Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

A New Day ... Live in Las Vegas DVD ExtrasWhat did you think?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Luv_is_CeRene

Luv_is_CeRene

• Members
    • Member ID: 23,167
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
Hi :D.

Just wondering what everybody thought of the DVD extras ... what your favorites were.  

For me, I much preferred the home scenes with little RC, watching Celine & Rene interact with their son before they left for the concert ... and the part where they were going to tuck him in when they got home.  

What I found hilarious :sofunny: was in the bloopers section, where Rene and Celine are at the after concert party and Celine asks Rene to open up so that she can put part of a Jell-O cube in his mouth, while she finishes the one she gave him.   He indulges her  :wub: and stands there for a moment and says, "It's Jell-O!" like he's wondering what the big deal is.  Then another moment later, his eyes pop   :w00t: and he leans against the wall.  Celine bursts out laughing, and Rene and everybody else laughs too - Celine had given her husband a jello shot!

Love the car scenes  :in_love:  :wub:  where they're talking about RC.  And the discussion they're having about betting -- Celine is rubbing Rene's head and asks him if he knows what he's going to bet on.  He asks her what he should bet on and she does a great little lead in:

C: Put everything you've got ...
R:  Everything on what ...?
C: On me!  :wub:

I've been able to catch the Quebec version on You Tube ... it includes scenes of them at home, with Rene playing Wii with little RC after the concert.

Posted Image

I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.  I've never had any other love, never any other lover ...René and I love each other because of who he is and who I am.  That's the greatest, strongest, and most beautiful love of my life.

Celine Dion on husband René Angélil - My Story, My Dream

nati

nati

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,078
  • 450 posts
  • Local time: 06:33 PM
  • Born: 1985
my favourite part is where Celine's dancer impersonates her and she walks into the room.  And than she does her own impersonation of the dancer i believe his name was joey.  And she comes out with how to be Joey. :sofunny:
Thanks Celine for the great memories.  I will never forget you

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,981
  • 6,453 posts
  • Local time: 01:33 AM
  • Born: 1978
One of my faves is Celine and Rene in the car on the way home. She's making Rene laugh by talking about halloween, being a clown, and poptarts!! :sofunny: Rene's giggling away.

nati

nati

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,078
  • 450 posts
Poptarts is it on the quebec version or other version.  If so i need to go to quebec
Thanks Celine for the great memories.  I will never forget you

Luv_is_CeRene

Luv_is_CeRene

• Members
  • 9 posts
It's on the Quebec version.  I saw it on You Tube -- it's hilarious! Rene's laughing so hard he looks like he's got tears in his eyes.  

Found more goodies:

-- Rene is talking about how the show got started, and he's commenting on Celine's new haircut at the time (short, blonde) ... he says that he was caught in the middle; as Celine's manager, he believed that changing her image would be a big mistake because the public wouldn't like it; as her husband, he saw that she was excited about it and decided he wanted her to be happy even if it cost $$$.  In the end, he went with it even though the haircut turned out NOT to be a hit -- all for her happiness.

-- Rene talks about the number "River Deep, Mountain High": as her manager, he knows the public enjoys the number and it's very entertaining ... as her husband, he thinks his wife is beautiful and she looks amazing  :wub: (that's why it's his favorite number)

-- Little RC calls during the after party and Celine promises him that Mommy and Daddy will hurry home.  They leave the party and in the car, Celine describes their son's call to Rene and how RC told her that he can't wait for Mommy and Daddy to get home.  Rene doesn't reply to her, but instead immediately tells the driver to speed up  :)  ... it's apparent that little RC is their world.

Posted Image

I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.  I've never had any other love, never any other lover ...René and I love each other because of who he is and who I am.  That's the greatest, strongest, and most beautiful love of my life.

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 26,063 posts
  • Born: 1984
the best part is at the very very end of the and special!! :sofunny:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Luv_is_CeRene

Luv_is_CeRene

• Members
  • 9 posts
LOL -- the very, very end ... is that the part in the car with Celine rubbing Rene's head in the car, telling him to bet everything on her? Love that!

Just saw the car scene where Celine is telling Rene about one of the dancers who broke her ankle and is expressing exhaustion with the rigors of the Vegas show.  

Rene tries to cheer her up and reminds her that they have a month off coming up ... and she looks at him like   :blink:.  Rene quickly adds, "With pressure" just before Celine lists, with playful sarcasm, all that they will be doing during their month off  :sofunny:.  They're so in sync!

Love when Rene asks Carlo, the driver, to speed up (so that they can get home to a waiting RC) and an amused Celine tells the driver not to listen to him, probably envisioning them speeding down the highway at breakneck speeds.  The driver jokes back that Rene just made his dream come true ... the ultimate "Step on it!" fantasy that every chauffeur dreams about.  

Oh, and Celine's advice to a husband:

"Remember this: Happy wife, happy life.  It's true.  If the wife is happy, then the household seems to flow with her happiness, things are easier.  My husband believes this and has put it into practice."  :in_love: :wub: :kicking: WOO HOO, RENE!

Posted Image

nrcda88

nrcda88

There's always a light that shines through

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,384
  • 656 posts
  • Born: 1988
I love all the extras! The parts at home with RC are the best.
The scenes in the car after the show are so funny, especially in the Quebec version (thanks to youtube i got to see it).
One funny bit in the tribute to the fans section, when two girls showed Celine their tattoos of the AND logo. Celine's expression is priceless.
In the all access where she's changing for River Deep Mountain High, her guitar solo face is so funny.

Posted Image

Céline

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,453 posts

View PostNikkel, on Mar 5 2009, 02:37 AM, said:

I love all the extras! The parts at home with RC are the best.
The scenes in the car after the show are so funny, especially in the Quebec version (thanks to youtube i got to see it).
One funny bit in the tribute to the fans section, when two girls showed Celine their tattoos of the AND logo. Celine's expression is priceless.
In the all access where she's changing for River Deep Mountain High, her guitar solo face is so funny.

:laugh: Don't you think that's the best time to be playing air guitar - when you're butt naked!!! :giggle:  :sofunny:  :sofunny:

celinesbabeinchrist

celinesbabeinchrist

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,536
  • 412 posts
I wish there was more home extras with RC.

maddie-

maddie-

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 21,807
  • 74 posts
  • Local time: 04:33 PM
  • Born: 1994
I still can't believe they showed the parts of her changing  :P
but it's really cool to see all the things that goes on backstage during the show
and rc was soooooo cute when he wuz sleeping
"A smart girl leaves before she is left"

Claudette

Claudette

Math Chic

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 22,542
  • 6,936 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 AM
I love the part where her brother pretends to be one of the dancers and she starts laughing.  :sofunny:

Posted Image

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,927 posts
  • Local time: 11:33 AM
it's really well done ! they showed part that some artists wouldn't want to show to the public

only one thing is that i think they should have interview mia michaels for the choreography
and probably more footage on dancers from audition to show and rehearsal footage too
Courage don't you dare fail me now!
newal.jpgctswallwl.jpg

CelineFanInSoCal

CelineFanInSoCal

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,406
  • 532 posts
  • Local time: 05:33 PM
  • Born: 1982
Yeah, it would have been nice to have some good quality footage from rehearsals and stuff.  And the Mia Michaels parts seems oddly oddly overlooked to me, too.  The choreographer of the entire show not on the dvd?  weird.

I would of liked the backstage tour to be better or more in-depth.  There was obviously more to the infrastructure and some secret areas, etc.  I love the DVD and actually watch it frequently, along with the bonus stuff, too.

Shamrock_1982

Shamrock_1982

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,793
  • 7,587 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 AM
  • Born: 1982
I watched this again today...... :)

And I never noticed it before but I really love how when Celine was leaving the Colossuem with Rene.
Rene is getting into the car in the garage area and Celine is walking down the famous orange corridor after him, and Nick is standing by the door that separates both areas and she randomly pretends to punch Nick, and he doesn't even blink, but the punch, and sound it made, then her face to the camera were hillarious!  :sofunny:

I love her!  :in_love:

Darren.

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 1,339
  • 7,190 posts
:wub: :in_love: :wub:  

I think this is my favorite DVD.

My precious  :wub:

But does anyone know if the version amazon.fr is selling is the french (Quebec) or the english version?

Or where to buy the french version?
I found Archambault but they only ship to USA and Canada :(

I want it badly

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts
More info about amazon.fr

There are two kind of DVD´s that amazon.fr has

here are the links

http://www.amazon.fr...M/ref=pd_cp_d_1

http://www.amazon.fr...s...2533&sr=1-1

Has anyone of you got any clue why the price difference? and difference of release date?

alvaap24

alvaap24

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,141
  • 3,311 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 PM
Well, I don't have a clue either but
it seems to me that they are different
the first one is the french one and the
other one the english one, so I guess
for amazon.fr the english one would
be import. so that's way it costs more
but I really don't know haha

Posted Image
There ain't a dream
That don't have the chance to come true now
It just takes a little faith..

alvaap24

alvaap24

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,141
  • 3,311 posts
And by the way
its one of my favorites too
I looove it.. :)
and I also love the part where michel
acts like a dancer, and she starts
laughing!
haha
And from the Quebec one I loove the RC
scenes at the end, with the wii :D

Posted Image
There ain't a dream
That don't have the chance to come true now
It just takes a little faith..

JessCC

JessCC

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 3,934
  • 559 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 AM
Sigh... I'm looking for the Quebec version too... Can anyone help me?  :confused:

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,453 posts

View PostJessCC, on Jul 27 2009, 05:46 PM, said:

Sigh... I'm looking for the Quebec version too... Can anyone help me?  :confused:

Maybe this is the right one. Emailed the seller and gave me the EAN number and it matches my quebec dvd so if you don't mind buying on ebay, there's only one copy left from this seller - and on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=200332762652

Let me know if you get it.. :)

JessCC

JessCC

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
Hey Debbie, thanks for the link! Wow, $30, though...  :blink:  That's pretty steep. Actually, I wonder if the Quebec version is still in print or already limited to auctions, because I'm looking for at least 3 copies, myself and some friends of mine only own the English version but the Quebec version looks so much more fun...

I've searched HMV Canada as well as Archambault. HMV doesn't have online ordering services and Archambault only sends to Canada and US...  :confused:

View Postceline4evauk, on Jul 29 2009, 12:25 AM, said:

Maybe this is the right one. Emailed the seller and gave me the EAN number and it matches my quebec dvd so if you don't mind buying on ebay, there's only one copy left from this seller - and on ebay.

angelil78

angelil78

Instagram @nickelbv78

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,190 posts
And CDWow said they had it and sold it, but turned out they didn´t really have it

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,453 posts

View PostJessCC, on Jul 28 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

Hey Debbie, thanks for the link! Wow, $30, though...  :blink:  That's pretty steep. Actually, I wonder if the Quebec version is still in print or already limited to auctions, because I'm looking for at least 3 copies, myself and some friends of mine only own the English version but the Quebec version looks so much more fun...

I've searched HMV Canada as well as Archambault. HMV doesn't have online ordering services and Archambault only sends to Canada and US...  :confused:

View Postceline4evauk, on Jul 29 2009, 12:25 AM, said:

Seems to me that its out of print now. Remember this was the 3rd version of the dvd and only made for distribution in Quebec. The rest of the world had the international version (normal english one), and for France was the french version.  So i personally think anyone who wants the Quebec one will have to get it secondhand or at auction. But hey, i could be wrong!! Hope you manage to get it at some point. :bye1:

JessCC

JessCC

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
Hmm... I wonder what's the difference between the France French version and the Quebec French version? They SHOULD be the same, right? After all, they can't be filming it twice in French and expecting the same results (in terms of the behind the scenes)? Hmm...  :confused:

View Postceline4evauk, on Jul 29 2009, 03:43 AM, said:

Seems to me that its out of print now. Remember this was the 3rd version of the dvd and only made for distribution in Quebec. The rest of the world had the international version (normal english one), and for France was the french version.  So i personally think anyone who wants the Quebec one will have to get it secondhand or at auction. But hey, i could be wrong!! Hope you manage to get it at some point. :bye1:

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,453 posts

View PostJessCC, on Jul 31 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

Hmm... I wonder what's the difference between the France French version and the Quebec French version? They SHOULD be the same, right? After all, they can't be filming it twice in French and expecting the same results (in terms of the behind the scenes)? Hmm...  :confused:

View Postceline4evauk, on Jul 29 2009, 03:43 AM, said:

Don't know. I was told that its only the Quebec version that had the extra footage at home. Maybe it is the one from France also. :shrug: Can't confirm it - sorry.

Peter12345

Peter12345

Celine Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
    • Member ID: 22,162
  • 96 posts
  • Born: 1996
I just finished watching the Because you loved me fan thing, the concert. the before the concert footage of Celine getting her makeup on and then after when they are going home. I really get sad at the end because i dont want the DVD to end. Lol
"Celine": The Colosseum: August 7, 2011
Celine Dion: Courage World Tour -- Milwaukee, WI -- November 3, 2019

ghazal

ghazal

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,216
  • 1,926 posts
  • Born: 1993
i think the best part is when she is dancing for the song"I WISH" :hmm:

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • 6,453 posts
I love the bit just before she goes on for MHWGO and Joey does his impression of Celine for her, then Celine does her impression of him!! :sofunny:

Celinex

Celinex

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 13,074
  • 378 posts
  • Born: 1980
Just came accross this performance of Because You Loved on Youtube.Why didn't they include as an extra on the dvd.The performance is really good.

Edited by Celinex, 19 September 2009 - 01:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 15 user(s)

dawn, Jef, Gulenkov, fabricio esteves, kevincheung410, Lotty, celinish98, baldanito, MyHappyBill, littleames, toiowo, wolverine, Ncarbia, Kostas89, Yakir

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy