Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Celine Dion 'Unison' UK Box Set w/ Bio, CD, Cassette.Super rare authentic 1990 UK Promotional Release.

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,555 posts
  • Local time: 03:25 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
I was following the auction too to see how much it would reach... insane and crazy I agree, no matter if you have 1.000 € or not for this item, its just ridiculous. But each one hiw own :laugh:

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

J-Man

J-Man

Fans For Life, Friends Forever: J&D

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 8,960
  • 2,753 posts
  • Local time: 02:25 PM
Haha, Tom, you are an evil, evil man.
God damn it, those prices just make it so hard to get these things.

Posted Image

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,160
  • 2,423 posts
  • Born: 1984
haha well i tgink my first bid was 500.... and when that was rejected i just went mad coz i knew it wouldnt be anywhere under a thou... but was prepared to pay what i finally bid for it... probably would hav regreted it but still haha.... its good know its highly valued tho. at the same time id almost be sad if it only got 100 odd quid as it would have lost value. glad to see it comanding high prices... makes me even
more pissed off i didnt bid for it when it was sold for £90 ages ago.

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 13,555 posts
Yeah, its stimulating to know that at least this item is so valued and appreciated, but still, i dont think there's many people in the world willing to pay more than $2,000 for this item like this member wanted :whistling:  :P

elle3.jpg

Vivaldia

Vivaldia

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 29,348
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 10:25 AM
Yes indeed. After a wonderful and relaxing Fourth of July weekend celebration, very much looking forward to getting home from work this evening as the 'MINT' (yes not near mint but MINT) Celine Dion 'Unison' Box Set was delivered and my wife signed for the package minutes ago today. Incredible find as the CD is even sealed, has the 'non-worn' outer BOX, and basically this was for us a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get this release MINT. My Forum friend Suzanne and I both earlier agreed this release would be IMPOSSIBLE to find in MINT condition. Thankfully we found this on eBay and placed a very high proxy bid on eBay platform as we now finally can get peace of mind. I myself have been obsessed of obtaining this release in MINT condition. Mission accomplished. I personally consider this to be a bargain. Thank You Everyone on the Forum. Please Enjoy the Rest of this Wonderful Summer 2011 ! ! !   :clap:

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
well  :D  u made me a very angry boy haha - congratulations #ireallywantedthat. :D

J-Man

J-Man

Fans For Life, Friends Forever: J&D

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 8,960
  • 2,753 posts
That's great Viv. Congratulations. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell us if it is by any chance in MINT condition? :P

Posted Image

Vivaldia

Vivaldia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

View PostJ-Man, on Jul 6 2011, 05:05 AM, said:

That's great Viv. Congratulations. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell us if it is by any chance in MINT condition? :P

Thank You. Yes indeed. They kindly shipped the box set double boxed as I asked. The Celine 'Unison' Box Set outer box is absolutely MINT. In fact it is in 'better' condition than I imagined based on their scan. The blemish seen in auction picture has to have been on scanner glass. The outer box has NO FINGERPRINTS. The surface is unforgiving. Our first box set from Los Angeles is in decent condition. But that one has two 'permanent' fingerprints as the box set 'picture' surface is such that once a print is there you cannot remove it. You can only smudge it. Also our first box set picture from LA has 'white' fading (see pics I posted above) especially around the edges of the picture itself indicating 'shelf wear'. The MINT box set not only has NO FINGERPRINTS of any kind, it has no indentations and there is only one most minute area of what I believe to be fading less than 0.3 mm in greatest dimension that is from the factory most likely. Other than that there is NO FADING into white AT ALL. It is in MINT condition. The other surfaces of BOX are MINT with Sony sticker on the bottom. The inner foam is intact with no indentations. Both the cassette and CD are SEALED NEW. There are NO PUNCH HOLES or DELETION MARKS. They are both MINT. The invite has a name written on it. Otherwise it is MINT. In some ways to have it individualized is unique and I like it. The bio is MINT. No fingerprints. No indentations. To put it simple it is an item almost like you would have gone 20 years back in time using a time capsule to 1991, gotten it from the gentleman originally invited to attend Celine's show, and then returned back to the future to 2011. The original owner had kept it all this time inside double plastic sleeves, and it had to have been away from sun as there is NO FADING of colors. Amazing find. Very happy indeed. Search continues. If anyone would be willing to sell a NEAR MINT I may consider getting one for my best friend as a suprise. Have a fantastic summer 2011!   :clap:

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,981
  • 6,451 posts
  • Born: 1978

View PostVivaldia, on Jul 5 2011, 04:28 PM, said:

Yes indeed. After a wonderful and relaxing Fourth of July weekend celebration, very much looking forward to getting home from work this evening as the 'MINT' (yes not near mint but MINT) Celine Dion 'Unison' Box Set was delivered and my wife signed for the package minutes ago today. Incredible find as the CD is even sealed, has the 'non-worn' outer BOX, and basically this was for us a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get this release MINT. My Forum friend Suzanne and I both earlier agreed this release would be IMPOSSIBLE to find in MINT condition. Thankfully we found this on eBay and placed a very high proxy bid on eBay platform as we now finally can get peace of mind. I myself have been obsessed of obtaining this release in MINT condition. Mission accomplished. I personally consider this to be a bargain. Thank You Everyone on the Forum. Please Enjoy the Rest of this Wonderful Summer 2011 ! ! !   :clap:

Oh, so it was you!!!!
Well done, glad it went to someone on the forum! :bye1:

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 13,555 posts

View PostVivaldia, on Jul 6 2011, 04:14 PM, said:

Thank You. Yes indeed. They kindly shipped the box set double boxed as I asked. The Celine 'Unison' Box Set outer box is absolutely MINT. In fact it is in 'better' condition than I imagined based on their scan. The blemish seen in auction picture has to have been on scanner glass. The outer box has NO FINGERPRINTS. The surface is unforgiving. Our first box set from Los Angeles is in decent condition. But that one has two 'permanent' fingerprints as the box set 'picture' surface is such that once a print is there you cannot remove it. You can only smudge it. Also our first box set picture from LA has 'white' fading (see pics I posted above) especially around the edges of the picture itself indicating 'shelf wear'. The MINT box set not only has NO FINGERPRINTS of any kind, it has no indentations and there is only one most minute area of what I believe to be fading less than 0.3 mm in greatest dimension that is from the factory most likely. Other than that there is NO FADING into white AT ALL. It is in MINT condition. The other surfaces of BOX are MINT with Sony sticker on the bottom. The inner foam is intact with no indentations. Both the cassette and CD are SEALED NEW. There are NO PUNCH HOLES or DELETION MARKS. They are both MINT. The invite has a name written on it. Otherwise it is MINT. In some ways to have it individualized is unique and I like it. The bio is MINT. No fingerprints. No indentations. To put it simple it is an item almost like you would have gone 20 years back in time using a time capsule to 1991, gotten it from the gentleman originally invited to attend Celine's show, and then returned back to the future to 2011. The original owner had kept it all this time inside double plastic sleeves, and it had to have been away from sun as there is NO FADING of colors. Amazing find. Very happy indeed. Search continues. If anyone would be willing to sell a NEAR MINT I may consider getting one for my best friend as a suprise. Have a fantastic summer 2011!   :clap:

And still you want a third one!!! :laugh:

I'd better not ask if you are unsealing the CD or cassette to listen them :P

Edited by Javito, 06 July 2011 - 12:40 PM.

elle3.jpg

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
seriously now hahaha

Vivaldia

Vivaldia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Poor/Fair condition Unison Box up again on eBay by another UK seller. Condition is POOR at best. Funny how the seller describes condition of box as EXCELLENT  lol ! Media does have the stickers on cases however.  :wink:

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • 13,555 posts
Yeah, it seems your whises come true again with this box :thumbsup2:

But I'm surprised another copie comes up these days, after many years without any for sale. Either you spend 5 years without seeing a single copie or you see 2 copies within a 2 week timeframe!  :laugh:

elle3.jpg

mikeg

mikeg

• Members
    • Member ID: 32,584
  • 2 posts
  • Born: 1980
Just a quick bump to say I'm selling a copy of this on eBay at the moment. Any questions, just ask.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1555.l2649

debora

debora

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 29,319
  • 539 posts
  • Born: 1995
i got my copy of the unison uk box for 100 euros and I was very lucky!!!
Posted Image

Yentl Anchel

Yentl Anchel

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 53
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local time: 04:25 PM
that's cheap! Is your box complete with the mini biography and the invitation? Since I saw a lot of cheaper boxes without them.

Elle est mon idéal, La plus grande étoile

Will be going to Celine march 2 and 5 2016 and June 20 and 21 2016

debora

debora

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 29,319
  • 539 posts
  • Born: 1995
in my box there is only the minibiography.
Posted Image

firstofone

firstofone

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,326
  • 105 posts
Hi you people!

I have a copy too and in a truly well preserved condition I must say.

What I wanted to ask is if someone that owns a 100% complete copy of this Unison promo box would be kind enough to post a photo of the invitation I read about. I always thought my box was complete with the bio and the cd and cassette (both with round grey sticker) but now I read about this invitation and go like that: :eek:  

I have it for years now and always thought my copy was complete but now I accidentally come across this topic and find out it isn't, the 'invitation' seems to be missing... At least I'd like to see that part now.  

Don't know anymore how much I paid for it but it FOR SURE wasn't as much as the prices I read about. I guess I was lucky or bought it in a better period of time.

Peace,
:clover:
"For me, Celine Dion is not the greatest singer in the world just because of her music, I tend to like her equally for the unparalleled amount of bridges she spans as one singer between people all over the globe." - DVDL

emiliejolie

emiliejolie

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,622
  • 550 posts
  • Local time: 09:25 AM
  • Born: 1981
Oh F....k ! when i think i sold the same both items some years ago in a pristine condition too for 180 USD each !!! I realize i could have made much more money :wacko: :wacko:

DavidUK

DavidUK

• Members
    • Member ID: 35,453
  • 1 posts
  • Born: 1981
Hi everyone. I work for the charity Oxfam and we're currently auctioning the Unison UK Box Set Promo on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...9WxiKP#viTabs_0

We initially had no idea it was so scarce until we stumbled on this section of the forum so many thanks for providing more detailed information and helping us to realise how rare it is. The full description and several photos are on the site, but essentially the box set we have includes the CD, Cassette, Bio + Invite. The invite is for a concert in Glasgow, which seems to be different from some of the other England based invites - presumably there is more than one version?

We've already turned down several direct offers to purchase it, so despite the number of very committed fans who clearly would like to possess a copy, we've decided we're going to let the auction run until its scheduled close. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,727 posts

View PostDavidUK, on 20 February 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

Hi everyone. I work for the charity Oxfam and we're currently auctioning the Unison UK Box Set Promo on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...9WxiKP#viTabs_0

We initially had no idea it was so scarce until we stumbled on this section of the forum so many thanks for providing more detailed information and helping us to realise how rare it is. The full description and several photos are on the site, but essentially the box set we have includes the CD, Cassette, Bio + Invite. The invite is for a concert in Glasgow, which seems to be different from some of the other England based invites - presumably there is more than one version?

We've already turned down several direct offers to purchase it, so despite the number of very committed fans who clearly would like to possess a copy, we've decided we're going to let the auction run until its scheduled close. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
Wow how lucky your organisation got their hands one on! Let's hope it will get loads of bids for the good cause!

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

WCD199317

WCD199317

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 34,600
  • 109 posts
  • Born: 1993
For many peoples to search the infos, for the Japan version, Céline has been a tour promotion for Japan in 6-11 may 1991 for the promotion of this album and Sony Japan filmed the territories of province of Québec (Canada) for promoted his origin of the singer and promot the artist. In UK, Sony easy to promot this artist, but the reception has been very cold. This album didn't go too far in the international market in the countrys when the album has been released (the album has been released in 18 countrys during 1990 and 1991). In Japan, depiste this promotion, the album didn't go too far and the album has been very low sales.

Edited by WCD199317, 20 June 2018 - 08:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 94 user(s)

maclen, secretdennis, simdelf77, hanky, Roniel, myllainium, canardion, firstofone, WCD199317, MrTim212, Der_Griffon, kferraz7, MusicCollection, alvick53, angel30, andyw024, Igor_Moscow, tomantha, Hilda, arnoglow, D'elles, oiseaudubonheur, Davey84, Celine Fan 77, Celine-Express, Roland61, woodstock, CelineDionForeverNY, Caledor, kelvin, Valeriver, sky-fits-heaven, jesaispasxx, tomdalbou, Frenchie, lesh2004, koala44, supermilenko, Fuzzy, tal-sh2, mickaeldelacour, I Drove All Night!, Manudion, andrew s, alextrusca, Timster, debora, GoldenLeaf, Yentl Anchel, fidalguia, tiniann88, dawn, Javito, ilka, DavidUK, comingback, emiliejolie, azteca_1990, celinefanonline, duchess83, je t'aime, stivi1976, Gabriel81, sangstar, wayne0223, agacs, Olivierblc, celinesounds, pame-65, giannislyber, CELINE MARIE, Kian, Wiz, bhzquebec, Philippe1984, BiG PuEN, Dustin, Gwynne, dyusha, Austinadk, Stuart2007, MY_WAY, charmedceline, UniqueCeline, cwnice, LuisMa, Ziggy6583, L'amour, KTF80, MaxRayÎles, Bruno Dion, mikeg, [Alex], J-Man

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy