Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine's Vegas show on DVD?

121 replies to this topic

A cause, A cause

A cause, A cause

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,280
  • 125 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1983
Does anyone know when Celines new Vagas dvd will be released?
And what are fans thoughts on its set list and feel? I wasn't blown away by it and some of the choices are not what I would imagine fans would really want to hear. Of course I will buy it, as I love Celine! Just interested in thoughts on it.

AllieDogNation1133

AllieDogNation1133

• Members
    • Member ID: 30,974
  • 5 posts
I would bet they will do a Concert DVD In the final year...I know that stinks for those of us who saw the show in year one, but maybe they will do all three years of the concert on one disk, the reason i think so is they have so much footage of the show, Ex. the Oprah documentary.
Us1d9tKPOmE

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 7,038 posts
  • Local time: 01:36 AM
  • Born: 1977
i think when it finally will be brought to dvd, the setlist can have had major changes already. i think a lot of the less popular songs will be taken away and more Celine will come into the show I think
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,504
  • 2,830 posts
  • Local time: 04:36 PM
I doubt it's possible but I do know some fans have bumped into Rene in Vegas wish someone could ask him if they're planning one. I just can't wait till the final year to find out whether or not we're going to get one.

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 24,385
  • 7,664 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 AM
  • Born: 1993
Of course we'll get a DVD of the show; they've given us DVD after DVD whenever they did a new tour/residency show, why would it be different this time? All we have to do is wait until the final year of the show.

Posted Image

Yakir

Yakir

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,221
  • 759 posts
  • Born: 1994
I can only wish and I have a feeling they will start filming officialy on June/July- don't know y but i have a feeling
This sentence says it ALL and starts all
Une voix d'or dans un Cœur enfant

Posted Image

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

View PostCeline Fan 77, on May 18 2012, 02:02 AM, said:

Of course we'll get a DVD of the show; they've given us DVD after DVD whenever they did a new tour/residency show, why would it be different this time? All we have to do is wait until the final year of the show.
Hope your right! The only tour I can think of we didn't get a proper dvd of is the LTAL tour but we did get Live in Paris for that one though I think it was a bit diff then the original show(sorry wasn't a fan then so I dunno if that's 100% correct)

I'm curious have we ever not gotten a dvd/recording of a tour/show?

Edited by Kristinaz, 18 May 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,664 posts

View PostKristinaz, on May 19 2012, 01:08 AM, said:

Hope your right! The only tour I can think of we didn't get a proper dvd of is the LTAL tour but we did get Live in Paris for that one though I think it was a bit diff then the original show(sorry wasn't a fan then so I dunno if that's 100% correct)

I'm curious have we ever not gotten a dvd/recording of a tour/show?

Les Chemins de ma Maison Tournée (1983-1984) => No official release, but we got the Terre Des Hommes TV special which I think is very similar (if not) a show part of that tour
C'est Pour Toi Tournée (1985) => Céline Dion en Concert
Incognito Tournée (1988)=> No official release, but we got the Incognito: En Spectacle et en Coulisses TV special which shows a very similar show to the one from the tour, but not exactly the same I think as it was recorded a year after the tour ended and it was a special show
Unison Tour (1990-1991) => Unison home video features some videos from the concert Celine gave at the Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto in 1991. The full concert was broadcasted in 1991 and a shortened HQ version was broadcasted in 2006. We also have the special 10 Ans Déjà concert, which was very similar to the Unison tour shows but not quite the same as the setlist was a bit different and she sang accompanied by a big orchestra.
Celine Dion Tour (1992-1993) => No official release
The Colour Of My Love Tour (1994-1995) => Céline Dion à l'Olympia was released as a CD in 1994. The show was also filmed in video for a future VHS and DVD release but it was cancelled after the huge success of Live à Paris. A performance of Quand On N'a Que L'amour was broadcasted during a benefit telethon in Canada.
D'eux Tour (1995) => Live à Paris was released on VHS, CD and DVD. Also a performance of Vole was broadcasted during a canadian telethon and a performance of Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore was broadcasted during the 1995 Félix Awards.
Falling Into You World Tour (1996-1997) => Limited copies of the promotional Live in Zurich CD were released in 1996, it contains the european setlist of the tour. Then in 1997 the private concert in Brunei was filmed and a copy of the show was given to each one of the people who attended it. Live in Memphis was released on VHS and VCD. A couple of shows from the first year of the tour were filmed and shown in the Behind Closed Doors with Celine Dion TV special, and shows from the tour around european stadiums were recorded for the Un An Avec Céline TV special.
Let's Talk About Love World Tour (1998-1999) => Some shows from the first year of the tour were recorded for the Un An Avec Céline TV special. The concert at the Stade de France in Paris was filmed and released on VHS, CD and DVD as Au Coeur du Stade. Certain performances of songs like Declaration of Love or To Love You More from various concerts of the tour were recorded and shown during benefit telethons. Also the very last show of the tour was recorded and clips of it were shown during Celine's visit to The Oprah Winfrey Show in 1999. The famous Millennium Concert was broadcasted live on TVA and recorded for a future but cancelled VHS/CD/DVD release.
A New Day... (2003-2007) => Two dress rehearsals from March of 2003 were recorded and shown during The Oprah Winfrey Show and A New Day...: Opening Night Live tv shows the same year. Lots of performances from the five years of the show were shown in certain benefit telethons. A concert was recorded and released as a CD on June of 2004. The DVD release was cancelled in the last moment. In December of 2007, we got the Live in Las Vegas - A New Day... DVD/Blu-Ray. The final show was recorded and clips of it were shown during the Les Adieux de Céline à Las Vegas tv special.
Taking Chances World Tour (2008-2009) => All the shows from the tour were recorded in HD video and footage from various shows was included in the 2010 DVD/Blu-Ray release Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World (entitled Céline: Autour du Monde in Canada and France). The concerts in Boston and Montreal were released on DVD+CD packages entitled Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert and Tournée Mondiale Taking Chances: Le Spectacle, respectively, in May of 2010. The special concert Celine gave in August of 2008 to celebrate the 400 anniversary of Quebec was released on DVD and Blu-Ray entitled Céline Sur Les Plaines and Céline Live à Quebec, as two versions were released. This concert wasn't officially part of the tour. Official music videos for the Eyes on Me and My Love singles were filmed in two concerts of the tour.
Celine (2011-2014) => Two full performances were released as promotional videos in early March of 2011, recorded during dress rehearsals. The songs were Open Arms and Man In The Mirror. Also, short clips of Ne Me Quitte Pas and River Deep, Mountain High were released via-official website as well. The opening night was filmed in HD video and parts of it were included in the Celine: 3 Boys and a New Show documentary, which premiered in October of 2011. The French version was called Céline: 3 Gars et un Nouveau Show. Performances of Because You Loved Me and Open Arms were broadcasted in two different special tv shows the summer of 2011.

Posted Image

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
Looks like we've gotten atleast SOMETHING every year since 1994. Hm I have a bit more faith now that we're going to get a dvd

1983–1984 - Les chemins de ma maison tournée - None
1985 - C'est pour toi tournée - Vinyl Céline Dion en concert
1988 - Incognito tournée - None
1990–1991 - Unison Tour - VHS Unison
1992–1993 - Celine Dion in Concert - None
1994–1995 - The Colour of My Love Tour- VHS/DVD The Colour of My Love Concert; CD À l'Olympia
1995 - D'eux Tour - VHS/DVD Live à Paris; CD Live à Paris
1996–1997 - Falling into You Tour - VHS Live in Memphis
1998–1999 - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - VHS/DVD Au cœur du stade; CD Au cœur du stade
2003–2007 - A New Day... - DVD/BD Live in Las Vegas - A New Day...; CD A New Day... Live in Las Vegas
2008–2009 - Taking Chances Tour - DVD Céline sur les Plaines; DVD/BD Celine: Through the Eyes of the World; DVD/CD Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert

Oh and my bad with LTAL the setlist wasn't diff it was just the francophone version and not the english version obvs since it was filmed in Paris.

Edited by Kristinaz, 18 May 2012 - 06:43 PM.

CelineDionFan710

CelineDionFan710

I <3 Celine Dion!!!!!!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,581
  • 2,864 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 PM
  • Born: 1988
so is there going to be a dvd of celine
Posted Image

Celine is my idol

Celine Fan 77

Celine Fan 77

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,664 posts

View PostCelineDionFan710, on May 20 2012, 12:09 AM, said:

so is there going to be a dvd of celine

Nothing confirmed yet but yes, there will be one for sure...

Posted Image

A cause, A cause

A cause, A cause

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,280
  • 125 posts
So has there been any more word on this? Is there going to be a Celine DVD?

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
Nothing concrete yet. I've passed on the message to Julie, Productions J ,Sony and Celine (via twitter) what I'm curious about is if the contract is not an extension of the current show but rather they renegotiated the original deal does that mean Celine can do a whole new show once the original 3 years are up? I'm just really confused about how it's explained in the thread about her contract. I'd only consider getting the whole forum to send a letter or something if we see the show is ending and still no word of a DVD

Edited by Kristinaz, 08 November 2013 - 11:31 AM.

nuts2you

nuts2you

Celine Maniac

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,329
  • 9,991 posts
  • Born: 1968
good  question,

ehild

ehild

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,683
  • 2,810 posts
Yeah.  I'm curious about this too!  I know we'd all love a DVD of the show (and maybe a bonus CD to go with it?).  Maybe that will all be done next year to keep us happy since she just had 2 album releases. B)

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
She just announced dates for spring/summer 2014 so after the initial 3 years are up does that mean she do a new show or is she just continuing this one since apparently its not an extension of the current show so idk how to interpret that. If she does a new show then yes I can see us getting a dvd next year. bah I'd love to ask her!

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
So this is kinda cool I asked Hello Canada if they interview Celine again to ask about the DVD ( they just interviewed her and was on their cover last week)
@HelloCanada so happy 2 see Celine on the cover, if u speak to her again plz ask her about a dvd of the vegas show her fans wanna kno

and they replied....
@Kristinazzz9191 Thanks for the tip! We'll keep you posted!

So least  now we have someone who could possibly answer this question for us in the hopefully near future

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
As of NOW no plans for a dvd

@martin_rego Does @prodjinc have any plans to film Celine's Vegas show?

Martin Rego@martin_rego  1h
@Kristinazzz9191 Not that I know of.

@martin_rego That sucks I hope they eventually do(like they did with a New Day and TC) It's really an amazing show.
Christina@Kristinazzz9191  16s
@martin_rego If you can please pass the message onto Celine/Rene or Julie. Let them know we would love to eventually have one. Thanks!

Edited by Kristinaz, 15 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
Just want you guys to know he saw my after posts to him (telling him to tell Rene/Celine and Julie cause he favoured one of them )so I'm sure he'll pass on the info to them (hopefully if he can!)

pat200

pat200

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,307
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 PM
  • Born: 1982
i hope production j doesnt do it. they mute the audience which is sets the ambiance of the dvds. such a pity.

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
I don't care who does it I just want one.

nuts2you

nuts2you

Celine Maniac

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,329
  • 9,991 posts
  • Born: 1968
besides I would be nice to get a lot of US fans there for the taping

Kristinaz

Kristinaz

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
I'll do what I can. I'll keep asking every so often as the residency continues. We've got till 2019 for sure we know that much.

Caledor

Caledor

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,514
  • 1,481 posts
  • Born: 1989
I really hope there will be a DVD/Blu-ray release !!

Eventhough the show is amazing, Las Vegas is quite far from us Europeans and also expensive, and unfortunately all fans cannot afford to get there.

Therefore a DVD/Blu-ray release would be a warm compensation !

This is what I felt when I bought the A new day DVD :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !

ehild

ehild

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 31,683
  • 2,810 posts

View PostCaledor, on 24 August 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

I really hope there will be a DVD/Blu-ray release !!

Eventhough the show is amazing, Las Vegas is quite far from us Europeans and also expensive, and unfortunately all fans cannot afford to get there.

Therefore a DVD/Blu-ray release would be a warm compensation !

This is what I felt when I bought the A new day DVD :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
There's a rumor on one of the other threads with her canceling everything the dvd will be released February 2015. This hasn't been confirmed though.....

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Jessyka

Jessyka

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 871
  • 2,666 posts
  • Local time: 09:36 PM
I'd love a DVD of Celine.

Posted Image

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,929 posts

View Postehild, on 24 August 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

There's a rumor on one of the other threads with her canceling everything the dvd will be released February 2015. This hasn't been confirmed though.....

The show hasn't even been recorded yet.... so I very much doubt that.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,127 posts
  • Born: 1984

View PostCSCfan, on 25 August 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

The show hasn't even been recorded yet.... so I very much doubt that.

I am sure EACH night is recorded... but of course not recorded in such quality and quantity of directional shots that it can be put on DVD...

I suppose the only thing we can hope for is a live album :please:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Caledor

Caledor

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,514
  • 1,481 posts
  • Born: 1989
Why would they do a live album without a DVD ?

Look, the two last tours (Une seule fois and Taking Chances World Tour) were both CD + DVD/Blu ray.

And more, I think the visual part of Celine's shows in LV are really important to "be in the show" !

So if there is a CD, I think there must be a DVD as well.

29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !

Jessyka

Jessyka

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 871
  • 2,666 posts
  • Local time: 09:36 PM
I think we have seen bits and pieces of the whole show on you tube, so it wouldn't be anything new to us, but it's so nice to have a dvd/bluray in your hands. :-D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 249 user(s)

latincoffee, mbruni897, milotjuh, Celinex, Celinefan2019, lg121104, tonylony, duchess83, Mchef1090, ElodieJ, Souloflove, Katrien, memozozz, dodobird, Bovitettszekund, fabricio esteves, Muppetcanfly1995, CelineAndRene, Fabrice, betterdays, MrTim212, meekalo, CelineDionForeverNY, Slim Shady, mohamed mehdi, iadoreceline, celine_1983, TiagoFragoso05, karebear82, remykyes, lbris64, No1IrishFan, Edgar14, Peppercorn1991, Jef, Ororo Munroe, SuperLove4Celine, davidjamesg, ryba, clbmed02, nickyboi88, jameslyden, Niko's, CelineIloilo, Dertz1, contre5nature, couldawouldashoulda, anewdayhascome, celinefan1991, nuts2you, dawn, CSCfan, giannislyber, Kristinaz, cher&celinefan, celinefanonline, juls75, GoldenLeaf, chocolatechip15, cec, québecflower, bdelgado001, shahil, Mudo, Ncarbia, brendanm999, lampa2k, celinesounds, mattia, Austinadk, Timster, AllaneZ, debora, cdfan32, pepillo90, cni, Roland61, DionFanAlways, Frozen_Phoenix, brendanhirt, Caledor, celinemaniac07, viniscand, Chrissi, pame-65, Shamrock_1982, fanchette, Alex_Incognito, aniaa19, Yentl Anchel, nano, takeachance, ssbutterfly, taz111563, JHMC06, explosives124, Mozzy88, comingback, LeChauffeur100, Celine-Express, dinge, JesusZuñigaR, Celinefan1993, federico, Lolo88, kathy4, pat200, Goffy, Evulik, Mark_Rdam, béné, pedroLOVESceline, incognito, Modesty Blaze, hj1984, Raevaz, Lotty, joaofilho, liska, maddy05, vlad, rpopowski, Tyler1991, Cafe67, StrangeDays, sweetlovers1224, Shaun, andreaB, Manila, martajag, Cheri Marie, woodstock, Julian, bbn67, patrik, itschrisbracho, azlan, bjoernclausen, koala44, Yakir, seantrainor, hugo020, jhornjr, Overjoyed, clotchou2712, marif, maria_k, actofcontrition, Y Love Celine, dmeredith, ImAliveUK, PC_59, Celine Fan 77, chrissid79, JCeline85, CelineTheBest5, pisces0384, dantheladder, rale, Igor_Moscow, selsdion, EmmaH1990, Peter12345, mirage, neener00200, MaxRayÎles, Neddo, ivo, tristan.josef, clefurgey, chs, Davey84, SvetlanaSav, Papoum, Saartjuhh, Domi, Angel2006, celine4evauk, gian982, smw, Carlits17, CDion05, alvaap24, BartFCS, CelineDionFreak, Jessyka, minniemare5, bsj1701, andrew856, littlechap, MistaChanel, zohre61, tim123, LVCeline, Henri, blueangel92, flutefreak, infiniti, hala, Kye, SantiagoColorado, CaesarCeline, ChristaStojkovic, karen5, jeje03100, NicoNV, violet, sinziana, alltheway0384, Dylan Callender, ehild, LukeD, ThereseDion, frana, Jamieb12321, Viva las Vegas, Rossum89, célinedionfan_16, Joe, matt987, Amethystj, Der_Griffon, carlocruz, bgcalde, newyorksnl15, mikymika, toiowo, Ola_Pola, nature boy, J081113, c4n4d4, duri, cwnice, iancobb, zenmeban, angela10, slk9683, TranHang, jazzmnjones, zuiderheide, celinish98, fanfromcanada, celineisallyouneed, mduk86, A cause, A cause, ShellyDuguay, KingOfLies, aafass, tibix

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy