Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

A Shocking fact about Celine's performance of "I finally found someone"

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

fikus1

fikus1

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 11,340
  • 479 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 PM
  • Skin: Mobile
  • Born: 1989
Hey Guys! Did you know that Barbra Streisand didn't actually see Celine's performance of her song during the Oscars?? She missed it, because she went to the ladies room! Here's the video of Barbra and Celine talking about that. Celine has never mentioned that!

Xpresso

Xpresso

Celine Wannabe

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 14,192
  • 4,416 posts
  • Skin: Celine 2016
Well that was talked a LOT in the news/gossips the day after...
Barbra said that she didn't know when exactly Céline would sing I Finally Found Someone during the broadcast... So she went to the ladies room during the break but didn't make it back on time to get back into the theatre and missed the performance... (or something along those lines) and that she didn't do it on purpose... :giggle:
Some reporters had said that Barb just didn't want to be sitting in the audience while Céline sings Barb's song because the camera would have probably shown her during the Céline's performance and she would have been embarrassed...
Barbra sure can be a b*tch at times... She also called in sick the day of the Grammy Awards  when she was supposed to sing Tell Him with Céline... so Céline had to sing MHWGO instead...

Edited by Xpresso, 02 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

celinedionfan1

celinedionfan1

Celiniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 23,598
  • 1,215 posts
  • Born: 1995
Poor Céline. Imagine that's her idol, and Barbra didn't see her perform 'I Finally Found Someone' and then she called in sick when they were supposed to sing 'Tell Him'. I would've been so dissapointed....
Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |

takeachance

takeachance

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,521
  • 3,755 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 PM
  • Born: 1984
I don't know if Barbara is a very nice woman. I wonder sometimes. love her singing voice and some of her movies though
Posted Image
RIP Rene Angelil xx

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

forhugo

forhugo

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 31,118
  • 73 posts
Some say that Barbra Streisand suffers from stage fright. Is that true? That would explain a few things...
"We hardly need to use our ears..." (R. Taylor)

wjd

wjd

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,986
  • 1,562 posts
  • Local time: 01:21 PM
  • Skin: Overlay Blueberry
Yes, Barbra does suffer from stage fright - its a widely known fact, and has been attributed to her lack of touring; this is why when she does play a show, she can sell some tickets for $500 and still sell-out. Most Barbra fans will share a joke that to afford to see her live, you need to remortgage your house - but its always worth it.

Barbra is of the old school - and consequently, she's quite feisty; she's always needed to be, she was a top artist in an era that was dominated by male artists and rock groups. I've always thought she bottled the Tell Him performance - and who can blame her, look at how Celine showed Aretha up @ Divas 98 - and I've always thought of this "going to the toilet and not getting back in time" story as a lie.

But I do kinda love it - Barbra is a legend. As is Celine. It doesn't matter, Celine killed the song anyway [in a good way] and came out of the show with almost unanimous praise!

A decade of love for music's biggest living legend - Celine Dion!

garšon

garšon

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,473
  • 687 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 AM

View Postwjd, on 03 April 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Yes, Barbra does suffer from stage fright - its a widely known fact, and has been attributed to her lack of touring; this is why when she does play a show, she can sell some tickets for $500 and still sell-out. Most Barbra fans will share a joke that to afford to see her live, you need to remortgage your house - but its always worth it.

Barbra is of the old school - and consequently, she's quite feisty; she's always needed to be, she was a top artist in an era that was dominated by male artists and rock groups. I've always thought she bottled the Tell Him performance - and who can blame her, look at how Celine showed Aretha up @ Divas 98 - and I've always thought of this "going to the toilet and not getting back in time" story as a lie.

But I do kinda love it - Barbra is a legend. As is Celine. It doesn't matter, Celine killed the song anyway [in a good way] and came out of the show with almost unanimous praise!

I completely agree with you!
It's impossible to prove Streisand intentionally missed Celine's performance, though it's hard to believe you would miss the very moment you attend the Oscar ceremony for; the nomination and performance of your song. Imagine you were to attend the Oscar ceremony for the same reason, you would want to know at what moment your song would be performed; you would consider very well what moment to go to 'the ladies room'.

The equation between the '96 Celine and Barbra is apparent too; Celine as a zealous stage beast, in the heyday of her career, singing the song Barbra did not dare to perform at the most import show of the year. I mean: that's quite 'in your face', considering they are highly comparable singers.
But then, seeing the two together in the ET video during the spurious recording of their duet... actually accompanied by the writers and producers they both could -as if it were- 'ascertain' their careers with (expounding their comparability!!).. well, that's really interesting..

In the end, Tell Him turned out to be one of the best songs of their careers.

guyddavies

guyddavies

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,438
  • 288 posts
  • Born: 1981
I dont know if were reading too much into this. Dont get me wrong ive read not nice things about barbra, cher doesnt like her at all, said she used to visit her boyfriend all the time on the set of one of her films and that she was just not nice to be around, also cher was up for a role, had it in the bag, but barbra was friends with the director/producer and just before they were due to film barbra said i want this film, and she got it, even though they had cast cher.
so its not that I wouldnt put this past her, its just that yes she possibly did walk out of the oscars on purpose, because she didnt want the cameras on her face while celine was singing, especially as she felt under the whether, but maybe she just really did need to toilet, i mean not many celebrities would admit to having the call of nature lol she may have felt awful, after all not long after this barbra took time to write to celine personally, appologising and saying "next time we should do something together" that hardly sounds like she was being bitter, she didnt have to even send a message, but she must have felt bad, and rene saw the letter and even if barbra was only saying it to be polite rene made it happen.

As for the next oscars snub, well i can sort of get it, barbra suffers really bad stage fright, the oscars is probably one of the most watched tv shows in the world behing the superbowl and the olympics, she may have been worrying herself sick over it and decided it wasnt worth it. If i was a millionaire and I wasnt sleeping,i was feeling anxious and was getting that worked up about something Id just cancel myself actually, its not like a concert with 5000 in the audience, its televised world wide. perhaps there genuinely was no mallice behind it. Also look at vegas, as much as celine wants to be well all the time these things happen, poor celine has been ripped to shreds by people saying she always cancels in february because she doesnt like working those months, she doesnt care about the fans and just is happy to let them down etc etc, read it on sooooo many sites, yet in reality she was just sick. It might not be a coincience that both times barbra was due to perform at the oscars she was sick, we only focus on her leaving the room the first time, but she was ill and cancelled singing, she didnt know celine would get her song, I suspect that she had stage fright again. it cant be a coincidence that both times on the oscars she cancelled due to illness

boyblackuk

boyblackuk

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,425
  • 1,007 posts
  • Local time: 12:21 PM
  • Born: 1979
This was the reason that "Tell Him" became a reality, Celine was sent flowers and a note from Barbra and at the end of the note said ....Next time lets do one together and as you may know Rene was straight on the phone and voila one of the best songs of the 90s was produced

BLM

BLM

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,398
  • 1,024 posts
Well this Grammy show was way before the “Internet” and social media so any surprise performances during this era was unlikely know by the public.  I was watching this particular Grammy show and remember when both Barbra and Neil entered onto the stage….the audience went crazy as did I.  I knew back then that Barbra experienced stage fright and to see her do this duet at that time was amazing.  This duet is considered one of Grammy’s most memorable performances.

Edited by Bubba, 03 April 2013 - 01:16 PM.

DionFanAlways

DionFanAlways

This woman, Legendary

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,854
  • 14,165 posts
  • Born: 1965

View PostBubba, on 03 April 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Well this Grammy show was way before the “Internet” and social media so any surprise performances during this era was unlikely know by the public.  I was watching this particular Grammy show and remember when both Barbra and Neil entered onto the stage….the audience went crazy as did I.  I knew back then that Barbra experienced stage fright and to see her do this duet at that time was amazing.  This duet is considered one of Grammy’s most memorable performances.

Great song, "You don't bring me flowers." Beautiful!

Edited by DionFanAlways, 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

How could you not love this woman!

garšon

garšon

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,473
  • 687 posts

View PostBubba, on 03 April 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Barbra was completely aware of Celine singing her song, there was no surprise at all.

CelineAndRene

CelineAndRene

Celine Dion THE DIVA

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 15,155
  • 5,803 posts
  • Local time: 07:21 AM
This isn't a secret. This was talked about on Oprah in 1998.

Posted Image

"...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.

callingdion

callingdion

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 32
  • 768 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 PM
  • Born: 1983
i can only assume barb's got some attitude ,celine never sang tell him again while sings the very supportive italian partner duet song the prayer much often

TiagoFragoso05

TiagoFragoso05

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,402
  • 2,546 posts
  • Local time: 04:21 AM
  • Born: 1992
i'll never understand why tell him is not included on the DVD of Au Coeur Du Stade
Please subscribe to my new channel. > https://www.youtube....7wkabGfTkBz41Yg
Posted Image

celine28

celine28

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,364
  • 263 posts

View Posttih_bm, on 15 April 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

i'll never understand why tell him is not included on the DVD of Au Coeur Du Stade

me neither :down:  some people who actually attend the Stade de France show, said that tell him was lipped and that Celine messed up with playback so maybe that's the reason it was not include... too bad

TiagoFragoso05

TiagoFragoso05

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

View Postceline28, on 15 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

me neither :down:  some people who actually attend the Stade de France show, said that tell him was lipped and that Celine messed up with playback so maybe that's the reason it was not include... too bad

But it make no sense, because in the videos we have it was live and she did great =(
I wish i can understand someday why is not included, and  lots of questions that are kind of strange.. like millennium concert never came out, river deep.. not included on " live a paris DVD" etc
Posted Image

celine28

celine28

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

View Posttih_bm, on 15 April 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

But it make no sense, because in the videos we have it was live and she did great =(
I wish i can understand someday why is not included, and  lots of questions that are kind of strange.. like millennium concert never came out, river deep.. not included on " live a paris DVD" etc

Do you have a video of the stade de france Tell Him performance :) ?

TiagoFragoso05

TiagoFragoso05

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

View Postceline28, on 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Do you have a video of the stade de france Tell Him performance :) ?

No No, I tell you because of the videos from New York , Chicago.. But I think nobody recorded the video from France
Posted Image

celine28

celine28

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

View Posttih_bm, on 15 April 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

No No, I tell you because of the videos from New York , Chicago.. But I think nobody recorded the video from France

ok :)  yeah, love the NY performance, her voice is so pure

chocolatechip15

chocolatechip15

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 30,818
  • 3,112 posts

View Postcallingdion, on 15 April 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

i can only assume barb's got some attitude ,celine never sang tell him again while sings the very supportive italian partner duet song the prayer much often

Celine sang Tell Him with a video of Barbra during the LTAL tour.  I saw it live in NY.  Amazing!  

I think she sings The Prayer more often now because The Prayer is quite a bit more popular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 326 user(s)

Newbieeee, DionFanAlways, Sebulba1, selsdion, wjd, Philippe1984, forhugo, Goffy, celinish98, federico, jameslyden, aileejang05, dawn, asiii m, ucrazybeautifulu, UniqueCeline, max24, Tuong vi, toiowo, Your_Su_Phu, Juan12345, maria_k, cobra74, melanie_cd, nebrick, KingOfLies, Lindah1984, celinebestlover, egyptstrawb, shahil, Depp27, Celinex, Roland61, sarrod22, tiniann88, annachen, Costa Santos, whosarahre, Haheather, puttybuddy, divaceline, CK1Czar, SlovakClark, dlh1, Kye, martajag, BartFCS, azgypsy, mattia, marckvls, garšon, fred, Modesta, callingdion, nano, Bell, Angel2006, aafass, amelie, lllBeautifulll, CelineAndRene, littleames, dolores, sunnyceline, bakorder, ewan123, LVCeline, andreaaas, Ola_Pola, Niko's, TiagoFragoso05, Schwa83, JO_Qc, Frenchie, exfactor003, dmeredith, fikus1, quÚbecflower, CelinesDIVO5, LcMason, MustangSven, celine28, c4n4d4, Javier_Natalio, chocolatechip15, Matias, empress, PuraVida, Timster, celinelover50, tessika, Si J'etais Quelqu'un, bgcalde, EternalSunshine, mb011, george, mj1984, Domi, Zoradb23, Kong, zbooo, davidtop, joaofilho, mmodion, ryba, sailornic, Esty, Samantha-Jayne, *JR*, L'amour, Infatuatedgrl, chrisannabanana, teresa3717, Tine, Pangloss76, Coronis, Monsoonmoon, marianitahg, Celine-Express, flutefreak, Thecolourofmylove, Only one celine, x7Dani, stone, Milena5, Yentl Anchel, sash546, Simon, Shon, celine angelil, Cheska, winforlife, Brady, gian982, Hollisteranfluvr, slk9683, justinecoria, fanchette, brujocrow, boyblackuk, Bˇˇl'ßt'Ý, fabtasticfoo, angelil78, soso12, Xpresso, alextrusca, Celine Fan 77, unicorn, Zsuzsa, takeachance, mareti, cup99, maceta_biloxi, J-Man, Cuquito, celinedionfan1, Jamieb12321, Pit, Bruno Dion, motylik6, Olaf-Germany, fyoung98, sebulba, Mariann, liska, wldsp, simenverberckmoes, akajolicoeur, CelinesLegs, theotherR, ImAliveUK, Mozzy88, Leenu, bouffone, ghazal, newyorksnl15, Macaronie, hala, violet, iza, marix, MalaysiaCeline, vojva, salsacolin, tim123, kashief, Vole, jeje03100, felixwhoals, odeyn, smw, LisaFaye, rock6kev, meanttofly, Jay718, OnlyCeline, explosives124, gafsa, Celine CRAZY, mkh3482, blueangel92, tonybower, clbmed02, beelee, zuv, pisces0384, nuts2you, Mrs.Goldman, CelineDionForeverNY, manu23, Shaun, sayyed, Neddo, imaswede78, browseceline, donpi86, mebe, Bruno Portugal, woodstock, quaizee, neil1981, MartaMaria, celinefanatic2001us, stevo, CSCfan, George Woodson, MrTim212, guyddavies, CELINEFAN01, Chin, neilg, QueenCeline87, Nmj, Katie, MaxRay╬les, ivo, ashtonelijah, dj4celine, BLM, emmanuel, mirage, celine4evauk, amerikevin, pat200, Chrissi, mike_z, Henri, tal-sh2, bronzey, Amethystj, Saartjuhh, jay, LeChauffeur100, Peppercorn1991, Tyler1991, lyn, Joe, celinecolombian, Pekoe, beeb, eucilene pizzolato, rael1983, Daysleeper, jepoi, Jeffieboi, CELINE MARIE, candicat98, PC_59, CharleneMtl, alexpepin, pra, danger, Mejudaco, actofcontrition, Moleque20, kevincheung410, kmonline, isurrender, Jonih, Lizzy, debora, maddy05, danmu, MTJ, dorfus, kelseyraye, Davey84, Boy, HushNow, chinit0, Davar, onix, Claudiakarin, kerche, pepillo90, erikppp, Bellamy, bilinkew, marko, tristan.josef, -Alexander-, GIORGOS, Dylan Callender, Celi, Nautanick, anewdayhascome, Duchess, Loup_garou, celinefanonline, raluceli, jmiracle, divaslive98, celine_1983, manolo19, karen5, TommKat22, $P!K&, iancobb, binsk, LukeD, cwnice, Koolan, celinefan1991, superibi, celinerulz91, vlad

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy