Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

A new day .. performance DVD with blond hair

139 replies to this topic

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 20,820
  • 105 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
well on the DVD of A new day Celine says she made a DVD of the show when she had those incredibly awesome short blond hair!
i dont get it why she didnt like em.. i loved em!

does this exist anyplace?

nati

nati

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 6,078
  • 450 posts
  • Local time: 03:36 AM
  • Born: 1985
Most of the fans didn't like her short blonde hair that's why they trashed it.  I personally loved her as a blonde
Thanks Celine for the great memories.  I will never forget you

Nmj

Nmj

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 11,244
  • 8,218 posts
  • Born: 1989
I Dissagree I hate that hair it made her like too old like she was in the fiftys or sixties and at which she was only 38 at the time
Posted Image
"I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love until we die."

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
so this performance doesnt exist!?!

i fell in love with the show back then..

she was running up and down the stage, flying .. really Living it! and her hair well many say this but i love em i really do..

despite the fact that they made her look older (what i dont see) it made her feel a child totally.. u could see her dance freely without having the trouble with the hair as it says.. it made her look carefree!

now with the long hair she's simply a diva singing on the dvd! something i love equally .. but im looking for her performance when her show was a lil different..
with her flying, dancing more and singing some other songs like what a wonderful world and nature boy.. etc..

i really fell in love with her and the show back then.. and this isnt changing..

so to sum up this doesnt exist right ?

i dont mean this hair >>
im talking about this (just to make it clear :P ) >>>

i happened to go see the show when she had that look .. the whole theatre was full of energy! but on the dvd i saw the same energy but different .. i know that some time has passed from the show that ive seen to the other one recorded on the dvd but it's much different!
she was like a little child back then reaally like a child.. ( just watch 0:53 on the last trailer i posted.. she's running up and down the stage with her dancers.. hahaha )

PS> since this trailer exists (the last one posted) .. that has features from all the songs with Celine in blond hair i thought there would be the performance .. the whole of it somewhere.. is there ??

Edited by Kostas89, 21 November 2008 - 04:47 AM.

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 18,981
  • 5,329 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM
  • Born: 1978
It does exist but it may not have even been finished (edited fully etc), as people didn't like her look so they binned it. We were promised the original dvd would come out - but typical Sony. Same as Millennium concert - advertised, release date, but a no-show.  :cry:  :angry2:  :nono:  :nono:

COME ON SONY - WHILE CELINE IS HAVING HER BREAK RELEASE THE DVDS WE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT.

FIRST AND DVD    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

MILLENNIUM CONCERT  DVD :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

MEMPHIS CONCERT DVD   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

View Postceline4evauk, on Nov 21 2008, 02:23 PM, said:

It does exist but it may not have even been finished (edited fully etc), as people didn't like her look so they binned it. We were promised the original dvd would come out - but typical Sony. Same as Millennium concert - advertised, release date, but a no-show.  :cry:  :angry2:  :nono:  :nono:

COME ON SONY - WHILE CELINE IS HAVING HER BREAK RELEASE THE DVDS WE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT.

FIRST AND DVD    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

MILLENNIUM CONCERT  DVD :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

MEMPHIS CONCERT DVD   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

so to sum up it's gonna be published sometime right ?!?

ok some didnt like it some DID though and really DID...
++ A NEW DAY wasnt the same from beginning to end.. it went through some phases .. many things changed many things stayed untouched .. it'd be thrilling to see this!

i really hope this comes out!!

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
sorry for the double post..

just look at her .. stunning ..breathtaking.. full of youth!!  this hair make her seem old to some but to her and to me it makes her a carefree young girl ready to dance to run to fly without caring about her hair coming on her face..  

http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_002.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_001.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_010.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_004.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_005.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_018.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_011.jpg
http://i185.photobuc...um/PDVD_012.jpg

celinefanonline

celinefanonline

Celine Fan Online

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 129
  • 5,336 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 PM
  • Born: 1984
here's 2 pics i got from few years back... (time goes so quick...) it's from someone who atteneded the cancelled show which they showed the blonde dvd
Attached File  NB.JPG   36.56K   81 downloads
Attached File  SM.JPG   33.89K   60 downloads
Posted Image
Posted Image

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Donators
  • 5,329 posts
Sorry, but i doubt that the dvd will ever be released. We were promised it but as they didn't release it before they released the second version - i doubt they'll bother. It would only really be die-hard fans that would buy it. I know i would though!!  :clap: Maybe if enough people would keep asking for it, then maybe we could persuade them!! :rolleyes:

WendyB

WendyB

Time is running out .....

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2,028
  • 1,762 posts
Oh, I'd buy it too - but then I am a die-hard fan  :giggle:

I am really disappointed that it's never been released.  I was lucky enough to go to Vegas 4 times and each time the show had changed.  n my opinion, they missed out by not releasing halfway through the 5 year stint.  Far from deterring people from making the trip, it would have encouraged them!

I'm also very disappointed that CÚline "blocked" the release of the Millennium concert  :down:

Elaine

Elaine

The hills are alive with the sound of music!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,730
  • 2,844 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 AM
  • Born: 1986
Yeah, I wish it could have been released as well, though I really don't like her hair like that (but as she said, it's just hair people!  :msn-tongue:  :giggle:  ). So we have to be happy to have seen at least that one in which Justin was the host for the TV broadcast  :msn-tongue:
Anyway, I think we'll never get to see it... Or maybe in a very distant future, something like a package : Blonde hair DVD + Final night presentation... Dreams dreams dreams...  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

View PostElaine, on Nov 23 2008, 09:06 AM, said:

Yeah, I wish it could have been released as well, though I really don't like her hair like that (but as she said, it's just hair people!  :msn-tongue:  :giggle:  ). So we have to be happy to have seen at least that one in which Justin was the host for the TV broadcast  :msn-tongue:
Anyway, I think we'll never get to see it... Or maybe in a very distant future, something like a package : Blonde hair DVD + Final night presentation... Dreams dreams dreams...  :rolleyes:

oh i love this dream box set .. hahaha

and good ideas WendyB too .. ive thought of that too but it's still a dream that one too :(

thanks for the two awesome pictures :)

BTW when were we promised that dvd? ?  was there any announcement made ?

Edited by Kostas89, 23 November 2008 - 01:12 PM.

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Donators
  • 5,329 posts

View PostKostas89, on Nov 23 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

and good ideas WendyB too .. ive thought of that too but it's still a dream that one too :(

Its the dvd that was advertised on the AND cd - supposedly being released in the Fall 04.

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

View Postceline4evauk, on Nov 24 2008, 12:38 PM, said:

View PostKostas89, on Nov 23 2008, 06:59 PM, said:

Its the dvd that was advertised on the AND cd - supposedly being released in the Fall 04.

oh right.. that's where my sig vid is from ...  thanks for reminding ;)

Nmj

Nmj

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
  • 8,218 posts
I Liked that show when she had the same customes and set list but the long brown hair with the red dress and sispenders ...the show had so much more energy then exepect NO RDMH.
-Nmj
Posted Image

Timster

Timster

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 17,549
  • 5,902 posts
  • Born: 1994
I thought Celine's blonde hair was ok, but it depends what style it was. When she had it blond it made the rest of her face look different cos her skin looked pale  :huh:

I hope we will one day get this DVD! But I think releasing Live in Memphis on DVD is more important.

Maybe they'll release a 'DVD Collection' with Live in Memphis & Millenium Concert like this:
http://ecx.images-am...jRL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by ShuttleDiscovery, 27 November 2008 - 10:42 AM.

maceta_biloxi

maceta_biloxi

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,716
  • 1,841 posts
  • Local time: 04:36 AM
  • Born: 1976
I like Je t'aime encore and the first ever i saw your face, at last and fever too, when i went to see the saw she wasn't singing them anymore :(

Do What You Want But Harm No One

Posted Image

...Looking Alike!?

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Donators
  • 5,329 posts

View Postmaceta_biloxi, on Nov 27 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

I like Je t'aime encore and the first ever i saw your face, at last and fever too, when i went to see the saw she wasn't singing them anymore :(

That's exactly why Sony should release the first dvd. I used to love Fever especially - and i've never seen TFTEISYF.  :cry:

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

View Postceline4evauk, on Nov 28 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

That's exactly why Sony should release the first dvd. I used to love Fever especially - and i've never seen TFTEISYF.  :cry:
i couldnt agree more!!!  but im afraid that their excuse will be that they released a LIVE cd with em.. of course we do not get to see them from there on stage shooting! :(

OFF TOPIC  (a bit ;P)    hey does anyone happen to have a HQ version of the vid that i have on my signature btw ?!

Edited by Kostas89, 28 November 2008 - 06:53 PM.

celine4evauk

celine4evauk

Celine Worshipper

• Donators
  • 5,329 posts

View PostKostas89, on Nov 29 2008, 12:51 AM, said:

View Postceline4evauk, on Nov 28 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

i couldnt agree more!!!  but im afraid that their excuse will be that they released a LIVE cd with em.. of course we do not get to see them from there on stage shooting! :(

OFF TOPIC  (a bit ;P)    hey does anyone happen to have a HQ version of the vid that i have on my signature btw ?!

TFTEISYF wasn't on the cd  :cry:

Timster

Timster

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 17,549
  • 5,902 posts
  • Born: 1994

View Postceline4evauk, on Nov 29 2008, 01:27 PM, said:

TFTEISYF wasn't on the cd  :cry:

That CD is awful. Everything apart from maybe TPOL and TLYM (old playbacks) should be on there, I just can't understand why they didn't do that... :down:

idroveallnight

idroveallnight

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 7,466
  • 1,217 posts
  • Born: 1990
That is the best trailer EVER!  It shows a real down to earth side of A New Day where Celine is having a lot of fun and is really excited about the show.  I was hoping they would give us an amazing trailer like that before the dvd was released.  Just like it was mentioned on the dvd, many hardcore Celine fans are used to seeing Celine in a certain way and when she cut her hair it was a complete culture shock to them and it almost seemed like she just wasn't the same Celine anymore.  Plus let's face it, I think the current Celine would sell way more copies than the former blonde haired one.  I don't think many people enjoyed the blonde hair, not even Rene.  I don't understand why she felt like she had to go blonde though.  I think that hairstyle would've fit her if it were a darker color and was a little less puffy.  I highly doubt we'll ever see the release you're asking for.  If it is released, you can bet that when she appears on a tv show or is interviewed, they will use those clips during voiceovers and whatnot in spite of her.
Posted Image

Kostas89

Kostas89

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

View Postidroveallnight, on Dec 11 2008, 05:46 PM, said:

That is the best trailer EVER!  It shows a real down to earth side of A New Day where Celine is having a lot of fun and is really excited about the show.  I was hoping they would give us an amazing trailer like that before the dvd was released.  Just like it was mentioned on the dvd, many hardcore Celine fans are used to seeing Celine in a certain way and when she cut her hair it was a complete culture shock to them and it almost seemed like she just wasn't the same Celine anymore.  Plus let's face it, I think the current Celine would sell way more copies than the former blonde haired one.  I don't think many people enjoyed the blonde hair, not even Rene.  I don't understand why she felt like she had to go blonde though.  I think that hairstyle would've fit her if it were a darker color and was a little less puffy.  I highly doubt we'll ever see the release you're asking for.  If it is released, you can bet that when she appears on a tv show or is interviewed, they will use those clips during voiceovers and whatnot in spite of her.

well i unfortunately have to admit that fans wouldnt like it..
i got to know her from The power of love and on when her hair was boy style.. and yet i loved her singing and her presence..
i wouldnt like to point to her eever what to do to feel pretty! whatever makes a man happy ive learned to love it too since they do! since it's their choice..

on the other hand it's so obvious indeed that it's a different ERA!

the blond hair is moore carefree, more happy .. it's the time the baby was not much old so she was thriiilled! she run she flew she danced and oh my god she did SING her very best! she was feeling pretty with her hair and not having to take em away from her face .. so she could dance and fly etc etc..
it was her goal to dance and fly and run up and down the stage with her dancers! that why she'd asked for that change!

the 2007 dvd only shows me what was logic to happen ..
first of all she grew older..(a reason why she couldnt fly i guess.. people change..) she wasnt just as carefree.. her son has seen the singer in her.. she couldnt be all fun and alive as she was.. that's why she had to bring only the DIVA part .. and that's what she did!
watching the 2007 dvd proves that.. no flying , no running , no dancing , no stepping on the back of dancers to climb down the stairs ..
she even didnt care about the hair coming to her face.. why? because she wouldnt have to do all the things mentioned above.. she would only have to sing.. be the diva! thing that i loved but wasnt at all the era that i liked..

i wish at least that they could re-release the 2007 dvd in a DELUXE EDITION let's say .. with the 2003/2004 version included! :(
i dont think it's a hard thing to do :(

PS> to me it gives the impression that she just let go of what she wanted for the sake of the fans.. and i dont like it either.. i want her to be herself! ALL THE WAY ! whatever makes her feel comfortable , whatever makes her feel pretty I'LL ACCEPT! and i DID HAVE FUN this one time on vegas that i saw this show.. i just dont want to forget it .. and the current dvd doesnt do much about it .. it's different ..

Edited by Kostas89, 12 December 2008 - 04:34 AM.

Tyler1991

Tyler1991

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,364
  • 3,899 posts
  • Born: 1991
Here are some YouTube Links for the Opening Night CBS Special:

- THE POWER OF LOVE & I'M ALIVE
- I'VE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING
- I WISH
- I DROVE ALL NIGHT & WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
- LOVE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS

CelineDionFan710

CelineDionFan710

I <3 Celine Dion!!!!!!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 22,581
  • 2,864 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 AM
  • Born: 1988
The DVD A new day is better with long hair. and therer is a taking chances world tour dvd coming out as well.
Posted Image

Celine is my idol

Nmj

Nmj

Celine Maniac

• Channel Addicts
  • 8,218 posts
Yes we know
Posted Image

eliud82

eliud82

Celine Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,874
  • 116 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 AM
  • Born: 1982
There was supposed to be a DVD with Celine as a blond.  BUT, Celine herself said on the Documentary that came with the "A New Day" dvd, that she hated it. She didnt like how it looked so they "trashed it"  No, that doesnt mean that the recording was destroyed.  It's still around, it's just that it will never be released.  There were cameras on ceasars all the time.  IF you saw the behind the scene stuff, you see the monitors. They were not just brought in for the DVD filming.

Bruno Dion

Bruno Dion

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 10,786
  • 2,490 posts
  • Local time: 07:36 AM
  • Born: 1987
I really want to know from wich shos were made the first DVD of "A New Day..."???????????????????? It seems to be from shows of early 2004 or maybe december 2003 I don┤t know!  :blink:

Can you help me??????????????????????????

Posted Image

Bellamy

Bellamy

PDP rocks

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,471 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 PM
  • Born: 1979
About October 2003, around the time 1F4T TF1 special was recorded.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link
Click here. Thank you!

Davey84

Davey84

a prince among men

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,296
  • 24,266 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 PM
  • Born: 1984
it's a big same we never got that 3 disc edition they mentioned back then! :glare:

Posted Image

Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!

A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07

Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!

How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 78 user(s)

anewdayhascome, peter.jantosik, ThatKidFrom2003, psrus, fabricio esteves, Jef, Holycrap!05, CelineDionForeverNY, kferraz7, Kristinaz, marcelolongati, immoreme, koala44, giannislyber, Celinex, Caledor, Kostas89, Antonio011, Slim Shady, dinge, Milena5, MaxRay╬les, Millanneinc, hugo cavalcanti, brendanm999, contre5nature, remykyes, MyHappyBill, clbmed02, Timster, Julian, SuperLove4Celine, Koolan, jinchu2004, kevincheung410, GoldenLeaf, Shaun, Austinadk, CELINE MARIE, oscargofe, *Daniel, Ncarbia, ceon, minolli, ShellyDuguay, celine4evauk, shaka, fikus1, takeachance, Beany, wolverine, juank_m22, Bruno Dion, celinemusicfanatic97, Danystar, Celine Fan 77, crazed3009, Henri, toiowo, preciousillusions2012, guitarralopez, matt987, hanna, LeChauffeur100, amerikevin, artist, Tyler1991, yoandrycr, celinefanonline, israel.celine, Claudiakarin, Alex_Incognito, Chrissi, Mattie, garm0704, Thomas, Celine_2533, Yentl Anchel

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy