Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Weird Single Releasesand of course the stupid NON single releases!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,666 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 PM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1984
I was just thinking about this, cos of the JSP live single questions lately!

I think it's soooo weird that they decided to release this song from Live à Paris! I mean it was already a single, is was a nice hit in France, and yeah the music is different cos of the guitar, but why release the same song twice? It would have been much better if they Released J'irai où tu iras, or made a real single for Les derniers seront les premiers! Or of course Prière Païenne!!!  :wub:

And on the note of stupid decisions not to release songs are for instance:
did you gave enough love - why was it pulled back in the end?! :shrug:
seduces me - would have been an amazing single from FIY! Better then CTM IMO, even though that song is amazing
I drove All Night (initial UK release) - why was it pulled back and later released with OH as a double A side?!  :doh:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

[Alex]

[Alex]

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 16,982
  • 770 posts
  • Local time: 09:20 PM
Completely agree about Seduces Me!! :wub:
Posted Image

Timster

Timster

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 17,549
  • 5,903 posts
  • Local time: 05:20 PM
  • Born: 1994

View PostDavey84, on Feb 22 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

I drove All Night (initial UK release) - why was it pulled back and later released with OH as a double A side?!  :doh:

I need that single! I't's a pain trying to find it anywhere cos you have to search for 'one heart', as the front cover on Part 1 and Part 2 of this UK single are both titled One Heart, and they have exactly the same cover apart from the 'Dion' is red on one CD, and yellow on the other one... :confused:

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,538 posts
  • Born: 1985
Well Davey, you already know Céline's Sony team isn't characterized by their brilliant brains precisely... :rolleyes:  :D

They've made many stupid singles releases, not to mention the songs that sometimes they decided to promote live on the TV shows...

That JSP choice was incomprehensible, yes, but tell me what about GTSW and how they killed the great running that was doing ANDHC, or HYEBIL with One Heart when it was a song from ANDHC... There were some Céline songs that should had been forbidden to be picked as singles for radio.

They should have all majored in how to ruin and kill the promotion of good albums.

Edited by Gonzalillo, 22 February 2009 - 04:25 PM.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,160
  • 2,417 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 PM
pahaha yeh as soon as u said about stupid releases....i thought the uk one heart/ i drove all night - such a rediculous stratagey- lovely cds but they totally burry i drove all night under one heart which im sorry should not have been allowed to live...barely as an album track let alone a single.

All singles from a new day has come (except andhc) were mistakes....massive ones...and loads were half hearted....and the have u ever been i love off one heart....uhh...make up yr mind please. haha i have too many issues with the andhc era.

I thought treat her like a lady was an unexpected release at the time...and a weird one coz it was not promo'd at all - celine was in the middle of a tour (bit like when call the man was released ....like the last gasp of an album because a tour needs promoting a bit) but by treat her like a lady's release in 1999....i was completely (but pleasently coz i love that single) surprised coz we'd had lets talk about love since 1997...and then after immortality we had I'm your angel from the Xmas album and i just assumed Let's talk about love was over...but they released THLAL. Loved it, but as number 31 in the charts proves (or what ever number it was) it was bad timing. The album had lost momentum.

ZoraSourit

ZoraSourit

Celine Obsessed

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 95
  • 2,008 posts
For me the worst part was all the mess with the D'elles singles... Never got the point and never understood their strategy (was there any?).

Posted Image

Antwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ Arras

Some people need no slogans or presentations.

And that was a wrap, folks!

Stéphane G.

Stéphane G.

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 448
  • 891 posts
  • Local time: 12:20 PM
  • Born: 1980
Completely agree about "D'Elles" strategy !  :confused:

Why not single "Femme comme chacune", or "Les Paradis" !  :confused: They are nice song !

My site web : Céline Dion En Dessin
Posted Image
Please support the site !
Thank you so very much !

Timster

Timster

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 17,549
  • 5,903 posts
  • Born: 1994
The D'elles singles were complete mess. Why did they only release ESNRQ?, and then have promos for I and AC?

The same applies with Taking Chances, the only single was TC (& EOM for UK, AWTBI for Japan), and that was it! Why can't we be back in the days of FIY/ LTAL. They milked those albums dry!!

zoea2812

zoea2812

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 19,343
  • 3,480 posts
  • Born: 1976
I totally agree. More should have been done to promote the Taking Chances album and Shadow Of Love / Fade Away/ Surprise Surprise should have been released as singles.
Posted Image

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 25,666 posts

View PostGonzalillo, on Feb 22 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

Well Davey, you already know Céline's Sony team isn't characterized by their brilliant brains precisely... :rolleyes:  :D

They've made many stupid singles releases, not to mention the songs that sometimes they decided to promote live on the TV shows...

That JSP choice was incomprehensible, yes, but tell me what about GTSW and how they killed the great running that was doing ANDHC, or HYEBIL with One Heart when it was a song from ANDHC... There were some Céline songs that should had been forbidden to be picked as singles for radio.

They should have all majored in how to ruin and kill the promotion of good albums.

haha yeah my love... we have seen it all, the useless releases the flop and fall  :whistling:

I dunno what GTSW was all about, only that céline looked amazing in the video :P but it killed the album!! HYEBIL should have been a single from ANDHC! I still can't believe Sony NL pulled back that single, even though the ugly video got played on the biggest music station here!! :doh: it was the last video I saw of Céline on tv  :down:
and I don't like SFL that much, but it could have been a hit, just like RIFOY!

View PostHilda, on Feb 22 2009, 11:47 PM, said:

I thought treat her like a lady was an unexpected release at the time...and a weird one coz it was not promo'd at all - celine was in the middle of a tour (bit like when call the man was released ....like the last gasp of an album because a tour needs promoting a bit) but by treat her like a lady's release in 1999....i was completely (but pleasently coz i love that single) surprised coz we'd had lets talk about love since 1997...and then after immortality we had I'm your angel from the Xmas album and i just assumed Let's talk about love was over...but they released THLAL. Loved it, but as number 31 in the charts proves (or what ever number it was) it was bad timing. The album had lost momentum.

what I loved about the THLAL release, was that it had the Unison mix on the single!  :wub: LOL!! I still don't get why this was a single and even a part of the tour!  :whistling: LOL!!

and about D'elles and also Taking Chances, I think that they (sony, rene, celine) decide which songs will be a 'single' way before the album is released and more important, way before they know the reaction of fans/critics/people on the songs! which is a huge mistake of course!  :whistling: Look at TC: on the sticker it says; 'TC, A and EOM', they never intended to release or promo any other song, even though FA got a massive response! the 'strategy' was already determented and nothing would change that.

D'elles and 1f4t are kinda similar:

1st single hugely (for todays standards) promoted
TLDH and ESNRQ both number 1

2nd single somewhat promoted but
EJTAE: the video comes too late and is horrible!
I: the video is nice, but there's no real single; it's a b-side to TC in France, but it's not mentioned anywhere!

3rd single; no promotion what so ever!
CN: the video comes too late, no physical single
AC; great remix, but they decide to push Alone instead, which flops, not even a video for both songs!  :blink:  :rolleyes:

It's like they are afraid to actually score hits these days  :shrug:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Hilda

Hilda

Tom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,160
  • 2,417 posts
yeh - well unison remiz eas only on the EU version wasnt it? so i got no benefit off that haha - i still need that bloody single actually haha - but what a great and random choice to put on a single in 99!

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,538 posts

View PostDavey84, on Feb 23 2009, 06:36 PM, said:

I dunno what GTSW was all about, only that céline looked amazing in the video :P but it killed the album!! HYEBIL should have been a single from ANDHC! I still can't believe Sony NL pulled back that single, even though the ugly video got played on the biggest music station here!! :doh: it was the last video I saw of Céline on tv  :down:
and I don't like SFL that much, but it could have been a hit, just like RIFOY!

Yeah, Céline looked fabulous in the GTSW video (i think that's the only thing that made worth that single) but it killed the album as you said. And surely, RIFOY, as well as WTWOLYR would have had hot radio airplay :in_love:
But Sony doesn't have ears for Céline's happy and uptempo songs, only for her sad and slow ballads :glare:  :evil:

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)

Roland61, lesh2004

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy