. Need to make the most of new songs before celine never sings them again like she did with ANDHC and OH

Edited by AdrienneM, 18 August 2019 - 10:02 AM.

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,539 posts
  • Born: 1984
They should have released an EP with the Vegas songs in 2011 and then focused on new tracks in 2013...

The songs that disappointed me the most were HDYKTMP and OA. I dont understand the rushed arrangement of OA. I wish it was more slowed down like the love version was.

And they should have kept the duet of HDYKTMP too. That was amazing live and I miss the '2' voices blending. Still love the song but it could have been much better.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

TommKat22

TommKat22

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 28,161
  • 615 posts
  • Born: 1991

I'm probably one of the few people who likes Overjoyed. I like the lyrics, and I like her version of the song best. :shy:
Tommy

comingback

comingback

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,619
  • 2,178 posts
  • Born: 1979

AdrienneM, on 17 August 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Had the tracklist been as follows:

1) Loved Me Back To Life
2) Somebody Loves Somebody
3) Didnt Know Love
4) Breakaway
5) Save Your Soul
6) Thankful
7) Thank You

With maybe 5-6 more songs in that same vein, it wouldve been a solid album which i wouldve definitely had in heavy rotation on my playlists and on my phone. For that album, i was expecting alot more songs in the vein of an english version of stuff like Si Je N'ai Rien De Toi and Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour, which btw, along with the rest of the SA album i LOVE.

Yep,I never understood why they put the "Vegas songs" (Overjoyed, At 17..)  on the second half of the album, but the first half have great modern tracks. Anyway LMBTL, SLS amd Breakaway would be great for the tour.

Edited by comingback, 18 August 2019 - 12:54 PM.

maki_Dion-er

maki_Dion-er

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 37,012
  • 1,740 posts
  • Born: 1990

Your not the only one. I just bought the deluxe edition last night.

Bruno Portugal

Bruno Portugal

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,815
  • 1,617 posts
It's not an amazing album but it includes some great songs and Celine's incredible voice.
For the new album I'm expecting more. A more refined album with the best production. Something with the quality of FIY, LTAL or ANDHC. ;)

Edited by Bruno Portugal, 18 August 2019 - 02:38 PM.

empress

empress

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 28,098
  • 424 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 AM
  • Born: 1962
I liked a lot of songs on the album, but NOT the Adele..(water from a flame?) I skip it every time!! I HATE IT! Not a Celine song for sure.

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,402 posts
  • Born: 1987
I haven’t loved an English Celine album since A New Day Has Come.

There are some fantastic tracks on One Heart, Taking Chances, Loved Me Back To Life... and even Miracle! But I want another TCOML or FIY or the self titled album. 😍

Loved Me Back To Life felt a little rushed and not super well-planned but I still like the album.

I think this new album will be her the most personal English album she’s maybe ever recorded. Because she’s made all the decisions! That’s exciting for me, as a lifelong fan. To dissect the songs she’s chosen.

I just want meaningful songs with Celine singing in her signature powerful, stunning voice.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 654 user(s)

Dane, Remon, noyau, TommKat22, Celinex, Esty, nuts2you, ryba, Javito, joaofilho, Holborn, Lolo88, Celine Fan 77, Davey84, anewdayhascome, duri, Céline RO, québecflower, viniscand, isabel leite, Katie, HushNow, Loup_garou, CelineDionForeverNY, Taking Chances, ajguerras, empress, rpopowski, jpatdeleon09, comingback, scielle, sarit_celine, ivo, smw, stone, IL_DINO, Jackie, BartFCS, couldawouldashoulda, Daysleeper, Alex_Incognito, CSCfan, iza, pepillo90, ordinary fan, MusicCollection, Critiaslux, manolo19, selsdion, Chantemoi, chs, Ri2n, Ronny83, Zofia, Modesta, giannislyber, chinit0, Nautanick, Celine-Fan, nowanorris, Jeff Abbott, Smart17, GoldenLeaf, maki_Dion-er, Boy, Fanxiaoqiang, dawn, Simon, lost84, Niko's, alextrusca, Moleque20, delta, browseceline, frana, manu23, jmiracle, woodstock, brendanm999, Joe, actofcontrition, Kian, donpi86, celinefanonline, emmanuel, Black Kitten, No1IrishFan, Rachel_5, winforlife, MaiconSC, PaulTo, Ukrfan, Matias, n1ko, minolli, stevo, celinesounds, Ajax, Domi, incognito, pat200, mattia, celfan123, GIORGOS, Shamrock_1982, DionFanAlways, Peppercorn1991, biscuit2, hugo020, Roland61, twk3395, your_light, fabricio esteves, cher&celinefan, Ncarbia, SantiagoColorado, celine19, SamLM, karebear82, MaxRayÎles, karlsiniak, chocolatechip15, GUSAM28, I Drove All Night!, maria_k, katleen86, Bruno Portugal, somaltseva, Shaun, bilinkew, karen5, Mozzy88, Dancing_Queen, angelil78, Julianne, gafsa, MistaChanel, tristan.josef, aniaa19, MrTim212, Caledor, Frozen_Phoenix, pisces0384, Leo, Andy1979, jbechs, neil1981, chrisel, LukeD, mrkase, hala, Del, kashief, Holycrap!05, MY_WAY, Neddo, jorn, alltheway0384, chadiedls, Your_Su_Phu, drove all night, jose_87, kevincheung410, Austėja, marif, one_heart_1_hart, shady pines ma, bei31, Chrissi, tim123, jepoi, Evulik, SuperLove4Celine, fikus1, mebe, pame-65, Prima_Donna1, takeachance, enno2007, LeChauffeur100, gian982, LVCeline, CelineVT, andrew856, Stephen_1987, Peter Luke, JHMC06, Julian, Philippe, dragonleader, Timster, mareti, sailornic, homerton, azlan, explosives124, Cuquito, beelee, Nmj, guidoune101, mike_z, cdurand54, tomier, Herman, estebandm, essammahdy, isurrender, celine4evauk, mirage, ssummer, dmeredith, kmonline, sge, CelinesDIVO5, CelineDionFreak, Henri, celine28, Angel2006, blue515, Jonih, jeje03100, DIAZ 1993, Anne29, bgcalde, SlovakClark, flutefreak, PriscillaBarragan, zuv, debora, Charles, Scramasboy, Ororo Munroe, mariox, Jessyka, Schwa83, Overjoyed, alexpepin, eduardomolina, Pekoe, Dreamy, aafass, Philippe1984, célinedionfan_16, joc13, felicia, peanut91, Allysadreams, TiagoFragoso05, binsk, trls, kelseyraye, westpalm542, Pit, mikecdfan, CELINE MARIE, davidjag79, clbmed02, bronzey, Yentl Anchel, Xpresso, nadeennoody, Say What?, ewan123, ceon, D'elles, cwnice, superibi, melanie_cd, inesilla, shasti, Gabriel81, sayyed, Si J'etais Quelqu'un, karalayna, ChristaStojkovic, chrissid79, danger, smash, xTheGoodBoyx, Lotty, Jeanette, Edgar14, J-Man, quebecker, max24, mgreyck, chrischn_celine, ewh12, NicoNV, matt987, Bóól'át'í, neill2407, WindyCityCelineFan, Producedbyregg, Lu Georgia, Data_, Javier_Natalio, amelie, onix, Manila, Thinktwicefan, krazy_kool_dude, Viva las Vegas, divaslive98, DaaveBS, koala44, Thomas-Dion, Robrules3, izadolphin, celinedionfan, rhapsodion, dj_a_rock, wjd, Dionism, J081113, Chin, CelineDionFanatic, exfactor003, slk9683, oscanic, showmi, juicyoranges, halfUnicorn, dlh1, wayne0223, powerofceline, budtkaboy2000, rael1983, Cheska, Leonardo L, Stuart2007, Coronis, shortswamp, $P!K&, letstalkaboutce, Ejion, chandler21, Celine_2533, CDJVW, CaesarCeline, Davar, WendyB, j'attendais..., Saline17, CelineTheBest5, CelineIsNumber1, RUDION, rodolphe, celinefan1991, XxLoveIsUnconditionalxX, RosieBarron, MustangSven, ehild, zenmeban, Nando Férri, vojva, violet, Der_Griffon, praetka, Danion, GameC, cekmin, Kong, uk28uk28, ally, JesusZuñigaR, c4n4d4, Frenchie, beccab, Fuzzy, Hjiddosem, B.R.K, mdion2006, LcMason, Magicalmark2013, martajag, Trombones13, meanttofly, mb011, Miha, Brady, rodrigo, PC_59, Only one celine, garçon, Narada, MalaysiaCeline, if-you-askedmeto, rathnakumar, Frankiboy, CelineFan44, Celine-Express, deccan, BiG PuEN, PuraVida, Jamieb12321, remykyes, Celi, hanky, changepas39, Bandika, Sebastian, Amethystj, Edudu_Matias, salsacolin, littleames, dorfus, ashtonelijah, Wita19, SLS, sam celine, sash546, sherwynwilshire, ucrazybeautifulu, andreaaas, Lenyard126, sfbaysinger, alvick53, [Alex], celinefan1985, luciusbright, marko, Hollisteranfluvr, celine_1983, QueenCeline87, kdw123, ryanday2, celinedionfan1, sandro_dunn, blascanto1, lnde3, nature boy, LuisMa, soleilgirly, celinerulz91, PatrickDion22, CD-5, -Alexander-, EternalSunshine, OnlyCeline, Ericwwc, Kyle_Jared, Leanne, becca, Zoradb23, George Woodson, Hilda, nandiko13, CF2, Ashane, blueangel92, Dustin, LPA, andyw024, A new day..., dj4celine, toiowo, khader, ahmed_dh90, unclediva, idanwcd, Mattie, rjnt, JohnFan97, AlberDR2, Bartholdemus, vlad, freduzz, stew, guyddavies, klmalling, Rammstein, Jimnezis, SebasB, olemra17, emi&celine, manilou, Kye, chawatak, celinelover50, iancobb, helios.apollon, fred, lisaessy, JasGreg, Marchino, Bartosz Kowalik, jaapjan, Dylan Callender, maikan, ANTONYAMCD, Mariann, superstarleash, dominbil, jackwilson, Allie, SarayDion, syasya aisyaa, RTafuri, chic28lady, reynolds, mdh5, fanatik, djs31982, cec, jameslyden, Lucie, Jeffieboi, reamary, nystrele, wbgrl99, Jef, Austinadk, Pida, Leone, Squall, Ola_Pola, emiliejolie, yoyoma, calmar, celineisallyouneed, eyesofblue227, Mejudaco, CelineAndRene, moonshinenight, liska, Pemol, Goffy, Nailah23, quaizee, Kristinaz, tessika, Macaronie, Fran, x7Dani, nano, Sofie, jag233, beeb, elsietang, EA26, muzboy98, the power of celine, Flaca, xfxl8, JO_Qc, Ray, sourdumpling, superstar85ca, celinefandelux, chrisannabanana, celinefanatic2001us, pascaladolphejean, paulloluzack, Jaime_Celine, béné, mojo84, baldanito, dionpower, marc-02, rodriggofunny, Onyx, celine9211, ghazal, Celcool, schwartzdvm, Celineforeveranangel, amandine70, takingchances83, vivezpouraimer, angela10, bdelgado001, mduk86, earl36, Vole, artist, angeluk2, Incognito_0112, Duchess, Bruno Dion, rotem, chy2j, Haheather, BLM, MARIO2007, idroveallnight, EmmaCeline, george, celinefan1977, livingproof1984, celinemaniac07, dion3368, A cause, A cause, gentilfluffy, david123, celcris, Frida, Magda5, Samantha-Jayne, ashleylovesceline, Marchie, Céline74, Josu, Nomad, je t'aime, CelineforEva, VinnyT., infiniti, Celine684201, Dansons, Spilis, boyblackuk, Milena5, dionicfan, Koolan, azgypsy, kerche, puttybuddy, celine-rc, keithster_799, ImAliveUK, Titanica, x_conspirator, Bumble, Thecolourofmylove, taz111563, neilg, dyusha, bluemusic, maciek, DoronTam, hellmeister, TEREFUNKEN, seba282, marcolino, maddy05, Michelle28, Natashja Singleton, xverso, kappe, Bellamy, immortality, sacredceline, madico, gilsjhonny, karatedude317, ks1981, onlymist, Helen1981, lllBeautifulll, Christi, drelieaoun, Lian, Lindah1984

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy